Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why was GTA V So Dissapointing

177 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on GTA V (265 member(s) have cast votes)

Why was GTA V so disappointing?

1. I thought it was going to be Game of the Millennium (24 votes [9.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

2. Trevor killing [SPOILER] (1 votes [0.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. GTA San Andreas is KING! (8 votes [3.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

4. GTA Online (20 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

5. The Story SUCKS (26 votes [9.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.81%

6. Not enough side content (18 votes [6.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.79%

7. V was pretty good (74 votes [27.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.92%

8. What are you talking about, V is the best game EVER (75 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

9. Other (19 votes [7.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:20 AM Edited by Proletariat, 15 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

Yep, hands down, GTA V is the best video game I have played. I don't care if all the f*ckers here complain about the driving physics (as if those idiots actually understand driving physics) or if the bitch about Yoga (I'm talking about you Official General =)), because the PURE amount of FUN I had with GTA V's missions is incomparable. The diaogue and intriguing storyline made it oh so good. All the characters are perhaps some of the most memeorable GTA V characters, especially Trevor (yes, Official General, Trevor is a GREAT, repeat, GREAT, Video Game character). The beauty of the map, the diveristy and variety of missions, the fun side activities, and the endless hours of pulling out 5 stars on trains, makes GTA V one of the best games this generation. No other game (besides IV, Skyrim, and RDR) even compare to GTA V. IN that respect, GTA V is a masterpiece. A masterpiece DOES NOT have to be flawless if those flaws MINIMALLY affect the game. And no, the Driving Physics do not take away from the game whatsoever (how many times does it have to be shoved down your throats that GTA IV had EXTREMELY unrealistic physics as well). So yea, the people who are actually complaining are some of the lowest low-lifes you have ever seen. Self-entitled brats who are spolied to the core with luxuries people in other parts of the world don't have. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Yep, hands down, GTA V is the best video game I have played. I don't care if all the f*ckers here complain about the driving physics (as if those idiots actually understand driving physics) or if the bitch about Yoga (I'm talking about you Official General =)), because the PURE amount of FUN I had with GTA V's missions is incomparable. The diaogue and intriguing storyline made it oh so good. All the characters are perhaps some of the most memeorable GTA V characters, especially Trevor (yes, Official General, Trevor is a GREAT, repeat, GREAT, Video Game character). The beauty of the map, the diveristy and variety of missions, the fun side activities, and the endless hours of pulling out 5 stars on trains, makes GTA V one of the best games this generation. No other game (besides IV, Skyrim, and RDR) even compare to GTA V. IN that respect, GTA V is a masterpiece. A masterpiece DOES NOT have to be flawless if those flaws MINIMALLY affect the game. And no, the Driving Physics do not take away from the game whatsoever (how many times does it have to be shoved down your throats that GTA IV had EXTREMELY unrealistic physics as well). So yea, the people who are actually complaining are some of the lowest low-lifes you have ever seen. Self-entitled brats who are spolied to the core with luxuries people in other parts of the world don't have. 

That's nice. Calling people lowest low-lifes for expressing complaints. What's wrong with you? I don't see anything wrong with someone thinking GTA V is a masterpiece, but think about how you're going to come across before expressing it.

• SmoothGetaway and Ixnay like this

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

I agree with several comments here that recognize that a new GTA is always a mix of gains and losses.  Everybody has their favorite features and wish lists and Rockstar can't possibly satisfy everyone.

• SmoothGetaway, ten-a-penny and vengenceniko like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:36 AM Edited by Proletariat, 15 January 2014 - 03:38 AM.

That's nice. Calling people lowest life forms for expressing complaints. What's wrong with you? I don't see anything wrong with someone thinking GTA V is a masterpiece, but think about how you're going to come across before expressing it.

