Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why was GTA V So Dissapointing

177 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on GTA V (265 member(s) have cast votes)

Why was GTA V so disappointing?

1. I thought it was going to be Game of the Millennium (24 votes [9.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

2. Trevor killing [SPOILER] (1 votes [0.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. GTA San Andreas is KING! (8 votes [3.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

4. GTA Online (20 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

5. The Story SUCKS (26 votes [9.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.81%

6. Not enough side content (18 votes [6.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.79%

7. V was pretty good (74 votes [27.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.92%

8. What are you talking about, V is the best game EVER (75 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

9. Other (19 votes [7.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by iProinsias, 16 January 2014 - 03:24 AM.

...the city itself seems more a ghost town

Am I the only one that has just walked down the streets and noticed all the little things that make this world feel so alive? You ADHD morons just can't appreciate such a realistic world. f*ck off and go back to COD or Battlefield or f*cking Gears of Lame.

• Blingy, Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris and MarabuntaGrande like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:54 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 January 2014 - 05:55 AM.

Most of what disappoints me in GTA V are things I'm surprised R* would even do in the first place. This may sound like nitpicking, but the lack of taxi interiors, crouching, interactive vendors, grabbing and holding onto ledges etc bother me as this should all be standard in a game like GTA V. The addition of planes, tanks, more weapons are all nice, but it's the little things that count IMO. I don't see any legit excuse for this stuff not to be in the game.

Wait, I haven't played V yet but I just came across this:

Just saying. :p

• Miamivicecity, vengenceniko and MarabuntaGrande like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Most of what disappoints me in GTA V are things I'm surprised R* would even do in the first place. This may sound like nitpicking, but the lack of taxi interiors, crouching, interactive vendors, grabbing and holding onto ledges etc bother me as this should all be standard in a game like GTA V. The addition of planes, tanks, more weapons are all nice, but it's the little things that count IMO. I don't see any legit excuse for this stuff not to be in the game.

Wait, I haven't played V yet but I just came across this:

Just saying. :p

Oh don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying GTA V doesn't have little details of its own. It's just I feel like those things I mentioned in my original post should've been in the game, but I'm not sure why they weren't.

Something I did find interesting about that video was being able to knock off the glasses of peds, but as far as I know this doesn't happen to the player. In GTA IV NIko could get his hat/glasses knocked off in combat or if he got hit by a car. In GTA V they're more or less feel superglued like the 3D era.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Comments like:

• "just ease off licking Rockstar's asses just for a hot minute"
  • "stop being such a R* kiss-ass"
  • "stop sucking R*'s dick"
  • "stop bending over for R*"
  • "RDF!!!! RDF!!!!"

...etc, are what really renders people like Official General and others seriousness as debaters almost non-existent. At least Bert doesn't resort to such immaturity (from what I've seen anyway).

People seem to complain about the minor issues. If you ask me, R*'s treatment of SP is more inportant than interiors.
The story is good, but there are a lot of severe glitches that need to be ironed out. R*'s focus on online isn't helping.
The graphics are bloody amazing, and same with the missions. Overall a good job by R*, but there are, unfortunately, some flaws, but most of these are minor, except the SP bugs.

To be honest, I consider the fact the scale, detail, and content of this game still manages to contain a relatively small and minor amount of glitches to be quite impressive.
This is true, but R* should at least try to patch some SP bugs. In the latest patch, only online glitches were fixed. The loading screen of do is still there.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

how do you vote all of the above? It's the damn truth! Worse gta ever made and i thought vice city stories sucked least it was fun something V seriously lacks.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

how do you vote all of the above? It's the damn truth! Worse gta ever made and i thought vice city stories sucked least it was fun something V seriously lacks.

My mr. libs impersonation: People with opinions, eh I don't like 'em. Nothing personal, just a cultural thing. 

vengenceniko
  • vengenceniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

For people complaining about the lack of interiors, there are actually quite a lot of them, they just aren't labeled. In terms of quantity, there is about the same as GTA IV. I think the only problem with the interiors are that they don't feel as special or unique as in IV and EFLC. The only exception are the safehouses. GTA V has the best safehouses in all of HD era. 

Besides, in my opinion, V isn't about the interiors. IV was only centered on a city, especially on based on NYC, so interiors were a must to replicate that feeling. But V is centered on a more open city, with a countryside. It is trying to feel replicate the feeling of open air and mountains and stuff, so interiors aren't that important.

In other words, R* gave you 5 years to enjoy concrete, tall buildings, and interiors, and now it is time to contrast that and enjoy the open air, countryside, and mountains with V.

