Photo

Suggestion for the site's report system

4 replies to this topic
Justicescooby
  • Justicescooby

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I reported somebody for posting something supporting dog fights with dogs, in other words, supporting animal cruelty. To support such illegal activities is appalling, and I feel like you should be able to report things related to real life illegal activities. That's my only suggestion. 

Please note; this is not a personal attack on the moderator, the forums, or anybody. I am simply stating my opinion that this should indeed be reportable.

"Don't abuse the reports system for trivial complaints about people's personal opinions unless they're clearly against the terms of service. It's a waste of moderator's time to have to deal with your reports."

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

The issue of dog fighting aside, it's simply a personal opinion whether someone supports it or not. If we take action against someone's personal opinion because someone else finds it offensive, where is the line drawn? While you may not necessarily agree with them, personal opinions are not against the rules. Seems a bit excessive that you were warned for it though, but you'll have to take that up with Sivi. 

• DeafMetal and Justicescooby like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Please also note that it was just a reminder, and won't be considered against you in the future, unless of course you continue to make reports of this nature. Were I to make an assumption, it'd be that sivi is simply suggesting that you take the opportunity to debate this opinion in the topic in question instead of seeking outside intervention.

• Justicescooby likes this

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

I usually report threads who's started by users with the only purpose to do advertising about their own channels on Youtube. So my question is why do you only lock threads and not deleting them? If you only lock the threads who violating the forum rules regarding advertising, the channels will still get the exposure to members and guests here. So in my eyes, GTAForums goes against their own forum rules on this matter.

GTAForums: -"You may not advertise here but we allow it anyway."

• ten-a-penny likes this

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

I usually report threads who's started by users with the only purpose to do advertising about their own channels on Youtube. So my question is why do you only lock threads and not deleting them? If you only lock the threads who violating the forum rules regarding advertising, the channels will still get the exposure to members and guests here. So in my eyes, GTAForums goes against their own forum rules on this matter.

It is really at the individual moderator's/forum leader's discretion as to whether a topic is removed from public view or whether it is just locked. I know for a fact that a lot of the topics that are just there for the purpose of advertising YouTube videos/channels for views/subscribers do end up being removed versus just being locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users