You misunderstand sir. Expressing complaints that they assert MAKE or BREAK the game. I simply don't see HOW?WHy people can complain about the little things that went awry in GTA V when they know the scope and breadth of producing such a game. It baffles me how people can even ctricize a game like this for NON-CONESEQUENTIAL factors. That's why I tend to trust Critic Reviews for any game (not for movies though) because they look for little sh*t like Driving Physics and Yoga as a make or break factor. THey don't look a lack of activities (like gang wars or gang related missions). ALl they look for is how well the game delivered on what it said was going to deliver. They look at the story, dialogue, map, graphical fidelity, etc. The main reason i joined this forum was to discuss GTA V and my love for it with like-minded people. Instead, I see mainly whiners who had unrealistic expectations of the game bash GTA V as much as possible over every little detail. 

Sorry SonOfLibery, next time I will word my posts carefully so as not to offend anyone. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

That's nice. Calling people lowest life forms for expressing complaints. What's wrong with you? I don't see anything wrong with someone thinking GTA V is a masterpiece, but think about how you're going to come across before expressing it.

You misunderstand sir. Expressing complaints that they assert MAKE or BREAK the game. I simply don't see HOW?WHy people can complain about the little things that went awry in GTA V when they know the scope and breadth of producing such a game. It baffles me how people can even ctricize a game like this for NON-CONESEQUENTIAL factors. That's why I tend to trust Critic Reviews for any game (not for movies though) because they look for little sh*t like Driving Physics and Yoga as a make or break factor. THey don't look a lack of activities (like gang wars or gang related missions). ALl they look for is how well the game delivered on what it said was going to deliver. They look at the story, dialogue, map, graphical fidelity, etc. The main reason i joined this forum was to discuss GTA V and my love for it with like-minded people. Instead, I see mainly whiners who had unrealistic expectations of the game bash GTA V as much as possible over every little detail. And then they think they are superior for bashing GTA V when they reconcile it with the fact that previous GTAs were better. 

Sorry SonOfLibery, next time I will word my posts carefully so as not to offend anyone. 

I really don't see why you had to target specific members such as Official General for his gripes with the game though. I mean it's all subjective. General doesn't like Trevor, the lack of gang wars or yoga in the game. No need to slant the guy for no reason.

For the record I don't considering driving physics a "little thing". To me GTA V's driving physics feel like they're apart some cheap, arcade racer PS2 game and I'm not one who disliked GTA IV's physics and all of a sudden became a fan overnight either.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

GTA V wasn't disappointing. GTA:O was to some extent, but not GTA V. Granted, I didn't have unrealistically high hopes like many did. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

@SonOfLiberty

There were a lot of little details that seemed to be missing in IV that are kinda obvious to see in V. I won't name them just because I don't really want to start an argument.

Also for the Property Management in eirlier games they counted as full missions just to have revenue at the end, after that the property was kinda useless. As for the ones that had Side-activites (SA) I remember those being drive from A to B Missions.

OT:

My only wish for the game was for it to have a big pool of Law agencies and vehicles and it did. Worked for me, I love the game and I love almost every single aspect of it although they could of had done better in some of those but bah, who cares they can fix it.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

This game is boring for boring people.  I can literally just drive around the hood in my cavalcade with no problem.

Gta can be anything you want if you have an imagination.
Wanna be a policeman? Steal a cruiser and stop random muggings
Wanna be a gangster? Play as frank and wear green apparel and ride around the hood on a bmx while chop follows you.
Gta is 100x if you have an imagination

Exactly!  If you can dream it, gta can do it.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by Johacamigames, 15 January 2014 - 03:57 AM.

The game was pretty good, but compared to GTA IV it was a downgrade (TO ME) aside from the new features it really didn't add much value to the game.

The story was also extremely short compared to GTA IV and the amount of activities the game had wasn't enough to last more than 80 hours or so (which of course is still a huge number of hours, 

but with all the hype R* were giving us the last 3 years I'd expect it to be twice as long as how long it took me to 100% GTA IV.)

The game was practically holding your hand the whole time, especially thanks to the checkpoints (thankfully I always retried the missions from the beginning after each death instead of starting from the last checkpoint. 

Online was also terribly hyped up, ended up giving up on it as soon as I finally reached rank 100. Possibly the future DLCs for both game modes will make me change my mind but out of the gate it was just not as great as I thought it would be.

