» «
Photo

Why does TBOGT cost more than TLOD?

15 replies to this topic
DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:40 AM Edited by DisasterMaster13, 15 January 2014 - 12:46 AM.

It seems pretty weird considering their both just add-ons and TBOGT actaully has the same price as GTA 4 itself which is a full-fledged game.

This is on Xbox live marketplace.

Edit: I meant TLAD.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Bump

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Because politics I guess lol. TBoGT was really successful, so I don't see why they wouldn't bump the price up

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

TBoGT brought heaps of new features to GTA 4, thats why i think it cost more. 

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

TBoGT brought heaps of new features to GTA 4, thats why i think it cost more. 

Didn't TLaD bring new features too but it's less. That's kinda weird.

Because politics I guess lol. TBoGT was really successful, so I don't see why they wouldn't bump the price up

But to be the same price as the main game itself. That just doesn't make sense.

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

some consider TBOGT and TLAD to be DLCs, some consider TBOGT and TLAD to each be their own individual game, some consider TBOGT and TLAD to be one game together, who the f*ck knows what they really are.

i consider TBOGT and TLAD to simply be a part of IV.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

It's because R* knows that since it returns to the crazy style of the 3D era everybody seems to cream their pants over, they'll be willing to pay more for it. It's simple business
  • DeafMetal likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 January 2014 - 01:46 AM.

It cust TBoGT and TLAD are two different games in one disc known as Episodes from Liberty City.TBoGT have 25 missions,It introduced the ability to Replay Missions to the Series,It introduced the Parachute to the HD Era before GTA 5 and also introduced the Mission Rating System.TLAD had 23 missions,Introduced the Checkpoint System to the Series,New Storyline focused on outlaw bikers and also new gameplay mechanics,new weapons.but nonetheless they are both 8hrs each Storywise and Gameplaywise(regardless of both of them set in same City as GTA 4).Plus they both changed the way DLCs are looked at.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

It cust TBoGT and TLAD are two different games in one disc known as Episodes from Liberty City.TBoGT have 25 missions,It introduced the ability to Replay Missions to the Series,It introduced the Parachute to the HD Era before GTA 5 and also introduced the Mission Rating System.TLAD had 23 missions,Introduced the Checkpoint System to the Series,New Storyline focused on outlaw bikers and also new gameplay mechanics,new weapons.but nonetheless they are both 8hrs each Storywise and Gameplaywise(regardless of both of them set in same City as GTA 4).Plus they both changed the way DLCs are looked at.

I'm sorry but is every post you make a "state the f*cking obvious" situation? All you do is tell us stuff we already know.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 16 January 2014 - 05:28 AM.

Probably cause it adds more stuff than TLAD does, and it's pretty much the one I see most people play end-game, myself included. Look at the mods, for example, a lot of them assume you have TBoGT. And they're expensive in general because they're good ol' fashioned expansion packs, not run-of-the-mill DLC, which tend to be pretty damn expensive because they add loads of content. Pretty sure Oblivion was the same price as Shivering Isles at one point in PSN. Don't quote me on that one though.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'm sorry but is every post you make a "state the f*cking obvious" situation? All you do is tell us stuff we already know.

Aint that great,i try make it Clear to the OP :)

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

No actually you're just stating the obvious.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Aint that nice :)

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Uh, dude what the hell's up with you.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Is the price difference limited to just the 360 or does it also stretch to PSN?

I think it's something to do with the music licensed for TBOGT's radio opposed to any gameplay differences. You can't polish a turd let alone mark it up a few bucks. I know TLAD added more than its fair share of tracks, but also consider the three stations that came about on the Episodes disc. Could have something to do with it?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Uh, dude what the hell's up with you.

Calm down bro,i am just kidding :)
anyway to be on topic,i would say you should get them both cus they are G-R-E-A-T :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users