Interesting Mod / Project

Hey RentedH1tm4nBen you need help now?

so I can see what I can help.

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by RentedH1tm4nBen, 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM.

New Mirror: MediaFire

• Matias_Montanna likes this

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I guess due to a relocated save icon in Madd Dogg's mansion.

You have to start a new game because I have added two new ENEXes.

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by 65536, 25 January 2014 - 10:42 AM.

@RentedH1tm4nBen, you can fix a few bugs I've found, please?

1. For some reason, on two places in game there is a part of the map where if I'm staying / walking inside with CJ in free roam, my San Andreas crashes after while (usually after 2-3 minutes real time staying or walking on these buggy places)!  :panic:

1. First place is on "The Strip" blvd. in Las Venturas, If I use the closest player's camera position... 
o1c2.jpg 
...and I walk on The Strip on its west side where are the columns infront "The High Roller" entrance (most to columns themselves and the sidewalk infront them) and I kill peds, after I'm playing while for several minutes real time (several in-game hours) walking inside that region (marked in red in my screenshot) in free roam... the game will CRASH!
semk.jpg

Outside that buggy region, with that same camera position I can't reproduce any crashes, it happens only on that place in front of High Roller columns! 

Second buggy part of map is on the two-floor mall located on Market, Los Santos. In the mall on its south side there is a bridge on second floor what have a four escalators that connect bottom and top floors of the mall, as two of them leads to north to main entrance of the building, and the other two leads to south end of the mall. If I go on to the area of the bridge between the escalators (marked as "BAD ZONE") and I stay or walking this makes a huge possibly the entire game (most do near north escalators) to CRASH!
r6vr.jpg

Seems there are any errors with the objects on these places making my SA to crash... And on these buggy places there aren't any mods installed...  :barf:

2. Two of the interiors in Los Santos have an unsolid part on the ceiling:

The first interior is the GYM in Ganton... If I activate the High Jump cheat and jump while CJ is close to the south wall of the interior (where is also the exit), I will jump right through the ceiling outside the interior! And sadly, if CJ fall out of GYM interior, he won't respawn back inside interior, which means someone who get this will be stuck, unless starting a new game (if player doing just a free roam) or reload a savegame...

Second interior is Coloner Fuhrberger's House located in East Beach, Los Santos. Go the staircase to second floor and walk entire corridor. The entire ceiling above between last turn (to right) and its end where is located the door for the only accessible room on that floor is not solid. If CJ stays anywhere on end of the corridor and you activate the "High Jump" cheat and then jump, CJ will pass right through ceiling and he'll jump out of the house interior and falling down in abyss, t.e. in Blue Hell!
3lnq.jpg
omwy.jpg

Please fix these if you can, dude!

• Toğrul likes this

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Best Tool 2014 [Mod Loader]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

You could place those enex after the original enexes (e.g. after all IPL files on gta.dat) and so you didn't have to start a new game.

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

You could place those enex after the original enexes (e.g. after all IPL files on gta.dat) and so you didn't have to start a new game.

That's how they're done, the reason why you have to start a new game after modifying/adding any ENEX is because the return location is stored in your savegame so if you load a savegame that has diferent ENEXes you will get teleported to a random return location.

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by RentedH1tm4nBen, 25 January 2014 - 01:01 AM.

The crashes are probably caused by modifications (most likely by an exe crack or a trainer) try running a totally unmodified version of your game, fresh of your disc if this does not help I will try looking into it...

Thanks for the detailed pictures and the suggestion, I will fix these tomorrow including the Prickle Pine safehouse and the building next to the Vinewood Graveyard.

Edit:

Now that I thought about it, the escalators might have something to do about it as both crashes happen near the escalators... Like I said could be caused by an exe mod as I think the properties of the escalators are hardcoded...

• 65536 likes this

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Anybody knows what's wrong with Hunter? At some angles pilot cabin becomes transparent

5dyr.jpg

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

@Alt. That bug is caused by the way how the .dff is organized regarding the parts that contains the glass material.

