Photo

Stop starting races with only 2 people

46 replies to this topic
bbanko
  • bbanko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Seriously. People who host races, do you not realize you have 2 minutes to wait for others to join to make it more fun? Stop launching races once one person joins. A 2 person race is boring and lame. Do you not have 2 minutes to spare?

cloudserverslol
  • cloudserverslol

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

f*ck yeah op...also stop inviting me to your sh*tty user created races....wow they all suck...why are these retards making these horrible races? i havent seen one user created race that was even slightly playable

• redfirebird87 likes this

bbanko
  • bbanko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Some idiot just started Down The Drain with 14 laps. Are you kidding me? Halfway through people would turn around and go the other way anyway. I think most people left that race before it began.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

SHOWTIME is my savior

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

1v1 me bro

v

me

• vipprimo, Franceska and Zoobz like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I'll often start races with only two people because I know the second person is going to leave before the third is going to join.

• o ILL AUDIO o likes this

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'd love to, but the sh*tty matchmaking just won't find any players.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

I hate it. I really hate it when I Quick Join a race and it's f*cking Criminal Records or Down the Drain 1 lap and as soon as I join the host launches before I even have the option of quitting....then the f*cktard PITs you off the start line. 

f*ck yeah op...also stop inviting me to your sh*tty user created races....wow they all suck...why are these retards making these horrible races? i havent seen one user created race that was even slightly playable

That's just being mean. I've played dozens of really good player created races. 

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

This. Please this. 

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

If i didnt have to wait 15mins to get like 5 people and for 3 of them to leave..

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

I love 1 vs. 1

OP should host races, & fix his problem instead of making silly demands.
  • Bluesun62 likes this

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by esato, 14 January 2014 - 08:09 PM.

Seriously. People who host races, do you not realize you have 2 minutes to wait for others to join to make it more fun? Stop launching races once one person joins. A 2 person race is boring and lame. Do you not have 2 minutes to spare?

When I am the host, after the 1st challenger entered the session, I have only 1 minute until the race starts...

And yeah, I always wait for more people... but the challengers are rushed and can not wait for a measly minute. and get out my session

By the way, some of my races:

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Criminal Records is best with two good racers and 5-7 laps imo. Me and a buddy got fast as hell racing against each other. It's at the point where even if you wanted to pit me, it's not likely to happen. Most of the time when someone does keep up and tries to hit me they end up f*cking themselves over way worse, although it has happened.

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by esato, 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Try my Initial GTA 1st and the 2nd Stage races.

"The Midnight Club" race I'll make more short... and the "Midnight Club - Blaine" had a good acceptance.

Anybody know how to make a event sequence? A event with 2 races?

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by Muirenn, 14 January 2014 - 08:15 PM.

I hate this. Especially when the host is an ass and can't race without playing bumper cars. Last time I raced, there were 3 of us. I thought it was going to be nice, but the host was an aforementioned ass, and he was low level, not even over 10. The third guy left after the first or second race, then it was just me and him. I don't know why I stuck around, but eventually more people managed to join. No more than 4, though.

I lost three or four races in a row because he kept bumping me off the track during turns and I couldn't catch up. Eventually, though, Karma bent him over a table. Every time me or someone else would pass him, he would try to ram us, only to get himself f*cked up in the process. It was entertaining. For that, I was glad I stayed.

On the subject of user created races, I really liked Jump, Jump, Jump. Just good old fashioned fun and giggles.

• iainspad likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Criminal Records is best with two good racers and 5-7 laps imo. Me and a buddy got fast as hell racing against each other. It's at the point where even if you wanted to pit me, it's not likely to happen. Most of the time when someone does keep up and tries to hit me they end up f*cking themselves over way worse, although it has happened.

44868337.jpg

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

I agree with the OP, however the sad thing is that if you don't start it that second person will leave... There is one thing worse then racing with two people... Racing alone...
  • esato likes this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

OP, have you ever thought maybe they don't know how to restart the timer? lol

• Ryan_Codebreaker likes this

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yeah Lots of people don't even realise they can extend the time either. 

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yeah Lots of people don't even realise they can extend the time either. 

lol I dont even know how to extend the timer, only to restart it

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

They start with two people for one of two reasons...they were probably waiting for ten minutes when you finally showed up and they didnt want to wait and have you bail...because that is exactly what most people do OR they are specifically looking to farm wins and it is easier to beat one person by knocking him out then it is to race a whole room.

If you havent raced any good custom tracks your either extremely unlucky or your idea of a good track is off. I have raced many good tracks...my whole crew has a bunch of them. I wont even bother though to suggest any to you because I suspect the issue is your tastes and or skills...not the content.
  • Black Rabbit likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

It's more likely that the person who joins is the worry.  A lot of people join a lobby, wait 30 seconds or less, then leave.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:31 PM Edited by Malibu454, 14 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Try my Initial GTA 1st and the 2nd Stage races.

"The Midnight Club" race I'll make more short... and the "Midnight Club - Blaine" had a good acceptance.

Anybody know how to make a event sequence? A event with 2 races?
You have to make a playlist.

When I show up and it's 1 v 1
I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.
I'm not giving those pricks a win.
Did it the other night 1st turn of DT UG.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.

other player gets a win by default if player leaves before the finish I believe.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I agree with the fact that 90% of the user created races suck ass. Jumps, Jumps, Jumps is probably the most retarded thing in the history of retarded things and i would love you punch each and every person that spams it constantly in the face. TWICE! the one and only time i ran that track was after racing a guy on my own track ( before i altered and republished) and he thumbed mine up. Then we raced that jumps abortion and i won and still thumbed it down. Seconds later i get a message asking why i thumbed it down. I simply said it was retarded and asked for my 4 minutes of life back. 

cant wait to see what the community comes up with in the way of created missions. No doubt it will be a 30 minute mission chasing one guy over 100 jumps with some jets thrown in. Original / sarcasm.

Now for the shameless plug ;)

Please try my race in my sig and leave honest feedback. its just a straight up no nonsence race with no added props and features on and offroad fast racing and one jump ( broken bridge ).

You may even like it :)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

When I show up and it's 1 v 1I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.

other player gets a win by default if player leaves before the finish I believe.

Truth. Your just giving him what he wants by leaving.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Wah.

If I'm forced to grind races to unlock the modifications, then so help me you're gonna be there for at least the first one before you quit to find better pastures.

Now, while we're racing 1v1 in unmodifieds so I have an actual chance to win, howsabout you don't smash into me repeatedly so you win by any means neccessary?

I think I have 12 more to do to unlock the last stage 4 mod, and then I will never willingly run another race with strangers again.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yes but the game does not count it as an official win. 

It doesn't go towards any awards or unlocks. 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

well, that's good to know, thank you

• GTARACER93 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 14 January 2014 - 08:58 PM.

When I show up and it's 1 v 1I race em and if they f*ck around and they start pitting me I just leave. Did it couple of time.

Im pretty sure it does...thats how I discovered it. Was starting a second avatar and was in a 1v1. The guy bailed for whatever reason and when I completed and went back to freeroam I was surprised to get a bronze or silver update on my "win races" award.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Im pretty sure it does...thats how I discovered it. Was starting a second avatar and was in a 1v1. The guy bailed for whatever reason and when I completed and went back to freeroam I was surprised to get a bronze or silver update on my "win races" award.

I thought so too, now I'm confused

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users