Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you move away from Los Santos?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Movin' on down (116 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy a safehouse outside of Los Santos?

1. Yes (107 votes [92.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.24%

2. No (2 votes [1.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

3. Get rid of my penthouse to live in the sticks? Are you crazy? (7 votes [6.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

Where?

1. Grand Senora Desert (Sandy Shores/Harmony) (34 votes [29.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.31%

2. Grapeseed (23 votes [19.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.83%

3. Paleto Bay (59 votes [50.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.86%

Why?

1. Wanted to from the beginning (49 votes [25.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.79%

2. Bored of Los Santos safehouses (36 votes [18.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.95%

3. Hoping to spread the action around the map more (58 votes [30.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.53%

4. Tired of the tanks in LS (34 votes [17.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

5. Other (¿por que?) (13 votes [6.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 13 January 2014 - 10:16 PM.

I see a lot of people bring it up, so I know I'm not the only one who's disappointed in the lack of choices when it comes to safehouse locations. I was personally letdown from the start to find that you could only purchase them in the city.

I know it's probably just a pipe dream, but when I was flying around looking for a place to make another deathmatch I noticed the apartment complex across from the Blaine County Bank in Paleto Bay definitely looked suitable as a safehouse, and it got me thinking. Sandy Shores and Grapeseed are mostly made up of standalone buildings, so it'd be hard to make them work out unless they built something new in unless you want to live in the sh*tty rundown motels in Sandy Shores or Harmony.  

Out of all the places Paleto Bay is the most likely. It's the largest and most developed of the three, and isn't a rundown sh*thole. Something else to note is the South Seas apartment complex, Mojito Inn, and Dr (insertletterhere)am View Motel all have for rent signs on them, so maybe there's actually something to look forward to there. The town also has all the commodities you'd expect a place you'd be living in to have, so who knows, maybe some of us may be living there some day.

I know it's expecting a lot right now and if it does happen it won't be for a long time, but this is just a fantasy poll more than anything. 

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

I'd like to have a secluded safehouse near the top of the map. A real safehouse where I don't get shot in the face or blown up when I walk out. 

• Mac4167 and BSEANO like this

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

What irks me about everyone wanting to move out of LS is that if we have the opportunity to move, probably 90% of your lobby will move out there and we will be back to square one with people complaining about being killed once they leave their apartment.
  • UniqueAsh and bootswitdafur like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

No Chumash or Harmony options?

If there were decent safehouse options outside of Los Santos, I'd definitely opt to get out of the city.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Paleto Bay or somewhere close to the base would be just ideal.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Take me back to Liberty City !! Them fools is crazy on the streets of L.S

hahahaha

• Governator likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'd want this to allow me a garage in the city as well, ideally, but I'd consider moving to any of these locations if I got a 10 car garage attached. If I could have two properties I'd be happy with 4-6 cars in the country and 10 in LS.

I chose grapeseed but mostly because I thought it'd be least popular - no mod shop.

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

If I ever wanted to move from Los Santos it would be Chumash.

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

What irks me about everyone wanting to move out of LS is that if we have the opportunity to move, probably 90% of your lobby will move out there and we will be back to square one with people complaining about being killed once they leave their apartment.

This is true, that's why we need lots of safehouses. Lots.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

I want my safehouse at the top of Mt. Chilliad.

• Kim Jong-Meme likes this

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

0_0.jpg

bootswitdafur
  • bootswitdafur

They should all be destroyed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I wanna murder all the altruists cult members and open a camp for heavyweight kids,where they can learn to love themselves and make smarter life choices.
  • Barry Spock, coach_wargo, ShinobiFixer and 3 others like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Since the beginning, all I wanted was to live in the Desert in a small place and live secluded with high technology like Lester.

But nah, we have to have a lame ass penthouse with a "planning" room just to rob a bank.  There are plenty of places that can be used to plan heists other than your own pad.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

I always liked the idea of staying in a trailer, having one go on the back of an SUV so it can be moved around would be pretty cool.

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

But no tank spawns outside of LS, thats all i care about.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

I'd move to Chumash if I could be in one of those houses with stairs to the water and a boat nearby. Or, preferably, the sub nearby.

Iceman918
  • Iceman918

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by Iceman918, 13 January 2014 - 10:37 PM.