• Ermac. and Ixnay like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Also for the Property Management in eirlier games they counted as full missions just to have revenue at the end, after that the property was kinda useless. As for the ones that had Side-activites (SA) I remember those being drive from A to B Missions.

Which is basically what the properties are in GTA V. Most of the property missions are drive to point A or B to collect something or to stop someone from stealing money. Really generic and bland. At least in VC and SA they could be done at anytime and didn't harass players with texts to do them.

I just think it was rushed without much thought that's all.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

@SonOfLiberty

If I remember right there were Gang Attacks too, there was the Dildo Dodo alike mission for the threaters, there was the weed supply for the SOTW Shop in which you would randomly get chased by the cops because they though you were ilegal transporting other kinds of drugs.

I didn't feel like it was rushed. I felt like the Pizzaboy mission in San Andreas for the Burger shot restaurant in LV didn't make sense at all and was rushed.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

@SoL The whole purchasing property deal is most likely a last minute addition, thrown in there just to for the sake of it being in there. The whole system serves zero purpose and could just as well have been left out.

GTA V is not disappointing overall. It is just lacking in certain parts I deem pivotal.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

The property serving zero purpose in V is better than the friendships in IV, which only served one purpose: to be a chore. You work for the perks, then if you don't keep up the relationship you lose them. Its like babysitting your contacts.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

@SoL The whole purchasing property deal is most likely a last minute addition, thrown in there just to for the sake of it being in there. The whole system serves zero purpose and could just as well have been left out.

GTA V is not disappointing overall. It is just lacking in certain parts I deem pivotal.

It doesn't even fit the story very well. I mean in VC and SA it was interwoven with the plots. Tommy bought all of those businesses because it was vital to his empire. Similar thing with CJ.

In GTA V though the only two properties that make some sense is the towing compound for Franklin and the Mackenzie Airfield hangar for Trevor. Everything else is useless and serves no purpose to the story. They're not trying to "take over" like Tommy and CJ were.

It just seems like something to be used as an excuse to make money more useful, but it still feels out of place like it doesn't belong there to me.

• Xcommunicated likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:17 AM Edited by AceKingston, 15 January 2014 - 04:17 AM.

I don't think it's disappointing, a lot of the guys from other sites actually like the game. It's still the 2nd most played game on PSN, it beat COD to become the most played game on the Xbox 360, It has a score of 8.2 on metacritic despite all the 0 troll reviews. It's just that most people here over here overhyped the game, if anyone who was here for most of the GTA V wait like me will know what I am talking about. People watching the game trailer 5 times everyday, all those topics about your 'hype' level, the wishlist thread etc.

• ten-a-penny likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

there should be multiple options for this poll.

one reason i found gta 5 disappointing is the heists. half of them you don't make any profit at all. half of the heists you were also working for the FIB (which wouldn't be so bad if it was just one heist, but the FIB heists take up 3/6). come on, these are robberies. in a robbery you'd usually be working for no one but yourself.

also the heists really lacked the creativity rockstar hyped them to be. you don't have a choice on how you plan the heist except option A or B. loud and obvious or sneaky and smart.

also, during the game, the big one was hyped up to be this impossible task but once I played the big score i felt it was too f*cking easy. it was not an intense mission either.

I don't think it's disappointing, a lot of the guys from other sites actually like the game. It's still the 2nd most played game on PSN, it beat COD to become the most played game on the Xbox 360, It has a score of 8.2 on metacritic despite all the 0 troll reviews.

what. 

high ratings + lots of ppl playing the game =/= good game

k

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

It doesn't even fit the story very well. I mean in VC and SA it was interwoven with the plots. Tommy bought all of those businesses because it was vital to his empire. Similar thing with CJ.

In GTA V though the only two properties that make some sense is the towing compound for Franklin and the Mackenzie Airfield hangar for Trevor. Everything else is useless and serves no purpose to the story. They're not trying to "take over" like Tommy and CJ were.

It just seems like something to be used as an excuse to make money more useful, but it still feels out of place like it doesn't belong there to me.

