Photo

Do you go to "Paleto" or "the top of the map?"

50 replies to this topic
therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

lol i cant remember names of supporting characters xD no way i can remember location names

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Allvater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Preusse, 13 January 2014 - 06:26 PM.

I use the names of the bigger places since September 17th, when I bought the game. Not the names of the smaller ones, like "Heart Attacks Beach" for example.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

My police clan and myself know almost all the street names and places. I always use place names

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

I only know the name of a few places. I know where things are and how to get there but, not the names.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

this thread reminds me of the british players. i was kicking ones ass and he was calling me a troll because i hadnt memorized the names of the places on the maps and my level of 110 didnt meet his approval. he was like a true champion of gta knows all the locations, has done all the missions and has a high level. whatever the score is 18-3 in my favor.

so no, i dont care to know the official names of all that wasted space almost no players ever go to. except as a last resort to escape aggressive players. there just isnt anything out there worth doing.

gamikzone
  • gamikzone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I use some names, like when people ask where my garage is i tell them Joshua Road, their like wheres that? so i tell them at the senora desert right off route 68 :D.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I usually do coordinates XD

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

I always study the map so I know where I'm going. I try to remember the names of the streets as well.

the map in this game should be way more detailed. with terrain levels etc etc...

i am actually amazed at how low quality the map is. good ol 360 mapping... way to go.

and i loved the comments about "all the idiots killing each other at lsc" while it might be true, you just never know until you go find out for yourself. (i know because i have sat on those roof tops and killed everything coming my way for hours, just because f*ck you).

but thats why they do it... not because they suck, because they want to kill. when im not pissing everyone off in the city, i like to get some peace and quite up there in chilliad and near beekers garage.

i also like to think that Ursula's house with the american flag is mine. so i go there a lot (great view)
0_0.jpg

chillerhippie
  • chillerhippie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I know some but I usually say stuff like merryweather dock
Where the waterfalls are
Clucking bell town
Where the naked guys with guns are

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Much like life, I learn the streets and learn my way around.  I learn the names and all that.  You just have to have a good sense of direction. 

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Paleto Bay

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

I know the map incredibly well in terms of geographical location, however I am not 100% familiar with all the location names yet.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Los Santos

Big Airport

Sandy Shores airport

Mt Chiliad

Military Base

Those are the most common names I use for places, anywhere else is just "bumf*ck nowhere"

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 13 January 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Friend - "Where you at?"

Me - "I'm at the Rockford mod shop."

Friend - "Where's that?"

Me -  :facedesk:

or

Friend - "Yo, it's boring. Whachu tryna to do?"

Me - "Let's go to the Vanilla."

Friend - "What's that?"

Me -  :facedesk:

and then there's.....

Me - "Yo, you tryin to go to the Bay? There's a bounty hiding up there, lets go get their ass."

Friend - "Nigga, ain't no "Bay" on this map. Dafuqutalkingbout????"

That's when I'm like,,,,. :sui:

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

I love that place.  It feels like I'm going on a road trip every time I go up there.  And it's pretty big so there is a lot to do there.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Sandy Shores > Paleto Bay > Grapeseed > LS

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

I know the name for every area except for a few streets, although I sometimes I refer to certain areas by different names, example: Fort Zancudo as "Military Base", or the LSIA as the "Airport" when I'm in LS, but I always refer to the other Airfields by their name always, even if I'm in the same town as those airports

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

I know the names of most if not all places on the map.  However, up until I made a race through Ranton Canyon, I didn't know its name.  I'm pretty sure there is a name for the part of Chilliad that the highway passes through (Gordo Pass or something maybe?)

What blows my mind is how nobody knows the names of the cars.  They always refer to them by their real life names.  I never know WTF they are talking about when it comes to super cars, typically.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Oh, I use the actual names of the locations...and I love hanging out in Paleto Bay. I wish they'd add animals back into the game though, that would make riding through Paleto Forest more interesting.

Paleto Bay is actually one of the most vibrant and active sections of the map in SP. I totally agree with the animal thing, too. Even if it's just birds. Gimme something to shoot that isn't going to shoot back. 

• Thr33X likes this

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Tataviam Mountains, Banham Canyon and Tongva Hills are some of my favorite places to hang out in San Andreas, behind Paleto Bay, most obviously.

I try to recognize the actual names of places... I always thought it was sooooo cool in GTA III, that each road sign name would show up on the corner of your screen. This is no different.

secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

I chased a big bounty up there once and picked up a Surfer van that I took up to Beekers (I think) but other than that no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users