What's the most ridiculous thing.....

173 replies to this topic
DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

What I don't understand: You see many peds staying in the Mission Row Police Station. But when you enter, you get a 3 star level after a minute, even if you don't do anything there!

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

I shot a cop and got three stars on me.
why the f*ck? Killing cops is natural in los angeles.

But it isn't in a Gta game. Especially V. Nobody fu*ks with the cops in V. Unlike the ones in LC which just suck!  :lol:

Oh, but you don't understand . The LCPD are trained to actually arrest people. :p

Oh reely?

32963.png

Den why do dey do dis? Dey stupid.

Explain That. Son Of Liberty. :p

It's much worse in GTA V. lol

its not. :monocle:

in IV, I HAVE to slam my PS3 somewhere. while V? *in-game fun mode on* easiest cop chase ever. *in-game fun mode off*

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

@DutchGangsta

You sure you haven't tresspased somewhere? The only place where you can actually stay is the armoury and the lobby and you can't even go inside of the desk.

@Ten-a-Penny

I remember playing IV when I suddenly walked down the Street and out of nowhere a vehicle at a low speed kills me. Great times.

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

@Tenxax

No, was just staying in the lobby.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

@DutchGangsta

That's odd, I've always stayed in the lobby minding my own bussiness and I've never gotten any stars. I've gotten into fights with the NPCs but the cops always take care of them.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I think that most of you don't understand that R* tried to implement the RL situations into wanted system! Example: In real life If you would stare like a f*cking psychopat into a policeman or even go dare and insult him, what do you think his reaction would be? No, yes? In my Country he would probably beat the sh*t out of you or even kill you. I am talking from experience. Hey, guess so, hes a policeman, he can cover that sh*t with the explanation that you started it and that the situation gone wrong, he can fake the situation and so on. What punishment would he get? 2 months of suspension from work, while you are 2 feets buried into the ground! Who would take your word into consideration over his???

Example 2: If you would insult a person on the street, how do you think that situation would end? First, if the person you insulted has a little bit of pride and balls he would get back at you in the same way or even worse, he would probably attack you or he would simply just walk away or called the cops. And what do peds in GTA V do? Exactly that. The same goes for attacking someone or multiple people.

Example 3: If somebody you never seen or meet in your life would just stand near you and started staring into you like he is about to kill you (example Trevor). What line of defense you have in this situation? Quick phonecall to the police, run for your life, or start a fist fight? What do peds do? Just that.

Yes like you see I am defending this system because I like it a lot and it's only a matter of how you handle the situation that is displayed in front of you. It's much better then IV's where peds would not do anything at all and they are a bit lifeless when it comes to this kind of situations. And yes, Police system is so much more realistic in IV where you can just kill a ped on the street, walk near him for a couple of minutes and walk away like nothing happened without gaining a star or start fighting with multiple people in front of eyewitnesses and get out from situation like nothing happened at all. Yeees, so much realistic and better. Yeah right.

Also to people who are bitching about peds calling the cops on them for staring or standing near them for too long. As I remember, they give you a warning to walk away and if you don't move after a couple of seconds they call the cops (what's so wrong with that?) that obviously a lot of people can't handle because a) you are just not cut out for harder and much more realistic AI or b) you don't have any gunman, running, orientation skills to take every advantage in the game into your consideration to beat the artificial inteligence. (and yes if you ask I can handle five stars on free aim for a hour and a half with just a pistol with Trevor. Wish I had the recording system for my TV  to show it). So which is it?

• ten-a-penny and daliakiller like this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I think that most of you don't understand that R* tried to implement the RL situations into wanted system! Example: In real life If you would stare like a f*cking psychopat into a policeman or even go dare and insult him, what do you think his reaction would be? No, yes? In my Country he would probably beat the sh*t out of you or even kill you. I am talking from experience. Hey, guess so, hes a policeman, he can cover that sh*t with the explanation that you started it and that the situation gone wrong, he can fake the situation and so on. What punishment would he get? 2 months of suspension from work, while you are 2 feets buried into the ground! Who would take your word into consideration over his???

Example 2: If you would insult a person on the street, how do you think that situation would end? First, if the person you insulted has a little bit of pride and balls he would get back at you in the same way or even worse, he would probably attack you or he would simply just walk away or called the cops. And what do peds in GTA V do? Exactly that. The same goes for attacking someone or multiple people.

Example 3: If somebody you never seen or meet in your life would just stand near you and started staring into you like he is about to kill you (example Trevor). What line of defense you have in this situation? Quick phonecall to the police, run for your life, or start a fist fight? What do peds do? Just that.

