Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why was GTA V So Dissapointing

177 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on GTA V (265 member(s) have cast votes)

Why was GTA V so disappointing?

1. I thought it was going to be Game of the Millennium (24 votes [9.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

2. Trevor killing [SPOILER] (1 votes [0.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. GTA San Andreas is KING! (8 votes [3.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

4. GTA Online (20 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

5. The Story SUCKS (26 votes [9.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.81%

6. Not enough side content (18 votes [6.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.79%

7. V was pretty good (74 votes [27.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.92%

8. What are you talking about, V is the best game EVER (75 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

9. Other (19 votes [7.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
vengenceniko
  • vengenceniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I am asking this question because every time I go on the forums it seems like every other post is ranting about how boring and broken gta v is. I thought it was at the least a pretty decent game. I think the main reason people hate it is because everyone was so hyped about the game. I remember people claiming it "Game of the Generation!" and having mini heart attacks at each screenshot. The hype was so high that even if R* did make the perfect best game ever, some people would be disappointed. Ironically, most of gta v hate comes from gta fans, because they are the ones who would've been the most hyped. Those who weren't as hyped are the ones who actually liked it.

I am also kind of annoyed with the "nostalgia-goggle cycle" on this forum. I remember when GTA IV was first out. When I first played it, (even though I personally loved it) my experience was almost ruined by all the negativity. I thought GTA IV was going to have game breaking controls, ridiculous driving, and missions so boring I was gonna fall asleep. People were going on and on about the "horrible" driving. But now that GTA V is out, all of a sudden people are worshiping IV driving and all around treating that game like a god. Don't get me wrong, but where was all this love before? Even though I wasn't here, I can assume that something similar went on when San Andreas came out. People were probably hating on it, too. And I will make a prediction that when GTA VI comes out, everyone will all of a sudden love GTA V.

Or maybe there isn't a "nostalgia-goggle cycle", but only people getting over their original hype and learning to love the game for what it is.

But, back to the original question, I have included a poll, but if your reason is not on it, feel free to post. By the way don't turn this thread into a bashing contest, I just want to know other people's opinions.

• visionist, Officer Ronson, DeafMetal and 5 others like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by gn1992, 14 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Why this thread sucks

1- because it sucks

2-ass

3-dog sh*t

--------------------------

ok just read that you think its a decent game. sorry op.

but ppl who think it is "so dissapointing" should stop thinking about the old games and how they should be "renewed" today (same history, etc)

IMO vice city deserves to come back.. the CITY...

san andreas was good.

V was awesome, and better imo.

• atsjoonas and iainspad like this

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

GTA Online... F*ck this, seriously, they ruined the whole singleplayer experience because of this.

• visionist, Bertanius, Killerman29 and 3 others like this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by Cyper, 14 January 2014 - 11:35 PM.

There is a few reasons to why I am disappointed with the game. When I say ''the game'' I refer to Singleplayer because that's the only thing I care about. I couldn't care less about Online.

1. The game is slightly dumbed down. Poor vehicle physics (vehicle damage system not sensitive enough, vehicles fly like if they were made out of solid paper), missions are to scripted and doesn't offer much freedom, shooting mechanics feels to simple, fighting mechanics is watered down like crazy since GTA IV,

2. To much missing content and not enough content. No vigilante, no firetruck missions, no ambulance missions, no vigilante. That stuff has been there since GTA III and now it's gone.  In Singleplayer there is barely any missions at all, it lacks old classic GTA vehicle, not enough clothing but worst of all you can't mix clothes how you want, no safehouses which you can buy. Only one strip club, no nightclubs, no pool or dance minigames, no restaurants, almost every interior is locked and makes the city feels like a cardboard city.

3. Online. Because it has exclusive content that SP doesn't have. For instance much of what's mentioned above is exclusive for Online.

4. Idiotic design decisions Killing people with one punch, over aggressive AI which may attack the player for nothing etc...

• visionist, sqre, Fohu and 5 others like this

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Because people like to constantly bitch about online payout when all you really need to care is to have fun. Seriously, people take sh*t too serious. Reason why it is played on something called "Entertainment system."

• ten-a-penny, minushuman, LancerG2 and 1 other like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

It seems weird to say "GTA V is the best game ever!", but I suppose technically speaking, it is the best game I've played. San Andreas previously held that title for a solid 9 years.

