Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are only low level players getting help from others?

20 replies to this topic
Alanelcubano
  • Alanelcubano

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

I only ask cause I've never been gifted anything and I'm level 67

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

No, it's probably just that nobody really likes you.

• AussieAustin and dannybohy like this

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

No, it's probably just that nobody really likes you.

Bahahahaha

Just luck buddy... it's all just luck.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

It's extremely rare, but it does happen.

Alanelcubano
  • Alanelcubano

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

Whelp wallowing in pure sadness now

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

The hotfix shut down the modified servers so finding players using mods is much more rare now.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

The hotfix shut down the modified servers so finding players using mods is much more rare now.

sh*t, i still see it often

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

I've run into a couple players using obvious wallhacks, but I haven't seen any large bounties since before 1.09.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

I've run into a couple players using obvious wallhacks, but I haven't seen any large bounties since before 1.09.

gifted money and large bounties dont seem to happen anymore, yet we're still left with these f*cking godmode kids.

i can never be online for more than an hour without seeing at least one godmoder

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:18 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 15 January 2014 - 05:30 AM.

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

No nobody likes me

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

Im not like a crazy high level or anything but I am helping a friend who just got the game post patch 1.09. We are just playing my missions for the extra RP and money. Grinding a few missions and just giving out general knowledge I have of GTA:O to help them get there cheese and bread up. 

I have never received anything shared either haha but I play mainly in Solo/Invite only lobbies. I got lucky and could make lots of cash and rp with the replay and other nice features that are gone now. Playing the game now does feel more like a grind but more rewarding, plus its not that bad with the missions I get now, we are making like 12k-25k and 2000-3500 RP per mission. 

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

dafuk, really?!!! hahaha

i cross paths with atleast 3 cheater every session, from god mode, modded guns and cars to the newest endless spawning. in this one the player simply keep flashing(spawning) but the character never render, therefor hes pretty much god mode, but cant be ran over with a car or anything.

and the big dollar bounties are rare but they are still around after 1.09, just 3 days ago i entered a server, people were chasing a bounty all over the map in cars, buzzards, heck 2 guys were chasing in a titan, i ask a person why is everybody so actively pursuing the bounty, got a simple response, "its a million dollar bounty baby"

i was like ok, as i look at my balance of well over 1.85 billions hahaha

henryborked
  • henryborked

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:34 AM Edited by henryborked, 15 January 2014 - 05:35 AM.

The only real help one can offer these days is giving somebody a modded car to sell or keep. I rarely do this but when I do it's for the lower levels only. And then only after viewing their performance on tv, to assess whether or not they are somebody's second character. Just yesterday, some poor soul missed out on 100k because it seemed like he was a bit too wise for a rank 4. Beyond that, I will routinely share my bounties with the lower ranks. I certainly don't need the money right now, and bounty hunting is still fun for me even without obvious benefits.

cookiemonster79
  • cookiemonster79

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Most people probably assume a higher level was gifted money or knows someone who can hook them up... 

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

I stopped helping out low level players when I realized they're just ungrateful pricks..
And I also haven't seen anymore players being gifted money post patch 1.09 as it's being said above but I once joined a lobby where some modder was using speed hack, sh*ts ridiculous

henryborked
  • henryborked

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

Most people probably assume a higher level was gifted money or knows someone who can hook them up...

This, and I for one tend to think that higher levels won't benefit as much from my modded cars since to them 100k means much less than it does to a lowly rank 4.

I stopped helping out low level players when I realized they're just ungrateful pricks..

I read this often, with people blowing up the car you modded or shooting you in the face by way of showing gratitude, but fortunately have not been met with this myself. Should it happen though, I will first friend that player and then proceed to grief them out of every server I might find them in.
  • GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

Well Im greatful for anything tips, funds, information, etc. 

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Crew Leader

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

Yes!

JohnDRockefeller
  • JohnDRockefeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Ahh nice level with close to 20 billion the world is so unfair death to all peasants !!!!!

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm finally getting up into levels in the 80's and 90's, mostly by solo racing.  Lately, since the money glitchers are gone, I see more lobbies with a realistic distribution of players, including low levels, mostly apparently legit new players since Christmas. 

I want to trade races to help both them and myself, so sometimes I invite a low level for a race.  Usually I get one or two races, but the in-game communication is so useless, that I can't keep the pattern going for more than two races, sometimes not even that.  And after I let them win the first race, sometimes they pick some deathmatch or something else and don't apparently even realize the advantages they would get from trading simple races.  I even arranged with a guy to trade races at 1 lap CR, which he initiated, and then he invites 2 or 3 of his friends, making it a total waste of time. 

So at least it's better than getting shot in the face, and I don't blame the other players because I couldn't figure out the lobbies at first either, but the piss poor comms in GTA0 makes almost any coordinated or intelligent behavior impossible.  Yeah, I know I should get a mic.  I tried a USB headset adapter that is supposed to work with PS3, but surprise, it doesn't, so I'm gonna have to buy a freaking $80 headset just so I can win some races. What crap. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users