Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sooo... Who's gonna Give In And Buy Cash Cards?

152 replies to this topic
GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

R* reset the cash so your not rich as you once was... Who's gonna give in and buy some GTA$$$ cash cards to make your character wealthy again? You know some of you will!??

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM.

Don't see why you point out giving in. Not like they pressure us much to buy them. I'll be selling my collections of adders on my second character if they are still there. If not, I'll be doing missions. I play so much missions, cash was irrelevant before the mods came. Don't have that "OMG, They made micro transactions so of course they are evil!" Mentality.
  • hei3enberg likes this

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

No

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

No need to. I bought all the shop items and fully decked out my garage days before them removing the cash today. I only need money for ammo, and thats not alot.

• kingcool52 and PerceusSOZ like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

just wait a few days for the new glitches or dns server guys to pop up all over youtube

• GoodGreen likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by senormidget, 16 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Not me, I paid my money for the game and I won't be shelling out any more unless it's for substantial additional content.

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Don't need to, its easy to earn money in the game anyway. Never understood why people complained about it.

• PoeticWhisper and Kahkenbols like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'm not stupid.

• Dementious, Killzone3265, tymaster50 and 3 others like this

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

I need my money for other things doeeeeee

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'm not stupid.

• Ninja_Gear and CHIEFSTA like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

JollySWAGman is my dad and I'm Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Why would I buy those overpriced Shark Cards when I can just sell my overpriced Adders to LSC.

Such monies

So hax0r

Much preparedness 

• Timely likes this

FreerDK
  • FreerDK

Dirty Detective

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

It's just another one of R* marketing ploys. Don't fall for it. You've already paid 60 bucks for a game that turned out to be infested with hackers and bugs (knowing online is a huge part of the game). Why give them the satisfaction? I'm glad that the hackers have given a large amount of money to a majority of the players, it shows R* we're not going to be taken for f*cking fools. 

• GoodGreen likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Yep, i've got $80 for some cash-cards. f*ck what you guys think, it's my money.

• Kahkenbols, dannybohy, nitefallz and 1 other like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

I've said this in Uncharted 3 as well.

I'm never giving in to micro-transactions. Hell, if there's a lot of new paid DLC I'll wait for the GoTY version instead. I'm that guy.

I edited because I have friends who buy the cards and I don't want them to feel bad.

EDIT: Micro-trnasactions are for chumps. I am told that my friends aren't getting any. IF anyone's offended, I will retract.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:59 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 16 January 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Cash Cards will be useful to those players who buy the game when it goes on sale. A lot of people buy the game late. You'd be surprised.

I made a couple mods for Skyrim, and I'm still getting comments from new players about them on Steam over a year later.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Cash Cards will be useful to those players who buy the game when it goes on sale. A lot of people buy the game late. You'd be surprised.

But then doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of buying a game that's on sale?

• WBaker and Killzone3265 like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

But then doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of buying a game that's on sale?

Ask them. Maybe they can afford the cash card because of the sale.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ask them. Maybe they can afford the cash card because of the sale.

I know peeps who'd buy cash cards even if they bought it full price.

You know. Pay for instant gratification, all that jazz.

Me, I'm that guy who actually likes doing the routine stuff. My real life is even more boring than my grinding, so there's that.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:05 AM Edited by dannybohy, 16 January 2014 - 11:05 AM.

I cant wait to buy cash cards again!. Still waiting for my last card purchase to come in the post tho! I have been saving a place in my wallet.  I hope I can use it at  ASDA (Wallmart) 

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Looks like cars bought with gifted money are gone so I'll probably buy a couple.  £10 for $1.25 million isn't that much really and it's good having enough that you don't have to worry about counting bullets in missions.

• NegSpec13 likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Looks like cars bought with gifted money are gone so I'll probably buy a couple.  £10 for $1.25 million isn't that much really and it's good having enough that you don't have to worry about counting bullets in missions.

All the cars I bought with gifted money are still there on my Social Club account.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

inb4 shark cards are 70%* discounted in the future...

* = let's hope so...

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

It's just another one of R* marketing ploys. Don't fall for it. You've already paid 60 bucks for a game that turned out to be infested with hackers and bugs (knowing online is a huge part of the game). Why give them the satisfaction? I'm glad that the hackers have given a large amount of money to a majority of the players, it shows R* we're not going to be taken for f*cking fools. 

To be fair, it's not Rockstar inventing this, it's catering to an increasingly impatient section of the gaming community who simply can't be bothered to invest time in unlocking stuff and think they should be entitled to everything in the game right off the bat. Look at Tomb Raider for example, that enable you to buy all character and weapon upgrades as paid DLC on day one, all of which was unlock able in the game (a very easy game, I might add). FIFA coins in Ultimate Team is another example. Just earn your money through winning matches!

Rockstar may have many faults as a company, but no one is forcing anyone to buy additional money. In fact you can earn money pretty easily in the game. If you want to blame someone for this, blame the spoilt kids who just want everything given to them on a plate.

• MOGGYASAURUS and Zonnex like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

inb4 shark cards are 70%* discounted in the future...

* = let's hope so...

Or a package price: Game plus shark card together for a low price.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by Muirenn, 16 January 2014 - 11:11 AM.

The money saved is money that can be used for the microtransactions if they so choose, so I don't see how it defeats the purpose of anything.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Peon

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:11 AM Edited by cjdavies, 16 January 2014 - 11:11 AM.

I give my gifted to my second character as I didn't want it, I had $1.6 million legit and now $0.

Cash cards - no f*cking chance.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

To be fair, it's not Rockstar inventing this, it's catering to an increasingly impatient section of the gaming community... If you want to blame someone for this, blame the spoilt kids who just want everything given to them on a plate.

This.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

I already bought everything I could so no point in buying ca$h cards

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

If they have shark cards that aren't cash but DLC vehicle packs and new weapon packs I would buy them,, who wouldn't?  

I almost said if they come out with DLC that costs 1.5 million GTA$, but they couldn't do that right now with money glitches still in the mix, it would be a bad business call. But thats the direction it looks to be going in. Maybe they will release a DLC pack for 5.99 or whatever price and then charge you again for it with in game cash, but that would be too redundant and not cost effective for the consumer. If they fix money glitches altogether then the first option would be more viable.  Now lets say if there shark cards that aren't cash at all but rather a whole DLC pack altogether, then it wouldn't matter because you already paid for it, and then have add-ons to that pack or vehicle that would cost in game money... Hey now thats a great idea!!!

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Never gonna happen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users