Michael Minimalist Artwork - Opinions Needed

3 replies to this topic
RamiV2
  • RamiV2

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I recently downloaded Adobe Illustrator & decided to break it in by making a minimalist version of Michael De Santa from GTA V. Keep in mind that this is the first time I've ever used this, also I have no real tools (no tablet or stylus).

What do you think about it?

What can I change?

How can I improve?

(The original size was too big for the forum)

AmixS6Bl.png?1

• Slave Boy, android and Vanto like this

luizpaulo
  • luizpaulo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:57 PM Edited by luizpaulo, 15 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

If that's your first time, you did a freaking good job!!

My suggestion would be try to lighten the paper texture, giving it a more clean appearance

I'm also trying to do some minimalist works on GTA missions, you can see it here, although I'm usig Photoshop for it.

But keep doing this good work. It reminds me from the Banshee series promotional teasers

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

If that's your first time, you did a freaking good job!!

My suggestion would be try to lighten the paper texture, giving it a more clean appearance

I'm also trying to do some minimalist works on GTA missions, you can see it here, although I'm usig Photoshop for it.

But keep doing this good work. It reminds me from the Banshee series promotional teasers

Wow you're really good at this too. I'll try lightening the paper texture, thanks for the feedback!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Like he said, lighten up the texture, never put too much, because instead of a poster, it looks like something you've pulled out a pin and unraveled. Also, perhaps some color changes? That blue and green just doesn't look good, atleast in my opinion. Overall, nice go for your first run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users