Photo

Do you go to "Paleto" or "the top of the map?"

50 replies to this topic
SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Last night I was on my way to Paleto, waiting for a friend for a big-rig race. Another friend asked where we were going I said "Paleto." The guy asked how we know place names and for a place like Paleto I thought it a funny question... Like "how do you know where Trevor's airfield is" or something. I realized, there are probably a lot of people who don't use the place names. I'm curious now.

So I wondered, do you go to "Zancudo" and "Chumash" or to "the left of the map?"

Do you try to learn and then use the proper place names or do you just say directions and things like "airport," "desert," etc.?

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 13 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

I guess if you haven't played the story much you might not know the names of places...

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

lol, I make up my own names, so yeah OP, I never did learn the names the game gives :)

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by blk95ta, 13 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Depends. I will say LS or los santos. But zacudo is "the military base"

I always think paleto is the area around route 68 so i guess i don't use that one.

Sometimes i will use an area's real name like the area around the observitory and the famous tunnel seen in several movies tv shows and music videos i will refer to as Griffith Park and the Griffith park tunnel. I even have a custom deathmatch there called Griffith park.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 13 January 2014 - 04:03 PM.

I sometimes go to Paleto if I have a bounty, get a tank (which spawns in a convenient spot there) and wait near the rail tracks nearby, so I have that option, too.

Having a bounty and waiting it out on the railroad is a lot of fun.

• codename_duchess likes this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Use the place names all the time.

I've spent far too much time on this map, I'm even starting to know street names lol

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

yup, often refer to map names of places because.... thats what theyre for lol

its sandy shores airfield, or beekers garage... if we head to Ron Alternates.. we call it Ron Alternates...  certain places we dont use specific names, but thats because tehres obvious ones i.e "Airport", if were in the city, that's LSX.... no need to specify McKenzie or Sandy Shores... its always LSX when were in locality..

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

I know most of the areas outside the city.  I have no interest in the names of the areas there though, and long for a time when I can live "at the top of the map" (Paleto Bay) and just go to the city to kill ants.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 13 January 2014 - 04:39 PM.

I sometimes go to Paleto if I have a bounty, get a tank (which spawns in a convenient spot there) and wait near the rail tracks nearby, so I have that option, too.

Having a bounty and waiting it out on the railroad is a lot of fun.

Too much smoking not enough driving XD!

Back OT I use the proper names, though at first I often used the RL names for places in LA. I mean LS...

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

No because nobody else I play with knows sh*t. They're like, where's the airport? Smh lol

What is east LS? Is that la Mesa or? There's areas I always forget. What neighborhood is the impound lot?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

I still call it pay n spray.
  • Bluesun62, God-eater and TimelyMeerkat like this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

I know my around Los Santos better than I do my RL town!!

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 13 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

I've been to Paleto Bay, was bored since no one was there or was even coming there. And I was too lazy to attempt to invite anyone to come there.

It kind of resulted in a sort of an entire map tour.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Oh, I use the actual names of the locations...and I love hanging out in Paleto Bay. I wish they'd add animals back into the game though, that would make riding through Paleto Forest more interesting.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

rarely. there is no one to kill up there.

• secrules2 likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

place names. part of the roleplay.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Place names if I know them, vague landmarks/descriptions if I don't. The names come up on your screen all the time, so you get to know them eventually.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I like using the actual names of the places on the map. It gives a weird sense of roleplay and knowledge.

• djmatao likes this

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

By there actual names for the most part, but im finding that more and more open lobbies people dont know the names, probably cause they dont play SP and just jump into the online

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Clearly you have never been to the airfield and rigged the Choppers and planes with stickies :) . You get a lot of players going there to pick up aircrafts. 

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Fort Zancudo
North Chumash
South Chumash
Paleto Bay
Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness
Grapeseed
Mckenzie Field Hangar
Sandy Shores Airfield
El Burro Heights
Vinewood Hills

Yeah I use real names

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've been to Paleto Bay, was bored since no one was there or was even coming there. And I was too lazy to attempt to invite anyone to come there.

That's the best part! Nobody has the balls to drive up to Paleto. I've been in full maps where all the knuckleheads are busy shooting each other in front of the LSC (you know which one), I'm just chilling up there with the crew. We're an MC like Sons Of Anarchy and that's our Charming.

• iiGh0STt and TimelyMeerkat like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

That's the best part! Nobody has the balls to drive up to Paleto. I've been in full maps where all the knuckleheads are busy shooting each other in front of the LSC (you know which one), I'm just chilling up there with the crew. We're an MC like Sons Of Anarchy and that's our Charming.

Yeah I can see why people like to be there. Hell, even I do go there sometimes just to see random stuff I haven't seen in Los Santos for example. But eventually the calmness gets boring and you want to go back to be slain by the Tankers. No crew or friend is commonly online (in GTA anyway) when I am, so I'm usually alone if I happen to go there.

• Thr33X likes this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

We use the enitre map when in a crew session. Up to Paleto Bay for a meet up then tackle chilliad, or get choppers/tanks and go from there

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Clearly you have never been to the airfield and rigged the Choppers and planes with stickies :) . You get a lot of players going there to pick up aircrafts. 

lol true... but im not a hide in the shadows and hit you with an IED kinda guy... i am an IED hunter and i look for people like you. damn taliban.

• MC. likes this

uhlinyaface
  • uhlinyaface

CONFLICTED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I always study the map so I know where I'm going. I try to remember the names of the streets as well.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

i dont know the streets by name like i did in IV that i could navigate the entire city with radar off, but i call places by their name or something i can relate to that location.

paleto
big airfield in the desert
trevol's airfield
lsc in the hole

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Paleto, Los Santos, South Los Santos, Trevor's Airfield, the other Airfield, zancudo, chiliad, josiah, gordo, paleto, and the east side of the map is the geographical lingo I use.. 

If anyone doesn't use the name Los Santos at least then you must have gotten the game because everyone else did, you're too young to be playing this game, haven't played video games in while or you're a borderline dumbass. But we appreciate the bandwagonness nonetheless. I try to adjust accordingly based on who I'm playing with. Usually with friends though because I don't like playing with other people who don't fit in with my awesome team synergy.

Kerberos42
  • Kerberos42

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by Kerberos42, 13 January 2014 - 05:43 PM.

The first thing I do when I join a free roam session is hit the down dpad to see how many players are in session. I only like playing in full sessions.

One time I saw that it was full and brought the map up to see where everyone was. LS was empty. No one at LSC, the 400k appt, or any of the usual hangout / spawn killing locations.

Everyone was up in Paleto Bay. I grabbed a heli and went up there. It was probably the most free roam fun I've had. It was basically a big free roam death match, but some people were messing around on the beach, some playing bumper semis, a couple of guys tooling around on bikes. No one was being a jerk, if you weren't carrying a weapon, you didn't get shot at etc. A new comer showed up with a tank and started spawn killing us, but the entire server turned against him and he soon rage quit.

Crusing the same streets in LS gets boring after a while, the rest of the map has so much so much potential.
  • SwingingSpidey likes this

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I learned as I went.  I will say though, that creating as many races as I have, I REALLY know names now!

I call it Paleto, I call the base Zancudo, I call the beach Del Perro, and the docks the docks.  Probably get certain parts of the city a little mixed in with others, but that's ok.  I actually like Sandy Shores.

The radio station there...the talk radio with the hayseeds and hillbillies...kills Me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users