Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you played IV?

79 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you played IV after V was released? (151 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you played IV after V was released?

1. Hell yeah, IV is amazing. (105 votes [69.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.54%

2. Nope, I have V now so I won't need IV anymore. :( (46 votes [30.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Nopheros, 13 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

I am sad to say that I haven't played GTA IV after I got GTA5.. But tonight I will.

So how about you? :)

Sorry for the awful poll vote things. ;)

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Not posting in the poll. I finished it twice and its dull.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I am not voting (dont get it) but yeah i play the Episodes once in a while and i only played GTA 4 once since 4 months of Non-stop GTA 5.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Hell yeah, IV is amazing! I haven't picked up V in weeks!

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Cool, yeah sorry for that awful poll.  :lol:

Ahh, how I love the driving and cars in IV.  :^:

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yes I have.

I'm actually playing Vice City right now. I've got no qualms about playing older games.

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by RedDrifter, 13 January 2014 - 08:29 PM.

I started to play IV a little bit before GTA V was released and it bored me as hell so I haven't really finished IV.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

This poll isn't bias at all... 

Played it. Beat it. Raped it with trainers. 

Proud.

• fac316 and Thegutang like this

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Yes I did a full 100% run through on IV, TLAD, and TBoGT months before V was released.

I thought it would have taken much longer but still had time to spare before V launched so I picked up Bully Scholarship Edition, but sadly, didn't have time to finish it. Will defiantly finish it up whenever I get bored of V. (If I ever do)

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I haven't played IV since September 17th, but I plan on playing IV again soon.

Both V and IV are excellent games.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Daddy's back you bitches!

• Zaibatsu
  • Germany
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yeah I have, two reasons, mods, and well, its on PC.

But other then that I plan to spend more time on V then I ever did on IV, IV is my least favorite in the series, dull and just bleh in general.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I like IV. The physics are fun to f*ck around with when you have 6 stars ;)

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Played it long ago...about half a year ago.

It wasn't bad, but it lacked plently of things...

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I played IV up until the last possible day on Sept. 16th. Since then I tried to replay it but it doesn't work anymore :(. I tell ya, i used to think the cops in IV were tyrants lol.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

IV was actually a pretty excelent game, but now that you have V you kinda get to see the flaws of it.

I liked IV very much and the ragdoll pshysics made it even better and funnier, I also spended time roleplaying but the AI was retarded as f*ck and would crash into me when I always followed Traffic rules.

Although after beating the story I had nothing worthy to do rather than just having shootouts in the hospital. The effect started wearing off for a Little bit until TBOGT and TLAD came into play and got me excited again for it, had my blast with it. And since then I haven't touched it for two reasons: Driving pshysics suck, when you're turning at the lowest speed your vehicle will tilt no matter what and the limited amount of fun you can get by yourself. PC is what saved IV quite literally but after playing it on consoles I had no desire to play it again with mods. 

V surpasses vanilla IV on almost every aspect. And being quite honest, GTA was always about making your own fun. GTA V has granted me more stuff to do what I ever wanted than any other GTA has.

• Thegutang likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

IV is amazing :D could've been better but it's very good.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have to say, once I got V, I realized how "bad" IV really was. I mean, it was still a great game, but not nearly as good as I thought. The graphics and detail seemed amazing in comparison to VC and SA, but I guess I never realized how many awesome features from San Andreas weren't included in IV. Once the story was over, there was not much to do other than drive and shoot, and even in GTA that can get repetitive.

Things like parachuting, offroading, jetskiing, fighter jets, and mountain biking really help to keep V fun.

• Thegutang likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

IV is my favorite. The variety of characters, the way you really feel involved in the storylines for each and not feel like they were just shoved together for no reason. If forced to pick just one, it would be IV, hands down.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Not posting in the poll. I finished it twice and its dull.

Better then V

Justicescooby
  • Justicescooby

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

I'm gonna get hate for this, but I am not gonna vote because while my answer is yes, I don't feel IV was "amazing." 

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

IV was actually a pretty excelent game, but now that you have V you kinda get to see the flaws of it.

I liked IV very much and the ragdoll pshysics made it even better and funnier, I also spended time roleplaying but the AI was retarded as f*ck and would crash into me when I always followed Traffic rules.

Although after beating the story I had nothing worthy to do rather than just having shootouts in the hospital. The effect started wearing off for a Little bit until TBOGT and TLAD came into play and got me excited again for it, had my blast with it. And since then I haven't touched it for two reasons: Driving pshysics suck, when you're turning at the lowest speed your vehicle will tilt no matter what and the limited amount of fun you can get by yourself. PC is what saved IV quite literally but after playing it on consoles I had no desire to play it again with mods. 

V surpasses vanilla IV on almost every aspect. And being quite honest, GTA was always about making your own fun. GTA V has granted me more stuff to do what I ever wanted than any other GTA has.

Except for the lack of interaction and interiors...
However, never played IV after V came out

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:51 PM Edited by Hakosuka, 13 January 2014 - 10:51 PM.

I got V on my 360 and I had IV on my PS3. After 2 weeks of getting V, I wanted to try to play IV again but as soon as I turned on my PS3, I got the YLOD.... again. Sadly, I haven't fixed the problem yet so I haven't played IV at all since V was released. I really want to play it though, just so I can compare everything :).

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

GTA 4 sucks so much now.  There is nothing to do in it but drive around and kill people.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

@Darkwar

That's where the PC version comes in. Vanilla IV SUCKS, but there are a lot of good mods that make you play the game.

Justicescooby
  • Justicescooby

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

@Darkwar

That's where the PC version comes in. Vanilla IV SUCKS, but there are a lot of good mods that make you play the game.

That doesn't really make IV amazing, it makes the players and community amazing. 

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

I've been playing GTA IV (360 and PS3) on and off since getting GTA V. I admit the first time I played GTA IV after getting GTA V it felt a bit weird, but once I got back into the groove I had with it before GTA V released it was like returning to my home.

Clearly GTA IV doesn't look as good and some of its mechanics are dated, but what can you expect from a game that's nearly 6 years old?

Even though I've completed GTA V 3 times the driving in GTA IV is still better to me. I love racing in GTA IV as I get a real sense of control. I just don't like the vehicles feel at all in GTA V. I thought that maybe by now it would've grown on me, but it hasn't.

Generally speaking even with a smaller map and not as many features I still love playing GTA IV as much as I did when it was new. GTA V is only better to me in aspects that are expected of a newer game such as graphics and other mechanics.

• P2FX, lazy. and Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris like this

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

GTA 4 sucks so much now.  There is nothing to do in it but drive around and kill people.

That's all there is to do in V except now there is no cool interiors to do it in.

Vanilla IV was boring to me but TLAD was a lot of fun and I still play that..

Faintest
  • Faintest

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Since I completed the IV campaign I don't play IV as much, at least when V is accessible to me.

IV was my first GTA. Ever since I saw my dad play Vice City I couldn't wait to play GTA.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yep, and it's amazing. But going from V to IV feels like going from SA to III.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

That's all there is to do in V except now there is no cool interiors to do it in.

Vanilla IV was boring to me but TLAD was a lot of fun and I still play that..

Yeah, it's not like you can tune cars or fly jets or anything like that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users