Photo

[IV|WIP] Silence!

108 replies to this topic
Kinetix7
  • Kinetix7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I forgot to make a backup of WEAPONS (if there was an original one) in resident.rpf before I copied yours over, is there any way I can reverse this action? And the mod doesn't work for me, but I suppose that's because I'm running EFLC.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

I forgot to make a backup of WEAPONS (if there was an original one) in resident.rpf before I copied yours over, is there any way I can reverse this action? And the mod doesn't work for me, but I suppose that's because I'm running EFLC.

Not unless you find a stock weapons sounds file somewhere. Always backup your files.
You are correct, the currently released version does not work with EFLC.

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

Just curious-- when the mod's released, will it be with EFLC compatibility or no?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:50 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 06 March 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Just curious-- when the mod's released, will it be with EFLC compatibility or no?

Yes :)
Thanks to XForceP, thats what I'm working on right now.

Kinetix7
  • Kinetix7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

OK then, second question...will your new mod come with a new WEAPONS file? Because if that's the case and I can just replace the one I have with a working one, I can just wait and deal with everyone having silenced bullets on their very much un-silenced weapons until the new version comes out :p

Not unless you find a stock weapons sounds file somewhere. Always backup your files.
You are correct, the currently released version does not work with EFLC.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:36 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 08 March 2014 - 05:21 AM.

OK then, second question...will your new mod come with a new WEAPONS file? Because if that's the case and I can just replace the one I have with a working one, I can just wait and deal with everyone having silenced bullets on their very much un-silenced weapons until the new version comes out :p

The sounds that are already modded will remain mostly unchanged except for a couple that just sound wimpy (glock)
EFLC has new guns though, and new guns means more sounds, so there will be a new audio file for EFLC.

The way sounds in this mod work are kinda backwards. everything starts out suppressed, then the script makes them loud, so in order for guns to sound right, the script must be used.

Short answer: Yes

==============================================================================

Currently messing with EFLC's weapon sounds... Wow R*.... 

Episodic weapon sounds are made up of other weapon's sounds. Gold Uzi and 44 Automag  don't even have their own firing sounds. P90's Sound is just a modulated M249 sound.. If the files you replace with aren't just right, car collisions can no longer be heard. If the archive gets too big, the games crashes immediately after loading.

*hobo voice* "It's one disaster after another!"

Most of EFLC's loud sounds are either going to be the same as some GTAIV guns, or have their own sounds, but in GTAIV's archive. Still figuring out how I'm going to do EFLC's suppressed sounds. Shouldn't be too difficult, but this crashing and causing weird bugs thing makes me really not want to mess with this archive.

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

The sounds that are already modded will remain mostly unchanged except for a couple that just sound wimpy (glock)
EFLC has new guns though, and new guns means more sounds, so there will be a new audio file for EFLC.

The way sounds in this mod work are kinda backwards. everything starts out suppressed, then the script makes them loud, so in order for guns to sound right, the script must be used.

Short answer: Yes

==============================================================================

Currently messing with EFLC's weapon sounds... Wow R*.... 

Episodic weapon sounds are made up of other weapon's sounds. Gold Uzi and 44 Automag  don't even have their own firing sounds. P90's Sound is just a modulated M249 sound.. If the files you replace with aren't just right, car collisions can no longer be heard. If the archive gets too big, the games crashes immediately after loading.

*hobo voice* "It's one disaster after another!"

Most of EFLC's loud sounds are either going to be the same as some GTAIV guns, or have their own sounds, but in GTAIV's archive. Still figuring out how I'm going to do EFLC's suppressed sounds. Shouldn't be too difficult, but this crashing and causing weird bugs thing makes me really not want to mess with this archive.

Is the script written in such a way as to make it so all guns need a silencer? If not why not just ignore all the EFLC weapons that cause problems and give them some other tweak to compensate?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, please ignore me cause im dumb

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:43 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 10 March 2014 - 08:46 AM.

Is the script written in such a way as to make it so all guns need a silencer? If not why not just ignore all the EFLC weapons that cause problems and give them some other tweak to compensate?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, please ignore me cause im dumb

Well, no. You can have weapons that dont need a silencer, but because I want it to be flexible to how others mod their game, I feel that it should be an option for each and every gun. For example, a silencer on the EFLC M249? Lol probably not. But what if someone replaced the M249 with a pistol they downloaded and really liked? That should probably have the option to be suppressed.

One way or another I'm going to make it work, dont worry ;) The sound replacing is actually going fairly well. Its just more difficult than before due to R*'s weird sound mixing in EFLC.

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

Nothing Is Really Over Until The Moment You Stop Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

Hey Man,what kind of gun attachment models you need?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 13 March 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Ah you found my thread :D
I need:

Suppressors

-Pistol

-Shotgun

-Assault Rifle

-SMG

-Sniper

Muzzle Brakes

-Assault Rifle

-Sniper

Fore-grips

-Vertical Universal

-Angled Universal

Preferably with no camo or color textures on them. You know, just basic metal & black colors.

