Tanks and AP pistols, wtf?

51 replies to this topic
spydeeman
  • spydeeman

🀄️

• Members
  • Costa-Rica

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

There's nothing about Armor Piercing in the game files....

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

That's because AP stands for Altruistic Pterodactyl

• iainspad likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

That's because AP stands for Altruistic Pterodactyl

You're quite bored, aren't you?

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

i think there might be a hack to destroy tanks with one hit. the last few nights my tank has been taken out by one hit attacks. healthy tank, no smoke or warning sounds and i'll explode from the first hit.

i even tested it out on the last guy. i go to the report a player screen and my game instantly hard freezes. ive heard the real cheats have it setup to freeze your system when you go to report and sure enough it froze my system. a level 500+ wouldnt cheat would they?

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

i even tested it out on the last guy. i go to the report a player screen and my game instantly hard freezes. ive heard the real cheats have it setup to freeze your system when you go to report and sure enough it froze my system. a level 500+ wouldnt cheat would they?

That's weird, because I got 2 freezes yesterday just when I was just about to send a report. I got a lotta lag recently, but never any freezes really. Might have to see if it keeps happening. I pretty much report all lvl500-600+ players I come across anyway now.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Who do I believe now, you or Furry_Monkey? Gaaahhhh the decisions.

The AP Pistol is a fully automatic weapon designed to penetrate armor.

http://www.ign.com/w...gta-5/AP_Pistol

It appears that there's conflicting information...

http://gta.wikia.com/AP_Pistol

Well... this is from SC... not sure anymore now ! :p

High-penetration, fully-automatic pistol. Holds 18 rounds in magazine with option to extend to 36 rounds.

http://socialclub.ro...nline/ap-pistol

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction

That's impossible.  Even for a computer!

It's not impossible, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than 2 meters.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction

It's not impossible, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than 2 meters.

and the Award for Being Late to the Conversation goes to........

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

836205255_1378640696.jpg

• iainspad likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

i think there might be a hack to destroy tanks with one hit. the last few nights my tank has been taken out by one hit attacks. healthy tank, no smoke or warning sounds and i'll explode from the first hit.

I've had that happen to me once and I was wondering if this was the case... (freezing upon reporting). I'm pretty sure the LAZER is pretty lethal against the tank but other than that...

I haven't played around enough to figure out other kill options for tanks - I haven't been able to get the sniper trick to work - however I really don't bother too much.. if the guy in the tank isn't my friend, I switch servers - create invite only, etc.. This game is not a great game for browsing with strangers... everyone is an asshole and I blame the bounty system for starting that.

and the Award for Being Late to the Conversation goes to........

I didn't see anyone finish the conversation... I see now I was wrong - so here:

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

The Rhino Tank is both overpowered and underpowered.

First it goes very fast and shoot very fast and can handle 6 RPGs.

But the shells explode in the air, it explodes after 8 grenade launcher bombs and it's armour stop existing after 3 streets away.

I would prefer a FREAKING APC.

• iainspad likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by Distrom, 14 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

The game in spanish calls it Pistola Perforante (Piercing Pistol)
AP could perfectly mean Armor Piercing.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

The game in spanish calls it Pistola Perforante (Piercing Pistol)
AP could perfectly mean Armor Piercing.

I can confirm that ,my game is also in spanish.

-And i think it makes sense after all,the rhino is kinda based in a m1 abrahams wich uses a turbine engine , im not a tank mechanic to know that if a projectile gets inside the expansion chamber or   hit the turbine,bye bye ,tank is gone,and it will prolly blow the engine up,and if you are inside you will get roasted ...so to me its not untrealistic to kill the driver with the ap.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

I Always thought it stood for Anal Penetration

If the AP pistol takes out tank wankers from behind, yes, that is what it stands for.  :colgate:

Using the AP pistol, I have gotten a number of satisfying revenge kills through the windshield of cars, when they come back to run me over a second time.  So fun to see that red X and see the car slow down.  :^:

The AP works well for a lot of situations.  I love it. 

The AP Pistol is a fully automatic weapon designed to penetrate armor.

http://www.ign.com/w...gta-5/AP_Pistol

I assumed that they mean body armor, not tanks armor or car armor.  Does anybody really know? 

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by iainspad, 14 January 2014 - 11:34 PM.

Bu...but...I thought the AP stood for Anus Pancakes!

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Did anyone try it yet?

bootswitdafur
  • bootswitdafur

They should all be destroyed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

When I get back from toshii station with the power converters I will test it

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.

And the sister. Don't forget the sister loving lol

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Two meter wide? That's no bigger than a womp rat.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Two meter wide? That's no bigger than a womp rat.

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.

iol
  • iol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by iol, 15 January 2014 - 04:07 AM.

so yesterday I got in my tank because there were a bunch of guys killing me and i'm a pussy XD
anyway after blowing up a couple of players some guy drives up behind me and kills me with his AP pistol

is this guy hacking or something or can you just shoot any gun trough the rear vents of the tank now?
would be weird to make the back of a tank less bulletproof than the back of an entity XD

Tried this with both AP and my heavy sniper and worked like a charm. Shooting the front hatch works really well too if you know where to shoot and can keep steady.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

I know the joke has been beaten to death in this one thread alone.. but not joking when I say that I thought the AP in the AP Pistol stood for Anti-Personnel Pistol.   Armor piercing and Automatic Pistol Pistol never crossed my mind.  the latter is even worse.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users