Photo

The $500,000 to bring to the docks

248 replies to this topic
XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

Was thinking Jimmy made the map for the gang members who end up stealing the Boat from him. He meets them up north, whatever happens, then they drive back down south, which is how we come upon them as M and F, heading back south on Great Ocean Highway.

I still think it's for M's boat now, just makes too much sens to me. I mean, 500k + Docks = Yacht, IMHO. 

• Cake* Games likes this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

hehe, let me know when you've replayed it to get that much cash before you do pretty much anything else...

• god level2 likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

?

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

X, I think he said "Good luck getting that much cash without progressing all that much"

On a side note since my attempt of taking a left to actually drive through Raton Canyon instead of over. I've had a special location in mind that I wanted to end up but couldn't find a way to do so. Not even now when I tried to go straight (and what I believed was straight) on the dirt road across from the Sonar Docks road. So just gonna leave this here

Hillbilly_zps04d48507.png

P.S. Just a random thought. But what if the arrow isn't an in-game arrow or a direction to turn left. but an indicator that when the left guard rail ends, we should look for a dirt road.

P.S.S. if that doesn't strike as a potential then I feel we are looking for a left pointing arrow, no other arrow should be counted (and left perceived by the way we are facing so the arrow next to the Sonar Docks turn still counts)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

hehe, let me know when you've replayed it to get that much cash before you do pretty much anything else...

I see what you're saying BUT, we don't have to pay a ransom by a certain time, why would we? If it's a ransom there were no time instructions with it.

If it's an optional/side mission then it could be done right after possibly OR as the last thing you do in the game. Doesn't seem you would have to get 500k that early is what i'm saying, nothing points to you having to immediately pay a ransom.(Ransom idea is pure speculation anyways, just an idea)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 15 June 2014 - 03:13 PM.

X, I think he said "Good luck getting that much cash without progressing all that much"

On a side note since my attempt of taking a left to actually drive through Raton Canyon instead of over. I've had a special location in mind that I wanted to end up but couldn't find a way to do so. Not even now when I tried to go straight (and what I believed was straight) on the dirt road across from the Sonar Docks road. So just gonna leave this here

The Paleto "Pier" is the destination.

This is going to be hard to debunk, IMHO...

"Follow dirt road" = Follow the road to the end, where the Pier is.(road stops because of the broken bridge)

"Down to docks" = Walk down the stairs to the beach. South(down) from the stairs about a hundred yards or so is a floating "Dock" abut 20 feet off shore that spawns 4 Jet Ski's.

1. 90% of the time a Jet Ski guys rides around, not sure if anything to do with it?

2. 90% of the time 2 guys, a truck, and a boat trailer appear on the beach just by the floating dock. Can't seem to interact with them.

Logically, following the directions and not interpreting them leads to the "Pier", then down to this Floating Dock, so...? That's where i'm at.

EDIT: like i said, it's just an idea but, technically you could interpret the directions and end up at the Dancing Hillbilly area with a "Dock" that is just south of Chiliad.

No Chin
  • No Chin

Yard Car Pro

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

hi ... i was trying the southern edge of chiliad last night in gtvo. i had the luck of being in a server late at night with just me in. so i tried the dancing hillbilly area. i drove around with $500000 in cash but nothing happend apart from a gang wars when reaching the hilbilly villiage. i completed the gang wars without dying maybe thinking something would ahppen after but no. i also tried further east along the alamo/chiliad shoreline but nothing again.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Cool, we can scratch that off the list then. Good work No Chin.

Getting closer to the answer day by day.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I followed the instructions, and arrived at the dock. 

Interestingly, on the ground was a newspaper, with the headline "Narwal Bacon"...

A google search revealed that the term is part of a reddit phrase, "Narwall Bacon at midnight", and is used to identify redditors, or something along those lines...

Perhaps this is a signal to wait till midnight, or something?

Probably been covered, and probably just part of a generic garbage texture, but thought I would just make the suggestion.

GTAbaz
  • GTAbaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Well i followed the instructions (playing as Trevor) and while on the way i noticed the No Country for Old Men random event spawn, so I stopped off, shot the 3 that were still alive and collected the cash.

I took one of the abandoned 4x4s and turned off down the dirt track to the sonar dock, i didnt even have time to get out the car and i was ambushed by some gangstas in a pick up. Trevor blurted out something like "uuuuh here we go, i knew this was too good to be true"

I got out the car and killed them and nothing happened after that, no cutscenes or anything. I'm guessing it was an ambush and they were trying to take my 500k.