It can be fixed, detach the window from the chassis and rename them to windows_glass_ok or something like that.

But for helicopters I don't know, for cars it works.

lolya
  • lolya

I hate stairs

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by lolya, 25 January 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Anybody knows what's wrong with Hunter? At some angles pilot cabin becomes transparent

That is probably hardcoded engine bug. RW graphics engine itself has a lots of bugs that even Rockstar cannot fix. (Especially in SA)

Btw, could you fix those 'lens flare' effects which doesn't appears on ATI graphics card?
  • Rented likes this

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:19 AM Edited by 65536, 25 January 2014 - 12:39 PM.

The crashes are probably caused by modifications (most likely by an exe crack or a trainer) try running a totally unmodified version of your game, fresh of your disc if this does not help I will try looking into it...

Thanks for the detailed pictures and the suggestion, I will fix these tomorrow including the Prickle Pine safehouse and the building next to the Vinewood Graveyard.

Edit:
Now that I thought about it, the escalators might have something to do about it as both crashes happen near the escalators... Like I said could be caused by an exe mod as I think the properties of the escalators are hardcoded...

I have a legal SA 1.0, but I don't use the original SA .exe, I'm using the Hoodlum No-DVD fixed 1.0 exe (filesize 14 383 616 bytes) with about 15 CLEO mods because this exe is most preferred for using with many CLEO script mods. I'm using also Crazy Trainer +350, but seems walking into both buggy places I've said above still crashes my SA even with no CrazyTrainer +350 running and the CLEO scripts disabled - there are no difference! Seems both CrazyTrainer +350 or CLEO scripts I've running with the game are NOT the reason for these crashes... And I've said already - on both places crashing my Hoodlum No-DVD fixed .exe there are only the original objects made by R*, I don't have any building, models, or texture mods installed on my game... So, you can try to walk on said place in Las Venturas if you're using original SA exe requiring to have your DVD into your optical drive...

I hope you can fix these, dude! I for now I don't have a solution to stop these crashes infront on High Roller columns in Las Venturas and the Mall's bridge in Los Santos, beside to I just avoid getting on these places...  :catspider:

Thanks for reply anyway... Other variant is, if your original exe requiring SA DVD also crashes on these places, is to remove these escalators and replace them with normal stairs. But I think, on High Roller place these columns on its entrance are also buggy, so it might be best you to just remove them also...

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by RentedH1tm4nBen, 25 January 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Edit:

I have a legal SA 1.0, but I don't use the original SA .exe, I'm using the Hoodlum No-DVD fixed 1.0 exe (filesize 14 383 616 bytes) with about 15 CLEO mods because this exe is most preferred for using with many CLEO script mods. I'm using also Crazy Trainer +350, but seems walking into both buggy places I've said above still crashes my SA even with no CrazyTrainer +350 running and the CLEO scripts disabled - there are no difference! Seems both CrazyTrainer +350 or CLEO scripts I've running with the game are NOT the reason for these crashes... And I've said already - on both places crashing my Hoodlum No-DVD fixed .exe there are only the original objects made by R*, I don't have any building, models, or texture mods installed on my game... So, you can try to walk on said place in Las Venturas if you're using original SA exe requiring to have your DVD into your optical drive...

I hope you can fix these, dude! I for now I don't have a solution to stop these crashes infront on High Roller columns in Las Venturas and the Mall's bridge in Los Santos, beside to I just avoid getting on these places...  :catspider:

Thanks for reply anyway... Other variant is, if your original exe requiring SA DVD also crashes on these places, is to remove these escalators and replace them with normal stairs. But I think, on High Roller place these columns on its entrance are also buggy, so its might i best you to just remove them also...

Have you got any .asi or .dll mods? I could try modifying a file that shows objects depending on the view port which I don't think is going to solve it but first I would try removing those escalators because I think they're the one causing it.

Edit:

I will send these files right after they're done as no one else had these issues...

