Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA:O Owning a second property (20 Vehicles)

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Your thoughts if Rockstar would allow us to own 20 vehicles on a single character. (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA Online will give players the ability of buying a second property?

1. Yes. It will come for free. (31 votes [17.42%])

Percentage of vote: 17.42%

2. Yes. But we'll have to pay for it. (30 votes [16.85%])

Percentage of vote: 16.85%

3. Yes. But it's going to take months, maybe years. (53 votes [29.78%])

Percentage of vote: 29.78%

4. No. It won't happen. Because Rockstar thinks 10 cars is enough. (42 votes [23.60%])

Percentage of vote: 23.60%

5. No. It won't happen. Because the game engine can't handle the storage. (22 votes [12.36%])

Percentage of vote: 12.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

will never happen.

if u have limited garage space from time to time you are forced to pay for new cars.

more garage space = less money spent = R* unhappy

• gnad.1992 likes this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

will never happen.

if u have limited garage space from time to time you are forced to pay for new cars.

Since the gifted money I have all the cars I need. The only way of making me buy more cars would be giving me more garage space. It's the same for most players
  • Zorvaine likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

i agree i want to be able to own one of the garage only properties aside from having my apt...

this was also a silly problem i thought in SP.... so trevor played the Bawsaq and earned 300m but i cant buy him a house he still lives in that sh*tty trailer? lol

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

I voted That I think we will get them but in months/years.

As a side note though... I filled my 1st 10 car garage and left no room for my "spawn maker" Balla that I use to spawn my hourly 9k. So I simply made a second char, and brought it a 10 car garage. At first I was just gonna have a Balla and a Felon for spawns... But then started to enjoy playing a new char in a different way! Still, I feel like I have 20 car slots :D (Even more so once the second char is a simular lvl to my first [70] )

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

will never happen.

I didn't think of that. Good point.

In the end, it's all about the $$$

Who cares about what the players will think?

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I honestly don't know why but i just can't see it happening, would love to be wrong.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

When is it going to sink into people's heads that owning mansions is impossible? Apartment structures were created because more than 1 person can own an apartment in the building, 2 people cannot own the same mansion. Time to join reality fellas, MANSIONS ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! A second garage is possible, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Zorvaine likes this

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Why did they exclude the starting mission with the snow (North Yankton?) from the online game?  Just wondering.  I would love to be able to have a house in the game instead of an appartment.  There are so many cool places in the game.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Why did they exclude the starting mission with the snow (North Yankton?) from the online game?  Just wondering.  I would love to be able to have a house in the game instead of an appartment.  There are so many cool places in the game.

North Yankton was barely done. It's all smoke and mirrors.  The feeling to make it look big was because of the fields.

North Yankton was a more quantity > quality type of place, the buildings and structures were nice but there isn't that many of them. Half were just walls lighting and the trees in the field, a lot of them were just lighted images, not actual solid objects. Hell, there was a big tree lying in the middle of the train track...

I'm sure they'll eventually release North Yankton but it was to be bigger.... MUCH bigger... I'm not saying a city but like maybe Red Dead Redemption. It would be good if they disabled flying there because obviously they won't make the map that big and why RDR felt so big was because you couldn't fly otherwise the whole map would feel a lot smaller.

I'm hoping they make it that way, I don't believe once they release it's going to be really big, I'm thinking half of San Andreas maybe and disabling flying would benefit it. Make it a special map...

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

As a side note though... I filled my 1st 10 car garage and left no room for my "spawn maker" Balla that I use to spawn my hourly 9k. So I simply made a second char, and brought it a 10 car garage. At first I was just gonna have a Balla and a Felon for spawns... But then started to enjoy playing a new char in a different way! Still, I feel like I have 20 car slots :D (Even more so once the second char is a simular lvl to my first [70] )

I started a second character for similar reasons; but I realised I was enjoying the relatively quick levelling up lower down (my first character is on lvl68 and each level unlocks very little now, plus takes a while unless you're intentionally grinding for RP).  So my second character is at lvl39 and has unlocked most of the race win modifications.  What I've found is that stage 3 EMS upgrade and no turbo makes cars much nicer to drive than stage 4/turbo.  Anyway, I effectively have space for 20 cars, though there are two duplicates across the garages to cater for race invites no matter which I'm playing with, one Adder and a Sandking per character.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

I would love to have a second property in the game, or even multiple properties. Imagine having your own lock-up up Paleto Bay or down by the docks while still having an apartment in Vinewood or a mansion in Rockford Hills. You'd be on Madrazzo's level. I would willingly pay extra for that kinda expansion.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I wish, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:54 PM Edited by K3vLegend, 05 February 2014 - 03:55 PM.

That mansion with the 20 car garage + heli pad idea sounds phenomenal.

But seriously I think we should be allowed to expand in some sort of way, if it's just another 10 car garage you can own, I'm fine with it.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

will never happen.

