Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can you/do you game while under the influence of something?

28 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

I've met a ton of people who play their games while piss drunk or high as a kite. For some of them, not being sober is a requirement. But I have met people who can barely tell where they are let alone what button they're supposed to press when they're under the influence of something.

So:

1. Do you play games under the influence of something? If not, would you consider it? If yes, can you play games and enjoy them while sober?
  2. Can you play games legitimately while under the influence of something? By that, I mean, can you actually play the game with the same skill level as when sober or at least not suck at it?
  3. What kind of games or in what setting do you or would you play while under the influence of something?

Personally:

I don't drink too much, like 5 times a year and drugs/smoking are a no-no for me, but I act basically the same when drunk as I do when sleep-deprived. I haven't played games while drunk afaik, but whenever I didn't have enough sleep, I completely lose focus in games and have no clue wtf I'm doing. I usually turn it off. I don't see how people do it, I guess they're different "drunks" than I am. I wouldn't consider doing it unless I'm with friends.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

The better question is: Can you play games when you are not under the influence of something?

• esmittystud101 likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Let's make a forumgame out of this.

• theadmiral likes this

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

I was really stoned when I did that mission in V where Jimmy spikes Michael's drink and he starts flying through the city.

...that was part of the game, right?
  • DeafMetal, Andreas, Ciaran and 1 other like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

The last guy who played San Andreas on drugs...

• DeafMetal and Andreas like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

I've played drunk and high with friends, I play pretty terribly but it's so much fun, call of duty and objective based game modes with all your mates in the living room with a few tv's set up is awesome.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Let's make a forumgame out of this.

Drink a shot for each response saying yes.

• Shah Sam likes this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Kling Gl÷ckchen klingelingeling

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

1. No and no.
2. I don't think so.
3. None.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

The last time I did that I was playing Driver on PSP, I'd just crash into everything and laugh.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Playing Skyrim drunk >>>>>>

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:11 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 16 January 2014 - 02:27 AM.

I'm sure playing a game drunk with friends is fun as f*ck. Haven't tried it yet. But I wouldn't do it on a first playthrough of a new game. I want to remember the initial experience haha.

• DeafMetal likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

yes.

I routinely game while high.

not only does it make some games more enjoyable, but I'm actually better at certain games when I'm lit and feeling in the zone.

I wouldn't get drunk and game. I'm sure alcohol would just make everything worse, though pot works wonders.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

yes.

not only does it make some games more enjoyable, but I'm actually better at certain games when I'm lit and feeling in the zone.
I wouldn't get drunk and game. I'm sure alcohol would just make everything worse, though pot works wonders.

I played CoD high once, I swear to god, I was actually playing better.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

yes.

I played CoD high once, I swear to god, I was actually playing better.

I knew a guy in high school who swore that getting high made him do better in his ACT than he would have.

He still did pretty sh*tty though lol

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I personally don't notice any difference when playing a game drunk or not, but that could just be my drunk perception.

I've never recorded myself playing drunk, so who knows?

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

I play in methane cloud. It does not make me a better gamer, but it makes my friends worse.
  • Harley and Finn 7 five 11 like this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:12 AM Edited by Waldie, 16 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

I have played games while drunk before but it's not something I do often. Mostly because I only go out to get drunk and then when I get home I go straight to bed.

Last time was a few years ago. I came back from the pub fairly drunk and sat for an hour playing COD 4 on veteran mode. I found I was a fair bit worse at the game than usual, but I did better than I was expecting.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

The only time I remember playing a game piss drunk was the day EFLC released and after coming home from a friend's 21st I was in the mood to play TBOGT while completely smashed. I think I done better compared to when I'm sober lol.
  • DeafMetal likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

The better question is: Can you play games when you are not under the influence of something?

I could play while not under the Influence, I choose not to though. I found that it makes my games way more interesting. I've been doing it since PS2 came out. Grand Turismo 3 was so cool that first time.

Put it this way, I have been playing BF4 since release on next gen. Everynight just gets better. Explosion here, bullet flies by my head, What was that? What, I just jumped out of a jet and on my way to the ground I shoot someone thats like 100 feet below me that didn't even see me coming. Thats cool as hell........under the influence. Not sober, and No, I never play on alcohol. Never cared for it much.

So to all that doesn't......don't knock it till you try it. :blink:

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

I completely agree with this. Hotline Miami is my game of choice after smoking. Just the other week I was having trouble completing a certain chapter, and sure enough after getting high I showed those bitches what's what.  It felt good.

On some occasions, too, being high can make a game feel like you're playing it again for the first time. This helps me getting exciting about playing online matches in FIFA. 

• El Diablo likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

I've never tried it. Knowing me, if I tried playing a game while high, I'd likely forget that I was even playing, or else I'd think the gameplay was a cutscene.

Then again, it would depend on how much I smoked.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I completely agree with this. Hotline Miami is my game of choice after smoking. Just the other week I was having trouble completing a certain chapter, and sure enough after getting high I showed those bitches what's what.  It felt good.

On some occasions, too, being high can make a game feel like you're playing it again for the first time. This helps me getting exciting about playing online matches in FIFA. 

lets just be honest.

being high makes everything better :^: 

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 17 January 2014 - 02:34 AM.

My mind drifts away to another world when I'm high so I don't do to well at video games while high lol its hard to even text. I always press two buttons away from what I wanted to press.

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

I once went 15 and 4 on black ops 1 while extremely drunk. It was of course accompanied by sh*t talking :)

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I had sex while I played BlackOps 2 one time, it was hilarious. It was Demolition, and I actually got positive stats!

I play COD all the time when I'm drunk, usually when I get home from a night out. Now and then I drink beer and play Forza with my friends, we use to get pretty drunk after a while, haha. 
My boyfriend played Skyrim while he was drunk a couple of months ago, when he woke up the next morning he had 200 cabbage in his inventory, and he didnt remember anything
  • Finn 7 five 11 and Bassboom like this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by Danz., 17 January 2014 - 11:53 AM.

I once played BF3 right after new year's eve (drunk as f*ck) with my feet just to see what would happen. It took a while but I was able to do a positive score on a TDM.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by Osho, 17 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

I had sex while I played BlackOps 2 one time

uhh... lolz

So:
Do you play games under the influence of something? If not, would you consider it? If yes, can you play games and enjoy them while sober? 

- NO

Can you play games legitimately while under the influence of something? By that, I mean, can you actually play the game with the same skill level as when sober or at least not suck at it?

- uhh..what? i guess, no.

What kind of games or in what setting do you or would you play while under the influence of something?

- under the influence of something? umm.... gta. also, shooters ex: max payne. It will be a test between gaming under the influence and max's ability making it a challenging experience.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

You know if I do meth again, I am going to play video games, for at least part of it.
You've inspired me.

• DeafMetal and EyeMacHunt like this

Bassboom
  • Bassboom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

playing stoned for me is not only killer fun but a problem as i have to go to the fridge every 5 - 10 minutes so i never really get anywhere plus people tend to kick you from there games ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users