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by 65536, 25 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Edit:

Thanks for reply anyway... Other variant is, if your original exe requiring SA DVD also crashes on these places, is to remove these escalators and replace them with normal stairs. But I think, on High Roller place these columns on its entrance are also buggy, so its might i best you to just remove them also...

Have you got any .asi or .dll mods? I could try modifying a file that shows objects depending on the view port which I don't think is going to solve it but first I would try removing those escalators because I think they're the one causing it.

Edit:
I will send these files right after they're done as no one else had these issues...

Thanks! The you can try walking with removed escalators on both buggy places I've reported with both original and Hoodlum SA exes on every camera position on foot and CLEO 4 installed. If there are NO MORE CRASHES after more that 10 minutes walking / staying on the these places, this means probably escalators was the root problem. I have only CLEO 4.1.1.30F, NOTHING ELSE related to ASI mods installed. Thanks you much... and I hope no one to have these dawn map errors and crashes on his SA anymore!  :whuh:  :cool:

Actually, the crash on High Roller's sidewalk on The Strip in Las Venturas occurs only if you're using closest camera position on foot - I didn't got any crashes on the other two positions - on the middle and most distant cameras. On the bridge on mall in Market, Los Santos, the crash occurs on any of FOV camera positions, but it's most crashing is if you're close to the top of the north escalators or if CJ is on between escalators and turn camera down to the bridge... There I got a total of three times of crashing my SA, as the last time I've was on the middle of the bridge using most distant camera and I turned camera down to the floor and the game produced an error almost immediately. So, since then I've stopped going there completely.

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

That is probably hardcoded engine bug. RW graphics engine itself has a lots of bugs that even Rockstar cannot fix. (Especially in SA)

Btw, could you fix those 'lens flare' effects which doesn't appears on ATI graphics card?

No sure. But lensflare is really hardcoded. DK22Pac already released Lensflare mod (v1 is like original) for that http://gtaforums.com...arel-lensflare/

• lolya likes this

lolya
  • lolya

I hate stairs

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by lolya, 26 January 2014 - 12:05 PM.

I'm going to re-implement the original code and create a MaxScript to build a good effect with your own settings, when I will be free.

Sorry for asking on an old post, but what is a MaxScript?

No sure. But lensflare is really hardcoded. DK22Pac already released Lensflare mod (v1 is like original) for that http://gtaforums.com...arel-lensflare/

Does v1 also includes moon phases and water effects?
Anyway, thanks.

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm going to re-implement the original code and create a MaxScript to build a good effect with your own settings, when I will be free.

Sorry for asking on an old post, but what is a MaxScript?

I don't get why you think 1 week is considered to be old... But MaxScript(s) are scripts for 3DS Max.

I have asked everybody not to post links, this is not a topic for sharing other mods...

• SilverRST and BlackScout like this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

Homeboy

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Nothing like some floating bushes and semi transparent fences

yiG8ogy.jpg

Jkf8pYx.jpg

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys! Firstly I would like to apologize for the inactivity but I was really busy with GYM, eating and helping out my family :) but I have good news! The next patch should be out by Tuesday fixing all of the map escapes and I will also try to fix that bugged fence in Verdant Meadows.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Suggestion: You can find a whole lot of bugs here: http://gta.wikia.com/Bugs

Hope you can fix all that or at least some stuff :D

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

This mod, broke interios in SA :(, they are swapped. Using steam version with US hoodlum crack

Rented
  • Rented

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

This mod, broke interios in SA :(, they are swapped. Using steam version with US hoodlum crack

I assume you haven't started a new game have you?

The ENEX that you used to enter the Safehouse you saved in is stored in the save file and if you load it with the added ENEXes that are included in this update the game will teleport you to incorrect locations, you wont have this problem once you start a new game(and everything is going to be normal on your new save).

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

I assume you haven't started a new game have you?

The ENEX that you used to enter the Safehouse you saved in is stored in the save file and if you load it with the added ENEXes that are included in this update the game will teleport you to incorrect locations, you wont have this problem once you start a new game(and everything is going to be normal on your new save).

Ok Thanks for infos

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users