Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why was GTA V So Dissapointing

177 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on GTA V (265 member(s) have cast votes)

Why was GTA V so disappointing?

1. I thought it was going to be Game of the Millennium (24 votes [9.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

2. Trevor killing [SPOILER] (1 votes [0.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. GTA San Andreas is KING! (8 votes [3.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

4. GTA Online (20 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

5. The Story SUCKS (26 votes [9.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.81%

6. Not enough side content (18 votes [6.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.79%

7. V was pretty good (74 votes [27.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.92%

8. What are you talking about, V is the best game EVER (75 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

9. Other (19 votes [7.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Well, no matter how much stuff I complain about the game, it's still the only game I play, and I play it everyday. I just really had high expectations for the game since this was my first GTA that I followed from day 1, and bought at midnight release...I know better for next time tho...
  • GúnZinEss and iainspad like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by Official General, 15 January 2014 - 11:30 AM.

@ woggleman

Yep, also be on the lookout for 'GTAVI handling sux, I miss V's' and 'Why only one protag?' complaints.

There's no end to people complaining about being given exactly what they asked for. Plus apparently it's cool to complain about stuff these days...I guess they think it makes them look like they got taste...

I certainly don't fall into that category. If I complained about anything, it was because I genuinely felt the need to do so. I was very much hoping for GTA V to be the GTAs of all GTAs, believe me, I wish I had no complaints at all. I could not give a f*ck about looking cool or looking like I got taste - I just wanted the game to fully meet my expectations, and that's the truth. 

And like I said, if VI is worse than V and makes no improvement on it, then there will be more complaints of a similar nature. If that happens, there nothing really to look out for, it's something to be naturally expected. 

See that is my point. You were expecting the GTA's of all GTA and you need to realize that there is no such thing. "GTA's of all GTA" is a very vague term. There is no such thing as the best GTA. Every GTA has its own faults and merits. Since GTA is different to everyone, what is one person's ultimate GTA is different from another's. Just look at some people loving IV's driving and others hating it. So expecting an ultimate GTA is an impossible wish.

Now if you had just expected a pretty good GTA that has both faults and positives, you would be less disapointed.

Nope, sorry, I disagree. To some people, a certain people, a certain GTA might just be best GTA. You cannot dictate what defines that, it's down to personal and subjective opinions. I still personally think that Vice City was the best GTA ever. 

My big expectations for GTA V were realistic and valid. The game looked amazing graphically in the screenshots, the map was huge, there were 3 protagonists for the first time, the previews promised so much stuff, like big heists involving detailed planning, a new and extensive 'economy system', and Rockstar claimed they had learned from so many of their mistakes from GTA IV that made many people critical of IV before, and were set on making improvements on them. 

Go ahead and defend Rockstar all you want to and blame me as the customer, it don't matter to me. All I know is that I really feel I was led to believe that V was gonna be one incredible game in either every way or almost every way. I followed the previews and pre-hype closely and everything pointed to that. But V could not even manage to excel in areas over IV, in addition to not meeting some of my expectations. Yes, I still really liked playing V, but the hard fact for me, is that is failed to meet my expectations, when by it every means to do so. 

• nobum62 likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

reminds me of the legend of spyro wars,,,,,

when a new beginning was released...."gam s to esey! mak it HARDER!" the eternal night came: from all of a sudden people returned to the first one bitching "gam s HARD! mak it esey!" dawn of the dragon came. AGAIN, people returned back to the previous game "y we cant fly higher? screw you Seria! game is easy!"

:sui:

back on topic: its impossible to find a [enter GTA title here] clone, so people will bitch and moan about it all day long. especially in thsi one:

people bitched about IV;s handling (I'm one of them....) as its was too heavy. GTA has NEVER been about a realistic driving. it was about the arcady driving (which IV lacked) later after V, people complained about the driving being not like IV....

hey, wait. ain't YOU wanted the arcady driving back? :dozing: if you liked the driving system of IV, then why did you complained about it at the first place? :monocle:

anyways this is the best GTA yet. :^:

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

hmm the only thing that frustrates me is aiming, i can't figure out how to switch from target to target and aiming sensitivity is always the same it feels like.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:28 AM Edited by Official General, 15 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

@SoL The whole purchasing property deal is most likely a last minute addition, thrown in there just to for the sake of it being in there. The whole system serves zero purpose and could just as well have been left out.

GTA V is not disappointing overall. It is just lacking in certain parts I deem pivotal.