I think properties fit for Trevor, doesn't matter which. Like, expanding TPI into other things and eventually controlling San Andreas.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by AceKingston, 15 January 2014 - 04:24 AM.

I never said that, I cannot said that either because I haven't played the game since I am a PC gamer. I am only saying that not even 5% of the Community think it's a disappointment. People here overhyped the game and it's an obvious fact to be honest.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

In GTA V though the only two properties that make some sense is the towing compound for Franklin and the Mackenzie Airfield hanger for Trevor. Everything else is useless and serves no purpose to the story. They're not trying to "take over" like Tommy and CJ were.

Exactly. There really is no reason for them to purchase a business. By the end of the story they're all multi-millionaires. Which once more doesn't mean a lot. Money still doesn't really have any purpose, sure you can buy vehicles (most of them you can steal pick up for free), purchase goods to customize cars, clothing, tattoos but that's pretty much it, and even that isn't really something to write home about. It truly baffles me that Meta was able to come up with tons of good doable ideas to make money work, whilst the developers of the game only were able to rehash what has been done countless times before. 

• Xcommunicated likes this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:33 AM

Why is this thread even here? At least half of this board is just complaining about how GTAV isn't GTAIV 2.0, or SA 2.0, do we really need to INVITE more whining?

I suggested the "Official Complaining Thread" 3 months ago but nobody listened to me

at least I think we can all agree that the cash cards f*cked things up pretty bad

all the problems = cash cards

and don't ask me why, because that's my opinion and i am right

Bullsh*t, because cash cards aren't exactly a problem here and they aren't responsible for numerous glitches and exploits. Sure, they're giving R* more money but it's not a necessity. I can make $60–$100K in 2 hours on GTAO by doing various things, it's simple.

but the hackers giving billions are a response to the microtransactions (and all the nerfs)

You think they're all robin hood and sh*t?

Cash cards or not GTAO was a big target for modding long before it was even announced let alone the microtransactions.
Even if cash cards didn't ever exist and GTAO had a perfect economy there would always be people trying to mod or hack.

Remember GTA IV? the multiplayer didn't have any perks dependent on one's rank yet it was modded to hell on consoles.

Just shut up about the cash cards already, people. Like who the f*ck even took them seriously. It is easy to make money on GTAO.

• SmoothGetaway, vengenceniko and iainspad like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I never said that, I cannot said that either because I haven't played the game since I am a PC gamer. I am only saying that not even 5% of the Community think it's a disappointment. People here overhyped the game and it's an obvious fact to be honest.

ah, my bad

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

beacuase there is no co-op.

that would be fun.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by Rock Howard, 15 January 2014 - 05:03 AM.

I am asking this question because every time I go on the forums it seems like every other post is ranting about how boring and broken gta v is. I thought it was at the least a pretty decent game. I think the main reason people hate it is because everyone was so hyped about the game. I remember people claiming it "Game of the Generation!" and having mini heart attacks at each screenshot. The hype was so high that even if R* did make the perfect best game ever, some people would be disappointed. Ironically, most of gta v hate comes from gta fans, because they are the ones who would've been the most hyped. Those who weren't as hyped are the ones who actually liked it.

I am also kind of annoyed with the "nostalgia-goggle cycle" on this forum. I remember when GTA IV was first out. When I first played it, (even though I personally loved it) my experience was almost ruined by all the negativity. I thought GTA IV was going to have game breaking controls, ridiculous driving, and missions so boring I was gonna fall asleep. People were going on and on about the "horrible" driving. But now that GTA V is out, all of a sudden people are worshiping IV driving and all around treating that game like a god. Don't get me wrong, but where was all this love before? Even though I wasn't here, I can assume that something similar went on when San Andreas came out. People were probably hating on it, too. And I will make a prediction that when GTA VI comes out, everyone will all of a sudden love GTA V.

Or maybe there isn't a "nostalgia-goggle cycle", but only people getting over their original hype and learning to love the game for what it is.

But, back to the original question, I have included a poll, but if your reason is not on it, feel free to post. By the way don't turn this thread into a bashing contest, I just want to know other people's opinions.