With a game this big on last gen hardware I don't think lots interiors would even be possible. To reach V's scale detail and size, Aaron Gabut said that they needed to make compromises and interiors were probably one of them.

• ten-a-penny likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

@gta_v_fan, it was my opinion on why gta v disappoints as there's nothing fun to do after beating the game. I try to respect everyone's opinion but don't expect any sympathy from me in a thread labeled why Gta V is a disappointment.

I could care less about how many interiors there are but I do wanna know why rockstar decided to leave out the fun sidemissions I mean heck I sound it's a broken tune but there is no excuse for the absence of vigilante missions as it's been in every GTA game thusly except for V. not much of a surprise but I get bored easily I still play gtaIV to this day though and I never had many complaints with it but I did miss seeing dual-weilding and crazy fun cheats from GTA San Andreas.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

@gta_v_fan, it was my opinion on why gta v disappoints as there's nothing fun to do after beating the game. I try to respect everyone's opinion but don't expect any sympathy from me in a thread labeled why Gta V is a disappointment.
I could care less about how many interiors there are but I do wanna know why rockstar decided to leave out the fun sidemissions I mean heck I sound it's a broken tune but there is no excuse for the absence of vigilante missions as it's been in every GTA game thusly except for V. not much of a surprise but I get bored easily I still play gtaIV to this day though and I never had many complaints with it but I did miss seeing dual-weilding and crazy fun cheats from GTA San Andreas.

Sure, man. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just made that post as the last post that you made lead to me thinking that You don't respect others' opinions. My bad.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I come off as a loud mouth prick on the forums but I don't mean any harm. Right now i'm bored and felt like discussing why GTA V disappointed me and the main thing is that the game got to be boring once i beat it.

But hey man you'll see me in a why GTA V succeeded thread as well and I'll express whole heartedly the positives which there are a lot of but you can't expect to feed the entire world in one day. Someone that appreciates what gta V has to offer is their gain.
  • Gta_V_Fan_101 and vengenceniko like this

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I must agree on the fact that it was indeed disappointing. The story was weak and had so much potential but it didn't quite get there.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Something I did find interesting about that video was being able to knock off the glasses of peds, but as far as I know this doesn't happen to the player. In GTA IV NIko could get his hat/glasses knocked off in combat or if he got hit by a car. In GTA V they're more or less feel superglued like the 3D era.

To be honest, that system made buying glasses and hats completely obsolete, you couldn't pick up the fallen props back and it was a general nuisance to go back to the closet to put them on. I am glad MTF discovered the existance of Krazy Glue

krazy%20glue.gif

• Lowi and vengenceniko like this

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

I honestly hate the majority of people on the GTA forums.  They are all butthurt, over-hyped pricks.  They think it's disappointing because they expected R* to include every single aspect from SA, VC, and IV in the game, and make it better than any other game in history.  It's like, how can you be happy with a game if you expect it to reach these kinds of expectations.  R* can't please everybody, and they cant put everything you want in the game, so accept it for what it is.  If you put all your ridiculously high expectations aside, the game is actually arguably one the best of this generation, if you ignore the whole hacking part of GTA Online, which isn't R* fault, even though most seem to blame it on them immediately.  Yes, GTA 5 had flaws, but so did every other game.  No game will ever be perfect, so stop talking about all these godly things that GTA 5 should have had, and enjoy what is put into the game, and what will soon be put into it.  ~Rant over~

Well said. You are one of the few people on this forum with some intelligence and maturity.

• Osho, KillaDanny and vengenceniko like this

MarabuntaGrande
  • MarabuntaGrande

B0$$

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

You know, the first day I played GTA: V, I explored the neighborhood and tried to figure out how to recruit gang members just like San Andreas... As time went by, I rushed through the story to get to the"gangsta" bits which never came.

Upon further reflection, I see that I was expecting San Andreas 2.0 and a similar story line, just not the 90's gangbanging cos that sh*ts corny now... I love online and play regularly and I can say this is an amazing game to me. Soon, I shall play the story again, this time with the right attitude.

The map for one is amazing, i am never short of sites to take pictures of. I love how the gangs and peds are so much more detailed and varied. When it comes to online, I love the choices of clothes and stuff but i think there should be more, especially for male characters... Female characters have some pretty cool sh*t!

IMO, the main story lacked depth and personality. I remember really connecting with CJ & Niko. They had depth and raw and real emotion. Dont tell me you didnt sit there in amazement and almost a sense of loss when you finished gta:sa. Then Catalina gave you that final phonecall, and it was back to business as usual.

