Quantcast

» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR ANNOUNCEMENT - Gifted Money gone, taking aim at cheaters!

330 replies to this topic
Zombotech-inc
  • Zombotech-inc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

I see "buying" money as way slimier than modding. At least modding and glitching is in the spirit of the game. After all, you are supposed to be a criminal. How is "buying" money fair or legit in the context of the game? 
I really don't see why some players were whining about the free money. Maybe they didn't get any? Maybe they were afraid of "getting caught?" Some criminal mastermind you are! Let's not forget, it's just play money in a game.
As for myself, I found this the hardest GTA to make money in, and was very grateful to receive my relatively modest gift of a hundred million, much of which I shared with others. It felt like a little payback for all the free work I did in Story Mode, and all the grinding I did in Online Mode.

IRL, money talks. You can use money IRL to improve your quality of life. Upgrades are real and bribes are just unadvertised upgrades. It's how the economy works. You can take part in the economy or not, that's your choice. Unless, IRL, you're a peasant, then tough sh*t, you should've studied harder at something more useful in school. :-)
Not sure how this applies to buying gta virtual cash. Go play gta IRL, find a hooker, catch aids and die pls.
Anyways, I had $253M, got knocked to $249k (but made about $100k already) and like some have said, we got to keep our stuff which is cool, assuming you did spend. All I forgot to buy we're buses, but do those serve ANY purpose?
It applies by saving me the time which would otherwise be spent grinding missions etc, for money. I just wanted to get a little dig in at the folks who were slamming people for buying shark cards. I'll go catch aids now, thx. :-D
Thank you

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

Great job R* doing all this and yet hanging up on me when I call in about them charging me for Cash Cards I never bought nor received the GTA$ for. They screwed themselves, as I also filed a BBB complaint back in Dec and now I gotta full refund.

Suck it. You don't get to screw with someone smarter than you.

Capttanhowdy515
  • Capttanhowdy515

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Buying a cash card makes you lazy??? Not everyone has the time to play all day in their moms basement... I personally can only play here and there. But I wanna drive fun sh*t. Plus I have the miney to drop on the cash cards so why not. It still bs for them to take it away.
Plus. When you get 6B I. Bounties you figure your GTA rich. So you spend foolishly in sh*t you normally wouldn't. (Painting cars diff colors constantly, trying bs cars and tricking them out) if I only had my money made w real dollars I wouldn't of blown it on that. I had thought I hit the GTA jackpot. Not my problem their software allowed this.
  • blk95ta, theNGclan, Strikeslip and 1 other like this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Buying a cash card makes you lazy??? Not everyone has the time to play all day in their moms basement... I personally can only play here and there. But I wanna drive fun sh*t. Plus I have the miney to drop on the cash cards so why not. It still bs for them to take it away.
Plus. When you get 6B I. Bounties you figure your GTA rich. So you spend foolishly in sh*t you normally wouldn't. (Painting cars diff colors constantly, trying bs cars and tricking them out) if I only had my money made w real dollars I wouldn't of blown it on that. I had thought I hit the GTA jackpot. Not my problem their software allowed this.

EXACTLY !

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by elmo87, 17 January 2014 - 04:23 PM.

It's about time r*! . In the online gaming community banning is necessary. If they mod, ban them altogether . If they glitched, cheaters pool.

Cash cards are lazy! Who cares if u don't have the time to play . If I play more than u, and achieved more than u in the game, I should be rewarded more than u. You should not be able to drive the same cars as me. You should not be able to shoot the same guns as me. Plus I'm sick of these game developers milking us through dlc. Micro transaction invites the casual gamer . The one who doesn't have time to play .dlc is only good for new content. You shouldnt be able to buy your way .

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Next week they'll have a new cheat out guys relax. :-)

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Lol next week? Try last night.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Having modded money dumped into your account is one thing.  What if modders decide to drain your account to zero?  That would be hilarious!

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Lol next week? Try last night.
What cheat came out last night?

Greeneyez420
  • Greeneyez420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yes Captinhowdy buying cash cards is lazy. I'm not a little kid, I have a whole life that has absolutely nothing to do with video games. so from my perspective you're a lazy f*ck and if you were stupid enough to purchase fake money for a game instead of playing and earning then you Have nothing to complain about. "Boo hoo they won't reimburse me" who cares ya bunch of lazy retards.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yes Captinhowdy buying cash cards is lazy. I'm not a little kid, I have a whole life that has absolutely nothing to do with video games. so from my perspective you're a lazy f*ck and if you were stupid enough to purchase fake money for a game instead of playing and earning then you Have nothing to complain about. "Boo hoo they won't reimburse me" who cares ya bunch of lazy retards.

LOL, I'm a lazy retard with AIDS !

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Sounds about right.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Sounds about right.

Wanna date?

Capttanhowdy515
  • Capttanhowdy515

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Look F*ckTard. Just BC I enjoy the game more with the nice cars and sh*t doesn't mean I'm lazy. Besides. It's not work idiot. It's all fun... The missions are not what I enjoy in the game. I like exploring the map and mobbin around. So your broke ass can go do missions. I'll do what I like in the game. Sheesh

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

I mow lawns for an hour and make $20US to buy $1.25M GTA.  That's lazy?

Maybe I'm not the lazy retard with AIDS.

• PaulDPearl and Capttanhowdy515 like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'd like to thank the Academy.

Max, never Maxine.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by 2281, 17 January 2014 - 08:25 PM.

So what's next?

