Photo

The $500,000 to bring to the docks

229 replies to this topic
XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Was thinking Jimmy made the map for the gang members who end up stealing the Boat from him. He meets them up north, whatever happens, then they drive back down south, which is how we come upon them as M and F, heading back south on Great Ocean Highway.

I still think it's for M's boat now, just makes too much sens to me. I mean, 500k + Docks = Yacht, IMHO. 

strakan7
  • strakan7

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

hehe, let me know when you've replayed it to get that much cash before you do pretty much anything else...

• god level2 likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

?

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

X, I think he said "Good luck getting that much cash without progressing all that much"

On a side note since my attempt of taking a left to actually drive through Raton Canyon instead of over. I've had a special location in mind that I wanted to end up but couldn't find a way to do so. Not even now when I tried to go straight (and what I believed was straight) on the dirt road across from the Sonar Docks road. So just gonna leave this here

Hillbilly_zps04d48507.png

P.S. Just a random thought. But what if the arrow isn't an in-game arrow or a direction to turn left. but an indicator that when the left guard rail ends, we should look for a dirt road.

P.S.S. if that doesn't strike as a potential then I feel we are looking for a left pointing arrow, no other arrow should be counted (and left perceived by the way we are facing so the arrow next to the Sonar Docks turn still counts)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

hehe, let me know when you've replayed it to get that much cash before you do pretty much anything else...

I see what you're saying BUT, we don't have to pay a ransom by a certain time, why would we? If it's a ransom there were no time instructions with it.

If it's an optional/side mission then it could be done right after possibly OR as the last thing you do in the game. Doesn't seem you would have to get 500k that early is what i'm saying, nothing points to you having to immediately pay a ransom.(Ransom idea is pure speculation anyways, just an idea)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 3 weeks ago.

X, I think he said "Good luck getting that much cash without progressing all that much"

On a side note since my attempt of taking a left to actually drive through Raton Canyon instead of over. I've had a special location in mind that I wanted to end up but couldn't find a way to do so. Not even now when I tried to go straight (and what I believed was straight) on the dirt road across from the Sonar Docks road. So just gonna leave this here

The Paleto "Pier" is the destination.

This is going to be hard to debunk, IMHO...

"Follow dirt road" = Follow the road to the end, where the Pier is.(road stops because of the broken bridge)

"Down to docks" = Walk down the stairs to the beach. South(down) from the stairs about a hundred yards or so is a floating "Dock" abut 20 feet off shore that spawns 4 Jet Ski's.

1. 90% of the time a Jet Ski guys rides around, not sure if anything to do with it?

2. 90% of the time 2 guys, a truck, and a boat trailer appear on the beach just by the floating dock. Can't seem to interact with them.

Logically, following the directions and not interpreting them leads to the "Pier", then down to this Floating Dock, so...? That's where i'm at.

EDIT: like i said, it's just an idea but, technically you could interpret the directions and end up at the Dancing Hillbilly area with a "Dock" that is just south of Chiliad.

No Chin
  • No Chin

Yard Car Pro

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

hi ... i was trying the southern edge of chiliad last night in gtvo. i had the luck of being in a server late at night with just me in. so i tried the dancing hillbilly area. i drove around with $500000 in cash but nothing happend apart from a gang wars when reaching the hilbilly villiage. i completed the gang wars without dying maybe thinking something would ahppen after but no. i also tried further east along the alamo/chiliad shoreline but nothing again.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Cool, we can scratch that off the list then. Good work No Chin.

Getting closer to the answer day by day.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Trick

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I followed the instructions, and arrived at the dock. 

Interestingly, on the ground was a newspaper, with the headline "Narwal Bacon"...

A google search revealed that the term is part of a reddit phrase, "Narwall Bacon at midnight", and is used to identify redditors, or something along those lines...

Perhaps this is a signal to wait till midnight, or something?

Probably been covered, and probably just part of a generic garbage texture, but thought I would just make the suggestion.

GTAbaz
  • GTAbaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well i followed the instructions (playing as Trevor) and while on the way i noticed the No Country for Old Men random event spawn, so I stopped off, shot the 3 that were still alive and collected the cash.

I took one of the abandoned 4x4s and turned off down the dirt track to the sonar dock, i didnt even have time to get out the car and i was ambushed by some gangstas in a pick up. Trevor blurted out something like "uuuuh here we go, i knew this was too good to be true"

I got out the car and killed them and nothing happened after that, no cutscenes or anything. I'm guessing it was an ambush and they were trying to take my 500k.

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well i followed the instructions (playing as Trevor) and while on the way i noticed the No Country for Old Men random event spawn, so I stopped off, shot the 3 that were still alive and collected the cash.