If anyone has ever bothered to really explore; there are a TON of amazing safehouse prospects out there. Vinewood Hills obviously has a bunch of nice modernized homes  (if you don't mind the terrible driving up there) the best being up by the resevoir, There are a couple places all along Vespucci Beach, from the row apartments at the north end (where Michael's psychiatrist lived in single player), down to the larger apartment buildings along muscle beach, or even the homes in the small community along the canals. We cannot forget the housing developments/culdesacs located in north East Los Santos.  The same area is home to several nice homes along the small pond community.  

Of course Paleto Bay has a ton of homes & maybe even a farm house, Grapeseed has more farmhouses, Sandy Shores for the cheaper more rundown homes and trailer parks.  There are a couple homes and farm houses speckled throughout the hills and valleys between Los Santos and Sandy Shores.

And then perhaps my 3 favorite locations... There are 2 communities along the Great Coastal Highway with plenty of modernized beach houses and apartments on or right near the water.  Plus Madrazo's mansion from single player can be found up in the hills overlooking this area.  And finally, if you have never explored the road north of the golf course that leads to the river tube ride place; you need to.  There are some amazing houses up there, each with unique driveways, styles, views, and fun toys.

It might be some time from now, and sure with continued patches and updates Rockstar could add more options but they have already set themselves up with a TON of options.  Adding individual interiors, varied pricing, and some fun activities to do at home and viola- this game blows the doors off.  Houses, new apartments, and utilizing the hotels and motels somehow is definitely the way to go in the future.

lockstockn1ak
  • lockstockn1ak

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Made a thread about this earlier, I hate city living. Los Santos accounts for 1/8 of the map and that is the only place people live mainly because of the lack of 10 car garages.

Paleto Bay, Sandy Shores, Grapeseed are all places I'd ditch my generic apartment in LS for without even asking for a refund.
  • Iceman918 likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 13 January 2014 - 10:46 PM.

@Iceman918

The issue for online safehouses is they can't be standalone structures of any kind. If there were two or more people who owned a safehouse like a beach house or mansion in the same free roam it just wouldn't work, so what we're looking for outside of Los Santos is any kind of apartment complex or motel.

This poll is also about moving outside of Los Santos, not new safehouses in/around Los Santos  :p

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Of course you could also set your spawn to Last Location. When I load the game I'm never at my apartment. Need a car, call the mechanic. Need to change clothes, go to a store. Want to watch TV, turn the game off :) .

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Everybody's crazy in this town!

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

If the rockstars release a lot of selection for safehouse in different area, then it will never be so busy a one spot

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 13 January 2014 - 10:49 PM.

No. If they released more safe houses, I would stay where i'm at.

Why? Because everyone would be moving to these new locations, leaving LS ;)

Dafuq am I saying?  :blink:  I'm always on edge when i'm playing this game lol.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

This would be so good.

Iceman918
  • Iceman918

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

@Iceman918

The issue for online safehouses is they can't be standalone structures of any kind. If there were two or more people who owned a safehouse like a beach house or mansion in the same free roam it just wouldn't work, so what we're looking for outside of Los Santos is any kind of apartment complex or motel.

This poll is also about moving outside of Los Santos, not new safehouses in/around Los Santos  :p

No I understand that... Regardless of the location we would have to have a loading screen to enter the property. Tons of people want houses they'll just have to work out the garages and loading screens.  The major problem I see would be in the garage sizes. You can clearly see that 10 cars aren't fitting in basically any garage of the mentioned homes... R* would have to allow the purchasing of a living space AND a garage (which would also please the masses) haha

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I'm really tired of the interior. Nothing is different in each apartment. There is the rich interior and the poor interior. That's it. But I have to admit, Rockstar did a good job. Online is improving slowly.

• Iceman918 likes this

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Have wanted to live in North Paleto Bay since the beginning.

Still spend 75% of my time there, thanks to my Mechanic, Beekers garage, content creator and the 24/7 i keep robbing off the northern highway.
  • Iceman918 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

I LOVE Sandy Shores.  Really wish I could live there.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Yes i would like to move to Paleto Bay, I love the area surrounding it, access to the mountains and if more people played up there would make for some nice battles and fun in that area, its where my friends and I messa around at alot of the time

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

If they did it you would probable have to have a 2 car garage unless they wanted to make it really unrealistic and then people would complain about that. Ppl want a trailer in paleto bay with a 10 car garage lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users