Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you "Greet" other players?

91 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you "greet" others in free roam? (196 member(s) have cast votes)

You're being followed while driving, do you....

1. Drive faster / Show them the meaning of haste (102 votes [52.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.04%

2. Blow 'em up / Shoot at them / Release the hounds (45 votes [22.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.96%

3. Hide or pull in somewhere (20 votes [10.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

4. Stop and get out, trying to be friendly (29 votes [14.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.80%

Someone approaches you on foot, do you....

1. Shoot them quickly and unleash hell (54 votes [27.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.55%

2. Aim at them as a warning, or warning shot (32 votes [16.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

3. Try to be friendly (102 votes [52.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.04%

4. Fist fight (8 votes [4.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

A player runs towards your car, do you...

1. Murder them (61 votes [31.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.12%

2. Offer a ride (87 votes [44.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.39%

3. Drive off (48 votes [24.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

If I'm being followed while driving, I make two lefts. If they do the same, I put some distance between us, find a good spot to pull in, get out and show them how effective the RPG is.

If someone approaches on foot, I aim at them before they have time to aim at me.

If a player runs toward my car, I assume it's to hit it with a sticky bomb. So, I kill them.

They might just be running to give you a hug though? 

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Thug

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I alwasy be friendly but last days I become a victim of others for being friendly but I will continue to try to be friendly as much as I can...

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

If I'm being followed while driving, I make two lefts. If they do the same, I put some distance between us, find a good spot to pull in, get out and show them how effective the RPG is.

If someone approaches on foot, I aim at them before they have time to aim at me.

If a player runs toward my car, I assume it's to hit it with a sticky bomb. So, I kill them.

They can hug me from the clouds, then. Kifflom.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

They can hug me from the clouds, then. Kifflom.

Haha I meant Grenade hug. I wish you could do that on this game strap yourself and run into someone. 

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

i usually go about minding my own business until some punk comes over and attacks me for no reason. (usually near ls customs) then i spend several minutes making the guys life hell

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

I understand the OP is just asking what we do... he isn't saying what is 'right' and 'wrong' (to a certain extent)... but how can people just drive around honking their horn at other people online? How can people walk up to other people and try and be friendly....these are things you do in real life (yes, people honk their horns when they see a friend walking)...... why would people want to get online and do what they already do in real life?! I'll never understand it.  It's Grand Theft Auto for crying out loud.  No, I don't go on killing rampages...... but I also don't go frolicking through the fields and city with other players and laugh and giggle while going it

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I play gta online with the motto "trust no one" because most of the time when you try to be cool they like to be d*icks and blow my ride up or kill for no reason so i look at everyone online as a threat when they are inside my radius.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by caddymanlnl, 14 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

2 noobs in my lobby last night, at lsc, Noob 1 was trying to modify a car for noob 2...the squeaker.

Can't remember the car but it was premium and noob 1 kept saying "it won't let me in" etc. While noob 2 says "I want chwommee and custom tires cause they make me dwive better"

Then the debate on whether to put a ignition bomb on the car, how does it work, etc, I tell them bad idea. They were pronouncing it ig-neet-o bomb lol, I told them how to say it, they said I was wrong and dumb.

I had a nice car in front of me, I tell them I'm on my way to hook them up. I pull up, honking horn, announcing friendly.

Noob 1 to noob 2, "is that you, who is that?"

"It's me, I'm friendly" blast blast blast, I'm dead.

Idiots, I told them that was a bad move lol. They spent the next 30 minutes trying to hook up a weenie issi to sell, 10 deaths and 4 modded cars later they finally left.

It worked well as noob 1 didn't track the car so he could give it away to noob 2, I didn't have to destroy pv's.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Homie

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

depends on these guys, but i would probably kill em.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by dannybohy, 14 January 2014 - 04:49 PM.

My shoot on sight policy backfires sometimes! Last night I spotted a car coming at me while I had another car trying to run me over , turned and shot on instinct! !! it was Senormidget trying to come to my aid!! oops! 

Well my GT isn't PANiC ATTACK3R for nothing! 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

...but I also don't go frolicking through the fields and city with other players...

frolic more, it's soothing :)

• GTARACER93 and Coin like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 14 January 2014 - 05:01 PM.

"Come, Shadowfax, let us show them the meaning of haste."

1st poll: Drive faster because I am the speed itself. Give me a car and I will make the asphalt burn.

2nd: Try to be friendly. I'm not a violent person, but if you show your true side as a mass murderer, I will find you, and I will kill you.