I took one of the abandoned 4x4s and turned off down the dirt track to the sonar dock, i didnt even have time to get out the car and i was ambushed by some gangstas in a pick up. Trevor blurted out something like "uuuuh here we go, i knew this was too good to be true"

I got out the car and killed them and nothing happened after that, no cutscenes or anything. I'm guessing it was an ambush and they were trying to take my 500k.

If you think this is the answer then to me your dumber then the people started the false rumor about the FIB ambush and a lot dumber then the people that think it's the sonar docks property because you gain more then half a mill in profit. And yes offense meant

I have yet to see a legitimate way/reason to take that dirt road while following the instructions
  • jp9865 likes this

jp9865
  • jp9865

Prankster

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

@above

Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha :D

Dude you killed me!

Cheers razgriz.

Sorry I have nothing new. In still on my gta5 hiatus while I 100% vice City! :D nearly there. Lol.
  • fragtime2k9 likes this

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Beanee, 3 weeks ago.

Definitely jsut an idea, but with the single x and the fives x's, could this now have anything to so with channel x and the DJ Keith morris?

XXXXX = Keith?

I'm not sure where this leads to as in the next step.. Is there a radio x mast or building?

Talking sh*t but brainstorming here guys
  • fragtime2k9 likes this

GTAbaz
  • GTAbaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you think this is the answer then to me your dumber then the people started the false rumor about the FIB ambush and a lot dumber then the people that think it's the sonar docks property because you gain more then half a mill in profit. And yes offense meant

Oh, such irony. Such fail. I am going to assume you are an American. And I don't have the heart to take offense at those I pity.

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by razgriz67, 3 weeks ago.

I sea that you just gunna point out me grammer errers instead of try an defend you're theory.

Well now you're posts are deed to me
  • kj2022, jp9865, Beanee and 1 other like this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Moistboyz-The Paperboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I sea that you just gunna point out me grammer errers instead of try an defend you're theory.

Well now you're posts are deed to me

f*ck, lol!  Thank you!

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by razgriz67, 3 weeks ago.

Just a random thought. Has anyone seen a sign stating that you are now leaving raton canyon or something to that effect?

A little late to the show to answer. But I haven't noticed an Now Leaving sign. But a bit weirder to me is that there is no Welcome sign when coming the other way. Which makes your double North Chumash sign priceless in value.

Also does anyone know if the welcome signs are exclusive to this part of the map?

I know there is a "Visit Paleto Point" sign

http://socialclub.ro...vA?platformId=1

and a "Welcome to Paleto Cove" Sign

http://socialclub.ro...Pg?platformId=1

But are there others along that road?

P.S. I too am on a bit of a GTA V hiatus. Due to being too lazy in the morning and tired when I clock out and my 360 being downstairs. but am willing to take the 20 min wait for me to sign in and have GTA V available to play (ok small exaggeration) for theories I've yet to test out

But since I'm now being limited to 10 hours ending at 1:30 AM and due to me possibly starting to drink coffee I might be not as tired. Plus depending on what the pre-order bonuses are will determine whether or not I get the Digital version for my X1

jp9865
  • jp9865

Prankster

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jp9865, 2 weeks ago.

Just had a random stoned thought. What if the directions are not to us (the protags) but from us? We are selling somebody something?
When during missions are we holding something?
Hell, even the first mission we are in someone else's car!

Yes I do realise that I actually just stole this idea from Xmarqs then tweaked it a little! :D

What about the devon weston cars final mission? You're driving this route if I'm not mistaken?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by XMarqstheSpot, A week ago.

The directions are in fact the same route that you take as Trevor while Devin Weston is in the Trunk.  Then the ending cut scene begins just as the Altruist depict it, with a setting sun and a moon just over it in the 2 O'Clock position.

Wierd, huh?

I find this disappointing.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by XMarqstheSpot, A week ago.

After much speculation i believe i have found the confirmation of who "Mr. X" is.  It is in fact Oscar, Trev'sDrug/Gun running buddy.

Here is how i came to this conclusion...

1. Before you can buy the McKenzie field there is no "contact Mr X" sign outside.

2. After doing the Nervous Ron mission and the McKenzie field becomes available for purchase, BEFORE you purchase it the sign is now hanging outside.

3. During the Nervous Ron mission Trevor talks about wanting to buy into Oscar's business.

This leads me to believe that XXXXX on the directions is in fact Oscar(5 X's = OSCAR) BUT, the first X could be talking to T as in...

T

Lago Zancudo

Great Ocean Highway North

Oscar.

since i don't have the game i can't try anymore but, has anybody tried calling Oscar form the locations we end up at? Seems plausible to arrive and then call Oscar as the last step, maybe?

• No Chin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users