Photo

Bullworth Academy Canonical?

36 replies to this topic
Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:53 AM Edited by Fallcreek, 16 January 2014 - 09:49 PM.

So I had this lingering thought that was ignited after watching the "I'm Rich" segment on TV, and it confused me because I knew that Bully was canon with the GTA universe based on the fact that Carcer City is mentioned, and it does appear on TV but I didn't know if it was canonical with III or the HD universe ..so I just wanted to get your guy's opinion.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:16 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 14 January 2014 - 07:16 AM.

AFAIK, Manhunt, Bully, and GTA take place in the same universe. There's theories going around saying that the Red Dead series is a fictional book series in the GTA universe, too, based on a book called Red Dead in GTA V. I'm not sure if Bullworth is part of the III universe, but it's definitely in the IV universe.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

There's theories going around saying that the Red Dead series is a fictional book series in the GTA universe, too, based on a book called Red Dead in GTA V.

From what I've heard from people who got 100%, that's not the only evidence that RDR takes place in the GTA universe...

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

There's theories going around saying that the Red Dead series is a fictional book series in the GTA universe, too, based on a book called Red Dead in GTA V.

From what I've heard from people who got 100%, that's not the only evidence that RDR takes place in the GTA universe...

That doesn't make any sense if Red Dead Redemption is in the same universe as GTA because Red Dead mentions New York (Which Liberty City is based on) multiple times, so i'm pretty sure that writes that theory out.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Yeah well GTAIII mentioned Miami, but that's not where the next game ended up taking place.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Yeah well GTAIII mentioned Miami, but that's not where the next game ended up taking place.

Except that was GTAIII! Haha, I mean c'mon. That was the launch of the 3D era, they weren't planning on Vice City at that point in time.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

What if L.A. Noire is also part of the GTA Universe, and Los Angelos renamed every single one of its locations?!?!

CONSPIRACY!

• SonofYankton likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

What if L.A. Noire is also part of the GTA Universe, and Los Angelos renamed every single one of its locations?!?!

CONSPIRACY!

Illuminati.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat :^:

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

The way I see it, the events of Bully and Manhunt take place in both GTA Universes, just like the fact that World War II or the Kennedy assassination take place in both universes.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

The way I see it, the events of Bully and Manhunt take place in both GTA Universes, just like the fact that World War II or the Kennedy assassination take place in both universes.

I have that same theory about the radio stations lol.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

just imagine a gta installment where the protagonist is the son of J.E.C or Daniel lamb. or even better: Jimmy hopkins  (a bit older of course) :D

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

GTA:Bullworth Edition :)
  • matajuegos01 likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

DEN HEUSER

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

In GTA San Andreas there's a song about New York City.

And Ray in GTA III tells you that he is moving to Miami.

So I think cities in GTA coexist with the real life ones.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 18 January 2014 - 06:45 PM.

So I think cities in GTA coexist with the real life ones.

But that doesn't MAKE. SENSE! Haha, I mean there's two versions of Times Squ- I mean Star Junction? What about Vinewood Bl.. I mean Hollywood Boulevard?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 18 January 2014 - 10:49 PM.

The first two Manhunt games and 3D Universe GTA games all seem to take place within the same timeline. As for Bully, the only evidence it exists in any GTA timeline for me is the footage of Bullworth Academy on "I'm Rich" in GTA IV, though that could of likely just been inserted as an easter egg. I haven't really seen much else to support that claim. No fictional brands from GTA and Manhunt seem to have resurfaced in Bully for a start.

And the argument about real-life cities co-existing with their GTA-counterparts is absurd. Why the hell would two cities that are identical in culture and architecture co-exist with each other? 

• universetwisters likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Our Love to Admire

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

The first two Manhunt games and 3D Universe GTA games all seem to take place within the same timeline. As for Bully, the only evidence it exists in any GTA timeline for me is the footage of Bullworth Academy on "I'm Rich" in GTA IV, though that could of likely just been inserted as an easter egg. I haven't really seen much else to support that claim. No fictional brands from GTA and Manhunt seem to have resurfaced in Bully for a start.

And the argument about real-life cities co-existing with their GTA-counterparts is absurd. Why the hell would two cities that are identical in culture and architecture co-exist with each other? 

Yeah, I thought about that too because Red Dead Redemption does have some segments on GTA V's TV, but that doesn't necessarily make it canonical with GTA's universe.. On the other hand though. what makes me think Bully is canon with GTA/Manhunt series is because of a few reasons.. It does feature some cars from the GTA universe (Stallion, Regina, Yankee ..and a Boxville I think), Jill Von Crastenburg (Celebrity from the HD universe) was hinted that she attended Bullworth Academy, some of the folk from New Coventry mention a man called 'Starkweather' which was the antaganist from Manhunt, there's some advertisements around Old Bullworth Vale that have 'ZIP' on them ..which is an obvious reference to the clothing store from the GTA universe.. I mean, there's quite a few references that pretty much confirm it's canon. My problem is figuring out if it's canon with the HD or III universe ..although i'm more inclined to say it's set in the III universe, but there's nothing really solid to back that up either.

• G.S.T likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Why is it that none of you can comprehend the possibility that Manhunt and Bully exist in both the 3D and HD universes?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

At the time Bully released, the 3D universe was already over, there are no mentions of Bully in any 3D GTA game, but there are some in the HD games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Perhaps it's because GTA 3 was written before Vice City was thought of?

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

There is song about New York City in GTA IV too. "Hello - New York Groove" on Liberty Rock Radio.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:33 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 26 January 2014 - 04:00 AM.

gta1map.PNG

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

gta1map.PNG

Look at where it is, though. It's not specifically ON Miami, it's right around Tampa or Tallahassee. I can't say Liberty City is quite where New York really is either.

Hell, only geographically correct place I see is San Andreas, and THAT got turned into San Fierro!

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by bikerman3, 03 February 2014 - 03:54 AM.

gta1map.PNG

off topic but looking at that map makes me think we need more gta games what are in other city's and states. 

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

Why is it that none of you can comprehend the possibility that Manhunt and Bully exist in both the 3D and HD universes?

Actually you aren't alone. I've always thought that both Manhunt and Bully happen in both universes.

• Budweiser Addict likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Somewhat related: when exactly did Bully take place? I could never figure out the year. It was too retro to be modern day. It always hit me as the 80s or early 90s.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Damn i love that map from the Original GTA.and that like 17 years ago this year (1997).

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:27 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 03 February 2014 - 06:28 PM.

Somewhat related: when exactly did Bully take place? I could never figure out the year. It was too retro to be modern day. It always hit me as the 80s or early 90s.

Most likely early 90's, yeah. The graphics of the arcade games make me think that way, and I think one even had the year on it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

I know some of the computers in the Comic Book Store's backroom are too new to be from the '90s, though. Perhaps Rockstar made the specific date of Bully to be a mystery, like the state The Simpsons take place in?

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

It's been confirmed that the Simpsons take place in Springfield, Oregon, BTW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users