3rd: Offer a ride. But only if they come at me without any weapons. If they even wield one, I will speed away faster than the wind.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

My friends, kill on sight when they enter the room

People I dont know, i attempt to be friendly but usually ends with them killing me and stealing my car. but i still try lol

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

...but I also don't go frolicking through the fields and city with other players...

frolic more, it's soothing :)

Agreed. If only people would frolic together more often - the world would be a better place.

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Earlier today, i was driving about the city with a bounty on me and a Vinewood tour bus with 4 people pulled up beside me. Wasn't sure if they were inviting me on the bus or about to attack me for the bounty. Was about to get on the bus when one of them took a few shots at me, so they met the business end of my grenade launcher.

Suffice to say i received a few angry messages after lol

I had similar the other day, so they ended up with a grenade in the middle of the bus...

Took out about eight members of the same team..

So I ended up being mown down, shot at and the rest for a while before I quit the session..

And to think they even had the cheek, some of them, to start kick voting on me!!  Well sorry, if you shoot at people from inside a tour bus then be prepared to get comeback.. standard!

Steven Stevie Stephonsen
  • Steven Stevie Stephonsen

Kickass Cop

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

1st Drive Faster

2nd Run Away (you forgot that option OP)

3rd Drive Off

I trust no one but don't try to initiate fights I don't attack unprovoked I only Retaliate.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

My crew has almost 50 active members. EVERYTIME I play, there is ATLEAST 6 other members in my session.

We all drive either the same car, or at the least the same type of car. We roll in a convoy, and randoms usually just follow us. This is one way we greet people

We park our cars, and people come to us. Mostly they show respect when they realize how organized we are. So we "greet" people by not killing them when they approach our mob.

Although there is always someone with the bright idea of trying to blow up our convoy. Unfortunately for WHOEVER that person is, you have to have a crew to really go to war. (One tank can not compete with 3 tanks, 2 buzzards,jets, rpgs, and aided ai.) We make f our job to spawn kill said person for 3 ingame days( easy to do with so many players, and never gets old)

EpiclyUber
  • EpiclyUber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Can we all agree that the Salute is now/should be the universal symbol for 'friendly' in GTA:Online?

• SteveKeith likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Can we all agree that the Salute is now/should be the universal symbol for 'friendly' in GTA:Online?

Doubt it. A salute is just a classy way to say "f*ck you".

• Joe89NUFC and beat_savy_9 like this

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Depends on level and previous activity. You know if somebody is going to try and murder you. As far as giving rides and all that goes, only in missions for unknowns.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Actually.. I try to be friendly and offer a ride. I beep my horn but sooner or later they end up shooting at me or killing me. Why is everyone such a toss pot?

ClassicSyntax
  • ClassicSyntax

Trying to live the "American Dream"

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

GTA:O is a sh*thole when it comes to community.There is no "Right" or "Wrong" just choices that can end in your favor or your opponent's favor.Some believe in the "Friendly Guy" role while most kill on site.There are no rules just...choices.

Lefty99
  • Lefty99

Squeaker justice!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I usually do stuff with my friends and try not to bother other people, but if you kill me or my friends your life will be hell until you rage quit!

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 14 January 2014 - 09:45 PM.

How can people walk up to other people and try and be friendly

People try to pick up other players because free roam can be a lot more fun if you have someone in your car to cause carnage with. If you've ever driven around Los Santos killing people with a full 4-door Sedan of bounties and a 5-star wanted level you'd know.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Not enough options on this poll.

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Doubt it. A salute is just a classy way to say "f*ck you".

iv had mine set to The Bird since day one lol

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

If a car is following mine, I will drive around the block however many times it takes for them to stop and turn around.  Then I drive a few blocks over and repeat.  When I'm satisfied, I drive past them and if they shoot at me or have a sticky out, I will return the favor, otherwise I'll just go on about my business.

When somebody approaches me on foot, they die.  When I'm on foot, it's because I'm already fighting, and I'm not going to have some guy standing around in my way--he's going to play too or go away.

I never have pedestrians approach my car.  I have shot way too many people out of vehicles to think it's ever a good idea to stop.

And, my standard greeting for a pedestrian in my car is to gently bump into them so they fall over, then shoot them.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

It's a good idea, I think I might try it

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Anybody without the 'ENGG' crew tag in their name doesn't get close to me before I zap them. I shoot anybody who comes too close to me before they know they are dead.
I've made a vow to trust nobody, even if they seem nice. The only way people are getting next to me is by joining the crew and putting in work, that's the only time I won't kill somebody near me, if they are one of mine.

jesusalready
  • jesusalready

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

This is how our crew commonly greets each other.

https://www.youtube....h?v=O3SgT_6ockM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users