It doesn't even fit the story very well. I mean in VC and SA it was interwoven with the plots. Tommy bought all of those businesses because it was vital to his empire. Similar thing with CJ.

In GTA V though the only two properties that make some sense is the towing compound for Franklin and the Mackenzie Airfield hanger for Trevor. Everything else is useless and serves no purpose to the story. They're not trying to "take over" like Tommy and CJ were.

It just seems like something to be used as an excuse to make money more useful, but it still feels out of place like it doesn't belong there to me.

Exactly. There really is no reason for them to purchase a business. By the end of the story they're all multi-millionaires. Which once more doesn't mean a lot. Money still doesn't really have any purpose, sure you can buy vehicles (most of them you can steal pick up for free), purchase goods to customize cars, clothing, tattoos but that's pretty much it, and even that isn't really something to write home about. It truly baffles me that Meta was able to come up with tons of good doable ideas to make money work, whilst the developers of the game only were able to rehash what has been done countless times before. 

This deserves a separate response. I totally agreed with you two  :^:  :^:

I've mentioned this before myself. People defending GTA V have pointed out that business properties were back, but other people still complain about the game. Well, business properties is all well good in the game when it actually serves a constructive purpose. When it does not do that, the feature becomes practically useless, as it was the case in V. Leaving out buying real estate property was a very poor decision on Rockstar's part - that for me ended one half of money's usefulness in the game. Franklin at least, should never have just been given a property, he should have been made to pay for it, and even better yet, had the choice of what property he wanted. 

First of all, you cannot even enter the interior of your business, which was very stupid - because of this, you don't really connect with it or feel like it's really yours. Like Son Of Liberty said, it would have been much better experience if your business somehow were interwoven in with the story, or even just side mission-style stories like we saw in VC and SA. You hardly earn enough money throughout most of the game to even buy a business before the game's end, and when you do, the profit returns are so damn slow to come through. If we were able to afford to buy businesses early on in the game, and there were regular profit returns to gradually increase our income to buy even more nice things, then this would have meant money had more use to the player. No, you are only able to buy most properties and expensive stuff by the end of the game when you become a multimillionaire (that does not really need the hassle of managing and own multiple businesses by that stage) - once again, money becomes of little use in V, just like it was in IV, and this was something we really hoped V would improve upon. There was no real incentive to earn money, apart from what you got from heists. 

To sum it up, the whole business property system was a poorly implemented feature with very mediocre effort put into it. 

• Choco Taco, Raavi, Osho and 1 other like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel too General. There's no feeling of "I have it all" in GTA V because it just doesn't feel like something that belongs there.

I remember buying The Malibu Club in VC for the first time feeling I had just topped the world. Buying one of the nightclubs in GTA V for example is just "meh " and it's mostly because we can't actually enter them. Just stand out side looking at another flat texture we just paid over $500,000 for and can't do sh*t. Pretty ridiculous hey?
  • Choco Taco, Osho and nobum62 like this

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

I am asking this question because every time I go on the forums it seems like every other post is ranting about how boring and broken gta v is. I thought it was at the least a pretty decent game. I think the main reason people hate it is because everyone was so hyped about the game. I remember people claiming it "Game of the Generation!" and having mini heart attacks at each screenshot. The hype was so high that even if R* did make the perfect best game ever, some people would be disappointed. Ironically, most of gta v hate comes from gta fans, because they are the ones who would've been the most hyped. Those who weren't as hyped are the ones who actually liked it.

I am also kind of annoyed with the "nostalgia-goggle cycle" on this forum. I remember when GTA IV was first out. When I first played it, (even though I personally loved it) my experience was almost ruined by all the negativity. I thought GTA IV was going to have game breaking controls, ridiculous driving, and missions so boring I was gonna fall asleep. People were going on and on about the "horrible" driving. But now that GTA V is out, all of a sudden people are worshiping IV driving and all around treating that game like a god. Don't get me wrong, but where was all this love before? Even though I wasn't here, I can assume that something similar went on when San Andreas came out. People were probably hating on it, too. And I will make a prediction that when GTA VI comes out, everyone will all of a sudden love GTA V.
Or maybe there isn't a "nostalgia-goggle cycle", but only people getting over their original hype and learning to love the game for what it is.

But, back to the original question, I have included a poll, but if your reason is not on it, feel free to post. By the way don't turn this thread into a bashing contest, I just want to know other people's opinions.

GTA IV's handling worshipped by the people who actually liked it; the number is way more massive than the haters, the haters didn't just suddenly start worshipping it, they're still pussies and they'll stay that way.

