razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

I ended up at the pier with the parachute jump

In Paleto Bay?

Yup looked at GPS at the end of Raton Canyon (leaving the sonar docks turn at about .25 miles) and turning left just before the chiliad trolly

Ended up at the pier and that pier/Jet ski docks south of that is my point of interest

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

"read it backwards hint hint"

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

http://imgur.com/xce4wHN

Look where Raton Canyon is placed..

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

http://imgur.com/xce4wHN

Look where Raton Canyon is placed..

You talking about the sign?

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

Whoops. Didn't realize I could zoom in on iPhone.

Anyways do it. I wonna see where it takes you

jp9865
  • jp9865

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Just a random thought. Has anyone seen a sign stating that you are now leaving raton canyon or something to that effect?

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Just a random thought. Has anyone seen a sign stating that you are now leaving raton canyon or something to that effect?

Nope, just entry signs. Maybe we should decipher the X's

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by god level2, 04 June 2014 - 02:51 PM.

P.S

A few things i noticed

when it says ".5 miles past Raton Canyon, do we start measuring when the canyon ends?

On the sign for the trails (across from sonar dock) there is a sheet of paper that says either "lost cock" or "lost dock" http://socialclub.ro...zjECxvmFPWYzS1Q

On the map they numbered trails, do we search on trail 5? (XXXXX)

Synauron
  • Synauron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

P.S

A few things i noticed

when it says ".5 miles past Raton Canyon, do we start measuring when the canyon ends?

On the sign for the trails (across from sonar dock) there is a sheet of paper that says either "lost cock" or "lost dock" http://socialclub.ro...zjECxvmFPWYzS1Q

On the map they numbered trails, do we search on trail 5? (XXXXX)

or 6 if you count the first x

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 13 June 2014 - 12:02 AM.

If not before by you guys, the "500k misprint" will surely be confirmed/debunked when the new gen uv map, if available, is delivered.

Either it will be the same, meaning no misprint on this issue and there's still something out there, or it will be corrected...

Some other map issues will also be a bit clearer since no previous misprints, ie the missing pier, will be again "nicely" accepted!

For those that like to start threads, and considering that the uv map is well spreaded out the internet, I'll leave this titles in example "UV Map on next gen, why have it?" or after next gen release "Match the differences between maps, find the differences or misprints competition!"

• ParanoiaX likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 13 June 2014 - 01:54 AM.

you know, there is a difference between a "Dock" and a "Pier".  One of the 2 locations ends at a "Dock" and the other ends at a "Pier". If we are going to follow the directions then we would have to go to the dock i would think, correct?

Just something to think about.

EDIT: Also, just throwing this out there BUT, maybe we aren't supposed to do it in a car? Maybe it's a hiking trail and/or Jogging trail?  Anyone try running it to both end point on a Mountain bike?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

LOL, we're IDIOT'S! 

Ok, "0.5" Past raton Canyon".  when you go to Raton Canyon on the Great Ocean highway you come to a bridge. Using the D-Pad down you can see that Raton Canyon ends halfway across this bridge.

Now, set a waypoint for somewhere up towards Paleto Bay. I'll use mine to explain.

My marker was 0.98 miles away from where raton Canyon actually ends, so going 0.5 past would end me at 0.48 miles.  This takes me past the sonar dock's and the guard rail/arrow on the road.

Now, EXACTLY at 0.48 miles the guardrail picked up again.(Coincidence that it comes back at exactly .5 miles so we can continue to follow?) So, following this guard rail until it ends brings us right before the left turn that leads to the Pier and the dirt road. This IS NOT the right road(IMHO).

Ok, we're now stopped at where the "Guard rail ends", correct? Guess what is EXACTLY on the opposite side of the road? A big painted ARROW on the Lumber sign that has the saw blade stuck in it.

This sign with the Arrow is at a "Dirt Road" that leads UP(not down) to the lumber mill but, this detail doesn;t matter because we are not on the "To Dock's" step yet. We still have to follow the dirt road first.