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ah you found my thread :D
I need:

Suppressors

-Pistol

-Shotgun

-Assault Rifle

-SMG

-Sniper

Muzzle Brakes

-Assault Rifle

-Sniper

Fore-grips

-Vertical Universal

-Angled Universal

Preferably with no camo or color textures on them. You know, just basic metal & black colors.

For the guns suppressor,do you want a different suppressor or a same suppressor ?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

For the guns suppressor,do you want a different suppressor or a same suppressor ?

Just one model for each type. most important are the Pistol, Shotgun, and Assault Rifle. If you can't get ones from an SMG or Sniper, I can have them reuse the Pistol and Assault Rifle's model.

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Here is the new silencer:http://www.mediafire...ov/Silencer.rar

It's up to you to use it on any weapon type  :beerhat:

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

very awesome :3 thanks

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

You think we can see the recoil in action anytime soon? Really interested as to how that would look as opposed to just bullet-spread.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 27 March 2014 - 10:26 AM.

I suppose so. You guys are waiting so patiently, and I've been been so caught up with other things lately.

I just got done making a tool that will give you approximate offset values by feeding it an OpenFormats .skel file. If the the bone placement for your model is correct (muzzle_fx at precise tip of barrel and center of barrel opening), then the silencer offsets will be correct. If not, its an extremely close start. Foregrip offsets given by the tool will probably never be perfect due to variances in placement of bones from one modeller to the next, but they are also very close. 

• AgentWD40 and Krlos_Rokr like this

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

Dude those cars were trippy as sh*t. A bit disappointed you didn't show off the RPG (lol) but the mod's looking great anyway. Looking forward to it.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

lol what would I do with the rpg?

I cant image someone needing attachments for one :p

recoil amount is determined by the amount of physics force in weaponinfo for that weapon. as a result, weapons like the grenade launcher and rpg have no recoil

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

I was hoping the rpg would be nerfed actually. Like it would knock you on your ass when fired to balance out the damage it can do. Something like in this video, except using the fall back animation already in-game: http://www.liveleak....=28f_1360226932

Krlos_Rokr
  • Krlos_Rokr

Player Hater

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Bro i like your work!! :D  this could be an attachmen too, those are Iron sights http://gamebanana.com/models/3331

i can convert it if you want :).

Are you going to add light attachment?

Thanks!

battlestrikers1
  • battlestrikers1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Any updates

Exocortex
  • Exocortex

Retired

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Any updates

Yeah, any updates ?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

None yet. I started fixing Pickups2.0 and then just fell out of my coding mode. Guess I should get back to that, eh? ^-^;;

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

Why don't you create a sort of Manhunt Projects thread so we can follow progress on all of your mods. I know you update sort of sporratically but I'm still very interested in everything you've been working on and I'm sure the rest of the modding community would like to take a look.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

Why don't you create a sort of Manhunt Projects thread so we can follow progress on all of your mods. I know you update sort of sporratically but I'm still very interested in everything you've been working on and I'm sure the rest of the modding community would like to take a look.

I think thats a good idea. If everyone is able to leave feedback in one central location, I'm more likely to see it and be able to respond.
Of course, not all my projects are Manhunt related, so probably wont title it that :p

Just need stealth and executions, then I can make a MH thread ;)

Back on topic: Im looking at AGS right now, for the first time in months, and realizing just how huge of a project this has become. I'm overwhelmed lol.. I can't believe I wrote all this.

Looks like progress stopped right in the middle of updating the weapon attachment data lines. Back to work!

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

I think thats a good idea. If everyone is able to leave feedback in one central location, I'm more likely to see it and be able to respond.
Of course, not all my projects are Manhunt related, so probably wont title it that :p

Back on topic: Im looking at AGS right now, for the first time in months, and realizing just how huge of a project this has become. I'm overwhelmed lol.. I can't believe I wrote all this.

Looks like progress stopped right in the middle of updating the weapon attachment data lines. Back to work!

Yeah maybe not something entirely manhunt just like InfamousSabre's Mods Thread or something. I'm super anxious to see what's changed with Pickups or Ambience even if they're small changes that I wouldn't even notice otherwise.

ZT-
  • ZT-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by hc41, 09 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.

Really need the Manhunt executions in GTA IV. :colgate: MAJEST1C_R3 was working on an importer and exporter for the Manhunt ifp's.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 10 June 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Really need the Manhunt executions in GTA IV. :colgate: MAJEST1C_R3 was working on an importer and exporter for the Manhunt ifp's.

I absolutely agree, hehe.. If he ever releases it, I'll look into it for sure.
I finally posted in his thread though. Been following it for a while, but ProjectManhunt forum is pretty slow moving.

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Not sure if this is worth sharing but H1Vltg3 made a thing that allowed GTA animations to be created in Maya. Might not be that helpful but from what I've heard Maya is supposed to be retarded easy to use. Could be helpful if anyone ends up doing the executions and sh*t.

ZT-
  • ZT-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Not sure if this is worth sharing but H1Vltg3 made a thing that allowed GTA animations to be created in Maya. Might not be that helpful but from what I've heard Maya is supposed to be retarded easy to use. Could be helpful if anyone ends up doing the executions and sh*t.

I know every execution animation by heart. :colgate: But unfortunately, I never used Maya.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users