I really liked GTA V, it wasn't a disappointment, it was very well made, it was better than IV gameplay-wise, in many ways, but I didn't have a story that could hit someone, that's why IV was way better. Only 1 aspect can "turn the world around". (Although I preferred In more than 1 aspect)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by Official General, 15 January 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel too General. There's no feeling of "I have it all" in GTA V because it just doesn't feel like something that belongs there.

I remember buying The Malibu Club in VC for the first time feeling I had just topped the world. Buying one of the nightclubs in GTA V for example is just "meh " and it's mostly because we can't actually enter them. Just stand out side looking at another flat texture we just paid over $500,000 for and can't do sh*t. Pretty ridiculous hey?

Yeah I felt the same way about the Malibu Club in Vice City. I really felt like I was a supreme entrepreneur after that buying it. I can remember Tommy could even go upstairs to his own office as the club owner, and I really loved that, it just added to the feeling of ownership even more. 

It's very ridiculous indeed, you just pay all that money for a nice exterior just to gaze at. And the very sad sad thing is that the Tequi-La-La looked like a real nice nightspot on both the outside and inside. I really wish I was able to enter it and manage it like we could do in the Club Management activities in TBOGT. What a great shame man. Luis never even owned the club, but you still felt like it was your own domain, because you enter it, have it a good time and actively run the place. 

As much as I really hated this fact and annoyed by it, I was still able to understand why GTA IV had no ability to buy business or properties, because to be fair, Rockstar stated it this from the start in early previews, and they made no change to their stance in it. Their reasons were that it was not something that was suited to the game's story and it's protagonists, so IV can get away with it for most part. 

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

For me, I can't say I was disappointed with GTAV but I think there's a sense from playing the game that they essentially grafted a 10/10 game to a 9.5 game and an 8.8 game. It's like playing GTAIV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, and Lost And the Damned altogether at once with all of the flaws of those games.

It's a massive-massive game so there's lots and lots to like but the size of the game doesn't disguise the bad bits either.

GTAIV isn't remotely as fun as GTAV in many places but it was also a lot TIGHTER game. If it was Goodfellas or the Godfather, GTAV is the 4 season crime drama on television like Burn Notice or Leverege.

Now I love both and I got lots and lots of hours of entertainment from the latter but I can't say it feels CLASSIC either. GTAV looks ultra-realistic but it's a lot of paintings with less things to do in-between them. It's sad when I want to taxi everywhere because it takes so long to get where you want to go.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

This thread is depressing.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

You were not forced to come here bro. Un-depress yourself by leaving. 

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

You were not forced to come here bro. Un-depress yourself by leaving. 
I will stay like all the people who hate this game yet still post on GTAF everyday.
  • Lucchese likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, at least property buying was in Gta IV. Oh wait. :pp

OT: People hated IV when it first came out, now since V's release people have been saying that IV is "the besst gayme evar". The same thing will happen if VI gets released. As someone here mentioned, it's a never-ending cycle that repeats itself over and over and over.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by Charles Phipps, 15 January 2014 - 02:05 PM.

People complain about things they like more passionately than they do about stuff they hate.

That's how these things roll.

People loved GTAIV and thought it was the best game ever made. You just get more mileage in threads by saying how much you hate going to get beers with Roman.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, at least property buying was in Gta IV. Oh wait. :pp.

The most important thing to remember here my friend is whilst GTA IV doesn't have purchasable property it was better to be left out rather than be rushed into the game.;)

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, at least property buying was in Gta IV. Oh wait. :pp.

The most important thing to remember here my friend is whilst GTA IV doesn't have purchasable property it was better to be left out rather than be rushed into the game. ;)

I-disagree-with-you2.jpg

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by AceKingston, 15 January 2014 - 02:15 PM.

I remember buying The Malibu Club in VC for the first time feeling I had just topped the world.

I haven't played V yet because I am a PC gamer but I agree with you on that point SoL. I really liked the way how businesses were done in Vice, when I got the asset and the Diaz's mansion in the island, it felt really rewarding. It felt epic to walk through the $ sign and take the cash and I really liked the idea that you can only get the full money if you wait for a period of time. Very well done IMO.
  • SonOfLiberty and Official General like this

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

there was nothing to enter other than your own house and a few shops. Even the sims felt more advanced than this. Might as well ask EA to create the next gta.....

