Quantcast

» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR ANNOUNCEMENT - Gifted Money gone, taking aim at cheaters!

330 replies to this topic
Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by Bull12345Bull, 16 January 2014 - 12:32 PM.

http://www.rockstarg...e-cheaters.html

In recent weeks, a small number of Grand Theft Auto Online players sought to exploit the game by generating and distributing game-breaking amounts of in-game cash, disrupting the experience for other players.

We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay, and as part of today’s maintenance period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether.

Should you ever encounter someone in GTA Online that appears to be taking advantage of exploits in your session, we ask that you alert us directly via the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options.

We're grateful for the community's continued support in dealing with these issues and once again apologize to anyone that has had their Grand Theft Auto Online experience sullied by these exploits that broke the game's natural flow. Please stay tuned for lots more news about GTA Online in the weeks ahead.
  • Ninja_Gear, GTA Banjo and iainspad like this

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Glad Rockstar is finally taking Guard and Setting The Field against the cheaters. Maybe finally we can play a version of GTAO that is within the spirit of the game. Brilliant captaincy.

• GTA Banjo, Jolly SWAGman and The Ost like this

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

ANTISOCIAL ASSHOLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

In recent weeks, a small number of Grand Theft Auto Online players sought to exploit the game by generating and distributing game-breaking amounts of in-game cash, disrupting the experience for other players.

We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay, and as part of today’s maintenance period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone that innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any action - the funds will just be removed , and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether.

R* has just posted about Online Cheaters.

It is titled:
"Taking Aim at Online Cheaters"

Should you ever encounter someone in GTA Online that appears to be taking advantage of exploits in your session, we ask that you alert us directly via the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options.

We're grateful for the community's continued support in dealing with these issues and once again apologize to anyone that has had their Grand Theft Auto Online experience sullied by these exploits that broke the game's natural flow. Please stay tuned for lots more news about GTA Online in the weeks ahead.

Source:

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Lol @ some comments...

PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Can I just add "HAHAHA" unlucky hackers, hope you had fun in GTAO and enjoy your perma-ban even more!

• GTA Banjo, BallinOutOfMind, JoeMamma and 3 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Laughed out loud @ "Small number of GTA: Online players".

Yes, Rockstar, 10/16 people in every lobby was certainly a small number.

• Ninja_Gear, RogueStatus, Katve and 5 others like this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Bit slow:
http://gtaforums.com...view=getnewpost

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by gta_aus, 16 January 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Love this so much you go Rockstar
  • GTA Banjo, BallinOutOfMind, Myoyoy and 1 other like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

King of Queens

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

"the funds will just be removed , and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own."

Sweet!

• coach_wargo, GTA Banjo, twiceisnice and 3 others like this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Nothing is worst than forum snitches and grammar nazi's

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Get to keep everything we bought. Works for me

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

But a lot more informative. The other thread is a lazy op who just posted a link.

• mo-seph likes this

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

"the funds will just be removed , and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own." this is just rockstar being lazy we will all sell our adders :p I was right in my post now we can still have a reasonable amount of cash :) I hope we can still sell the also we get to keep our planes and all that good stuff.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

"the funds will just be removed , and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own."

Sweet!

WOOOOO!

The first thing I'm doing is driving my chrome Adder to LSC, selling it, calling my mechanic for another one, then driving to the Airport to fly my purchased Titan, right after searching through every piece of clothing in the game (which I own all of) to find the perfect outfit.

• theshadowfax and twiceisnice like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

but unlike the other two topics Seawall actually

A) says something about it

b) didnt jsut post a link

c) has mostly useful topics...

id much prefer mods to merge the other two into this, than see this closed in favour of try hards...

• RogueStatus likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

"A) says something about it"

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

"We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay"

more like

"We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on profits"

• Aunty Fascist, Ayes, MentalHaze20 and 1 other like this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Lets use this one to discuss.

• Bull12345Bull likes this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

lol @ "small number."

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

but unlike the other two topics Seawall actually

A) says something about it

b) didnt jsut post a link

c) has mostly useful topics...

id much prefer mods to merge the other two into this, than see this closed in favour of try hards...

cheers moderator team :)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

"We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on profits"

So?

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

So?

Id be doing the same thing if i owned rockstar, all id care about is profits. still doesnt mean its good for a game having people pay money for an advatange.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Dammit, if i knew they were this lazy , i would have buy 10 adders for the 2nd character lol, you people are lucky basterds hahaha

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Any word on anything involving glitched RP? I didnt see anything in the official comment. I assume nothing but wanted to ask.

MatsOvechkin
  • MatsOvechkin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Sweet!

WOOOOO!

The first thing I'm doing is driving my chrome Adder to LSC, selling it, calling my mechanic for another one, then driving to the Airport to fly my purchased Titan, right after searching through every piece of clothing in the game (which I own all of) to find the perfect outfit.

I am going to guess they're going to go back and bar anyone from selling their cars that are worth over 50k. 

• Face Down likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Dammit, if i knew they were this lazy , i would have buy 10 adders for the 2nd character lol, you people are lucky basterds hahaha

Don't be so sure of that. They could have changed the re-sell date of those cars. Like they did with cars bought before patch 1.07... now they can just have set it to can't sell cars bought after patch 2.0....

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

I don't think they care about rp as it won't affect their  profits. 

I would laugh if the moment we log back on we get gifted billions again. 

• ZachWheeler14 likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Don't be so sure of that. They could have changed the re-sell date of those cars. Like they did with cars bought before patch 1.07... now they can just have set it to can't sell cars bought after patch 2.0....

Well there's that, if that happens, imagine the butthurt in this forum lol. man im glad i have finished and satisfied with my garage. I dont have to worry about cars i wanted to buy anymore.
  • RogueStatus likes this

MatsOvechkin
  • MatsOvechkin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by MatsOvechkin, 16 January 2014 - 12:37 PM.

Well there's that, if that happens, imagine the butthurt in this forum lol. man im glad i have finished and satisfied with my garage. I dont have to worry about cars i wanted to buy anymore.

Yup, just know it's going to happen lol

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Brian B just posted a Q & A on the support site:

http://support.rocks...and-Modded-GTA-

• Bull12345Bull likes this

lone killer
  • lone killer