Photo

Buzzard or Tank

44 replies to this topic
M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

First of all I want to start out by saying that this is not for griefing / free mode.

I have spent the last 3 / 4 days saving up $1733441. I even sold my Pheonix and my Tailgater to add to the funds to get this (legit) amount.

Im only 17K away from buying the buzzard but don't know weather to wait for the buzzard and buy the tank now or visa versa.

Reason I want a buzzard is for the eventual release of heists. That and I am very mission orientated. There is no doubt in my mind that the buzzard will obliterate all the missions without question. This being said I will still mostly be doing the missions in a car / on foot as usual unless I really want a quick $.

The reason I want a tank, again it would be useful for missions (albeit transferring it to the mission start point would be a pain in the ass) but also because its a tank. Plain and simple really.

Now I also have two characters one at level 123 and the other at level 98. I am most likely going to buy it for my lower level character so as to boost my RP income compared to time spent.

So my question to you guys is what do you think would be more worthwhile a tank or a buzzard?

Regardless of the outcome I will most likely get both in the long run over both of my characters but what would be the best order to buy them in?

Im looking at the people here who have had experience in both of these during missions etc.

Also one final question....

I have a cargobob... Can I call Pegasus and get them to deliver the cargobob and then call them again for the tank OR can I only have one "vehicle" out at a time much like PV's?

Thanks in advance

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Buzzard by a mile.

Locks onto enemies, and much faster than the wank.

• watchclock likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sapos y Brujas no caminan entre gente seria

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

For a mission, I'll say the Buzzard.

But if you want a high powered free roaming vehicle, then the tank.
The Buzzard spawns everywhere.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I have both I guess I use the buzzard more on missions.  The tank just sits most of time.   Unless you like trolling a session with tank go with the buzzard it can pretty much do what a tank can in a mission anyway. 

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Well the general consensus is for the Buzzard. I think I know what I will be buying when I get home in an hour or so!

Now to do it all over again so my main character can have one too :D

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I'm more of a mission guy so I would pick the Buzzard simply for it's lock on and ability to get across the map fast. 

cacagenoux
  • cacagenoux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

i have both, i would recommend the buzzard without a doubt.

Tank is super slow, while buzzard can bring you anywhere quickly.

And the buzzard definitly proves its efficiency during missions.

• codename_duchess likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'd probably buy the tank before the buzzard, simply bcuz the tank is only in the army base, which means it is much more problematic to get it out. Buzzard spawns many places.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 13 January 2014 - 07:34 PM.

I use the buzzard more on missions. 

This. It makes missions so much easier. You're better off* with a buzzard

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

The buzzard, man. Much faster and useful than the slow-ass tank.

Besides, once you have the heavy sniper and know how to snipe tanks then you really have the advantage.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

From Moses to Sandy Koufax

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

In case you didn't know, Pegasus don't deliver either of them to you, but to a 'nearby' airport or parking location. Can be annoying.

I bought a Buzzard pre-billions and loved it, especially on eg Los Santos Connection or Crooked Cop.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Choice guide:

Wanna grief? Tank

Wanna have a vehicle that is useful for mission? Buzzard

Want something that owns all? Steal and learn how to pilot a Jet.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Sorry I cannot quote on works computer for some god forsaken reason.

@Terrato137 - As mentioned its not really for freeroam use. Whilst you have buzzards and jets spawning in specific missions like docks to stock (1 - 3) and at rons airbase in extradition normally aircrafts don't spawn in missions.

@Everyone else... Does anyone know if we can get two vehicles out from Pegasus at the same time? A tank may be worth it if I can transport it there using my cargobob.

Cheers Again

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

From Moses to Sandy Koufax

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 13 January 2014 - 07:37 PM.

One Pegasus vehicle at a time, even if it's stolen from you.

• M3mn0ch_1987 likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

buzzard

tank is a boring noob weapon

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

@ Gridlock - Yea sorry my poor choice of words. I am aware that you need to collect it from their "nearest" base.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Buzzard - so many missions are cakewalks in a Buzzard.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

That's settled that one then.

Cheers Peeps!

Oh if anyone wants to do so co-op missions on PS3 Free Aim add me.

Very Competent in all aspects. Can clear all missions on hard solo (atleast the ones that you can launch with one person).