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by Beanee, 18 June 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Definitely jsut an idea, but with the single x and the fives x's, could this now have anything to so with channel x and the DJ Keith morris?

XXXXX = Keith?

I'm not sure where this leads to as in the next step.. Is there a radio x mast or building?

Talking sh*t but brainstorming here guys
  • fragtime2k9 likes this

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by razgriz67, 19 June 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Just a random thought. Has anyone seen a sign stating that you are now leaving raton canyon or something to that effect?

A little late to the show to answer. But I haven't noticed an Now Leaving sign. But a bit weirder to me is that there is no Welcome sign when coming the other way. Which makes your double North Chumash sign priceless in value.

Also does anyone know if the welcome signs are exclusive to this part of the map?

I know there is a "Visit Paleto Point" sign

http://socialclub.ro...vA?platformId=1

and a "Welcome to Paleto Cove" Sign

http://socialclub.ro...Pg?platformId=1

But are there others along that road?

P.S. I too am on a bit of a GTA V hiatus. Due to being too lazy in the morning and tired when I clock out and my 360 being downstairs. but am willing to take the 20 min wait for me to sign in and have GTA V available to play (ok small exaggeration) for theories I've yet to test out

But since I'm now being limited to 10 hours ending at 1:30 AM and due to me possibly starting to drink coffee I might be not as tired. Plus depending on what the pre-order bonuses are will determine whether or not I get the Digital version for my X1

jp9865
  • jp9865

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by jp9865, 25 June 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Just had a random stoned thought. What if the directions are not to us (the protags) but from us? We are selling somebody something?
When during missions are we holding something?
Hell, even the first mission we are in someone else's car!

Yes I do realise that I actually just stole this idea from Xmarqs then tweaked it a little! :D

What about the devon weston cars final mission? You're driving this route if I'm not mistaken?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:06 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 June 2014 - 11:07 AM.

The directions are in fact the same route that you take as Trevor while Devin Weston is in the Trunk.  Then the ending cut scene begins just as the Altruist depict it, with a setting sun and a moon just over it in the 2 O'Clock position.

Wierd, huh?

I find this disappointing.

• Cappin Murica likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 June 2014 - 05:42 PM.

After much speculation i believe i have found the confirmation of who "Mr. X" is.  It is in fact Oscar, Trev'sDrug/Gun running buddy.

Here is how i came to this conclusion...

1. Before you can buy the McKenzie field there is no "contact Mr X" sign outside.

2. After doing the Nervous Ron mission and the McKenzie field becomes available for purchase, BEFORE you purchase it the sign is now hanging outside.

3. During the Nervous Ron mission Trevor talks about wanting to buy into Oscar's business.

This leads me to believe that XXXXX on the directions is in fact Oscar(5 X's = OSCAR) BUT, the first X could be talking to T as in...

T

Lago Zancudo

Great Ocean Highway North

Oscar.

since i don't have the game i can't try anymore but, has anybody tried calling Oscar form the locations we end up at? Seems plausible to arrive and then call Oscar as the last step, maybe?

• No Chin likes this

Dumbass log muncher
  • Dumbass log muncher

ASPIRING ARTIST

• New Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

If theres a large X before the instructions, maybe you have to bring the money somewhere underwater. If X means submersible on the map.

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Clutching at straws maybe, but I've wondered if this might be the Lago Zancudo starting point, since the big white X on the UV map instructions could be viewed as a crude airplane symbol too...

555CrmM.jpg

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by razgriz67, 13 July 2014 - 12:17 AM.

If theres a large X before the instructions, maybe you have to bring the money somewhere underwater. If X means submersible on the map.

If you can find a guard rail underwater/along the shore and what appears to be a dirt road on the sea floor then I'm on board until then I'm claiming this as unlikely

Clutching at straws maybe, but I've wondered if this might be the Lago Zancudo starting point, since the big white X on the UV map instructions could be viewed as a crude airplane symbol too...

555CrmM.jpg

Interesting take. But my problem with it is that Lago Zancudo is the only exception to the rule. What I mean is that all you get is the name and no additional instruction for it.

Which leads me to believe that you have to start in that specific area. (though not sure which road to take for this to work best)

No Chin
  • No Chin

Yard Car Pro

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

odd that.... the name of the plane is spelled normally with a 'z' not an 's'. also, one thing that bugs me about all the different docks out there is the dock that appears on the regular game map, in game map and blueprint map on the very north of the island. just east of paleto bay. 

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

R* Defender (it's a joke)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

It would be quite funny if this mystery can be solved so easily, jumping 3 times or running in a circle, the ufo thing could be kicking the wall a few times. I hope so.

