Photo

The Solution to the tank issue

67 replies to this topic
EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:25 AM Edited by EZza2647, 16 January 2014 - 08:11 AM.

I know, another tank thread! YAAY!

I think I have solved the tank issue, rather than reducing the armor, why not give it a big weak spot. I'm talking about that hatch on the roof of the tank where the machine gun sits, have it permanently open.

So an easy way to take out the  tank would to be throw a sticky, grenade or Molotov through the hatch, immediately killing the twanker, and destroying the tank. And have it so that a sniper can have a clear shot at the driver, immediately ending them.

Just a suggestion that will never be implemented I guess

EDIT: Another positive would be the epic explosion of a tank splitting into hundreds of pieces being launched in all directions. Online needs more epic-ness

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Tanks aren't very difficult to defeat/run away from. I'm guessing that if they did this to them then there would still be thousands of people complaining about how OP they were.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

they just need to make it so that explosive weapons do more damage to them, such as sticky bombs, grenade launcher nades, and rockets

• Qutan and StewNorth like this

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

I have the solution... Remove the tanks from the game

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Give them a cooldown on Pegasus. 

• I.haigh, LancerG2 and Flameboy2278 like this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

How is that a solution? Remove the tanks this week then next it would be remove the stickys, then next week remove the RPG, then next week the minigun, then next week the Buzzard.

If you can't defend against the tank then I'm guessing you're completely hapless against at least a dozen other weapons in the game.

• iainspad likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

I think the tank should unlock at 100 and the RPG should unlock at 70. 

Also what lagful said.

Give them a cooldown on Pegasus. 

• saintsrow and LahTigre like this

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

How is that a solution? Remove the tanks this week then next it would be remove the stickys, then next week remove the RPG, then next week the minigun, then next week the Buzzard.

If you can't defend against the tank then I'm guessing you're completely hapless against at least a dozen other weapons in the game.

Its true I never shoot back (to nice)

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

The first thing that should be done is to disallow anyone under the required rank of 70 even enter a tank, let alone have an exploit to purchase one themselves. On top of that, limit tank calls to one every in game day (48 minutes). The clock for getting the next tank starts when the first tank is destroyed. I have to wait 5 real-life minutes just to call my mechanic... Why should getting another tank (or, any Pegasus vehicle, for that matter) be immediate, when many things (selling cars, calls to Lester, Merryweather, etc) are unable to be done without a "cooling off" period?

Personally, I'd like to see a sniper shot be able to kill a tank driver by shooting through one of the three little holes just below the hatch where the driver enters. That way, it'd take a good, accurate shot to get them, but you wouldn't have to rely on them being over a block away, or whatever it is for the rendering "glitch" to take effect.

In addition, I'd like to see different "weak spots" on the tank, related to what weapon is used. For example, a sticky bomb on a tank's tread should take the tread out, limiting mobility, where gunfire would do little to nothing to the tread.

But, at lest for me, the big ones would be preventing people under rank 70 from getting them and to have a "cooling off" period. I'd also like to see the price go up from $200, as I find it silly that I have to pay Merryweather 5 times the amount just for a helicopter pickup, but since R* lowered the price, I don't see them raising it back up, unfortunately.

-Bill

R* Sam Houser
  • R* Sam Houser

President of R* Games

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Tanks are working as intended. 

• EyeMacHunt, Cincy32 and iainspad like this

JustAPolarBear
  • JustAPolarBear

I Really Dont Know

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

You can shoot through the vent of the back of the tank with a pistol and kill the driver...

• Timely likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

If tanks really bother you guys so much than just join a private session. Invite all your friends and you call be little babies together :p

• EyeMacHunt and Cincy32 like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Tanks are working as intended.

Not when players ranked in the 20's are rolling around in them... Especially since you're not supposed to be allowed to buy them until you reach Rank 70...