I also miss the dating system and all the little fun things you coulkd do like burglaries. I also like lots of interiors. For some reason i had it in my head that you could enter any house and just go wild lol. There should of been nightclubs. There should of been restaurants. I guess I'm after a life sim, thats why I like games like The Sims. But i do like a good story, with lots of options like Skyrim. 

Man I wish I could make games, I could go on for days

• ten-a-penny likes this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

For me the things that ruined the game was special abilities and GTA: Online.

Think about it, three special abilities, what are they? Slow-mo driving, slow-mo shooting and rage mode (+damage given, -damage received). This explains a couple things: car damage and overpowered cops/gang members. Have you tried getting in a gun fight with cops/gangs? you won't last long at all. The only way to have a chance is if you're in a car. Even then it's only a matter of time before you die. Cops will ram right up your ass, smash into you and shoot at you. Unless you buy armor/bullet proof tires then your car will just be a mess in no time. You don't want to be on foot when you're been chased by police as you most likely won't make it to another car in time.

Why are cars damaged so easily? SPECIAL ABILITIES. Oh, your car gets damaged too easily? Well, drive as Franklin and use his SA so you can avoid cops swerving into you or knock you off the road. That's what Rockstar want you to do. 

Why are cops/gangs over powered? SPECIAL ABILITIES. Oh, you're getting shot at and despite having full health/armor are about to die after about 10 seconds? Well, as Michael or Trevor use their SA. Slow time down and head shot them f*ckers and get to a car and f*ck off. Or use rage mode to lower received damage and give you a better of chance of surviving a little longer.

Seriously, if cars were more durable and cops/gangs weren't so f*cking over powered then this game would be so much more fun. It's a sad day when you can't fight fellow criminals and get into a chase with police in a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO which is what this game is all about. They've essentially f*cked the god damn game up and ruined exactly what makes it fun. 

As for GTA: Online. Well, that's an obvious one. Rockstar want to milk GTA for more money. Their focus has been on GTA: O. It sounds like a good idea but they're nerfing it so you have two options: pay them money to get more money in game or grind for hours and hours. No thanks. GTA V would be so much better if they hadn't bothered with GTA: O. Also, O has features than V doesn't have. Why? Why can't GTA V also have car insurance? It doesn't require and internet connection does it? just stick it as an option in LSC. The coding is all there. Cars are f*cking mess in GTA V. You get a sh*tty personal car which you can't get rid of which doesn't even sit in the f*cking garage at your house. Cars don't save if you put them in the garage. Oh but wait you have a second garage on the other side of the freaking map. Cause that makes sense. So you need to drive your car to the other garage to get a car you actually want. BUT BE CAREFUL!!! cause if you die or it explodes then you're f*cked. No way to get it back unless you hand over another $1,000,000 for that nice Adder. So, why can't GTA V have the same car system as Online? You simply get a car, buy insurance/tracker and no matter what happens you'll always have it.

There are other things in GTAO which should be in V but to be honest I can't be f*cked going on and on about it.  Basically the reason GTA V is f*cked up is because Rockstar got greedy and they've ruined what made GTA games so much fun. 

• nobum62 likes this

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by freedomworks96, 28 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

I am asking this question because every time I go on the forums it seems like every other post is ranting about how boring and broken gta v is. I thought it was at the least a pretty decent game. I think the main reason people hate it is because everyone was so hyped about the game. I remember people claiming it "Game of the Generation!" and having mini heart attacks at each screenshot. The hype was so high that even if R* did make the perfect best game ever, some people would be disappointed. Ironically, most of gta v hate comes from gta fans, because they are the ones who would've been the most hyped. Those who weren't as hyped are the ones who actually liked it.

I am also kind of annoyed with the "nostalgia-goggle cycle" on this forum. I remember when GTA IV was first out. When I first played it, (even though I personally loved it) my experience was almost ruined by all the negativity. I thought GTA IV was going to have game breaking controls, ridiculous driving, and missions so boring I was gonna fall asleep. People were going on and on about the "horrible" driving. But now that GTA V is out, all of a sudden people are worshiping IV driving and all around treating that game like a god. Don't get me wrong, but where was all this love before? Even though I wasn't here, I can assume that something similar went on when San Andreas came out. People were probably hating on it, too. And I will make a prediction that when GTA VI comes out, everyone will all of a sudden love GTA V.

Or maybe there isn't a "nostalgia-goggle cycle", but only people getting over their original hype and learning to love the game for what it is.

But, back to the original question, I have included a poll, but if your reason is not on it, feel free to post. By the way don't turn this thread into a bashing contest, I just want to know other people's opinions.