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

0.5 miles past the end of the Raton Canyon Bridge is right after that curve in the road. There's no dirt road there. If you go onto the beach (Which completely ignores that note) there's a peninsula, with a dirt road on it, and I found a UFO part at the end of said road. Almost certainly unrelated, just a thought.

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:54 AM Edited by razgriz67, 19 July 2014 - 10:55 AM.

@mythic

First no dirt road leading there

Second no docks

And Third you ignored the "when guard rail ends" instruction

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 19 July 2014 - 06:11 PM. removed post

If your post was removed it was removed for good reason

Do not repost it.

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

Do any of you all have a 100% complete game save with Michael dead? The reason why I ask is that maybe the $500k at the docks thing is something Trevor has to do after 100% when Michael is dead. I brought this up on Reddit, but it was an old post so no one commented. I know it's a shot in the dark, but I guess it couldn't hurt.  

• minifat likes this

minifat
  • minifat

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by minifat, 28 July 2014 - 09:09 AM.

Do any of you all have a 100% complete game save with Michael dead? The reason why I ask is that maybe the $500k at the docks thing is something Trevor has to do after 100% when Michael is dead. I brought this up on Reddit, but it was an old post so no one commented. I know it's a shot in the dark, but I guess it couldn't hurt.  

Thanks for the response in the Mystery topic :D I did not expect to find my name randomly in gtaforums 3 weeks later.

Since I am new to a lot of this, I would like to say some things that are already obvious to you guys, but just still seems weird to me. The Dock property is not .5 miles away from Raton Canyon, its .4 at most I think, and that's stretching it. Also the property is not $500,000. Why would Rockstar make such a huge clue for only a property that's already revealed in the normal, non UV map?

I'm at the general location with Michael right now, snooping around for things.

On the way to area I saw this Raton Canyon Trails sign. Does it hold any weight or has it already been discussed? Could be totally unrelated, but there is a word that seems purposely hidden in the bottom right. Something "archy? Can't tell.

http://i.imgur.com/vydUtaA.jpg This is right across the road from the property.

• Fran_Halen likes this

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

I use a saved all 100% save. And would like to hear more about this random connection of why mike should be dead

@minifat
Depending on who you ask the turn for the docks is about .20-.28 miles out (past the end of GPS Raton Canyon) can't remember correctly ATM

Bout .48 miles out (beginning of GPS Raton Canyon)

Or about .61 miles out (past the Raton Canyon sign across the street from hookies next to the dirt road entrance)

And that trail I ran through it. Though even I have to admit I rushed through it and could of been a bit more thorough but I didn't end up somewhere interesting (same with dirt road across from hookies)

As for the the word is concerned. IIRC it's believed to be connected to the Children of the Mountain so do with it as you see fit
  • Fran_Halen likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Fran_Halen, 28 July 2014 - 12:59 PM.

@razgriz67 - I lean toward the mural meaning 3 different rewards for the 3 different endings (we talked about this on the mystery thread). And since we haven't found much lately I was thinking that maybe there are certain things we have to do with all 3 alive, Trevor dead, and Michael dead to unlock what we see in the boxes on the mural. Since most of us think that the $500k isn't linked to the purchase of the docks, and the UV writing is linked to Trevor, I just thought that maybe the $500k thing is something that might be triggered when Michael is dead (seeing that nothing happens in that area with all 3 alive). I was just curious to see if that had been tried yet is all. I was going for the 3 different 100% saves until I encountered the infinite loading screen errors and I kind of gave up on it. Now with my kid on the way in less than 2 months I don't have a lot of time to play, but I still follow the threads. 

@minifat - razgriz67 is right about that writing on the sign being linked to the Children of the Mountain. It's says "actuality" and that's one of the passwords you need to put in their website. 

caudy
  • caudy

bawbag

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by caudy, 09 October 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Just read through the post and may have a idea what if the large x is like a you are here mark, does lago zacundo have a tourist sign possible start point then the 5 small x's are possible cross roads or junctions in the journey. I am gonna try this when i get home from work but it would be great if someone else put there head round this as well as 5 juctions/crossroads could mean a few diffrent routes

Or another idea the small x's could be like breadcrumbs after following each section of direction look for a x mabee on the back of a sign or on a tree just something to let us know we are on the right tracks.

Just ideas

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Do you classify welcome signs as tourist signs?

As for cross roads.... Hmmm don't think I've looked into those much.

I'll be able to look tonight when I get home

Tconzz22
  • Tconzz22

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Trevor starts out the game with like 700k so it's probably something that can be triggered anytime

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users