• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,149 replies to this topic
Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:54)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:25)
No, I have actually seen ghosts before. I have even talked to one before. (Yes I realize I will get flamed for this) I am not lying at all. If you don't believe in Ghosts/Souls, then you are an idiot.

You will get "flamed" for what you've said because it's by far the stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure of reading. First and foremost I will have to admit one thing, ghosts are real in a sense. It is possible for a person or creature (a cat or a dog) that has lived with you or around you for an extensive period of time to trick your mind for a few seconds and make you think that they're there but in fact they're not.

I myself have experienced this as when I was younger my mother owned a cat, a cat that had lived in my house since before I was born and when she finally passed at the age of twenty three I was so used to seeing her running around the house my brain would often get confused and make me believe that I'd see a small catlike creature run across the living room or kitchen when in actuality it was just my mind not yet ready to accept her death.

To this day I have issues like that when I'm in that house, I suppose it's the same as when you get lost for a short while when you're younger, you look all around for your parents and your almost certain that half the people you see are them but upon closer inspection it turns out that they aren't. It's the mind's subconsciousness not adapting as quickly as the rest of the person, momentarily fooling them into seeing something that isn't there.

The same rule can be applied to places feeling strange or what have you, I was told by my uncle (an Atheist) that when he visited Jerusalem it felt like there was a presence of God there. I can quite easily see why he would feel it, a good analogy to use in this situation would be to picture yourself doing something so incredibly stupid, you'd anger literally everyone around you. In a situation like that you can sort of feel the hate emanating from the people who dislike you, almost like a sixth sense and it works the same way in a religious location. If nearly every waking thought that people are having revolves around God or religion it's not too outlandish of a theory to claim that those thoughts are impacting and for lack of a better word infecting the world around them.

Anyway I digress, the fact that you've no proof to back up your supposed conversation with a dead being makes me think that you've made this up purely to garner attention. If you have indeed spoken to something or someone beyond the realm of death please tell me, what exactly was it that you talked with them about. From what I've seen of you around here (and yes I do realise that it's rather foolish to judge someone simply from their activity here but since it's all I know of you my assumption will be based solely off of that) you're not exactly the most interesting person, so it boggles the mind to think that of all the people this "exception that proves the rule" decided to speak with you.

In short you're not an idiot if you don't believe in ghosts and especially souls (considering that there's not a single ounce of proof that they exist, so to believe in them so strongly that you would ridicule someone is in fact a much more idiotic thing to do) and if you really want people to take you seriously, bring some proof to back up this supposed conversation with an ethereal being.

nobody cares.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

That isn't very hard to answer, see my sig.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by shiva s, 02 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

GOD EXISTS and I do believe in him. How else do you think we're all here? Sometimes he circles around the dark-blue sky while sometimes he can be found marchig here and there along with people. Had a soul in this blue earth been put in a problem, he either sends one of his trusted messengers or lends his own hands and lifts the soul out of the pit of obscurity.

I'll bow down; I'll kneel before the Lord our maker and sing thy his name: Tank-lujah

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:40)
I am God.

This.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Why can't we all respect each others believes without trying to bring each other down.
  • PreciousWall likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:06)
Why can't we all respect each others believes without trying to bring each other down.

As much as I'd love for this to happen, it won't. There are far too man ignorant people on the forums to understand what and how to even do that.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

If he or she exists, I believe we are free to doubt the existence. In my opinion there is a force, something that initiated everything, an origin.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (lloydo @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:15)
If he or she exists, I believe we are free to doubt the existence. In my opinion there is a force, something that initiated everything, an origin.

I don't think God expects people to believe in him, he just wants people to do what's right. That is what I believe.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:56)
nobody cares.

About your worthless and pointless existence. Glad we agree.

Now anyone that actually wants to have a proper discussion about whether or not there's a God or Gods please, indulge me.

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:01)

Nope, you're an Atheist. I can't stand people who say that they don't believe in God but then go onto say that they're not Atheists, there's no debating that fact, sure you can be unsure of whether or not you believe, but when you start to question is the moment that belief is broken.

You can lie to yourself and claim that while you don't believe in God any longer you're still unsure if you're ready to be labeled an Atheist. If you use a dimmer switch and the light setting is very low, does that mean that it's off ? No. You can only be one of the two, and as much as you wish there was a third option or choice there isn't.

The question and answers are simple as day and night, do you believe in God ? Yes or no. It doesn't matter if you say yes, or no since at the end of the day the fact remains. There is no middle ground.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 19:09)
There are far too man ignorant people on the forums to understand what and how to even do that.

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:25)
If you don't believe in Ghosts/Souls, then you are an idiot.

That includes you, you hypocrite. Now please, leave and spare us of your stupidity.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:05)
I am God.

This.

Ah the theory that we as humans are god. Since we are able to create and destroy things for our own benefit. And by attempting to disprove god, you are attempting to disprove humanity itself.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:19)
nobody cares.

Now anyone that actually wants to have a proper discussion about whether or not there's a God or Gods please, indulge me.

Nope, you're an Atheist. I can't stand people who say that they don't believe in God but then go onto say that they're not Atheists, there's no debating that fact, sure you can be unsure of whether or not you believe, but when you start to question is the moment that belief is broken.

You can lie to yourself and claim that while you don't believe in God any longer you're still unsure if you're ready to be labeled an Atheist. If you use a dimmer switch and the light setting is very low, does that mean that it's off ? No. You can only be one of the two, and as much as you wish there was a third option or choice there isn't.

The question and answers are simple as day and night, do you believe in God ? Yes or no. It doesn't matter if you say yes, or no since at the end of the day the fact remains. There is no middle ground.