Seeing the entire game world flash every time I kill somebody with a gun, is what ruined GTA 5 for me. it made combat feel less brutal and more dumbed down and user friendly. The X hit marker for every kill was enough and even that should be optional, but seeing the entire game world flash to let me know I have made a kill just destroy immersion in the game world. The campaign mode of GTA5 also felt very short, almost the size of an expansion pack. The radio stations in GTAV were also boring, there was no metal or classic rock, just pop/pop rock, R&B, newage hipser, and rap music ONLY

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by freedomworks96, 28 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Why is this thread even here? At least half of this board is just complaining about how GTAV isn't GTAIV 2.0, or SA 2.0, do we really need to INVITE more whining?

GTA 5 was severely dumbed down and the people 'whining' are the die hard/long time fans who felt they were forced a dumbed down/user friendly version of GTAV. GTAV has many problems, like; (1.)There is no reason why the entire screen should flash with an X marker for every kill made with a gun or explosive, and give no options to turn it off, (2.)there is no reason why players shouldn't be allowed to pull out guns/fists in strip clubs without gaining wanted level 1st, (3.)there is no reason why players don't have an option to turn off cinematic music(but you can turn down radio music?), (4.)there is no reason why Cops should use lethal force(shoot at you)just for verbally insulting them or staring at them, even in the old GTA games they use non lethal force first, before pulling guns.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Now, I wouldn't call it "dissapointing" per say, because it didn't really dissapoint me. It let me down in areas, but I feel like over all the game was a success. Rockstar just overlooked, and in a lot of cases. over hyped the game to a point where I feel like everybody was expecting this amazing, bananas Grand Theft Auto game and what we got was a Real Life Simulator V3. That's not a bad thing, but it's just brutally realistic and to the casual gamer that's bothering to them. Some things like the vehicle handling, and the AI accuracy is rediculous though.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

why isn't gta v like san andreas? it just isnt as good and doesn't have that gta feel.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

The property serving zero purpose in V is better than the friendships in IV, which only served one purpose: to be a chore. You work for the perks, then if you don't keep up the relationship you lose them. Its like babysitting your contacts.

Imagine that - letting the relationships fall by the wayside and then eventually you don't get the perks from them. Gee, I've never seen this in real life. :blink:

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I thought the graphics and storyline were excellent and the game was very successful but the let downs were easily avoidable. Firstly there is the map, it's big and detailed but I think not having San Fierro or Las Venturas makes it feel smaller than San Andreas. Secondly and most importantly why Rockstar did you change the online set up. It was simple use the phone to enter game modes, now it RDR all over again. What really pisses me off is the fact that online is probably really busy but when I enter a game lobby there is no one around. The lesson to be learned for rockstar is stick to what they know, online in IV was great and successfully so successful it's what overlooked IV's faults, V however is the other way around.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

I was led to believe this would be the game of all games. The game to end all games. But instead of improving upon Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V seems as though it had gone backwards in terms of gameplay and details just to occupy such a large world. Now, I enjoy this game, don't get me wrong. But while it greatly improved on some aspects of classic Grand Theft Auto gameplay, V pretty much ignored a whole load of things.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Too many concessions to online... probably why we will never see any good cheats again and why SP lacks the kind of freedom the pre-online titles did. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Too many concessions to online... probably why we will never see any good cheats again and why SP lacks the kind of freedom the pre-online titles did. 

You're connecting Online to lack of cheats? Alrighty...

And what do you mean lack of freedom? I can still do whatever I want in this game.

mikecyclexxx
  • mikecyclexxx

The Shootist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

In my opinion, GTA online took too much priority.

Yea it's all well and good they wanted to make something revolutionary, but there's no way that online is more important than single player.

Plus the story is so terrible, it makes not much sense and is way way way too short and doesn't explore enough of the map for a game this big.

As many people have said we only see probably 60% if that of the map in the story.

And why only have interiors in missions? Plus the robbing of stores from online should be in SP.

All this being said, I still play everyday and enjoy the hell out of it.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Plus the robbing of stores from online should be in SP.

It is.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:17 AM Edited by Officer Ronson, 31 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

What most of the people dont seem to understand here is that nothing from SP that was sacrificed for online.

There are different teams that are assigned each one to complete a task, there's the storyboard, the visual effects, the content, minigames, interfaces, visual arts, pedestrian modeling, building modeling, the vehicle dept... there is a lot and much of it went to SP. Online was though of at later stages during development. Thats when they hired the MP team and this team took a lot of time and wasn't able to go out with the release of GTA V.

• TheMasterfocker and Osho like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

why isn't gta v like san andreas? it just isnt as good and doesn't have that gta feel.

Umm..... Not being rude but did you play the game? You're a PC player and you post frequently in the PC thread, how do you know that "V isn't good as SA"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users