So we follow the dirt road and where do we end up? the lumber yard.

Truck "Dock" anybody?(Mind's blown yet?)

This is starting to make sense to me now because the lumber yard is a front for a Weed Packing/Shipping ring, correct? $500,000 seems like enough Weed to pack a semi truck trailor with, yeah?

Unfortunately, i'm off to work in a minute or i would try this myself but, if someone wants to try a scenario of some sorts like taking a Semi Truck(with or without a trailor?) through the written steps starting from Lago Zancudo then be my guest.

• ParanoiaX and No Chin like this

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by razgriz67, 13 June 2014 - 07:56 AM.

@X
First yes the it's a pier and not a dock and saying that it could be the jet ski dock just south of said pier is a bit if a stretch. Your reasonings and ignorance of some of the instructions is well IMO makes the Sonar docks a bust too.

However going off of the Welcome signs (Raton canyon being opposite side of Hookies" then the turn to the docks us now about .61 miles. (Though you still have the redundancy if "when Rail End" and "Follow Dirt Road" since there is no other road that's to the left)

Second I did notice that though nothing came of it. Will be more then happy to try again though

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 13 June 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Past is a descriptive word, meaning after. You don't go 0.5 miles THROUGH Raton Canyon, you go past it by 0.5 miles. so when it ends is when you start counting.

also, the Rail ends/Dirt road directions are two completely seperate directives. you don't "Follow the dirt road down to the docks". You "Follow the dirt road" and then "go down to the docks". there is a difference.

If this was a dirt road with 4 docks along it's path, for example, then you wouldn't turn at the first one, you would "Follow the dirt road" to the end and then go down to the docks.

The "Left Arrow" when Guard rail ends doesn't have to mean TURN LEFT either, it simply could mean there is an arrow as a marker when the rail ends so you know you are still on the right path. This is the case with the Sonar Docks and where i ended up at the lumber mill. Both arrows also have dirt roads exactly at that spot. 

Hell, it could mean the Clucking Bell Truck "Docks". Nothing specifically says to turn, it just says there will be an arrow marker when the rail ends so you know you are still correct at that point. then you follow a dirt road, then you go down to the docks.

Just my opinion, no aggression, just my Point of View.

EDIT: Let's say a City is 2 miles long, and you live 3 miles past that. If you are giving a friend directions to your place and he hasn't hit the city yet then asks "how far past the city", do you tell him 3 miles or 5?  I would say 3 miles but, that's because i see "past" as starting at the end of the city. would anyone reply with "5 miles past the city?". That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:47 AM Edited by razgriz67, 13 June 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Past is a descriptive word, meaning after. You don't go 0.5 miles THROUGH Raton Canyon, you go past it by 0.5 miles. so when it ends is when you start counting.

EDIT: Let's say a City is 2 miles long, and you live 3 miles past that. If you are giving a friend directions to your place and he hasn't hit the city yet then asks "how far past the city", do you tell him 3 miles or 5?  I would say 3 miles but, that's because i see "past" as starting at the end of the city. would anyone reply with "5 miles past the city?". That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

True and I thought the same thing when I first attempted and still agree with that stand point. But if going by the welcome sign, one could also phrase it as past the sign.

also, the Rail ends/Dirt road directions are two completely seperate directives. you don't "Follow the dirt road down to the docks". You "Follow the dirt road" and then "go down to the docks". there is a difference.

I know but to me its redundant to have "when guard rail ends" and "follow the dirt road" when the rail ends for the sonar docks exit there is only a dirt road that to me is the redundancy. I don't see why you would have both. you could easily just erase one or the other as long as the arrow is still there.