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I think "Nostalgia" is the reason why the Fans of the 2D Era and 3D Era Classic GTAs dont like the HD Era Games,not Just GTA 5 but GTA 4,TLAD,TBoGT,CTW and yes GTA 5.Tbh that needs to stop,because i can mention what the HD Era Games brought to the Series.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think "Nostalgia" is the reason why the Fans of the 2D Era and 3D Era Classic GTAs dont like the HD Era Games,not Just GTA 5 but GTA 4,TLAD,TBoGT,CTW and yes GTA 5.Tbh that needs to stop,because i can mention what the HD Era Games brought to the Series.

What? I enjoyed GTA IV even though I have great memories with Vice City and San Andreas. As a matter of fact I've enjoyed every GTA game up-to date.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

What? I enjoyed GTA IV even though I have great memories with Vice City and San Andreas. As a matter of fact I've enjoyed every GTA game up-to date.

Great reply bro.but others cant take off their Nostalgia Glasses off.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I voted GTA Online, because perhaps it received so much attention that R* left SP with glitches and cut content. They should have focused more on SP prior to launch, then do what they needed for Online. Most of us prefer SP anyway.

vengenceniko
  • vengenceniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I am asking this question because every time I go on the forums it seems like every other post is ranting about how boring and broken gta v is. I thought it was at the least a pretty decent game. I think the main reason people hate it is because everyone was so hyped about the game. I remember people claiming it "Game of the Generation!" and having mini heart attacks at each screenshot. The hype was so high that even if R* did make the perfect best game ever, some people would be disappointed. Ironically, most of gta v hate comes from gta fans, because they are the ones who would've been the most hyped. Those who weren't as hyped are the ones who actually liked it.

I am also kind of annoyed with the "nostalgia-goggle cycle" on this forum. I remember when GTA IV was first out. When I first played it, (even though I personally loved it) my experience was almost ruined by all the negativity. I thought GTA IV was going to have game breaking controls, ridiculous driving, and missions so boring I was gonna fall asleep. People were going on and on about the "horrible" driving. But now that GTA V is out, all of a sudden people are worshiping IV driving and all around treating that game like a god. Don't get me wrong, but where was all this love before? Even though I wasn't here, I can assume that something similar went on when San Andreas came out. People were probably hating on it, too. And I will make a prediction that when GTA VI comes out, everyone will all of a sudden love GTA V.

Or maybe there isn't a "nostalgia-goggle cycle", but only people getting over their original hype and learning to love the game for what it is.

But, back to the original question, I have included a poll, but if your reason is not on it, feel free to post. By the way don't turn this thread into a bashing contest, I just want to know other people's opinions.

Matey, the title of your thread should be: "Why did I find GTA V so disappointing. Believe it or not, there are millions of people out there who love the game.

Read my post... I said I like the game I just want know why those who don't.

Eks
  • Eks

Cousin, it is your Cousin!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like GTA V. A lot.

I just wish there were more side missions (firetruck, ambulance, etc) and also....

WHY DON'T WE HAVE 10 CAR GARAGES IN SINGLE PLAYER?!

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, I felt Rockstar let the fans down. Announcing the release and failing to release the game twice and the amount of errors which occurred in online. That sucked.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I've got a few complaints about V, but I still think it's one of the better games out there right now. My biggest complaint is how they tried to do too many things at once and ended up half assing most of it leaving the finished product feeling more like a demo, hopefully future updates and DLC will fix that feeling.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

f*cking spoilers, eat sh*t and die please.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by Lucchese, 15 January 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Oh how I do love it whenever these polls crop up. It's always a very warm and fuzzy feeling when the results continually reflect that the whiner's, hater's, and trolls are the screeching minority. Whenever I think this forum has fallen into the entitled hands of that spoiled demographic, I always have to remind myself of these here polls and how they demonstrate otherwise. Thank god. Yet we still have the same old usual culprits who claim their personal grievances are universal opinions...

First of all, properties: like somebody else in this thread pointed out, the whole concept felt rushed and thrown in at the last minute, and wouldn't be missed had the whole thing been left out. In which case, why is it such a game breaker for you if it's so irrelevant? Sure, I too felt a little pissed that R* threw most of the interiors into MP, but it's not something to go out my way to grudge about, and it's certainly in no way something that ruined my overall enjoyment. Let's take a look at IV for a moment: the original title never had any enterable clubs or disco's or whatnot, and nobody bitched about this (well maybe except the SA kids - but they just whinged about everything...), and these immersive interiors were saved for the dlc. How do we know the same's not being done with V, ie the casino etc? Simple answer: we don't. I know it's difficult for you guys who didn't get your little gang wars or drug dealing or any other generic crap to stop venting your bitterness on this forum everyday, but how about reserving judgement on the property aspect until all dlc has been released. Also, some people are bringing up the Malibu in VC; we had a strip club in V.

