Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sooo... Who's gonna Give In And Buy Cash Cards?

152 replies to this topic
Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Serach Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

It's just another one of R* marketing ploys. Don't fall for it. You've already paid 60 bucks for a game that turned out to be infested with hackers and bugs (knowing online is a huge part of the game). Why give them the satisfaction? I'm glad that the hackers have given a large amount of money to a majority of the players, it shows R* we're not going to be taken for f*cking fools. 

To be fair, it's not Rockstar inventing this, it's catering to an increasingly impatient section of the gaming community who simply can't be bothered to invest time in unlocking stuff and think they should be entitled to everything in the game right off the bat. If you want to blame someone for this, blame the spoilt kids who just want everything given to them on a plate.

Or the people who simply want to. Or the people who don't have the time to put in. Or the people who have the disposable income for it.

Or all of the above.

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by GoodGreen, 16 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Once your rich I hear its hard to live broke... and I think R* was banking on the reset to sell cash cards I bet... That's why we are not banned...I wish I was a fly on the wall in their marketing dept...

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

It's just another one of R* marketing ploys. Don't fall for it. You've already paid 60 bucks for a game that turned out to be infested with hackers and bugs (knowing online is a huge part of the game). Why give them the satisfaction? I'm glad that the hackers have given a large amount of money to a majority of the players, it shows R* we're not going to be taken for f*cking fools. 

To be fair, it's not Rockstar inventing this, it's catering to an increasingly impatient section of the gaming community who simply can't be bothered to invest time in unlocking stuff and think they should be entitled to everything in the game right off the bat. If you want to blame someone for this, blame the spoilt kids who just want everything given to them on a plate.

Or the people who simply want to. Or the people who don't have the time to put in. Or the people who have the disposable income for it.

Or all of the above.

Earning money and unlocking items through progression and play are mechanics of almost any modern game. If you gain money or assets by purchasing or cheating you are not playing the game as it was meant to be played. Fact.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

just wait a few days for the new glitches or dns server guys to pop up all over youtube

There's already 1.09 money glitches & RP glitches etc.. 

FreerDK
  • FreerDK

Dirty Detective

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

To be fair, it's not Rockstar inventing this, it's catering to an increasingly impatient section of the gaming community who simply can't be bothered to invest time in unlocking stuff and think they should be entitled to everything in the game right off the bat. Look at Tomb Raider for example, that enable you to buy all character and weapon upgrades as paid DLC on day one, all of which was unlock able in the game (a very easy game, I might add). FIFA coins in Ultimate Team is another example. Just earn your money through winning matches!

Rockstar may have many faults as a company, but no one is forcing anyone to buy additional money. In fact you can earn money pretty easily in the game. If you want to blame someone for this, blame the spoilt kids who just want everything given to them on a plate.

I completely agree with you, but everyone knows it's not so easy to gain money/level up as players like you make it seem. Patience is a virtue, but to re-play Coveted over and over again? I don't think I'd mentally be able to cope with that. If R* were to tweak the RP and GTA cash so that'd it be a tad easier to get, I'd gladly work for it. However when they nerfed it all in what patch was it (1.07/1.08), it only encouraged people to buy cash cards (marketing scheme) because it simply took too long to work for the RP and cash, and imo that just seems a bit unfair. As a 12th grade IB student, I certainly don't have the time to work for all that. However you do prove a good argument,, and I think this would be a good debatable topic for the future. Thumbs up to you sir :)

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

just wait a few days for the new glitches or dns server guys to pop up all over youtube

There's already 1.09 money glitches & RP glitches etc.. 

But who's to say they aren't correcting those while they're down as well?   I don't think why would go through the trouble of correcting the money problem if they were going to let cheaters immediately ruin their work the second they came back online.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Serach Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:26 AM Edited by Muirenn, 16 January 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Or all of the above.

Earning money and unlocking items through progression and play are mechanics of almost any modern game. If you gain money or assets by purchasing or cheating you are not playing the game as it was meant to be played. Fact.

Earning money and unlocking items through progression and play are mechanics of almost any modern game that take time to accomplish. If you gain money or assests by purchasing something that the Developers created for you to purchase you are playing the game in one way it was meant to be played.

Some games require more time. Some people don't have time. People also have free will. If someone doesn't have the time, or has the free will and/or disposable income, they have every right to partake in the oppurtunity that the developers gave them. Doing so means that they are a human being, and are fulfilling part of the point of microtransactions and the Developer's intentions.

Fact. Or any other word that makes me sound arrogant.

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

I wonder how much money they have made off of cash cards to date

Obviously
  • Obviously

The Mime

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I have 6 million stored on my other character.

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Looks like cars bought with gifted money are gone so I'll probably buy a couple.  £10 for $1.25 million isn't that much really and it's good having enough that you don't have to worry about counting bullets in missions.

All the cars I bought with gifted money are still there on my Social Club account.

Odd.  It's maybe worth you taking a look at the vehicles list on SC re. what can and cannot be sold.  If they have removed the cars bought for selling they've maybe done me a favour seeing as it says Adders cannot be sold.  $550,000 lets me back into Weazel Plaza and I can steal all the cars I want except the Entity and Feltzer.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hell no. I'm too cheap and it defeats the purpose of actually PLAYING THE GAME. Hate micro transactions.

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

i would rather pay 4 bucks for as much money as i want then 50 dollars for 3 million

Zonnex
  • Zonnex

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by Zonnex, 16 January 2014 - 11:41 AM.

Hell no. I'm too cheap and it defeats the purpose of actually PLAYING THE GAME. Hate micro transactions.

What exactly defeats the purpose? Can you not sell some cars? Can you not rob stores? Steal cash in the money trucks? Do some missions (finishing Survival for example gives you $20,000 if I recall)?