I didn't think of that. Good point.

In the end, it's all about the $$$

Who cares about what the players will think?

You didn't think of some things:

- Most players have all the vehicles they want.
- The 10 new vehicles have a price as well
- The mansion will cost at least 2 million
- Addons for using the helipad may cost some money as well

It will come when the exploits and glitches are fixed, if it will ever come.
We can't except it earlier

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

We've GOT to get larger / multiple garages at some point. There are at minimum 10 race classes or even 12 if vans & utility become a thing. This leaves 0 spaces for any "fun" cars. I'd like to have several cars in my garage that I just can't right now since I enjoy racing the most.

Sadly it's probably a low priority even though it could be implemented with minimal work.

• Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Precisely and not only that, me personally and I'm sure a lot of others want to have multiple racing cars. Next to my Coquette I'd add a Banshee and a 9F. Each with their own distinct looks. 

When a race comes, I get to choose with which car I'm feeling right now. 

Given the money thing, it's a definite spender. Also, imagine doubling the daily utility bills and mechanic bill (Even though it's barely anything, still) Acquiring 10 new cars and modifying them. Buying the new garage. Later you'll have 20 vehicles, some of which you'll still frequently replace.

The thing about this feature is that it's easly programmable. All they have to do is flick the swtich allowing one to own 2 properties and that's it.

One thing I'd like to add:

Remember when the phone call leaks got on youtube? There's one where Martin Madrazo starts talking about owning business properties and taking care of them. Consider that  as well, they were working on multiple property ownings and so if we're going to have our own business properties, I don't see why they wouldn't throw in an extra garage.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Especially considering how we'll be getting Liberty City in a future big DLC which could potentially involve getting about 20 new cars added to the game, half new and half from GTA IV. Not only that, we'll be getting more and more cars through DLC's like the Beach Bum pack.

Now, they could make it so you'll be able to have a place in Los Santos and one in Liberty City, being able to use all 20 cars in races and in free roam. But that's a looooooong way to go. Fully updating Liberty City, adding new npc's missions, the new programming...

Did I miss something? I never heard anything about a Liberty City DLC. They may do it, but without any proof/statements from R* your just blowin' smoke :/

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

when the hists finally come out in 2023, they will start adding more things like this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Especially considering how we'll be getting Liberty City in a future big DLC which could potentially involve getting about 20 new cars added to the game, half new and half from GTA IV. Not only that, we'll be getting more and more cars through DLC's like the Beach Bum pack.

Now, they could make it so you'll be able to have a place in Los Santos and one in Liberty City, being able to use all 20 cars in races and in free roam. But that's a looooooong way to go. Fully updating Liberty City, adding new npc's missions, the new programming...

Did I miss something? I never heard anything about a Liberty City DLC. They may do it, but without any proof/statements from R* your just blowin' smoke :/

The only thing is that Lester talked about Nico Bellic.

North Yankton will no doubt be part of future DLC and probably Nico Bellic.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

During some CVG interviews, Leslie Benzies stated that they're digging into very old content, to expand GTA Online in regards of adding new places. What was also hinted was the fact of them stating that Liberty City is already in a tremendous lead in terms of updating and the fact that it's already in the HD universe. 

I'm 99% sure Liberty City will be added to GTA Online.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by jameznash, 05 February 2014 - 08:14 PM.

I would like more garage space. both my characters have 10 cars each but I still have a few more I would like. I change them from time to time but that costs loads of money. Spent 1.4 million in one night moving cars around and swapping a few.

I think the best way to do it would be to let you have one apartment with a garage and one stand alone garage. I would put all my off road vehicles in the stand alone garage and my more expensive cars would be in my apartments garage.

This would cause R* the least problems to sort out.

Will be interesting  to see if R* are going to let us have a 3rd character or if the extra slots will be used for a police character. If so will you be able to store police vehicles in a police station garage.

I would also like the feature to move your cars around in your garage so you can put them in a specific slot. Also a few garage modifications. would be nice, Some posters, trophy cabinet etc...

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

They should add islands with huge mansions, 100 car garages, heliport, private security firm and an outdoor bball court...I would pay $20 for this and probably more.

They should just add the whole world.  Then the soldier boys can go to afghanistan.

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

Yes. It will come for free. - WTF?

No. It won't happen. Because the game engine can't handle the storage. - Hahaha lol that made my day, the vehicles are stored in the Cloud's ROM lol.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

When is it going to sink into people's heads that owning mansions is impossible? Apartment structures were created because more than 1 person can own an apartment in the building, 2 people cannot own the same mansion. Time to join reality fellas, MANSIONS ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! A second garage is possible, but don't get your hopes up.

So you sometimes find another person in your doorway or driving in your driveway, big deal... I'll live with that if it means a mansion and larger garage.

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

🔰🍁

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Lmao, Years?! Could possibly take months... Even if it cost $$$ I would deffinatly buy that DLC! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users