-Bill

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

There's a huge ass problem with tanks now. People use that tempo godmode glitch where they try to enter SP with character changing and then quit, character change then quit and on and on. I used up all my grenade launcher ammo (all 20 of 'em) and the tank just did not get destroyed. I don't know if that was the result of one of those DNS hacks or whatever but that glitch is my theory as of now. Has anyone else come across this? 

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

There's a huge ass problem with tanks now. People use that tempo godmode glitch where they try to enter SP with character changing and then quit, character change then quit and on and on. I used up all my grenade launcher ammo (all 20 of 'em) and the tank just did not get destroyed. I don't know if that was the result of one of those DNS hacks or whatever but that glitch is my theory as of now. Has anyone else come across this? 

Haven't heard of that glitch, though it could be a real glitch. My first instinct would be to think that they're using ISO mods.

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

If tanks really bother you guys so much than just join a private session. Invite all your friends and you call be little babies together :p

What if I have no friends? :(

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

I'll be your friend! Just invite me to your private session, I promise not to call in my tank. 

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

I'll be your friend! Just invite me to your private session, I promise not to call in my tank. 

Last time I did that... he hurt my feelings with his tank...

Cjs3315
  • Cjs3315

Kill 'em With Kindness

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

The tanks aren't really the issue though. It's the folks that operate them to intentionally grief others that's the issue. But hey, they bought the game so they can do whatever they please. (Not including hacking or scripting obviously.) XD

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by saintsrow, 16 January 2014 - 07:55 AM.

Just make RPGs unlock at level 1.  Then people can gang up on tanks, everybody can have fun, and as a side benefit, GTA0 will finally reach its only true potential, as a mindless PvP shiithole. 

EDIT: 

The tanks aren't really the issue though. It's the folks that operate them to intentionally grief others that's the issue. But hey, they bought the game so they can do whatever they please. (Not including hacking or scripting obviously.) XD

This is also a good solution - don't nerf the tanks, nerf the sh*theads.  It's more efficient and effective. 

• Cincy32 and CorruptedVision like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Will you ever trust again? :p

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Its true I never shoot back (to nice)

it's good to see that there still good people, i wish there would be more people like you, there's always some bastards that i must kill till they get the message, peace
  • KatieTheCookie likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

.... , there's always some bastards that i must kill till they get the message, peace

The killings will continue until you all realize that we are a peaceful society.  :colgate:

KeithMcClees
  • KeithMcClees

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Relax dude, act like you at least seen a gash in person
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Relax dude, act like you at least seen a gash in person

Lol, I was obviously being sarcastic, hence the "i promise not to call in my tank" f*cking idiot.

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:11 AM Edited by AgentAle47, 16 January 2014 - 08:10 AM.

if you're really looking someone, here i am, i will do whatever it takes to protect you just like i do with my budds, i don't care what everyone else say, but i always like to help

.... , there's always some bastards that i must kill till they get the message, peace

The killings will continue until you all realize that we are a peaceful society.  :colgate:

tell me about it
  • KatieTheCookie likes this

Recinema
  • Recinema

Bounty Hunter

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

So many people over think a solution to the tanks. It is simple - Only way to get a tank should be from the Military Base using a Cargobob. Just like the jet (minus the cargobob). No need to worry about cooldowns, price of pegasus, etc. It just won't be available to buy. Why is this so hard?

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

So many people over think a solution to the tanks. It is simple - Only way to get a tank should be from the Military Base using a Cargobob. Just like the jet (minus the cargobob). No need to worry about cooldowns, price of pegasus, etc. It just won't be available to buy. Why is this so hard?

I actually like that idea but I feel like they would have to add a section of the fence that you can break through, or at least have a guaranteed cargobob spawn point inside. I just wouldn't want to take the time to get in there and steal a tank only to find out there aren't any cargo bobs around.

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Tbh its not just the tanks everyone is mean in GTA:O

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

This doesn't solve anything. Then you'll have the twankers in here tearing up about how their prep H doesnt subside the butthurt from their useless tank. Endless cycle of de boo-boo-bee-boo.
44556948.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users