GTAV is the best videogame I've ever played, no contest.

I think the disappointment comes with unrealistic expectations, plain and simple. If you build anything up in your head, reality will always bitch slap you back to planet earth.

I have my complaints with the game, but I'm still playing it almost every single day.

You and I have have had our debates, but it's great to see we can both share the same great appreciation of this game.

• Because it isn't GTA San Andreas HD.
  • Because it is a gameplay focused game.
  • Because all 'gamers' do nowadays is worry about the story in a game.
  • Because a lot of people on these forums are a bunch of whiners.

In all seriousness though, I was anything but disappointed with the game and I agree with you, people need to take off the nostalgia goggles.

Those bullet points there pretty much sum up the majority of whining this forum faces on a daily basis.

• SmoothGetaway and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

It's a shame there's no chainsaw here. The things I would do with it at the strip club...

vengenceniko
  • vengenceniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by vengenceniko, 15 January 2014 - 10:03 PM.

The game was practically holding your hand the whole time, especially thanks to the checkpoints (thankfully I always retried the missions from the beginning after each death instead of starting from the last checkpoint. 

I would much rather that the game held my hand then be extremely difficult. If you played some of the 3D era games you would know what I'm saying. They made me want to rip my hair off. Not only that but there were NO checkpoints.

-There's too much underutilized space. We have a prison, military base, several small islands, and many nature trails 

I think the point of that was to encourage you to explore. It would be no fun if they already showed you everything in the game with the missions.Then the game would feel empty.  I actually like it that way because then when I explore there is a chance I might see something new.

It's sad when I want to taxi everywhere because it takes so long to get where you want to go.

You know you could just skip.

See that is my point. You were expecting the GTA's of all GTA and you need to realize that there is no such thing. "GTA's of all GTA" is a very vague term. There is no such thing as the best GTA. Every GTA has its own faults and merits. Since GTA is different to everyone, what is one person's ultimate GTA is different from another's. Just look at some people loving IV's driving and others hating it. So expecting an ultimate GTA is an impossible wish.

Now if you had just expected a pretty good GTA that has both faults and positives, you would be less disappointed.

Nope, sorry, I disagree. To some people, a certain people, a certain GTA might just be best GTA. You cannot dictate what defines that, it's down to personal and subjective opinions. I still personally think that Vice City was the best GTA ever. 

My big expectations for GTA V were realistic and valid. The game looked amazing graphically in the screenshots, the map was huge, there were 3 protagonists for the first time, the previews promised so much stuff, like big heists involving detailed planning, a new and extensive 'economy system', and Rockstar claimed they had learned from so many of their mistakes from GTA IV that made many people critical of IV before, and were set on making improvements on them. 

Go ahead and defend Rockstar all you want to and blame me as the customer, it don't matter to me. All I know is that I really feel I was led to believe that V was gonna be one incredible game in either every way or almost every way. I followed the previews and pre-hype closely and everything pointed to that. But V could not even manage to excel in areas over IV, in addition to not meeting some of my expectations. Yes, I still really liked playing V, but the hard fact for me, is that is failed to meet my expectations, when by it every means to do so. 

First of all, the economy is much improved from IV. Secondly, that is what I am saying. There is no official best GTA. Everyone has different tastes. So there could be someone who thought GTA V exceeded expectations, while another thinking of it as a disappointment. So I am trying to say that Rockstar couldn't possibly have reached everyone's expectations. Even when VI is comes out, there will be a group of people whose tastes Rockstar won't meet. There was no way GTA V could have been a perfect or superior-in-almost-everything type of GTA. It was always going to just to be a good GTA with features that are amazing to some, but faults for others.

And btw don't listen to the previews too much, they hype the guts out of every game. A preview can make the worst game ever sound good. The other problem with them is that they are like tall tales. They have missing a lot of info so your imagination (or the writer) fills in the blanks, and then you think the game is going to be in a certain way. Later you realize that your imagination (or the writer) was actually wrong and that leads to disappointment (in that regard they are similar to movie trailers) 

And think of GTA games like flavors of an ice cream or something. GTA V is a different flavor from the other ones. Just because someone tells you it is extremely good doesn't mean you should have high expectations for it. You know there are many people who love chocolate and others hate it, and some who kind of like it. Just because an ice cream maker says that a new flavor is awesome, you should always leave room for the chance you might not like it, even though others might like it. That way you won't be super disappointed.

• Lucchese and Bonnano like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users