• DeafMetal likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

so the 'GTA V' section hates the 'GTA O' section?

lol

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

OP needs to realise we're all entitled to an opinion; I actually think this is the best GTA I've ever played but not everyone will agree with me on that. I wouldn't say it was disappointing but some people will feel that way as they don't know the true meaning of christmas or some sh*t like that.

• EagleStrike likes this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

I personally liked the the game. The side content was more fun and the missions had vareity. For me it did miss a few steps such as Weapon customization or a few missing cars but nothing that ruined my experince. I agree with OP's opinion.
  • iainspad likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

GTAV is the best videogame I've ever played, no contest.

I think the disappointment comes with unrealistic expectations, plain and simple. If you build anything up in your head, reality will always bitch slap you back to planet earth.

I have my complaints with the game, but I'm still playing it almost every single day.
  • DeafMetal, John Smith, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

• Because it isn't GTA San Andreas HD.
  • Because it is a gameplay focused game.
  • Because all 'gamers' do nowadays is worry about the story in a game.
  • Because a lot of people on these forums are a bunch of whiners.

In all seriousness though, I was anything but disappointed with the game and I agree with you, people need to take off the nostalgia goggles.

• DeafMetal and ten-a-penny like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

• Because it isn't GTA San Andreas HD.
  • Because it is a gameplay focused game.
  • Because all 'gamers' do nowadays is worry about the story in a game.
  • Because a lot of people on these forums are a bunch of whiners.

In all seriousness though, I was anything but disappointed with the game and I agree with you, people need to take off the nostalgia goggles.

The nostalgia is what got me back into GTA, and of what I saw of V finally got me back into it. Yes, it's a whole different game now but I love it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Not the best game ever because there are plenty of great games that come before but still a great game. V fans should just look at how people all of a sudden love IV and be confident in the fact that when VI comes out people will love V and whine because features were changed. People catch a serious case of nostalgia every time a new game comes out. There will be plenty of interiors and people will whine about them like they do the countryside in V.

I know how much IV was slammed until V so people can't pull that revisionist stuff with me.

• visionist, StarFyer, SmoothGetaway and 5 others like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

GTA 6 vs GTA 5,Lol :)
I am so tired of talking or typing but if GTA 6 have everything people will still hates "haters gonna Hate".

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

complainers complaining

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Not the best game ever because there are plenty of great games that come before but still a great game. V fans should just look at how people all of a sudden love IV and be confident in the fact that when VI comes out people will love V and whine because features were changed. People catch a serious case of nostalgia every time a new game comes out. There will be plenty of interiors and people will whine about them like they do the countryside in V.

I know how much IV was slammed until V so people can't pull that revisionist stuff with me.

You nailed it dude. I get tired of people pining for the days of Vice City...don't get me wrong it was a great game for its time. But if it was to be released now?? It'd get body slammed and no one will admit that.

I couldn't believe how good IV was compared to the curb stomping it got from 'fans'. It was hilarious watching people talk about IV with reverence a couple weeks after V came out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...nostalgia is like an ex that was the best sex you ever had...there's no way to revist that feeling, so when people look back they only see what they want to.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I am so tired of talking or typing but if GTA 6 have everything people will still hates "haters gonna Hate".

I am calling it right now. The large amount of interiors that will be in VI will be slammed the way the countryside is in V. Also people will complain that they want to far the other way and now the vehicles show too much damage.

• visionist likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

There is a few reasons to why I am disappointed with the game. When I say ''the game'' I refer to Singleplayer because that's the only thing I care about. I couldn't care less about Online.

1. The game is slightly dumbed down. Poor vehicle physics (vehicle damage system not sensitive enough, vehicles fly like if they were made out of solid paper), missions are to scripted and doesn't offer much freedom, shooting mechanics feels to simple, fighting mechanics is watered down like crazy since GTA IV,

2. To much missing content and not enough content. No vigilante, no firetruck missions, no ambulance missions, no vigilante. That stuff has been there since GTA III and now it's gone.  In Singleplayer there is barely any missions at all, it lacks old classic GTA vehicle, not enough clothing but worst of all you can't mix clothes how you want, no safehouses which you can buy. Only one strip club, no nightclubs, no pool or dance minigames, no restaurants, almost every interior is locked and makes the city feels like a cardboard city.

Do you realised since the HD Era there havent been those Ridiculous unrealistic side-missions except for Vigilante(GTA 4) and Taxi(GTA 5)

3. Online. Because it has exclusive content that SP doesn't have. For instance much of what's mentioned above is exclusive for Online.

