mcla looks sharper with better colors in my opinion

529592-002.jpg

• Ferocious Banger likes this

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I wish GTA V map could be switched with L.A. Noire's it would be 10x the fun it is now.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:33 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 23 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.

tbh MCLA's map is waaaay better. That epic jump in Santa Monica, that goes from that pier, over to the freeway. That's awesome. Why don't we get this in GTAV? All we get are extremely inconveniently placed jumps that aren't even that good.

People complain that GTA IV's handling was "slow" and "boaty", but at least there were plenty of jumps, and there were alleyways with bins and boxes to smash through.
  • Sting4S likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

I played MC:LA for 20min, got bored and never touched it again

Not into racing games I guess, I would sell it if it was worth anything

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

I like MCLA weather better, GTA5 is to white ish.

Agreed. And OP, the Vinewood Hills are not suburbs, Mirror Park is.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

I think last summer we had a thread trying to figure the size of MCLA vs. GTAV and it seemed like the cities were about the same area (with MCLA's South Central DLC included and GTA's non-Los Santos countryside not included). The city area of L.A. Noire is bigger than both.

MCLA and GTAV represent fantasy miniaturizations of the Los Angeles area, emphasizing different features and details for different kinds of games. L.A. Noire is a block-for-block recreation of a narrow strip of historical Los Angeles, representing what was between Hollywood and downtown only, so it's a larger game map that's depicting a smaller area with more redundancy, if that makes sense.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

The driving could have greatly improved GTA V if they applied a heavy list of things from MCLA when it comes to cars and traffic system. Overall the performance of the cars in MCLA is quite better to enjoy racing and good simple driving.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Nice idea! Too bad I don't own MCLA...

Try it, now I think that the price is loooowww!

I bought it nearly a year ago to get an idea of how V would be. It didn't cost much.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

@Magic Al thats my point LA Noire map was a better re-creation and bigger.If that was GTA Vs map it would been more fun to explore.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

@Magic Al thats my point LA Noire map was a better re-creation and bigger.If that was GTA Vs map it would been more fun to explore.

L.A. Noire is actually too big. The size of it, nearly twice the urban area of the biggest GTA games, meant making it and populating it with traffic and peds, just achieving the basic level of simulated life, was such a huge job, that after seven years it wasn't practical to add much off-mission content. It would have taken years more to give a city that size the amount of life and randomness a GTA world has.

A real city map has a lot of redundancy and isn't designed to be a game. It shows why GTA's maps, with a street grid created for the game and just a couple blocks of each style of neighborhood, feels more alive than a real-life street grid that's too big to fill in with interactive detail.

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

My uber official "Rallys" chevelle ss is DA sh*t. Too bad my disc is scratched deeply and my old hard drive fell and broke..

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

The fake ass Ginger Bread Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Was this really worth the bump?

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

No well I was linked to this page from a recent topic and I decided to make a post. Didn't really consider how old this thread is

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by Andreas, 19 August 2014 - 08:06 PM.

We don't need two threads on the subject. Use the more recent one instead, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users