This microtransactions is merely optional at best and nowhere considered mandatory for you can easily earn millions in a legit way.

Best do this in Solo Sessions or with a reliable crew and friends in invite only lobby to gather some cash without worries from randoms to take it all away. Also, make sure the money is in the bank or else you lose some everytime you die.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Ill just wait for the next round of hacking and some kind fellow to give me billions again

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Police Buffalo Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Or all of the above.

Some people find the methods of earning RP and money in GTA: Online to be tedious and boring, and enjoy the freedom of being able to do whatever they want whenever they want in their game.

Fact.

• am30 and FreerDK like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Or all of the above.

Earning money and unlocking items through progression and play are mechanics of almost any modern game that take time to accomplish. If you gain money or assests by purchasing something that the Developers created for you to purchase you are playing the game in one way it was meant to be played.

Some games require more time. Some people don't have time. People also have free will. If someone doesn't have the time, or has the free will and/or disposable income, they have every right to partake in the oppurtunity that the developers gave them. Doing so means that they are a human being, and are fulfilling part of the point of microtransactions and the Developer's intentions.

Fact. Or any other word that makes me sound arrogant.

The thing is, it is a fact. Take FIFA ultimate team. The ability to purchase FIFA coins means the in-game economy is totally screwed. There's no way you can afford the top players without spending real money. If there was no facility to buy coins, people would be able to earn the right to buy Team Of The Year Ronaldo by simply playing and becoming good at the game. As it is, prices have becoming vastly inflated for these players by people buying vast amounts of coins that they have not earned.

Some people may not have time to invest in the game, but the cost of catering to them must be weighed up against the detrimental knock-on effect this can have on the game as a whole and other players.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Serach Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:56 AM Edited by Muirenn, 16 January 2014 - 11:59 AM.

I didn't know I was playing Fifa.

You should make up your mind about what you're actually complaining about.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

I didn't know I was playing Fifa.

It's just an example of how this sort of thing can have an adverse effect on games. People have spoken at length on these forums of having nothing left to play the game for. It's most likely that these players hacked or bought their money. Each to their own, of course, but on the whole, in my opinion, the game would be better off without the facility to purchase in game money.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock of Ages. Still Rollin'. Rock 'n' Rollin'.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

If you buy a cash card you are either f*cking stupid or have too much money to throw around which would do much better going to charity.

Making money in this game is easy and once you have an apartment and full garage (which most people do) there's really nothing to buy besides ammo.
  • Milesinho likes this

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by Ayes, 16 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

It's not like I have a JB PS3 console running on Rogero 4.50 v1.01 with a NetCheat and BadChoicesZ + Charles running on my PC... :r*: :lol: :lol:

Rodrows
  • Rodrows

VROOOOOMM

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I bought one with leftovers from the Xbox Rewards Program when they retired MSP, it was only for 100k or so

But with real money? Never

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

If you buy a cash card you are either f*cking stupid or have too much money to throw around which would do much better going to charity.

Making money in this game is easy and once you have an apartment and full garage (which most people do) there's really nothing to buy besides ammo.

Or you have a life away from your console....

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Nope. Me and the crew were doing missions for RP and having a laugh anyway, just means I'll need the money too

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

That doesn't really make sense. If you don't want to put time into a game, why spend £40 on it in the first place?

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

That doesn't really make sense. If you don't want to put time into a game, why spend £40 on it in the first place?

Who the f*ck are you? The play-the-game-the-way-I-want-it-to-be-played police? f*ck you.

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:09 PM Edited by am30, 16 January 2014 - 12:10 PM.

It makes perfect sense.  It's my game and I'll play it how I like thank you.  It's my money that I earned so I'll spend it how I like.  £20 isn't a huge amount these days in the grand scheme of things.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a halfwit that just runs about in a chrome Adder shooting everyone but I do not having to count bullets and having no in-game money worries.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

It makes perfect sense.  It's my game and I'll play it how I like thank you.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a halfwit that just runs about in a chrome Adder shooting everyone but I do not having to count bullets and having no in-game money worries.

As is your right. The facility is there so everyone is entitled to use it (unlike cheating and glitching for which I think repeat offenders should be banned). I just don't like it. My opinion, obviously.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Serach Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by Muirenn, 16 January 2014 - 12:14 PM.

The game would be better off if earning money wasn't slow and there were more things to do to earn it.

I didn't like the modded sessions, I don't agree with the act, but I can also understand the motivation behind wanting a lot of money easily. I love GTA online, but earning money is a bitch some times. It's easier to enjoy and have fun when you don't have to worry about needing money for everything. Plus, the more money you have, the larger your area of fun can potentially become.

Personally, I think there wouldn't be so much money exploiting if prices for everything in online weren't so inflated and there were more things to do to earn money.

If one of the first things people say is to spam a single mission over and over if you need money, something needs to change. This is exactly what I did to get my fancy expensive cars, because it was the easiest, quickest, legit (if you can call it legit) thing to do. But that's not f*cking fun, and I need to keep doing it if I don't want to run out of money.

In regards to micro-transactions, I have no damn problem with them, IF they're thought out. I've played tons of MMOs over the years, micro-transactions are nothing new, not in the slightest. In this area of non-MMO games, micro-transactions are different, but still not surprising at all.

Before the session modding, people having a lot of money, either earned through gameplay or micro-transactions, had no negative effect on my gameplay in any way I could see. If anyone's argument about micro-transactions is that it's for spoiled individuals and that it's wrong to do, get the f*ck out.

tl;dr Meh

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Pretty sure there would be cheaters regardless of how easy it was to make money. Cheaters gon' cheat init.

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

anyone whos against money glitches but not cash cards is a moron. both of them are "cheating"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users