I mean, the damage has already been done. You now have Rank 10's with fully modded Adders in races. How is this fair those who have played legitimately? This game is still gravely unbalanced.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by PaulDPearl, 17 January 2014 - 08:34 PM.

If it's not out already, I'm willing to bet that by the time I get home from work, a new money exploit will be at work in Los Santos...

By the time I logged off last night - someone was already doing a money glitch..

I mow lawns for an hour and make $20US to buy $1.25M GTA.  That's lazy?

Maybe I'm not the lazy retard with AIDS.

No.. but if you purchase one I will call you a SUCKER (with or without AIDS or water on the brain).

At the VERY LEAST you should have some friends of yours who are doing the money glitch (the new one) just fix up cars that you can sell...  Or just.. you know.. log on and set your controller down upsidedown (so you're not logged off for inactivity) and eventually someone will gift you cash again (because you know it's going to just start all over)..

We'll probably never get heists because R* is obsessed with trying to "fix" the economy... I say they should give up on that hopeless task... develop this sh*t for PC already - let the MODDERS get ahold of it and turn it into a fun SA:MP type expurience and I guarantee you that the MODDERS will be better at preventing BS money glitches if the servers we play on are PRIVATELY RUN...

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Never Born, Never Dead

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:28 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 17 January 2014 - 08:29 PM.

So what's next?

I mean, the damage has already been done. You now have Rank 10's with fully modded Adders in races. How is this fair those who have played legitimately? This game is still gravely unbalanced.

Pseudo modded Adders lol. I doubt they unlocked every unlockable for the cars that early. Sometimes It's the driver that makes the car.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Lol, the only ppl complaining about not having money are the people who were gifted if, believe it or not but a very large majority did not get any cash and it's more fun not having constant tanks running around and ppl doing missions.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

.. log on and set your controller down upsidedown (so you're not logged off for inactivity) and eventually someone will gift you cash again (because you know it's going to just start all over)..

I wouldn't be surprised at all, and that's why I won't be buying any more cards.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

I was gifted over 4 billion and...

I am glad Rockstar did this.

So...?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Lol, the only ppl complaining about not having money are the people who were gifted if, believe it or not but a very large majority did not get any cash and it's more fun not having constant tanks running around and ppl doing missions.

I was gifted cash on three separate occasions...  The only one of my friends who hadn't received large sums from strangers were the ones who NEVER PLAYED... so I suppose if the majority of people don't play then you're probably right.. but if people played and didn't exclusively use private (invite only) servers, then they were gifted cash or extremely unlucky...

Also - before the gifting started, there were still many, many people doing various quick cash tricks anyway.

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

What's bbb?

If they don't reset players ranks and assets then everyone who has played fairly is screwed. When I roll down a street and see 5 or 6 tanks. I know 4 or 5 them should not exist at all.

Rank 61 never cheated never exploited. Always played fairly. And often one ofnthe lowest ranked players in any session I join because of it. So many players exploited rp or modded rp to shoot through the levels and unlock everything.

Dont mind players being higher than me or having better stuff. But letting them get away with cheating to get it. Its a joke. And a disgrace. Playing fairly puts you at a huge disadvantage. And it shouldn't.

They need to reset all ranks gained through exploits and mods and lock out all assets accordingly. If a player gets reset from 300 to 3 then goodbye all guns tanks and other level restricred stuff.

Cheaters are ruling the game. And it needs to be stopped.
  • elmo87 likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

lowkey tryna die

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by theNGclan, 17 January 2014 - 09:43 PM.

What's bbb?

If they don't reset players ranks and assets then everyone who has played fairly is screwed. When I roll down a street and see 5 or 6 tanks. I know 4 or 5 them should not exist at all.

Rank 61 never cheated never exploited. Always played fairly. And often one ofnthe lowest ranked players in any session I join because of it. So many players exploited rp or modded rp to shoot through the levels and unlock everything.

Dont mind players being higher than me or having better stuff. But letting them get away with cheating to get it. Its a joke. And a disgrace. Playing fairly puts you at a huge disadvantage. And it shouldn't.

They need to reset all ranks gained through exploits and mods and lock out all assets accordingly. If a player gets reset from 300 to 3 then goodbye all guns tanks and other level restricred stuff.

Cheaters are ruling the game. And it needs to be stopped.

BBB stands for Better Business Bureau. Reporting R* to them will send R* a notification to clean up their act. If enough people report R*, something WILL be done about our legit cash being taken away for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: Rockstar replied to my support ticket:

"The adjusted account balances are the result of removing modded money. If you already spent some or all of the modded money you were given, you may find that your account balance after adjustment is lower than it was before you received the counterfeit money - this is correct as you will be allowed to keep the items you bought. Any unspent money from shark card purchases is also not affected. For accounts that would have been left with little or no GTA$ after correction, we added sufficient funds to continue playing and enjoying GTA Online, taking into account whether a player intentionally created and distributed modded GTA$ versus or received modded money innocently."

So, not only did they NOT read my original post, they out right admitted that they are complete idiots. This is low. Reaaaally low.

Capttanhowdy515
  • Capttanhowdy515

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Better Business Bureau

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Playing fairly puts you at a huge disadvantage. And it shouldn't.

Never been outside, eh?

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

They still haven't removed the $2.5 billion I've been gifted. They even had the audacity to close my ticket about it labeling it as "Solved".

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Standover Man

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Quick, check your Inventory for a "Halo" option.

Wish I'd reported mine :(

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

I make 35 bucks an hour, what I spend my cash on is nunya buzznizz (crack, hookers, dope)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users