Photo

Car Upgrades, is it worth it ?

9 replies to this topic
FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by Cokecan72, 15 January 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Quick Question for you..

Having won a few races last night, and noticing that i had unlocked some new upgrades for my car, i went to the mod shop and began to upgrade..

Then i noticed that the stats bar on the car wasn't increasing anymore (as they are all ready at the top) and got me wondering is there any point to upgrading past a certain point??

For example my Adder's aceleration is all ready at the top, i upgraded the engine to level 3 and the transmition and nothing changed, so is it worth it ?? Does it make any differnce to the high end cars that all ready have good stats or am i just waisting my hard earned cash ??

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yes, they are useful...

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruih made me do it

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

the stats bar is all wrong, yes, it does make a difference

• FertileFuZZ likes this

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

But if the car already has maxed out acceleration and top speed, are they actually making anymore difference to the cars performance, especially when none of the stat bars are increasing ??

Just wondering..

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Stats bars don't mean anything. Upgrade a car with everything possible 100% and then go host a race with custom on. Drive modded car first time through then repeat race with stock version of same car. You will notice the difference.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Yeah, you can hit more than 100%.
Yeah, you can hit more than 100%.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Stats bars appear to be different in racing activity.

If it's full at LS Customs, it won't be full in activity. Well, most of the time... I don't know why R* did that thing that way. Did someone ever tell them that it's wrong ?

JohnDRockefeller
  • JohnDRockefeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I put anywhere from 150 k to 250k into all of my vehicles way worth it

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Stats bars don't mean anything. Upgrade a car with everything possible 100% and then go host a race with custom on. Drive modded car first time through then repeat race with stock version of same car. You will notice the difference.

Do what Juanfartez recommends only make sure Catch up is turned off

However I dont know if any of the upgrades helps your overall top speed, if it does it is minimal, My Crew and i have experimented with this some, with one of us driving s fully custom car, and the rest in the stock version, with traffic turned off and a good open highway where you can just open it up and let it run, the stock versions hold there own against the modded version, the modded version does have an advantage but it seems to always be from acceleration and being able to get to that top speed quicker, 

The acceleration advantage may not seem like much but in a race where you have to brake or slow for corners it starts adding up real quick once you master that car

IMO the best car to see a difference in is the Ruiner, I love the car with stock engine, tranny, and no turbo........But once i upgrade the items the ass end become so loose while accelerating i have a hard time getting it around a curve and keeping her straight in line.one of the Crew members has mastered it for the most part and its a beast when handled correctly

The high end Supers are no exception to the rule

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

stock sultan - decent, kinda fast

modded sultan - beast mode achieved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users