Yes like you see I am defending this system because I like it a lot and it's only a matter of how you handle the situation that is displayed in front of you. It's much better then IV's where peds would not do anything at all and they are a bit lifeless when it comes to this kind of situations. And yes, Police system is so much more realistic in IV where you can just kill a ped on the street, walk near him for a couple of minutes and walk away like nothing happened without gaining a star or start fighting with multiple people in front of eyewitnesses and get out from situation like nothing happened at all. Yeees, so much realistic and better. Yeah right.

Also to people who are bitching about peds calling the cops on them for staring or standing near them for too long. As I remember, they give you a warning to walk away and if you don't move after a couple of seconds they call the cops (what's so wrong with that?) that obviously a lot of people can't handle because a) you are just not cut out for harder and much more realistic AI or b) you don't have any gunman, running, orientation skills to take every advantage in the game into your consideration to beat the artificial inteligence. (and yes if you ask I can handle five stars on free aim for a hour and a half with just a pistol with Trevor. Wish I had the recording system for my TV  to show it). So which is it?

u mad bruh

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Actually, they're able to. I saw an NPC who punched this cop, the cop got up and aimed his gun at it, he didn't shoot at first but then the NPC started running thus promping him to shoot because the NPC was ''resisting arrest''.

Some time later I crashed into a Phoenix near the Mission Row PD almost killing a couple of cops, this made them draw their weapons at the car and one of them got near the door yelling at the driving to get out of the vehicle, the thing is.. the driver was dead.

It's really how the Police AI reacts to crime. If I punch somebody while being witnessed by cops then i'll get two stars, same applies to the NPCs.

OT:

I don't know what is it with the ''Hi'' bandwagon.. anyways, I got a wanted level for seriously I dunno. Knocking out when ''nobody was watching'' maybe? Seriously in all honesty I haven't gotten a crime for any ridiculous thing.

Yeah, but they still don't actually arrest anyone though. After GTA IV I was hoping to see it improve. Such as instead of them holding a gun at the suspect they may use hand cuffs and force them into their squad car.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

The cops in this game are pretty BS.

I was getting the garbage truck for Blitz Play and as I was driving it down a street, A COP CAR SPAWNED RIGHT BESIDE ME.

I am not f*cking joking, it just materialized out of thin air.

After that mission, I took Trevor and a tank to LS and paid the LSPD a little visit.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

AT LAST! AT F2CKING LAST! :D

you just pictured EVERYTHING I was trying to say!

here you have it whiners :p

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

For pouring gasoline in a convenience store. Jihad called the cops and said I was going to "destroy his store." Whatever that means..

PolarBearDontCare
  • PolarBearDontCare

Taco's Are Better

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

sitting at a red light on my motorcycle and getting hit by a cop....three stars

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 17 January 2014 - 10:23 AM.

@SonOfLiberty

Actually, they're able to. I saw an NPC who punched this cop, the cop got up and aimed his gun at it, he didn't shoot at first but then the NPC started running thus promping him to shoot because the NPC was ''resisting arrest''.

Some time later I crashed into a Phoenix near the Mission Row PD almost killing a couple of cops, this made them draw their weapons at the car and one of them got near the door yelling at the driving to get out of the vehicle, the thing is.. the driver was dead.

It's really how the Police AI reacts to crime. If I punch somebody while being witnessed by cops then i'll get two stars, same applies to the NPCs.

OT:

I don't know what is it with the ''Hi'' bandwagon.. anyways, I got a wanted level for seriously I dunno. Knocking out when ''nobody was watching'' maybe? Seriously in all honesty I haven't gotten a crime for any ridiculous thing.

Yeah, but they still don't actually arrest anyone though. After GTA IV I was hoping to see it improve. Such as instead of them holding a gun at the suspect they may use hand cuffs and force them into their squad car.

Wrong. They actually do handcuff people. Watch this.

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_291.jpg

:pp

Anyway, since many people here are comparing V's cops to IV's, I decided to put this here:

Funniest_Memes_cops-in-gta-iv-vs-cops-in

• SonOfLiberty, theGTAking101, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by Deus Ex, 17 January 2014 - 10:41 AM.

Was walking down the street, minding my own business(for real), and i walked past one of cops and got a wanted level for no reason.

Is it some sort of bug? Or what? 

I

@SonOfLiberty

OT:

Wrong. They actually do handcuff people. Watch this.

:pp

Anyway, since many people here are comparing V's cops to IV's, I decided to put this here:

Funniest_Memes_cops-in-gta-iv-vs-cops-in

True, true...

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 06 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

was flying around in my buzzard. heading towards the impound garage/HQ. I bailed out while being high enough. I "hid" somewhere waiting to get a star to avoid it. guess what? nothing. kay. safe.....headed towards to the garage and BOOM! one star wanted level. BUSTED! proves that they do actually bust you on-foot.

