• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic
esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

I know that exist the Mapping Los Santos topic, but I can't find a topic comparing the V map with the MCLA map.

The intend of this topic is not only the map comparison, but the comparison of the locations and similarities too.

P.S. Sorry, I don't know how to let the pics smaller.

maxresdefault.jpg

372-mccap.jpg

0_0.jpg

529592-002.jpg

grand-theft-auto-5-gta-michael-dirigindo

saleens7-t.jpg

• UltraGizmo64 and gear999 like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Nice idea! Too bad I don't own MCLA...

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

I like MCLA weather better, GTA5 is to white ish.

• robban likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 January 2014 - 08:16 PM.

Damn GTA 5 is just G-R-E-AT in Every Scope.Great Thread bro.
  • esato likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Try it, now I think that the price is loooowww!

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 14 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

The graphics of MCLA are great for a 2008 game. Never played it before

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

The graphics of MCLA are great for a 2008 game. Never played it before

That the Power of RAGE Engine,till now GTA 4 graphics are 100x better than the 4 Saints Row Games and even most games today.That why GTA 5 looks beautiful on old hardwares.Damn next-gen version of the Engine will be Great,imagine Next-Gen Hookers in future GTAs,Lol.
  • Invader_swift, GTA-Freak-Vi, esato and 1 other like this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

MC:LA racing is a million times better than GTA5 racing. There's nitrous, there's special abilities like EMP (which was way too overpowered), more car mods and better quality cars. It's only $15 used at Gamestop or $20 new at Wal Mart, Target, Amazon. It's by far the most fun racing game I've ever played. I still play it and you'd be surprised how many people are online too. 

• UltraGizmo64 and esato like this

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I have MCLA. Its fun to play but can get boring after you beat the main story. Nice graphics though. I'd say try it out to anyone who hasn't. Also like our beloved GTAO an GTA IV MP, there are still modders in multiplayer but hey, they're not using tanks :)

• esato and DangerZone77 like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• GTA Series Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Andreas, 14 January 2014 - 08:38 PM.

Comparing both maps with each other in terms of map size is quite interesting, given that there has never been an accurate comparison before, at least as far as I'm aware. If I had MC:LA, I would have done some accurate in-game estimations sometime ago. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to play this game.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Comparing both maps with each other in terms of map size is quite interesting, given that there has never been an accurate comparison before, at least as far as I'm aware. If I had MC:LA, I would have done some accurate in-game estimations sometime ago. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to play this game.

Buy it! Its only 10-15$ in where I live.

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by Tuomaz_, 14 January 2014 - 09:00 PM.

MCLA has got better freeways and vinyls.

Other than that it has got f*cked up handling, stupid power-ups and it is just crappy in various ways. Can't really compare these games at all though. And MCLA's LA is noticeably smaller than LS.

fuzzel
  • fuzzel

The wierdest of the lot.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

V is based off of SA, its just a remake. Los Santos already existed before MCLA, so did the vinewood sign. not sure if the los santos pier was in SA though. good thought.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I don't have time do take some shots... But on the weekend I'll try to make a comparison using the in-game photo mode of both games.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Try it, now I think that the price is loooowww!

MC:LA racing is a million times better than GTA5 racing. There's nitrous, there's special abilities like EMP (which was way too overpowered), more car mods and better quality cars. It's only $15 used at Gamestop or $20 new at Wal Mart, Target, Amazon. It's by far the most fun racing game I've ever played. I still play it and you'd be surprised how many people are online too. 

I will buy it eventually. I just bought my PS3 before GTA V launched so I missed a lot of games. I recently bought RDR for $15. I think MCLA is next.

Too bad I don't own it already, I would have liked to make some comparisons.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 14 January 2014 - 09:56 PM.

IMO, MCLA's map feels bigger than GTA V for some reason, not counting any countryside for obvious reasons. Maybe they're both the same size to be honest.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 14 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

MCLA is AMAZING, I'd say it's better than GTAV.

Perfect quality game all around. Handling is arcadey but still requires skill, customisation is perfect, graphics are good, and the map is great.

I'd love to play it again, but I lost my savefile with all of my custom cars that I spent hours doing the paintjobs for. :(
  • Tao Cheng likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

MCLA is AMAZING, I'd say it's better than GTAV.

Perfect quality game all around. Handling is arcadey but still requires skill, customisation is perfect, graphics are good, and the map is great.

