Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is the Maximum Size Limit for DFF and COL?

6 replies to this topic
OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I want to convert manhunt levels in to only one dff, but i want to know what is the size limit for DFF and COL files we can use in 3era?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

good question, it also came for me up, these days
i discussed with BlackStallion if peds with dff size of 2 or 3 mb could make the game unstable
cars can have big dff, nice model with 6, 7 or MB are working well. I had an Cadillac with 12mb, it ripped the rendering totally down

i made a mapobject of some megabyte, i can't remember exactly, but i had to romove some detailed figures unless one, it's a coralrock with a detailed tree as coral and works ingame with 1,1mb
the originally mapobjects of sa are smaller than 1mb
just test it yourself, try to get a 5mb object ingame

But at first you must consider following: collisions models can not be bigger 512 x 512 x 512 units

read similar theme of another topic

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by SaL_Leone, 14 January 2014 - 01:23 AM.

collisions models can not be bigger 512 x 512 x 512 units read similar theme of another topic

How much is that polygons???
Btw is possible to hack .col limits?

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by SaL_Leone, 14 January 2014 - 01:28 AM.

.col limit in gta vc is around 70 KB,I think that is same in gta iii...

I want to convert manhunt levels in to only one dff....

Into ONLY one dff???Your model won't be visible from long distance,you will need to make LOD same as model.But that's impossible thanks to collision limit...(i had same problem with gta Miami)
Dude,convert manhunt in few parts,(try to every part have less than 70-75 kb collision size)..

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by Frank.s, 14 January 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Col keep below 3000 faces per model.

Dff keep same 3000 or less faces per model for stability sake.

Anyone who wants to have dffs or cols larger than this are people who simply don't know how efficient game map streaming works. Study III/VC/SA's map and work with the same limits + properties, trying any larger than original game will fail sooner or later.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

the point is, if its possible to edit/hack/adjust ide or ipl limits of gta3, i wont be needing this. but since i cant, i need bigger dff/cols in order to not going over these limits.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Another problem with large size models (not MB size, but with physical in game size) is that if it is too big the draw distance will be rendering the LOD most of the time when you are near its outskirts which can look crappy so sometimes the smaller the better.

• Frank.s and pogo_01 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users