Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA:O Owning a second property (20 Vehicles)

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Your thoughts if Rockstar would allow us to own 20 vehicles on a single character. (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA Online will give players the ability of buying a second property?

1. Yes. It will come for free. (31 votes [17.42%])

Percentage of vote: 17.42%

2. Yes. But we'll have to pay for it. (30 votes [16.85%])

Percentage of vote: 16.85%

3. Yes. But it's going to take months, maybe years. (53 votes [29.78%])

Percentage of vote: 29.78%

4. No. It won't happen. Because Rockstar thinks 10 cars is enough. (42 votes [23.60%])

Percentage of vote: 23.60%

5. No. It won't happen. Because the game engine can't handle the storage. (22 votes [12.36%])

Percentage of vote: 12.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Ok. I think this is the thing most players want to happen.

It's been a while since GTA:O came out and as time goes by I worry that we might not get a second property. I'd LOVE to own 20 vehicles on my main character, I'm sure many others would. 

Do you guys think this will happen, how it will happen and predictions on when it will happen?

Are there enough player demands or will this just die down?

Every time I go on my second character which has all of my second 10 vehicles stored which I'd love to transfer to my first character gets me thinking about this...

Also, I'd like to add the thoughts of the video on youtube which had leaks of conversation phone calls specifically with Martin Madrazo since he talked about taking care of properties you bought. I know those are business properties but still. Second garage is the whole focus of this.

And if you'd like me to add more choices to the poll, feel free to tell me here.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Until they add Mansions, I doubt we'll see the ability to have 20 Pv's

• theGTAking101 likes this

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Prankster

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

I want mansions with heli space and 20 car garages... Not 2 apartments....

Anyhow the money fly away from me and R* left me with 550k, not too many chance to buy now :):) :)
  • utb1528 likes this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

voted secret option 6: Maybe, but i don't particularly care because nothing i can do to affect the implementation of it and it's an idea that everyone has had to themselves at some point and that has been talked to f*cking death about.

• am30 likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

I imagine they will implement this now that the money has been wiped, a lot of people already have a safehouse and all the cars they want so there's got to be some incentive to grind/buy cash cards again.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Mansions would take more time. Designing interiors of houses and programming it's functions is time consuming. Also count the fact that there has to be multiple ones. The option of owning 2 properties is just a quick fix to be honest.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

No way in hell are we getting 20 car garages. This is the same company that took away over a dozen legit vehicles; Rat Rods, Seminoles, police vehicles, clean Karins, Mariachi Tornado, etc.

• jessyaudrina likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

And they're the same company who are giving back the Rat Rod, gave us new free vehicles with the Beach Bum DLC, did occasional discounts on buying vehicles etc. 

Police vehicles shouldn't be ownable in the first place. I do agree about the Canis Seminole, Karin Rebel and the Vans. Seems ridiculous of not owning them since it limits options with no benefit. Every game company has it's positives and negatives, you have to focus on both. Yes it's stupid they removed those but they might come back like the Rat Loader. 

They have done some bad things but overall they've done plenty of good things so it's best to be optimistic. 

• We Are Ninja, Viper9502 and ZeroSafe5615 like this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Given the fact that Rockstar are going to keep adding vehicles in future DLC's they have to consider this.

When I played Need For Speed, I know I had at least about 25 cars and I used ALL of them. 

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

By "property" do you mean apartments AND garages?

I think they might eventually allow us to buy an extra garage, but not an extra apartment. It'll probably be a while though.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

They should add islands with huge mansions, 100 car garages, heliport, private security firm and an outdoor bball court...I would pay $20 for this and probably more.

• billypilgrim69 likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

By "property" do you mean apartments AND garages?

I think they might eventually allow us to buy an extra garage, but not an extra apartment. It'll probably be a while though.

Ah, no no. Having two apartments would be kinda pointless since people already rarely ''hang out'' in them. I mean, owning an apartment with a garage and another property which is only a garage. Which I originally thought was the ''American Dream'' achievement. 

They should add islands with huge mansions, 100 car garages, heliport, private security firm and an outdoor bball court...I would pay $20 for this and probably more.

Slow down.... You're asking waaaaay too much here.

Private islands? Doubtful. They could easily add interiors to the mansions already in-game in Vinewood. 100 cars is also too much, think of the memory programming. I think 30 would be enough, maybe 25. Heliport would make sense. Having 1 helicopter max. 

