Photo

Stop starting races with only 2 people

46 replies to this topic
Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by Malibu454, 14 January 2014 - 09:10 PM.

When I show up and it's 1 v 1I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.
I'm not giving those pricks a win.
Did it the other night 1st turn of DT UG.

other player gets a win by default if player leaves before the finish I believe.

Yes but the game does not count it as an official win. 
It doesn't go towards any awards or unlocks. 
Egg Zackley.
Doesn't count. You still get the cut scene w/ your character but that's it. It's like a solo run.
Same as if the other player is so far behind they get a DNF and you don't get the win credit.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Seriously. People who host races, do you not realize you have 2 minutes to wait for others to join to make it more fun? Stop launching races once one person joins. A 2 person race is boring and lame. Do you not have 2 minutes to spare?

I usually wait, but mostly nobody is going to join in two minutes & all the waiting was useless. Worst case: The other player doesn't want to wait, and disconnects from my lobby & i am alone. A 1 person race is even more boring and lame...

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 14 January 2014 - 09:12 PM.

When I show up and it's 1 v 1I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.
I'm not giving those pricks a win.
Did it the other night 1st turn of DT UG.

other player gets a win by default if player leaves before the finish I believe.

Yes but the game does not count it as an official win. 
It doesn't go towards any awards or unlocks. 

well, that's good to know, thank you
Im pretty sure it does...thats how I discovered it. Was starting a second avatar and was in a 1v1. The guy bailed for whatever reason and when I completed and went back to freeroam I was surprised to get a bronze or silver update on my "win races" award.

It never did or has for me.  Then that was back in October. 

To be fair I'm not so sure on awards but upgrades for cars I know it never worked. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by Malibu454, 14 January 2014 - 09:12 PM.

esato
  • esato

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I agree with the OP, however the sad thing is that if you don't start it that second person will leave... There is one thing worse then racing with two people... Racing alone...

+999 likes! hahahaha

OP, have you ever thought maybe they don't know how to restart the timer? lol

Yeah Lots of people don't even realise they can extend the time either. 

Seriously, I don't know how to extend the timer or even restart it.

Can you tell me? I'm serious.

>>>> It's more likely that the person who joins is the worry.  A lot of people join a lobby, wait 30 seconds or less, then leave.

It happens with me every time....

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

I agree with the OP, however the sad thing is that if you don't start it that second person will leave... There is one thing worse then racing with two people... Racing alone...

+999 likes! hahahaha

>>>> It's more likely that the person who joins is the worry.  A lot of people join a lobby, wait 30 seconds or less, then leave.

Lol you can add 30 secs to the timer by pressing Y before you hit confirm settings.  Ofc you stop the timer by closing matchmaking. 

esato
  • esato

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Seriously. People who host races, do you not realize you have 2 minutes to wait for others to join to make it more fun? Stop launching races once one person joins. A 2 person race is boring and lame. Do you not have 2 minutes to spare?

I usually wait, but mostly nobody is going to join in two minutes & all the waiting was useless. Worst case: The other player doesn't want to wait, and disconnects from my lobby & i am alone. A 1 person race is even more boring and lame...

Hey bro, I always try to find a full session... and then I invite all people and the 'players selected by skill' or something like that... 

When the race is over and are just me and 2 or 3 guys, I leave the session and enter in another one.. full with players, and start a new race. it works to find racers.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Easy for you to say. I'm the one who's been sitting here for ten minutes waiting. Get a person in. Wait a few seconds for someone else to join and they leave. So, you join I hit start. Or YOU host the race and wait for me.
  • RowanSane likes this

esato
  • esato

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

+999 likes! hahahaha

Lol you can add 30 secs to the timer by pressing Y before you hit confirm settings.  Ofc you stop the timer by closing matchmaking. 

Tks, I'll try it!

Easy for you to say. I'm the one who's been sitting here for ten minutes waiting. Get a person in. Wait a few seconds for someone else to join and they leave. So, you join I hit start. Or YOU host the race and wait for me.

Last night... I slept waiting for players... I woke up with a kid screaming at the head set... hahahah

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Depends.  Some races are really fun in a 1 on 1.  So much better so than a 16 on 1, where everybody is slam happy.  So it really depends on the lobby, and if they want to race or just mess around. 

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

As to solo races, they're not supposed to unlock mods... But..

Either there's a glitch for the Karin Rebel, or the numbers it requires to unlock Offroad is lower than other classes. I have far more items unlocked for that than I do for the sedan I use. YMMV.

KingCantona
  • KingCantona

I am not God

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Exactly!  Dumb people leave.

esato
  • esato

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Depends.  Some races are really fun in a 1 on 1.  So much better so than a 16 on 1, where everybody is slam happy.  So it really depends on the lobby, and if they want to race or just mess around. 

I love the touge races!

1 on 1, climbing or down the hills. At midnight then... It's amazing!
  • wolfp212 likes this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Yea you just go to Matchmaking and turn it from open to closed, then from closed to open. Resets the timer to 1min

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Racing 1v1 is better than sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes to find a 3rd person all thanks to Rockemsockemrobotstar

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

i find impromptu races in freemode funner than race lobbies

more than half the time, a race lobby just turns into me waiting what feels like 10 minutes just to race with one other person. and then it always turns out to be that boring "JUMPS JUMPS JUMPS" track

plus i like how freemode races can sometimes get unpredictable

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

grinding races for unlocks sucks....

finding strangers to race with sucks....

playing in a server with an R*Tard in a tank sucks....

I still think job specific lobbies, to go along with regular lobbies would be great.

Imagine a race lobby, I would play that 9/10 times 50% of the time.  

Group the people that don't want to run each other over in tanks or Cargobob High Priority Vehicles into the ocean together so they can find race partners more easily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users