Or just take out the word dirt. Don't see why they need to be that specific if there is only one road to take at all 3 arrow locations

The "Left Arrow" when Guard rail ends doesn't have to mean TURN LEFT either, it simply could mean there is an arrow as a marker when the rail ends so you know you are still on the right path. This is the case with the Sonar Docks and where i ended up at the lumber mill. Both arrows also have dirt roads exactly at that spot.

And there is also a left turn lane just past your lumber arrow to get to the pier. and that road then turns into a dirt road and voids the redundancy that I see.

Also I did 3 runs all using the flat front semi. First run with a flat bed, then one loaded up with wood and then one with no trailer and nothing (though I cant cross out the no trailer yet the bikers got involved then did the police and it was a mess)

Still gotta test out the other wood trailer, did one with a trunk sticking out gotta do the completely flat/thicker tree trunks. re-do the no trailer and then do it again with the semi with the engine sticking out

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well, i agree with everything you said. My opinion is just that and i don't know what R* intended for these to mean.

and thank you for taking the time to try out the Truck idea, much appreciated, you didn't have to take the time, so thanks.

I guess we can call my idea "Busted".

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

why would they change the price of the docks?

why would they make a mysterious guide on where to buy those docks? it's not hidden at all

- Reasons why it cant be sonar docks

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 14 June 2014 - 11:37 AM.

Piers and Docks - X is correct.

Although docks could mean a lot of things, depending on the context, if the reference is made for maritime/shipping purposes, the only docks that I've spotted so far in the whole map are at LS Port (there're even dry docks there, wish I appreciated to check ingame, since I've been docking on many irl...). The sub's place, the heli's one a bit North of the sub's place, the "Santa Monica" one and many others can only be (correctly) named as piers or maybe pontoons if you wish (though this term is usually used only for floating platforms/piers).

Edit @razgriz below-yeah, I've read Tirk's post before, I was just trying to confirm X's post - the sub's place it's not a dock, fact! It's a pier. If as most people thinks, though not the ones on this thread, r* made the instruction to direct us to the sub's place, they've screwed up the vocabulary :)

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

@Eram, Tirk already brought up possible alternative meaning of Dock and the 2 most likely targets IMO are Loading Docks and Specific type of Vegetation.

Tirk, your randomness (its a good thing) made me search docks on Wikipedia. Quite interesting things. Given me so many ideas.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock

Could be a mountain top! See hoho docks or something. Can't remember and I've only just read it! Lol gotta stop smoking!

Ha its hohe dock! I was close!

So the only things of Interest I found here where that apparently Docklands is the occupied area surrounding the Dock itself which isn't that relevent to the sonar docks, and mine is barely a dock,

then there is Loading Docks, which last I checked was only near the pier and on the right side of the road well past when I suspect your supposed to turn left.

And then there is just a bunch of vegetation to look at.

We have Sorrel

Rumex

Rumex Crispus

Rumex Obtusifolius

Hey X. thanks for posting your thoughts. But at the same time I hate you for them.

Thanks to the solidarity at work and me reading your post X the day before. I had all day today to think and I think we are back at square 1 with currently 0 leads and I'll explain why.

First lets start of with the Sonar Docks. The property is the wrong price and I can't imagine a from scratch mystery/EE getting away from R* with such a simple and easy to catch/fix typo, plus with it being a not that hard to find place (once you're allowed to buy it) so that gets crossed out my list.

Second we have the Lumber yard which all it's missing is an actual Loading dock and partially gonna criticize the fact that you go uphill instead of downhill. But I sorta willing to forgive that fact since technically gotta go south to get there

And then we have my location where we first of all it doesn't lead you to a dock and secondly I've been thinking that I should reconsider the redundancy that I see and replace redundancy as a confirmation (thanks X) as in it needs that redundant/highly specific instruction to make sure that the arrow leads to Dirt road rather then a road that then turns into a dirt one like I originally thought.

