Photo

This game holds your hand and babies you far too much. Where's the

119 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Remember when games (gta included) used to take skill. When you had to figure out how to complete missions instead of press r to cut lock here. Press a to pick up bag. Press b to drop bag etc. There's so little choice it might as well be an interactive movie. "That part was too hard for you? Here just skip it!" Gta 5 was far far too easy. I wish gta 6 would be a more hardcore challenging game but I predict the opposite will happen :(
I can see it now. "Hold rb to see escape route from cops"
  • visionist, kvic, B Dawg and 13 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

I 101% agree with you. It's not at all that challenging.
I have discussed the difficulty issue in the past.
  • theGTAking101, SeaWallTx, The Shadow and 1 other like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Like the entire game is the tutorial mode? Ya.
  • theGTAking101 and SeaWallTx like this

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Remember when games (gta included) used to take skill. When you had to figure out how to complete missions instead of press r to cut lock here. Press a to pick up bag. Press b to drop bag etc. There's so little choice it might as well be an interactive movie. "That part was too hard for you? Here just skip it!" Gta 5 was far far too easy. I wish gta 6 would be a more hardcore challenging game but I predict the opposite will happen :(

IMO, you complain and cry like a baby far too much. :wtf:

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Some guys like it easy, they are called pussies. I like a challenge.

• GamerShotgun, visionist, RyanBurnsRed and 7 others like this

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Some guys like it easy, they are called pussies. I like a challenge.

and some guys like to complain about everything. they are called bitches because they always bitch. :yawn:

• visionist, ChrisMathers3501, Anzand17 and 3 others like this

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Lmao at these responses.
  • GTAboob likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:32 PM Edited by Xerukal, 13 January 2014 - 02:33 PM.

But it's fun. 

...When the game isn't running at 10-20 FPS and making free-aim with a thumbstick virtually impossible and makes auto-aim as exciting and rewarding as watching grass grow. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Without the checkpoint system this would be literally the hardest GTA out there because of the ammount of times you can f*ck up.

• Tupiz likes this

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Without the checkpoint system this would be literally the hardest GTA out there because of the ammount of times you can f*ck up.

This. If V was remade with, let's say, III mission style, then we'd all be f*cked. 

• ChrisMathers3501, SmoothGetaway, DeafMetal and 2 others like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

One thing in particular stands out as a total "WTF?" to me with this game, and that's the ability to downright SKIP entire missions if you fail it 3 times in a row. What the f*ck is this nonsense. Did people really fail so hard at GTA IV that they felt this was honestly necessary? It's the most legitimate ridiculing mark on this game and deserves any and all negative attention. If there's ever been a more casual feature in a game, I simply cannot imagine how noob it has to be to top this.

• Blingy, visionist, SmoothGetaway and 5 others like this

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by Isuck100%, 13 January 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Although I'll never use it, I have no problem with the mission skip feature. This is important to have for more casual players who may get frustrated with a mission and quit playing the game. As a developer, you want players to experience your entire creation and this completely optional feature makes the game more accessible. It's especially important when you see statistics showing only 27% of players actually finished GTA IV.

• Th3MaN1, DeafMetal, John Smith and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by Osho, 13 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

The issue is not about checkpoints system.

The mission themselves lack challenging tasks or difficulty enough that actually makes you conscious about the dangers ahead, the effect of the outcome and that true freedom to plan executing the objectives the way you like without any cut-scenes nonsense, the unnecessary pointers to progress ahead, linear events and almost no brainer for hardcore players yawning at the screen by quickly completing the mission.
There are some great missions in the game but they still offer the challenge in fragments.

If any one ever played Deus Ex: The Conspiracy or Mafia City of Lost Heaven, you will get my point.
  • visionist and Tashan like this

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

No offense dude but when the hell was Grand Theft Auto ever hard? If anything the game got harder what with more precise AI. As for other games I'd be inclined to agree with you and I think that part of the reason for this is because multiplayer has become so popular that I think some developers are under the assumption that most of us don't care for an improved single player experience. The idea likely being that if you don't care for multiplayer then your likely a "casual" gamer and want something less challenging. Who really knows.
  • John Smith and Osho like this

Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris
  • Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:38 PM Edited by Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris, 13 January 2014 - 03:42 PM.

As a developer, you want players to experience your entire creation and this completely optional feature makes the game more accessible. It's especially important when you see statistics showing only 27% of players actually finished GTA IV.

Well, I don´t think the other 73% didn´t finish the game beause it´s too hard. There are just too many ADHD kids out there who get bored way too quickly.  And now they can play GTAO instead of GTA V SP, randomly killing people while driving around in a chrome tank and screaming in the headset is so much fun, much better than concentrating on a storyline.

• visionist, John Smith and MetalMilitia89 like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Actually GTA 5 is the first game i think that makes you skip if you fail a mission in the Openworld Genre,i cant think of others.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

It's not that it isn't difficult, but I think they catered a little too much for the casual gamer with the option to just skip a mission.

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

The only mission i skipped was the yoga one.

• visionist, Osho and Niobium like this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by Cyper, 13 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Welcome to modern videogames.