Plus I will have a buzzard LOL

Peace

• livejoker likes this

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Former Champ

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

The buzzard is great for those missions where you've got to chase down and blow up multiple targets. The lock-on feature is too good to pass up.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

The only mission I have found where the tank is better for is Death from Above. One person in the tank can hold the cops off while your buddies can get in and kill the guy and get the photo. In other missions the tank is too slow. By the time you drive out and drive back with it you could have been done doing it normally.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by M3mn0ch_1987, 14 January 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Spent the last 5 mins looking at CorruptedVision's Signature. Mind = Blown!!!

Bought the buzzard took it on a few missions its quite fun planning around how to do the mission strategically. I had one of my commissioner's flying the chopper whilst I was sitting on the side poised for parachuting. Much fun :p

As soon as I came out of the cycle of missions I was doing last night i was getting ready to turn off the PS3 but me and my commissioner was chilling outside LSC having a quick chat (whilst i made my bedtime spliff) next minute a tank comes along and blows us both up :(

Called my buzzard to take him out.... found out you cant lock onto tanks with it :( This is sad indeed. Ended up suicide bombing his ass twice an it and still didn't blow it up (I "manually" aimed rockets at him and hit him maybe 4 times out of 16 rockets). Spent the next 30 mins dying whilst trying to take him out on foot. by the time i had killed him it was 12 - 1 to him... Believe me i made him pay. By the time i got bored it was 20 - 14 to me. These tank griefers don't know how to shoot for sh*t when on foot.

Im going to make it my aim to take out all tanks i see from now on. Best stock up on Stickies, Grenades and RPG's.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

With a buzzard, get a passenger to operate the rockets. You can hover above the tank where he can't shoot you, while your passenger rains down hell.

Mishimotsu
  • Mishimotsu

I am the Walrus!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

I saved up for ages and bought a buzzard with lots of mission earnt money, I managed to JUST buy it when it was on offer recently… and I've been so happy since. If I see "Judging the Jury" "Mixed up with Coke" or "Trash Talk" I know I can do them solo in about 5-10 minutes for lots of moneys and RP… as well as how helpful it has been with missions with other players (random and friends).

Lastly, I've become good and anti-tanking in freemode with a co-pilot on the rockets. I love my buzzard, best purchase so far.

I'm at like 900k now… not sure if I'm saving up for a tank. Probably not, if I buy one I'll be tempted to use it when people annoy me, and I don't really want to be that guy.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Just wondering: how did you make that much in 3-4 days?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Sorry I cant quote on my works computer and I still don't know why :/

@ CenMan

I have two characters and both had 10 slot garages. I sold 2 cars each from my collection on both characters and I think that roughly netted me about 300 - 350k. I'm a crew leader and one of my members is rank 189 so we just call our contacts until we get a decent paying job. I must have done base invaders more times than I would like to count over the last few days.

On sunday my Mrs was working early and woke me up at 7.30AM so naturally I made a smoke (the first of many) and sat at my computer farming missions from 8AM sunday morning until 2AM Monday morning. That was one hell of a session.

Put it this way I was rank 109 with my main character and stopped levelling him at 123 then switched to my second character and levelled her from 87 - 98.

I generally only do missions on hard ( +1.50% cash increase on missions) Either solo or with one or two other people then net me between 12k and 18750K.

TL;DR No life on sunday so chilled smashing GTA missions, selling cars, and extreme patience.

• Kampioen likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Tank easily.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EDLTQSO40to

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

buzzard, pick up locations are better, transportation of goods/players. Just all around way more efficient for missions. The tank for missions would be for um... defeating godzilla if he ever attacked los santos.

Zenon4o
  • Zenon4o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

With my first character I bought a tank, while it was useful on some missions once I unlocked the RPG and mini-gun, it became sort of redundant.

With my second character I bought the Buzzard, It's much better, missions are easier and quicker. You'll be surprised how quick you can earn the money back and the RP you gain.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Got myself back up to 1 million now! Decisions decisions!! Do I buy the tank on my second character OR do I buy another buzzard for my First Character.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

If going lone wolf on missions, Buzzard is the go-to vehicle.

If you're with friends, have one glitch-purchase a Cargobob for $185K, and buy the tank. It is literally a flying fortress, AND it takes a ton of skill and collaboration from both the pilot and tank driver to keep the Cargobob in the air and the tank steady enough to fire accurately. A good pair of players can wreak havoc on anything with this deadly combo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users