» «
Photo

why was this game so short :( ending spoiler

23 replies to this topic
therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by therussianpenguin, 13 January 2014 - 06:55 PM.

sa and IV took me months to complete.. one thing i love about gta 4 is how big it is... i can play gta 4 without getting bored for months.. there are so many things you can do unlike GTA V....all you can do in gta 5 is go out with three main characters and drink or watch 10 minute long s**tty movie.. *ending spoiler*...

when you choose to save all three characters option C.. why did they make it so easy for us to kill main villains? IT WAS SO EASY and everything happened so fast.. -__- 

they could have easily added 4 more mission to kill each villain... 

game direction and everything was awesome though... fast paced and stuff.. but this is a game not a movie.. :(

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

You sir are wrong.

• lizardman563 and codename_duchess like this

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

You sir are wrong.

how

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

In many diffrent ways.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

This is why you shouldn't have rushed through the game. Anyway, GTA V had more missions than VC and a few other GTAs.
  • John Smith and fac316 like this

atsjoonas
  • atsjoonas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Maybe because of GTA Online

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

It takes me 3 days to finish GTA IV, it takes me 5 days to finish GTA V. This is because, though GTA V has fewer missions, those missions were longer and were multi-staged. 

Rockstar said that they made it shorter because many people didn't finish IV. Though i think they were sneaky enough to force the player into playing multiple missions at once by condensing them into one mission in V

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I hope GTA 6 has 300 missions and theres realistic driving.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Takes people 3 days because they do it in 6 hoit stints H
Did you 100 percent it in 5 days?

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

It takes me 3 days to finish GTA IV, it takes me 5 days to finish GTA V. This is because, though GTA V has fewer missions, those missions were longer and were multi-staged. 

Rockstar said that they made it shorter because many people didn't finish IV. Though i think they were sneaky enough to force the player into playing multiple missions at once by condensing them into one mission in V

no i mean if i dont do missions in gta V what am i suppose to do.... marathon golf and all this gets boring after a while... gta 4 had more side missions and fun things to do... bowling pool and stuff

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

PS2 era GTA had even less side missions.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

no i mean if i dont do missions in gta V what am i suppose to do.... marathon golf and all this gets boring after a while... gta 4 had more side missions and fun things to do... bowling pool and stuff
What are you on about? GTA V has a lot of side activities, like S&F missions, random encounters, and sports (some of these were also on IV)!

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

The amount of idiots that this forum amasses is astonishing. 

• TheMasterfocker and codename_duchess like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

sa and IV took me months to complete.. one thing i love about gta 4 is how big it is... i can play gta 4 without getting bored for months.. there are so many things you can do unlike GTA V....all you can do in gta 5 is go out with three main characters and drink or watch 10 minute long s**tty movie.. *ending spoiler*...

when you choose to save all three characters option C.. why did they make it so easy for us to kill main villains? IT WAS SO EASY and everything happened so fast.. -__- 

game direction and everything was awesome though... fast paced and stuff.. but this is a game not a movie.. :(

:^: I agree completely.  I had the same experience with both GTA IV and GTA V.  I played TBOGT for years, using the explosive shotgun to create chaos, experimenting with the physics, and doing drug wars, and just appreciating the beautiful world design.  I do still love to experience the beautiful GTA V world, the mind-blowing detail and the weather and lighting.  But the GTAV SP game went by n like a couple of weeks.  And the boss levels were anticlimactic and relativley easy.  WTF? 

And another thing that is strange, is that in GTA IV, it took me a long time to get familiar with the map, so I was often seeing new areas, while in GTA V, it seems like I got the hang of the map in less than a month. 

I guess I will have to try golf.

• Ermac., therussianpenguin and matajuegos01 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

You know there is an achievement for completing Grand Theft Auto IV under thirty hours or less, right?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

i think one of the reasons some people progress thru this game faster, (well i know i did) is because of where everything unlocks. most of the good stuff doesnt even unlock untill you are what 75% completed the main story, hell you dont even get the top of line assualt rifle untill after the last heist. that is a reason why i rushed thru a good part of the story. everything should unlock once you get access to the place or that spot in the mission. Like all car parts should be unlocked once franklin takes amanda's car to LSCG or clothes should unlock once michael has to go do the life invader mission. every thing should unlock at those points. the whole having to progress farther in the story to unlock anything kinda kills the game in my point. cause you want to slam your car or buy high dollar weapons to blow sh*t up, but R* wants you to play half the game before you can do any of that.

• therussianpenguin likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

It's actually longer. Just feels short because of checkpoints. 

That's what you spent the most time on in previous GTAs, travelling to missions.

• John Smith and therussianpenguin like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

You know there is an achievement for completing Grand Theft Auto IV under thirty hours or less, right?

yeah, so what? you had to trip skip and skip cutscenes.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by fac316, 13 January 2014 - 09:47 PM.

i think one of the reasons some people progress thru this game faster, (well i know i did) is because of where everything unlocks. most of the good stuff doesnt even unlock untill you are what 75% completed the main story, hell you dont even get the top of line assualt rifle untill after the last heist. that is a reason why i rushed thru a good part of the story. everything should unlock once you get access to the place or that spot in the mission. Like all car parts should be unlocked once franklin takes amanda's car to LSCG or clothes should unlock once michael has to go do the life invader mission. every thing should unlock at those points. the whole having to progress farther in the story to unlock anything kinda kills the game in my point. cause you want to slam your car or buy high dollar weapons to blow sh*t up, but R* wants you to play half the game before you can do any of that.

I hated the fact Spaceship parts were locked until after the first heist, wanted to explore the whole map when the game started, but whats the point when you  can't find everything til a certain mission. That and the fact you can't buy the Dock station til after the 2nd heist.,

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

:^: I agree completely.  I had the same experience with both GTA IV and GTA V.  I played TBOGT for years, using the explosive shotgun to create chaos, experimenting with the physics, and doing drug wars, and just appreciating the beautiful world design.  I do still love to experience the beautiful GTA V world, the mind-blowing detail and the weather and lighting.  But the GTAV SP game went by n like a couple of weeks.  And the boss levels were anticlimactic and relativley easy.  WTF? 

And another thing that is strange, is that in GTA IV, it took me a long time to get familiar with the map, so I was often seeing new areas, while in GTA V, it seems like I got the hang of the map in less than a month. 

I guess I will have to try golf.

YESSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU....

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Maybe I have too much to do besides JUST play video games, but this game in no way felt short to me. I'm only on my second playthrough and I got this game on release day.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

It's actually longer. Just feels short because of checkpoints. 

That's what you spent the most time on in previous GTAs, travelling to missions.

Very good point this, and something I never would have thought about. But no doubt it'll be ignored.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

there are so many things you can do unlike GTA V....all you can do in gta 5 is go out with three main characters and drink or watch 10 minute long s**tty movie..

No...No...What?

Elvis_Mazur
  • Elvis_Mazur

Nothing Inspiring to Write

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Short? I got the game on launch day and it took me at least 140 hours to complete it (get the 100% completion plus some achievements). I finished it this year.

I'm not ashamed of anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users