I know I already made a WHOLE THREAD about it. :p

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

I would have to say simply defending myself. I was not doing anything and a person shoved me! I stood there floored with my jaw open at what had just occurred, and then the asshole starts bad mouthing me and gets in the stance to fight me. As I stand there appalled by the notion that this little peasant would even attempt such an action against the likes of me, I was then punched in the face. What did I do might you ask? Well I hit him back and these little piglets come running over trying to f*cking attack ME!? Clearly they did not even care how well dressed I was and that this homeless son of a bitch was 100% in the wrong. They left no other choice but to use an RPG on them. I'm sorry I thought this was America!

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

For hanging around some ladies of the night. I mean really - how are they going to get any business?

I wouldn't be surprised if saying the words "PC Version" into your mic after the next patch would get you a wanted level. It's certainly not allowed on R*'s Newswire.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

^ A fiddler fiddling.

• Members
  • Japan
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

I shot a cop and got three stars on me.

why the f*ck? Killing cops is natural in los angeles.

Nobody fu*ks with the cops in V. 

That's what I want to hear, citizen! You have earned the good citizen bonus!

As for Mr.Libs, we'll find him in the nearest hospital, and we will ambush him. :cool:

• ten-a-penny, Gta_V_Fan_101 and DutchGangsta like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

Helping them in a gun fight they were clearly losing.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Helping them in a gun fight they were clearly losing.

See those cops are nothing but ungrateful little wenches! Same thing happened to me.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:49 AM Edited by im_stoned, 07 February 2014 - 02:03 AM.

I'm certain I've got a wanted level for walking down the streets before... Playing as Michael wearing a suit..........minding my own business and yes I was unarmed.

I'm certain the police over sensitivity was designed so it's harder for you to kill cops. Yes you can still kill them they wouldn't be able to sell the mass's gta v if police were untouchable. It would turn V into a totally different game that most people would have no interest in. What I believe rockstar have done is make the police response tougher so they can say to the goverments, police ect

'' look yes you can kill cops in this game but we've made them so tough rampages wont last more than 3 minutes if you don't run away making the police look tough and untouchable''

I really wouldn't be surprised if political correctness was behind it and all that related stuff.  So every now and then I go on a rampage for no other reason than to take out my frustration on the cops because their unbelievably annoying. I think the reason they respond the second you do anything crime related is to prevent you from committing crimes again for P.C reasons.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

Midnight, Paleto Bay.

A cougar charges me, i pull my AK, short burst, kitty dead, LSPD officers passing by, sirens blaring, are going to bust my ass.

Officer! WTF!

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

walking around with Mike in Sandy Shores and I got a star for no flippin reason, then proceded to torch nervous ron in a blaze of glory,

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

So I thought I would be a safe driver and stop at red lights etc. I was bored ha! While sitting there in traffic, I got a wanted level.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

- Wanted because a cop car trying to idiotically chase a random driver hit me (happened multiple times)
- Wanted for trying to have some traditional GTA fun on a golf course with a car
- Wanted for visiting the Vinewood sign
- Wanted for kicking my vehicle
- Wanted for revving
- Wanted for standing in front of a cop car
- Wanted for blowing up a car on Mount Gordo with nobody around (or on an eastern deserted beach or Chiliad or in the woods)
- Wanted for my plane crashing

It really does get old. The fact that I cannot revv without a dumb NPC or cop annoying the crud out of me, or the fact that I cannot destroy things in the middle of nowhere, or the fact that I even can't explore various places of my interest... that just irritates the hell out of me.
  • theGTAking101 and im_stoned like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't get a wanted level for standing near a NPC? It seems like I have a patched edition of Gta V. 

• DutchGangsta likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't get a wanted level for standing near a NPC? It seems like I have a patched edition of Gta V. 

Sometimes I will get one and sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on the NPC?

As for me, the most ridiculous thing I got a wanted level for was when I was hanging out with one of the protagonists and visited the bar, I came outside and before I even got back in my car, someone called the cops because I was "freaking him out", then he had the nerve to call me "bro". I shot him and fled the scene. 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

I dunno. I normally stand near NPCs in Rockford Hills, near Mike's house. 

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Here's something a little different for you all:

I was cruising around Sandy Shores recently, and accidentally crashed into a cop car.

I did NOT get a wanted level.
  • Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Here's something a little different for you all:

I was cruising around Sandy Shores recently, and accidentally crashed into a cop car.

I did NOT get a wanted level.

Whoa, the same thing happened to me. 

I guess we own GTA V: The special edition which doesn't let us earn a wanted level for the most ridiculous stuff.

• DutchGangsta and RiaJay21 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users