- You don't play the game, the game plays itself for you.

The reason behind this is because Rockstar want to sell even more copies. Casual gamer's wont touch the game if it requires you to think or practise to get good at it.

The game is dumbed down, plain and simple. Not just in terms of aids, but in terms of mission design and game functions. Health regeneration and poor vehicle physics, for example, is a joke. I just hope Rockstar wont continue down this road. If they do I ditch the franchise. On the bright side: the game is in certain ways more hardcore than before. Finally it is fun to escape the police and guns actually kill.

• visionist, Bertanius, davetopper and 1 other like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Remember when games (gta included) used to take skill.

I always laugh when I read stuff like that about video games. IT'S A VIDEO GAME!  There is no skill involved.... real life situations take skill... video games do not take skills.  People like you are the type that rage when someone owns you online

Cyper
  • Cyper

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by Cyper, 13 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

There is basic motorskills involved in everything you do. You can't perform a single motion without a particular amount of skill. To say that videosgames does not require any skill is incorrect. Developers today try to compress the skillgap. If you play games like ARMA then there is no way you can ''pick and play''. You have to invest a lot of time into the game in order to get good at it and there is no shortcuts and if you do anything wrong the game wont give you any feedback.

• lazy., Boxman108, Ixnay and 1 other like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, but the previous games weren't that helpful. If you needed help, you would have to ask someone or search the internet for an answer. The helping comes in handy every now and then.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yup.
For example: Vice City

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'm kind of in agreement with OP, but...

How are you going to sell millions of games if you ONLY target them at the hardcore? GTA has always been a game that's had a hardcore following, but enough mass appeal to be picked up by casual gamers as well. That's how they make the big bucks. 

If they made it ultra-hard and had more hardcore appeal, it wouldn't get the same reception and review scores would be lower. Chances are, if they made it hard enough, it would only get an indie release, as most publishers don't want to touch niche games (unless they're in Japan, and the less said about Japan's games, the better) 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Although I'll never use it, I have no problem with the mission skip feature. This is important to have for more casual players who may get frustrated with a mission and quit playing the game. As a developer, you want players to experience your entire creation and this completely optional feature makes the game more accessible. It's especially important when you see statistics showing only 27% of players actually finished GTA IV.

If they quit just cause they cant pass a mission, they are not real GTA fans thus they shouldnt be playing this game in the first place.
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

If they quit just cause they cant pass a mission, they are not real GTA fans thus they shouldnt be playing this game in the first place.
What kind of logic is that? What, if somebody can't pass a mission then they are not "true gta fans"? What about all those people that failed to pass the mission in SA in which you have to follow a train? The people who didn't pass that aren't "true gta fans"?
  • GTAboob likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Well, no, that's not really true, is it?

That's like saying people can't play golf unless they use all the clubs. GTA isn't just for the people on this forum, it's for all gamers. If people get stuck and choose to skip the mission, that's their call. 

I've never used it, but I can see why people might. I know quite a few people that only play games to get from the start to the end and experience the whole game, experience the story, etc. If they got stuck on a mission and skipped it, it just makes it easier for them to experience what they want from the game. Getting stuck and not being able to progress isn't a sign of a games hardcore-ness, or it's quality. A game doesn't have to be tough to be good. 

If I'd had mission skip on the old RC missions, I'd have probably considered using it. And I'd probably be a much happier person generally. 

• krashr likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 13 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.

IV had easy SP but the MP definitely required skill because of the driving mechanics.

Then with V, anyone can zoom around a corner at 200mph so no skill involved there. :/

Cyper
  • Cyper

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

I'm kind of in agreement with OP, but...

How are you going to sell millions of games if you ONLY target them at the hardcore? GTA has always been a game that's had a hardcore following, but enough mass appeal to be picked up by casual gamers as well. That's how they make the big bucks. 

If they made it ultra-hard and had more hardcore appeal, it wouldn't get the same reception and review scores would be lower. Chances are, if they made it hard enough, it would only get an indie release, as most publishers don't want to touch niche games (unless they're in Japan, and the less said about Japan's games, the better) 

No one have ever claimed that GTA has to be taken to the extreme when it comes to complexity and realism.

GTA IV was pretty much a good example. It sold well, but it was not as simple as most games today.

Previous GTA games was in the middle. The true nightmare is if GTA becomes just another casual game that getes pooped out now and then, like CoD, for instance.

If GTA IV was to realistic and complex for gamers then I must say i feel ashamed to call myself  a gamer.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by killahmatic, 13 January 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Remember when games (gta included) used to take skill. When you had to figure out how to complete missions instead of press r to cut lock here. Press a to pick up bag. Press b to drop bag etc.

No. That's bullsh*t.

You used to have to do less in earlier GTA's. Shoot, run, and drive were literally all you needed to know.

There was no button for picking up or dropping a bag, you would just automatically have it if you walked over to it. They tell you what button to push because no one would know you even have to push a button. If anything its a step up and allows you to interact more.

Besides GTA is created to be a fun game you kick back and play, not "hardcore". 

• Fuzzknuckles, Officer Ronson and DeafMetal like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users