Tbh GTA 5 is 10000x better than GTA Online

4. Idiotic design decisions Killing people with one punch, over aggressive AI which may attack the player for nothing etc...

maybe but Not Really

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

You nailed it dude. I get tired of people pining for the days of Vice City...don't get me wrong it was a great game for its time. But if it was to be released now?? It'd get body slammed and no one will admit that.

I couldn't believe how good IV was compared to the curb stomping it got from 'fans'. It was hilarious watching people talk about IV with reverence a couple weeks after V came out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...nostalgia is like an ex that was the best sex you ever had...there's no way to revist that feeling, so when people look back they only see what they want to.

San Andreas also. People were okay with dancing and a lot of useless stuff in that game but yoga can easily be ignored after one mission gets treated like a gamebreaker. You don't even need it for 100%. Also people complain about the heist prep missions but official missions in SA such as stealing police bikes and taking pictures of blueprints are okay with them. I personally found it very interesting to case the jewelry store before the heist.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by Official General, 15 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

If many people believe that VI is worse than V in certain areas and it is not a great improvement on it, then it will get slammed for sure. It don't take a genius to foresee that.

San Andreas also. People were okay with dancing and a lot of useless stuff in that game but yoga can easily be ignored after one mission gets treated like a gamebreake

It is easy to understand why people can overlook simple stuff like dancing and a lone basketball game in SA, when you can get stuck into more exciting stuff like gang wars, gang recruitment, car theft, burglaries, gambling, drug shipment interceptions, pimping, among others. In SA you could just get explosive action by prowling on the streets of the hood and watch rival gangs have random shoot-outs with each other. In GTA V, it's either yoga, tennis, triathlon, stunts, and very little else. 

• B Dawg, theGTAking101, QuietJosh and 1 other like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

GTA Online... F*ck this, seriously, they ruined the whole singleplayer experience because of this.

...How?

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by gn1992, 15 January 2014 - 12:02 AM.

at least I think we can all agree that the cash cards f*cked things up pretty bad

all the problems = cash cards

and don't ask me why, because you know it

• theGTAking101 and ten-a-penny like this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Why is this thread even here? At least half of this board is just complaining about how GTAV isn't GTAIV 2.0, or SA 2.0, do we really need to INVITE more whining?

• ten-a-penny, gn1992 and Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

I am calling it right now. The large amount of interiors that will be in VI will be slammed the way the countryside is in V. Also people will complain that they want to far the other way and now the vehicles show too much damage.

looool :) I think then people will say GTA is becoming a real-life Sim.I think a Safehouse plus a Gunstore and some few other interiors are great but alot of interiors people would just whine :)

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:07 AM Edited by iainspad, 15 January 2014 - 12:07 AM.

at least I think we can all agree that the cash cards f*cked things up pretty bad

and don't ask me why, because that's my opinion and i am right

Bullsh*t, because cash cards aren't exactly a problem here and they aren't responsible for numerous glitches and exploits. Sure, they're giving R* more money but it's not a necessity. I can make $60–$100K in 2 hours on GTAO by doing various things, it's simple.

• MarabuntaGrande likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

@ woggleman

Yep, also be on the lookout for 'GTAVI handling sux, I miss V's' and 'Why only one protag?' complaints.

There's no end to people complaining about being given exactly what they asked for. Plus apparently it's cool to complain about stuff these days...I guess they think it makes them look like they got taste...

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Why is this thread even here? At least half of this board is just complaining about how GTAV isn't GTAIV 2.0, or SA 2.0, do we really need to INVITE more whining?

I suggested the "Official Complaining Thread" 3 months ago but nobody listened to me

Bullsh*t, because cash cards aren't exactly a problem here and they aren't responsible for numerous glitches and exploits. Sure, they're giving R* more money but it's not a necessity. I can make $60–$100K in 2 hours on GTAO by doing various things, it's simple.

but the hackers giving billions are a response to the microtransactions (and all the nerfs)

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I suggested the "Official Complaining Thread" 3 months ago but nobody listened to me

but the hackers giving billions are a response to the microtransactions (and all the nerfs)

No, that's them switching blame instead of their selfish and lazy reasoning.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Some things disappointed me, like lack of various side-missions and over-aggressive police AI. Otherwise, it is a favourite of mine.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

I cashed in two PSN gift cards I got as gifts but that is it. Every thing else was earned without cheating and I manage to have three super cars, two sports classics, one regular sports and the rest are muscle cars. Everything is also fully upgraded and modded and I also have a buzzard and annihilator plus a frogger. I play all missions on hard which earns you more money and kick ass in death matches.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users