• Kamd likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Gone back? Never really 'left'. Played Five and found it boringly large. Didn't like being dumped into a firefight as the start, then a chase, I presume as the tutorials. The unstressful start of the San Andreas is more to my liking.
I like to explore. I don't find anything, except being mauled to death by a Puma.
I do like the ability to save at anytime.
The true value of any game is the REplayability, and Five doesn't have it.
  • Blingy, OG Viking, Th3MaN1 and 8 others like this

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

I'm about to. Had some problems with computer, and when i fixed it the game was lost. Now i gotta buy it again.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I just started a new playthrough of SA a few nights ago, so yes. Not that I'm tired of V (probably never will be). It's just nice to visit the classics from time to time. :)
  • Th3MaN1 and ~Tiger~ like this

Drake Johnson
  • Drake Johnson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

Gone back? Never really 'left'.

This.

• Th3MaN1, SergeantSavidge, facialabusedotcom and 1 other like this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Still have the game, still play it! :)

Heck I still play my childhood games, Resident Evil 2 & Metal Gear Soild!

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

I'm pretty sure everyone has a spot for SA in their heart lol. Hell, people still speedrun GTA SA to this day.

• Th3MaN1, Deus Ex, bootswitdafur and 1 other like this

RatedRony
  • RatedRony

Give the pain The Finger

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Playing on my Nexus 7(2013) right now  :beerhat:

• Th3MaN1 and G_Masta_Phunk like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

I use it only for DYOM, so it means yes, i'm back. Remember threads which asked: 'Will you play SA/IV again?' Many people voted 'no' but now it's completely different situation. 

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

Gone back? Never really 'left'.

This.

Same.

• Kamd likes this

Slizor
  • Slizor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Never left SA-MP.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Bought it again yesterday.

I'm really a jinx when it comes to keeping the copy of game. Something always happens to it, either i lose it, break it, or i give it to someone...

• OG Viking likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Playing on my Nexus 7(2013) right now  :beerhat:

You got that OTG cable with PS3 controller too? strait gangsta! its like having a 7 inch ps 2 ... HD screen included! 

Anyways... My story: Bought the game long ago for Xbox.... I loved GTA... played every GTA since 1-Vice city.... Was super excited about San Andreas... Got it. Played it... dunno... never finished it... I loved the coop on the x-box... maybe its because that was all I did... I always had friends over in high school so we would always just do the coop free roam. Before I knew it.. no more X box... had to sell it in order to afford a PS3.... I kinda... forgot about SA... (only just made it to San Ferro)... 

Many a time... I wanted to get it.. but never did (one big reason is to play it with my girlfriend like i used to with my buddy's in high school.... would be funny having her play Denise on the Ps3). Never could just.. spend the 15 bucks to get it because I already had it at one time for X box...

Then it comes out for mobile.... now.. I work at a state park and I have two twelve hour long overnight shifts.... I have been trying to find a fun mobile gaming system for awhile (PsP stories gta games holding me over.. PS vita has nothing good ) 

Anyways... I get it for my Nexus 7 and have been sort of "re-introduced" into the game... not really remembering any of it *a few missions that gave me grief in my early years* I got into it hard. Being alone in a state park with nobody around and GTA SA... ya.. i got into it. 

Thing is... despite what people say about the story... I think it was the 2nd best story in all Gta (dont hate me, I never really played IV and its expansions so I cant compare).... second to Tommy Vercetti's story.... I am just getting to the Triad Missions in Las Venturas and I love the hell out of it. Everything other than the graphics are better in Gta SA than GTa V...

~ Car choice

~ Housing choices

~ businesses you can buy

~ Plane selection

~ Ability to store planes/helicopters

~ 3 Cities... the feeling of traveling to each city... something GTA V missed big time.... was like IV... why I never got into it... was stuck in the damn city.... only V had a huge outback... just nowhere to go in that outback but 2 small towns.... GTA SA had a grip of small towns, distance between them *traveling* as well as 3 huge cities.... I dont know how V is bigger!!! more wasteland and sea covering i guess... 

~ Weapon choices

~ ability to crouch without needing cover (essential)

~ more buildings you can enter *sure no load screens in V but whooho 10 buildings you can enter* 

~ Better sports... Backetball>Tennis

~ Tagging

~Territory wars.

~ Area 51

~ Gettin big Gettin skinny Gettin built

~ Jet pack

~ Aircraft that can land in/ on water... WTF WAS GTA V THINKING NOT HAVING THE SKIMMER OR SEAHAWK

~ and last but not least...

katana.jpg

Samurai Sword. 