Now about security. Seeing the phone call leaks of calling gang members for backup, it's kinda like having mercenaries by your side except these would be stationary but you have to consider the fact that why would enemy players attack your house.

They could add a special invasion mode where on random times in free mode like the crate drop notifications, everyone would get   ''Player X's alarm system has malfunctioned for the next 24 hours'' (24 minutes) so then, if an enemy player invaded that persons place he could take a portion of his money or even have the chance to steal one of his cars. Other player would have to defend. Now, given this would be pretty powerful and of course people would complain, it could be a rare occurrence like the special crate drop. So imagine you'd have to have high security and race to your house before any other player and defend it for 24 minutes. The defending player could just leave session so he has to have a reason to stay. I say, getting paid for defending if he lasts the full amount. 

Basketball hasn't been added but Tennis would work.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

I think owning an apartment and a garage is not an unrealistic idea...I mean if I ws a super criminal with an auto fixation I would defintely have a 2nd garage, probrably up around sandy shores or paleto where I could stash extra wheels.

even give us an extra 2 car garage in the ghetto R*...and fix the g'damn Slot 1 bug, it is unacceptable at this point.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

One thing I'm worried about is this whole idea dying down like, Rockstar are getting a lot of demands/requests for this but they're busy with fixing other things online and moving to a new location plus working on heists and other DLC stuff so will it this happen or will it just die out in a few months time...

I certainly hope not, I've got my secondary characters garage packed and ready for a transfer!

(They could also add a transfer feature like sending personal vehicles between characters so that when/if secondary properties come you can send your rides over)

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

No. It won't happen. Because Cockstar thinks 10 cars is enough and they are f*cking wrong.

• theadmiral and JayDM420 like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

Positive thinking yields positive results.

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

20 cars would be nice. Would make 98% of the GTA community very happy.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:59 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 04 February 2014 - 05:00 PM.

Positive thinking yields positive results.

That's what I think everyday.

But not when Cockstar is involved...

I miss the 2001~2009 rockstar games.

They're f*cking things up now in Online

• JayDM420 likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

If they do add mansions they should have smaller garages. Make people decide between an apartment with a huge garage or a huge house with a medium sized garage. 5 to 6 cars.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

@gnad...how many billion dollar video game franchises do you own? Dont make me come down to your work and knock the bleep out of your bleep.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

For a week or so.

Then people will be saying 20 isn't enough, and that they need another 20 spaces.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

That is why I said 100...should satisfy EVERYONE.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

@gnad...how many billion dollar video game franchises do you own? Dont make me come down to your work and knock the bleep out of your bleep.

I will not continue this conversation. I don't want to be banned again.

• theadmiral likes this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

The engine can handle a whole city and vehicles. It is more about the server storage. And that won't be a problem because R* will allow us to get up to 5 characters in 2016.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

They need to hurry up and release one thing a week.

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I think we should be allowed to have our own warehouse like lester or our own lockup like madrazo that way we could store anything.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

They need to hurry up and release one thing a week.

Now that is something I can agree with you

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

For a week or so.

Then people will be saying 20 isn't enough, and that they need another 20 spaces.

There are 10 race classes (that realistically get used...) so there's a logical reason to want more than 10 cars.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Cool...even a weapon skin or new mask...everyone loves customization.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 04 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Well yeah of course people will want even more but looking at this realistically, 20 is really the minimal amount. Given how many car classes there are, people feel limited. There are some mandatory car classes which is best to own but it leaves out the ones you want for style and personal satisfaction. 

Say someone from an Off-Road Crew who wants to have multiple off-road variations. Or people who can't decide how to customize a specific car and the best solution would be to own 2 exact same cars but with different customizations and visuals.

Especially considering how we'll be getting Liberty City in a future big DLC which could potentially involve getting about 20 new cars added to the game, half new and half from GTA IV. Not only that, we'll be getting more and more cars through DLC's like the Beach Bum pack.

Now, they could make it so you'll be able to have a place in Los Santos and one in Liberty City, being able to use all 20 cars in races and in free roam. But that's a looooooong way to go. Fully updating Liberty City, adding new npc's missions, the new programming...

We could easily get this now. 20 cars is an acceptable minimum amount. 

Maybe, just maybe they'll do that and make it optional to own an additional amount in Liberty City once it comes so the numbers rise to either 30 or 40. Once you think about it, it is logical for it being added once the big DLC does come so it's 20 but like I said before... Too damn long. I'm torn as it is, finding a nice car, thinking about how amazing it could look until I'll have to decide what to replace it with.

The sooner the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users