But It is now 2:37 AM and I'm too tired/lazy to go downstairs right now to do a test run to see what other arrows I see. Looking at the map there might be only one other possible route to take

Would like to hear your opinion on this X as well as yours JP if your still reading. Wouldn't mind if any lurkers also chime in

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yes, it does seem like we are back to square one. The redundancy of the directions is a good point.  

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 14 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

1. Lago Zancudo

2. Great Ocean highway North through north Chumash.

3. 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon < when guard rail ends. (Meaning go 0.5 past where the guard rail ends?)

4. follow the dirt road down to the docks.

Just trying to read it a little different. Not that this way would have us reach a different "docks" in any regards but, just trying to go outside the box a bit.

some of the directions and the arrow start with Capital letters while other lines are lower case, so i thought they might be the same sentences and directions, not separate? the arrow could be a start fo a sentence or in the middle i suppose.

EDIT: "Raton Canyon <". Could this mean 0.5 miles past where the left turn to Raton Canyon is? Not actually past Raton Canyon but, the actual left turn to get there? I can't play right now but, is there a guard rail that also ends right there before the bridge over Raton?

If it means 0.5 past this left turn then the "down to docks" could mean the opposite dirt road of the Sonar docks, the Chiliad Trail dirt road, possibly?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Stupid Q but, has anyone tried running the directions in the actual "Space docker"?

god level2
  • god level2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Stupid Q but, has anyone tried running the directions in the actual "Space docker"?

yeah, when i first tried solving this months ago

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

K, another thing to cross off the list, thanks.  Just to bring some perspective to this, we are getting closer and closer. the more things we can definitely say "No" to, the closer we get to the answer.  Eventually we will be left with only what works. Keep up the brainstorming, guys.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 14 June 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Well, i found a dock just by the "Pier" in paleto bay but, unfortunately i didn't have 500,000 cash. D'oh!  bought a bunch of stock and then saved it, lol.

Here's the kicker though. what would cost 500k and be at a dock?

Michael's boat, that's what.  It's a ransom note for M's boat, possibly?

EDIT: It makes so much sense now but, this doesn't fit in with T being Mr. X, right?

strakan7
  • strakan7

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

what do you call the place where the cable car 'docks'?

Also just to bring up a point that seems long forgotten - 'Cash' relates to online, surely, as all SP money is banked...?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 14 June 2014 - 07:00 PM.

another thought about the Boat...

Mr. X

XXXXX(5)

JIMMY(5)

Jimmy is the Video Game character, so what if he wrote the map and the instructions to the people he was selling the boat to?  They did come from the North, heading south on Great Ocean Highway after stealing it

EDIT: Making the call, SP DLC will be about getting M's boat back. It's a story that i was sure we were going to get to finish but, never did in the end.  does anybody else feel it's weird that they just get away with his boat and we never get a resolve?

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

some of the directions and the arrow start with Capital letters while other lines are lower case, so i thought they might be the same sentences and directions, not separate? the arrow could be a start fo a sentence or in the middle i suppose.

Interesting idea. but set up wrong since "follow the dirt road" has no upper case

what do you call the place where the cable car 'docks'?

Also just to bring up a point that seems long forgotten - 'Cash' relates to online, surely, as all SP money is banked...?

SP is more so set up as you have as much on hand as you need.

Plus doing it online would be the exception to the rule. What I mean is everything hidden on the blueprint map is for SP use

another thought about the Boat...

Mr. X

XXXXX(5)

JIMMY(5)

Jimmy is the Video Game character, so what if he wrote the map and the instructions to the people he was selling the boat to?  They did come from the North, heading south on Great Ocean Highway after stealing it

EDIT: Making the call, SP DLC will be about getting M's boat back. It's a story that i was sure we were going to get to finish but, never did in the end.  does anybody else feel it's weird that they just get away with his boat and we never get a resolve?

Interesting idea, that IMO is auto debunked. Unless you can find a way for a lazy guy that all he wants to do is play CoD all dat while acting like a d*ck to find one of Trevors maps BEFORE he actually goes into the city looking for Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users