For the story? people think it is inconsistent.... I see it as 3 separate chapters in a story.... 1. Family (deception) 2. Revenge (truth revealed) 3. Redemption (self actualization) 

• B Dawg, latigreblue, facialabusedotcom and 1 other like this

Yawk
  • Yawk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I went back to play some missions and San Andreas Multiplayer 

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Postit123, 18 January 2014 - 04:02 PM.

I am going to play it some time when I find the TV that I got the settings perfect for GTA SA.  The old 3D graphics are more to my liking than the HD graphics of newer games.

• facialabusedotcom likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:03 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 19 January 2014 - 11:03 AM.

For modding purposes only, GTA V is my favorite GTA and I will play that instead of GTA San Andreas anyday when there are no mods involved.

With that being said, my PS3 has recently started playing up, so i'm going to have to go back to GTA San Andreas for now.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

Gone back? Never really 'left'. Played Five and found it boringly large. Didn't like being dumped into a firefight as the start, then a chase, I presume as the tutorials. The unstressful start of the San Andreas is more to my liking.
I like to explore. I don't find anything, except being mauled to death by a Puma.
I do like the ability to save at anytime.
The true value of any game is the REplayability, and Five doesn't have it.

This!

I played last weekend, and I plan on doing a play through this weekend.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

I rarely ever play the ps2 version, but I've been playing it on the PC for years, I have countless mods for it

And SAMP sh*ts all over GTA:O

• lolleroz likes this

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by ReekyAlex, 27 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

The unstressful start of the San Andreas is more to my liking.

Believe me, the bicycle chase at the start of San Andreas is much more stressful than the whole prologue of V.

• Sprue, latigreblue and Officer Charles like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Believe me, the bicycle chase at the start of San Andreas is much more stressful than the whole prologue of V.

Many of the missions are stressful. But, you don't have to do them to just explore San Andreas (Los Santos).

In Five you MUST engage in the gunfight and then the Chase or you can't even look around.

• latigreblue and APersonThatJoined like this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Drifting thoughout these threads like a true drifter should.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Got all three classic games on my iPhone right now :) so yes I still play it...

...although I never was much of a fan of GTA 3, City was too depressing.

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Many of the missions are stressful. But, you don't have to do them to just explore San Andreas (Los Santos).

In Five you MUST engage in the gunfight and then the Chase or you can't even look around.

Yeah, but still. It isn't like you could do so much in GTA San Andreas without completing the first handful of missions, I mean you couldn't even save. So even if you first completed a few of the side missions, you still had to complete the first mission eventually. Also, I have a hard time believing someone got actually stuck on the first two missions in GTA V or something. So the first two missions in GTA V before getting to free-roam don't seem like such a big deal to me neither.

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Yes, playing 5 has made me want to re-play San Andreas. I don't have a PS2 anymore so I've been eyeing the iOS version, the only thing that's holding me back is I don't know if the touch screen controls will be too clumsy and I don't play enough games on my phone or tablet to justify spending 100 dollars for a controller.

For those of you who have San Andreas on iOS, do you play on a phone or tablet and how are the touch screen controls?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Get it on PC. Any PC can handle it.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone has a spot for SA in their heart lol. Hell, people still speedrun GTA SA to this day.

Certainly do.

My GTASA lives in my PS2 right under my Xbox!  :cool:

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I still play SAMP, I like the game a lot however GTA V mantains my favourite .

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:07 AM Edited by Tycek, 02 February 2014 - 10:44 AM.

I'm sorry, but no. I left it even before IV going straight back to VC again. I've tried to play it after IV, but SF was the furthest point where I got. I definitely won't be coming back. 

BSD
  • BSD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm usually away from my PS3 & GTAV because I leave it at home while I'm at uni. I brought the GTA Trilogy (3, VC & SA) on my laptop so I'm on one of the three for half an hour most evenings. They are good games to play for fun and without a care for stats, ranking, completion percentage etc. The music & neon of Vice City or gang wars of SA over my dinner is a nice image to come back to after a day of studying :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

No I haven't gone back and played throught the storyline in a few years now. I did play it briefly leading up to GTA V's release but I did that with every GTA to date as a sort of countdown to GTA V's release date.

Can I see myself playing through anytime soon? Not really I like GTA SA but I would rather play through GTA VC, GTA IV and GTA V again before I tried GTA SA.

Wolf247
  • Wolf247

Writer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Never really left, never really played GTA V. The last GTA I played is GTA IV, but I played it for the plot only, as it was extremely laggy (because I thought I could die any minute without playing GTA IV) so GTA San Andreas is still best fo me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users