I'd love to play it again, but I lost my savefile with all of my custom cars that I spent hours doing the paintjobs for. :(

:cry:

On the next time, make a backup of your savefile... I always do this.

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

MCLA is better than GTA5 MP racing because you have the option for manual transmission. That separates the tardo racers from the good ones. I bet most racers in GTA5 MP would fail if there was an option for manual tranny. 

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Yup... Made specifically for a racing game it is better than a sandbox freeroam game of GTA V :)

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

There are quite a few similarities.

The beach area on the West side in V, the parking lot behind Michael's psychologist's office is almost an exact copy of MCLA. How could you have a replicated L.A without the beach LOL!

As far as the driving part of MCLA, I found it quite incredible in cockpit view, other views are incredibly PS1 and the graphics (yes, 2008) are very choppy, almost as playing a PC game on low res. Great game though, I still play it sometimes :)

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by esato, 15 January 2014 - 09:13 PM.

Ok, it's a map comparison but here some pics comparing the car graphics of both games.

original.jpg

hidef_4d.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Screenshot_335.jpg

midnight_club_la_74.jpg

331-1280.jpg

midnight-club-los-angeles-small.jpg

801-1280.jpg

ps3_mclub_27.jpg

551-1280.jpg

midnight_club_la_73.jpg

765-1280.jpg

midnight-club-los-angeles-screens-200807

And this pic.. looks real nice to a 2008's game:

midnight_club_la_75.jpg

• Scaglietti likes this

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

And what about LA Noire's Los Angeles. The Midnight Club rendition is of course very similar in its racing areas. Any more detailed thoughts? Specific roads etc?

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

MCLA looks slightly better than GTA IV, IMO.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

MCLA looks slightly better than GTA IV, IMO.

It you opinion bro and you are entitled to one,but i dont agree with that comment (No Offense).
GTA 4 was dark and gritty but the graphics were great for it time,TLAD made it more gritty and dirty-like but TBoGT made it more colourful visually and graphically.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

GTA V > MCLA in all ways: graphics, map and driving.

• epoxi, Frito-Man and J Cobra like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 08 February 2014 - 12:35 PM.

And what about LA Noire's Los Angeles. The Midnight Club rendition is of course very similar in its racing areas. Any more detailed thoughts? Specific roads etc?

L.A Noire's Los Angeles was attempting to be more of a street-for-street rendition, while trying to accurately capture the 1940s era it was set in. I'd say it's bigger than Midnight Club: LA or GTA V's Los Angeles. It can be very hard to get around because of the many different streets.

I noticed that out of all of Rockstar's games, Los Angeles has been featured as a setting the most times, followed by New York City. 

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by kailomonkey, 21 February 2014 - 04:42 PM.

L.A Noire's Los Angeles was attempting to be more of a street-for-street rendition, while trying to accurately capture the 1940s era it was set in. I'd say it's bigger than Midnight Club: LA or GTA V's Los Angeles. It can be very hard to get around because of the many different streets.

I noticed that out of all of Rockstar's games, Los Angeles has been featured as a setting the most times, followed by New York City. 

I've been re-playing LA Noire cases. Since it is a full scale, street for street replica and apparently 90% of the buldings in the downtown area are accurate architectural reconstructions...And GTAV and Midnight Club LA are both fantasy renditions of the real LA... I found some streets that reminded me very much of GTAV's LS. Notably Hollywood Boulevard and other Blvds feel like the main street in the north of LS. Also some of the views from the LS Noire storm drain at the bridges can come close and a lot of the back-roads in LA Noire are the same looking textures as in GTAV.

I also re-played Midnight Club LA and the best match I saw was the main road on the far west of both cities. In GTAV between where you can leave the city northwards and south as far as heading through the tunnel that then bends round to the east into the city more. That area in Midnight Club LA looks just like GTAV's same road, even with the road coming down from the side parallel to it and the footbridge and traffic lights over it. Though those bits aren't actually identical at all.

RE usage of location by rockstar; I had noticed that 3 out of the 6 major PS3 releases are set in LA! Then there's the original Midnight Club series on PS2 that has an LA rendition that I remember jumping the storm drain in I think... And of course LS in GTA:SA.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

i have midnight club but just cant get into it, i find it boring straight away so never considered the comparisons

will take a look

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Got these niggas going beserk.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I've got both,
MLCA sure has more detail but after completing everything it gets pretty boring though, still have the game but haven't played it in ages.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users