Quantcast

» «
Photo

2015 Ford F-150 revealed (New generation)

37 replies to this topic
Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Just seems to have a bunch of sh*t I don't need in a truck. I get that people want a blanket vehicle that they can use to comfortably do everything, but I don't. A truck to me is a tool and just a tool. I don't mind how minimalist it is. I don't like that if I want a fullsize truck these days, the only one I can get with a real trans is a Cummins Ram, and even then, it doesn't come with the H.O. version of it. It's not too far off when we'll be at a point where if you want a manual tow rig, you'll have to jump up into big rig territory. 

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Yah trucks have really just been turning into cars with beds on them I can see wanting a comfortable ride but not all of the extra sh*t

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by epoxi, 06 February 2014 - 07:47 PM.

How did Mahindra's invasion of the US go?

In the depths of the recession I remember a Jalopnik article saying because they were such simple traditional pickups (not to mention very cheap) they had a niche in the market, but I haven't heard of them since.

I know they've caught some traction in Italy because I've seen a few dealerships there, but that was years ago.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

There's nothing wrong with offering all the goodies.  Does anybody need heated leather seats and steering wheel, touchscreen GPS/stereo with bunch of speakers, adaptive cruise control, adjustable air suspension, 20" chrome wheels, etc.?  No.  But seems a lot of people like this stuff, as I see a ton of top-trim trucks on the road.  

The days of trucks being a simple tool that rattle over every bump are over, and good riddance to that.

If you don't like all that stuff, then don't get the high-end model.  There are so many trim levels available, all the way down to stripped-down with manual everything.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

There are so many trim levels available, all the way down to stripped-down with manual everything.

Aside from a transmission. 

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

There are so many trim levels available, all the way down to stripped-down with manual everything.

Aside from a transmission. 

Which is unfortunate.  Honestly, I probably wouldn't get another manual truck, but it's sad to not even have the option any more.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have manual anymore its sort of getting out of style and here in 'merica people are lazy

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

A truck is meant to work I don't see a need for wood accents and blue accent lighting but honestly it looks like they put a ford logo on the front of a Toyota tundra but I do like those wheels I will assume those are the stock ones

For quite a few people trucks are the everyday driver and family cruiser. Which is why extended cabs are now standard. In fact I would be willing to go on the record that the majority of F-150s sold within the last 10 years hae never seen anything close to a construction site or farm at any point in their life and drive the majority of their miles on paved roads. So wood accents and other luxury features make sense when you look at it that way as opposed to looking at a pickup truck as strictly a work vehicle. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users