» «
Photo

My thoughts on GTAV versus GTA IV and San Andreas

68 replies to this topic
Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

Trevor is the best all of the GTA protagonists should be like trevor if not similar to him. he is what a GTA protagonist should be! In my opinion Trevor is the best character for a GTA game, it has GTA written all over him!      

A psychotic, drug addicted, bisexual, cross-dressing, cannibal, rapist?

They went too far with Trevor.

• Official General likes this

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

A psychotic, drug addicted, bisexual, cross-dressing, cannibal, rapist?

They went too far with Trevor.

He's the in-universe player tooling around, going on rampages, and doing all sorts of wacky ****. I mentioned, though, I think he's pretty much a parody of GTA's major rival--though.

Not that there's any doubt whose superior with the current sales figures.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

If it were just city people would have complained like they did with IV.

You keep on saying this, but you also gotta remember the same people that complain about one thing are not always exactly the same people who complain about another thing.You cannot just lump everybody together like that, as tempting as the situation prompts you to. Really bro, this is something you need to understand. 

You might not have but many people did. Besides Sandy Shores is my second favorite place to be. The perfect place to have the biker and meth culture depicted in the game. If it were just LS I would not have had that experience.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

This is a fine summary of the game, and I'm really starting to enjoy the pieces that you've brought to this forum, but I'm a tad disappointed that you didn't mention the inclusion of a score when discussing the music of V.

The radio is alright. I look for a game with a soundtrack to introduce me to new songs, genres, artists, etc. If I were to scroll through some of my playlists now, I'd be able to point out quite a few tracks that have appeared in video games. I found IV's radio stations to be severely lacking and V's to be just a little bit better. There are probably a handful of songs in the latter playlist that I aim to find when scrolling through the stations, as opposed to none from IV.

V's missions were practically narrated by the dynamic score. I don't think they'd be quite as memorable without its epic presence. 

• Charles Phipps likes this

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

Fluttershy Pony has common sense unlike most of yall

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Man, nicely done. I liked your presentation.

But, I also read it here

LoLz

And if you read at the bottom, is was the same poster who posted it... LoLz

• DeafMetal likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:23 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 18 January 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Fluttershy Pony has common sense unlike most of yall

"I think a game I've played for over 300 hours, more than most of the people in the forum, is total crap and it shows that the entire industry is full of crap, so therefore, I'm gonna protest it by pirating every game I can, even when the obvious choice is not to buy or consume the product because pirating it ruins it for the rest of PC gamers who don't like retarded DRM." ?

Yeah, I think I can see the common sense in that.

• TheMasterfocker and Vercetti42 like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

If it were just city people would have complained like they did with IV.

You keep on saying this, but you also gotta remember the same people that complain about one thing are not always exactly the same people who complain about another thing.You cannot just lump everybody together like that, as tempting as the situation prompts you to. Really bro, this is something you need to understand. 

You might not have but many people did. Besides Sandy Shores is my second favorite place to be. The perfect place to have the biker and meth culture depicted in the game. If it were just LS I would not have had that experience.

And I'm sure a great many people did not too. You don't know for sure who complained about what, you can only speculate. People complained for their own different reasons, it's not like they were just complaining for the sake of complaining. You (and certain others on here) just seem to have a problem with anyone who has complaints for the game, which I find quite strange, gathering that we are on a games forum. 

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

This is a fine summary of the game, and I'm really starting to enjoy the pieces that you've brought to this forum, but I'm a tad disappointed that you didn't mention the inclusion of a score when discussing the music of V.

The radio is alright. I look for a game with a soundtrack to introduce me to new songs, genres, artists, etc. If I were to scroll through some of my playlists now, I'd be able to point out quite a few tracks that have appeared in video games. I found IV's radio stations to be severely lacking and V's to be just a little bit better. There are probably a handful of songs in the latter playlist that I aim to find when scrolling through the stations, as opposed to none from IV.

V's missions were practically narrated by the dynamic score. I don't think they'd be quite as memorable without its epic presence. 

oooo, you're right.

I think the score was really effective in places and it was so natural I barely noticed it but it played strongly into the emotions of scenes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users