Tips on how to be a better Jet Pilot?

42 replies to this topic
MaverickNJD
  • MaverickNJD

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

I find a better way to get into Zancudo is just to fly a helicopter straight into the hangar rather than parachuting in. If you can learn to land a helicopter quickly you won't get the wanted level until you exit your chopper, leaving you a good 30 seconds to get in the jet before tanks and troops show up. Once you're in it, get out of the hangar and fly straight up (don't look behind you, I've heard this causes enemy jets to spawn).

I'll have to try this out next time. I always get 4 stars as soon as I enter the military base's airspace in a chopper. Does flying low keep you off radar? I know there was a mission in single player that did that but I don't know if that works online.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Right.

If you are using the PS3, you should use the "R1" and "R2" buttons more often. They give you a better performance if you are in need of an emergency turn. You should also use the analog stick more often, more it upwards so you can see how far you are from the ground. You should also start using the "R3" button so you can look backwards. Once someone has launched a rocket from their own jet, you should do a spin or do a full backwards/frontwards spin.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

The easiest way for me to get into the base is fly a helicopter straight in, and land right next to the middle parking spot for the jet(close to the runway). There is only one guard there, so shoot him and get in the jet quick.

Instead of taking off right away however, taxi out on the ground and turn left(west) toward the canopies. You can use the guns to shoot trucks/jeeps in the way. When you pick up some speed get off the ground just enough to get over the fence and use the L1/Lt button to turn left toward the marsh. Bring your landing gear up and skim over the fence. Once your off the base fly lower into the marsh for a bit, and then you can raise your altitude and be on your merry way.

This will keep you from getting shot at by the missiles. I do it like this all the time and never have an issue.

Every once in a blue moon though they will scramble AI Jets after you, so just look behind you after your escape.

• al_balmer likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

The easiest way for me to get into the base is fly a helicopter straight in, and land right next to the middle parking spot for the jet(close to the runway). There is only one guard there, so shoot him and get in the jet quick.

Instead of taking off right away however, taxi out on the ground and turn left(west) toward the canopies. You can use the guns to shoot trucks/jeeps in the way. When you pick up some speed get off the ground just enough to get over the fence and use the L1/Lt button to turn left toward the marsh. Bring your landing gear up and skim over the fence. Once your off the base fly lower into the marsh for a bit, and then you can raise your altitude and be on your merry way.

This will keep you from getting shot at by the missiles. I do it like this all the time and never have an issue.

Every once in a blue moon though they will scramble AI Jets after you, so just look behind you after your escape.

sometimes there is not even a guard there. too easy. and i have had them scramble the jets once out of maybe 100 times. it was a no win situation. the jet took off way too early and just had me lined up (because i take the route you mentioned too)

actually, i stay right of the bridge, so you can get lower quicker and less obstacles in your way.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I've been playing Ace Combat for years, so... nobody f**** with me in a jet! 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Truth's Green Goo
  • Truth's Green Goo

Year Zero

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yup, I'm the same with flying into the base. I grab a Lazer and just fly around the state all the time, and have never really had an issue getting it out of the base.

Just fly into the middle of it, and go to one of the squares next to the runway that have a jet parked (or hover right outside the fence until it appears, if you want to be sure one is there before going in).

Kill the guy, as Deffpony said; but I just take off right from the square, heading north (you can actually take off a bit quicker if you hold both triggers down to "gun" the engines, then release LT). As soon as I take off, I immediately pull back on the stick to do a loop, then barrel roll halfway around and you're heading South with no jets behind you.

You can actually do R3 and see a Jet JUST starting to take off behind you, but you're long gone by the time he gets anywhere near you.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'll upload a animated gif later on an easy way to get the jet, and is 100% failproof.

Most people forget to realize, that you should never ever slow down on lower ground or just fly in a straight line in the air.

This will leave you susceptible to Heavy Snipers on the ground who can get easy shots on your jet and it only takes 9 shots to destroy one or just 1-3 well placed shots to take out the engine and cause it smoking. The actual speed of the jet from the sniper's perspective is a lot slower compared to the jet pilot's perspective.

• esteban2606 likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for all the great tips in this thread.
I'd never tried to get a jet before, but got a few last night with 100% success , mainly due to the advice on here.
I was flying in low over the east wall in a chopper then landing beside the jet on the Tarmac perpendicular to the east end of the runway. Then I was jumping straight in the jet and then the small piece of Tarmac you're on is enough to take off. Once or twice I had a few SAMs fired at me, but flying straight up avoided them.
Now all I need to do is perfect strafing, which appears to be the hard part! XD
The only way I can use a jet to kill is by landing it downtown then hiding nearby with my sniperscope trained on the pilot's seat, or if I'm feeling lazy, leave a sticky bomb on it :)

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

OperatorStatus

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:20 AM Edited by Michael_Westin, 15 January 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Step 1: watch top gun.
Step 2: listen to Kenny loggins- danger zone
Step 3: ReVvvv up the engine
STep 4: listen to its howling roar.
Step 5: take off
  • kokot likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Same here.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Step 5: take it off

Now, when you say "take it off"...?

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

OperatorStatus

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Step 5: take it off

Now, when you say "take it off"...?

I got a little to excited. Corrected

Same here.

Mobius1 for the win
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Step 5: take off

No step 1 is take your felon/sultan/sentinel to LSC, rig with ignition bomb and park outside.
Even when I'm out the city I'm still working :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users