Matey, the title of your thread should be: "Why did I find GTA V so disappointing. Believe it or not, there are millions of people out there who love the game.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

After playing through the game twice now, here are some of the things that made V my new favorite GTA:

• Motorcycle handling - feels vastly improved over IV. I love the way the bikes lean around corners.
  • Vehicle handling - while I really enjoyed IV's handling, V's handling still feels great.  Nothing like going hill topping out in the countryside with a Gauntlet.
  • water physics - swimming and boating are a lot of fun now.
  • aviation - when flying planes makes me lean in my seat, that's a highly interactive experience.
  • golf - simple, relaxing and hilarious.  I had a lot of fun with this mini game.

and tons of other stuff.

I will agree that one major weakness in V is the property purchasing.  It could have been better interwoven into the storyline or continued the storyline for each character after the completion of the main story.  As it is, it feels like an after thought that was tacked on, but it doesn't take away from the overall experience by any means.

The thing about GTA is that you can count on Rockstar to basically reinvent the series in the name of innovation with each new entry.  If they took the easy, cheap way out and just rehashed everything the previous entry had with incremental improvements, people would get bored and move on to something else.  I felt the dynamic character switching in V was one of the most innovative things I've encountered in a game so far.  Will they do it again though?  Maybe, maybe not.  Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they implement new innovations in VI with a throwback to a more serious and gritty tone like that of IV.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

There are some clear flaws in the game but again the options in the topic don't offer proper manner to let me explain them in goddamn details.

I picked the most relevant for me, The story SUCKS.

Why don't you guys learn on how to start a proper poll with multiple options?

• nobum62 likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

And the likely simple addition of property buying shows how relatively easy it is to add simple computational functions to the game, which are no way as difficult as adding real-time game functionality. 

So it is all the more surprising that the people managing the GTAV story and the total game design did not come up with more, and more integrated, little modes like this to enrich the SP game.  So little effort would have gone so far, to make us feel like there was more substance.  :colgate:

But instead we got uninspired, simple, isolated, flat / not-integrated modes like find scraps of paper, find real estate signs, find spaceship parts, find submarine parts, etc - just stuff that could be added (or taken out) without much coherent creative thought.  And we thought that killing pigeons was dumb... :dontgetit:

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

why was GTA V disappointing? because it lacks any kind of reward. Some heist gives you 0$. Hours of underwater research gives you 10$ (and an autograph). Being a paparazzo gives you nothing but the "choise" to punch beverly, helping berry (the marijuana guy) has no actuial ending (just a "sorry, I forgot"), moral choises are sometimes pointless (kill the doctor or let him live to being killed days later? What a difference!), Ending A or B aren't fleshed out missions, but just "interactive" cut-scenes...and now that I think, very few of the 69 missions gives you an actual reward (money or weapon)

GTA V is technically a great games, but when I finished it I didn't have that feeling of accomplishment... it seems just a great waste of time,

• Choco Taco and Osho like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

997688977222a11add617e83519c0a5a72cf6a51

• SonOfLiberty and nobum62 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

997688977222a11add617e83519c0a5a72cf6a51

I know this is uncalled for, but it made me laugh for some reason lol.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 15 January 2014 - 09:45 AM.

I play it every day but I don't know why. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Ever since I got 100% I feel like there's nothing to do, but at the same time I like exploring the world.

Things that disappointed me:

-The music selection is the definition of "mixed bag", but that's more of a personal complaint rather than an issue with the game.

-The only races you can do with custom vehicles in single player are for Franklin, are only at night, and there are only 5 of them (2 of which are motorcycle only).

-There's too much underutilized space. We have a prison, military base, several small islands, and many nature trails that serve no purpose.

-There are things on GTA Online that need to be in single player. Mechanic to deliver your vehicles, calling in backup, insurance, several purchasable safe houses, and much larger garages.

-The mission count is saturated with mundane tasks like buying masks, stealing a garbage truck, etc.

-Money becomes pointless at the end of the game. Sure you can buy vehicles online, but what's the point? There aren't any races to test them out in. By the time you buy all the properties they don't do much for you other than give you more useless cash and errands.

• Choco Taco likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users