I don't agree with anybody, I just share some of their views. However, Don't put words into my mouth, I never said that, that is downright hypocritical.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 19:22)
I am God.

This.

Ah the theory that we as humans are god. Since we are able to create and destroy things for our own benefit.

You could say that you are your own god, that you are in control of your life, but that's not true either.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:23)
I never said that, that is downright hypocritical.

I'm going to assume from your behavior and your responses that you don't know what being hypocritical means do you ?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:22)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 19:09)
There are far too man ignorant people on the forums to understand what and how to even do that.

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:25)
If you don't believe in Ghosts/Souls, then you are an idiot.

That includes you, you hypocrite. Now please, leave and spare us of your stupidity.

People who call other people hypocrites are in fact a hypocrite themselves. Never judge another man's views based on an opinion. Even if it is not Fact, it is still judgmental and downright prejudice.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:19)

So you are trying to say that agnostics are Atheists? There is a middle ground, and that is we don't know. And like I said, Atheists and theists are two sides of the same coin. They are both extremely similar to each other. You both are trying to take different sides on blind faith alone. You can not disprove god, as you can not prove god.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:22)
I am God.

This.

Ah the theory that we as humans are god. Since we are able to create and destroy things for our own benefit.

Thats right! smile.gif
We ourself can be considered GOD. Just because it was MAN who invented GOD not GOD who invented MAN.
How would we know GOD? There must be someone who told us about him and obviously it wont be GOD. sarcasm.gif

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:25)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:23)
I never said that, that is downright hypocritical.

I'm going to assume from your behavior and your responses that you don't know what being hypocritical means do you ?

Like I said, I have my own views on what is what. please do not be Judgmental.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

While I do believe there is some sort of power beyond that which humans can't understand, so they give it names, give it faces, and give it reasons for doing what it does or attribute things to it.

That said, I abhor most religions and the religious for doing what they've done in the names of their "gods." It's a primitive, ugly thing to kill or force your will on others under the banner of your "religion."

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:28)
So you are trying to say that agnostics are Atheists? There is a middle ground, and that is we don't know. And like I said, Atheists and theists are two sides of the same coin. They are both extremely similar to each other. You both are trying to take different sides on blind faith alone. You can not disprove god, as you can not prove god.

Because being an agnostic implies that you can be part of two things that are the polar opposites of one another. That's not to say that they aren't also alike, but that's because they're both the only stances but also the most extreme stances that someone can have in this situation.

To use a rather poor analogy think of Stalin's version of communism IE: Animal Farm and or 1984 and then think of Hitler's Nazi regime. They're both polar opposites in terms of what they want but when you put them side to side they seem extremely similar, the same I suppose is true of Atheism and Religion, but it's impossible to be on a middle ground in this situation.

The whole point of having a middle ground is when there is a position in the middle of the ones that already exist that hasn't been taken. The biggest issue with that is the fact that when you question things that thing, that belief, that link that connects you and your unquestionable belief breaks the moment you find enough flaws in the system to think "what if ...".

To say that you still believe, even when you know there's no proof is stupid, but to say that you could still believe even though there isn't currently any proof but aren't Atheistic is stupider. As I said, think of the whole debate as a light with a dimmer switch. No matter how low the light setting (or for the sake of this analogy your belief) the light is either on or off.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:19)
nobody cares.

Nope, you're an Atheist.

I'm not an atheist.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

god exists.

In the minds of christians .

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:19)
nobody cares.

Nope, you're an Atheist.

I'm not an atheist.

Yes, you are.

Yes or no, on or off, life or death. There's no in-between.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:50)
god exists.

But i'm not Christian, I'm Baptist confused.gif

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 16:50)
god exists.

Do you mean people from other religions dont believe in god? confused.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by Raavi, 02 April 2013 - 05:02 PM.

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 17:40)

To say that you still believe, even when you know there's no proof is stupid, but to say that you could still believe even though there isn't currently any proof but aren't Atheistic is stupider. As I said, think of the whole debate as a light with a dimmer switch. No matter how low the light setting (or for the sake of this analogy your belief) the light is either on or off.

Try to accept and respect other people's believes, it isn't difficult.

I'm agnostic, I acknowledge the possibility of a divine identity. I don't deny the possibility and thus not Atheist.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 17:00)

I have no issue with people or their beliefs, either political or religious. I do expect to be allowed to question their beliefs and what they say, especially when they say that you can't prove a negative. Well bloody done ! It's a negative therefore it is by its' very nature improvable, but to say that there's a possibility for it to exist and seeing that possibility somehow negates the fact that they don't believe in God makes them stupid.

There's no excuse for questioning pure and total fact.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:03)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 17:00)

I have no issue with people or their beliefs, either political or religious. I do expect to be allowed to question their beliefs and what they say, especially when they say that you can't prove a negative. Well bloody done ! It's a negative therefore it is by its' very nature improvable, but to say that there's a possibility for it to exist and seeing that possibility somehow negates the fact that they don't believe in God makes them stupid.

There's no excuse for questioning pure and total fact.

Your fact is another person's question. Not everyone, hell the majority of this globe has different believes they see as facts. It's part of us, humans.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Then I question myself once again, if i don't want to be criticized, I shouldn't post who or what I believe in (this goes for everybody) I can understand you want to share your beliefs and whatnot, but please do not force it onto others. (I'm looking at you atheists!) Nothing more, nothing less.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 17:08)
Then I question myself once again, if i don't want to be criticized, I shouldn't post who or what I believe in (this goes for everybody) I can understand you want to share your beliefs and whatnot, but please do not force it onto others. (I'm looking at you atheists!) Nothing more, nothing less.

I like how you seem to think that Atheism's forcing itself onto others. What's happening to others when they become Atheists is they look at religion and see it for what it is.

An infection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users