• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,149 replies to this topic
Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:58)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:57)
Here is one thing I can't f*cking stand about some people, if you mentioned your religion and say you believe in god and yadayadayada, you will most likely get flamed and someone will say sh*t like: "Your a f*cking idiot, there is no God, get your head out of your ass!" sh*t like that pisses me off! Have some respect for other people's views! Not everyone is the same you know!  One other thing, how else did we get here? Do you think we just appeared out of no where? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. The Universe isn't going to just go bang and pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all i'm saying.

If you want to know the origins of the universe then science is the only logical medium.

That's still not evidence. Get the hell out of here if you have no evidence!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 17:57)
Here is one thing I can't f*cking stand about some people, if you mentioned your religion and say you believe in god and yadayadayada, you will most likely get flamed and someone will say sh*t like: "Your a f*cking idiot, there is no God, get your head out of your ass!" sh*t like that pisses me off! Have some respect for other people's views! Not everyone is the same you know! One other thing, how else did we get here? Do you think we just appeared out of no where? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. The Universe isn't going to just go bang and pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all i'm saying.

One other thing, how else did god get here? Do you think god just appeared out of nowhere? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. God isn't going to pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all I'm saying.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:00)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:58)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:57)
Here is one thing I can't f*cking stand about some people, if you mentioned your religion and say you believe in god and yadayadayada, you will most likely get flamed and someone will say sh*t like: "Your a f*cking idiot, there is no God, get your head out of your ass!" sh*t like that pisses me off! Have some respect for other people's views! Not everyone is the same you know!  One other thing, how else did we get here? Do you think we just appeared out of no where? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. The Universe isn't going to just go bang and pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all i'm saying.

If you want to know the origins of the universe then science is the only logical medium.

That's still not evidence. Get the hell out of here if you have no evidence!

Science is actually capable of producing evidence at least, unlike religion.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:00)

One other thing, how else did god get here? Do you think god just appeared out of nowhere? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. God isn't going to pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all I'm saying.

Did I say god? No, I didn't. Get your facts straight.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:00)

This.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:03)

This.

So you think when we die, our lives will be completely over and no afterlife? I don't wanna die then dammit!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:01)
QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:00)

Did I say god? No, I didn't. Get your facts straight.

God = creator. I'm pretty sure you meant that someone had to create all of this, but who created the creator? Also, if there was nothing before the creator, then he created everything out of nothing, so it's the same thing as science.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm a Christian so yes I believe and respect God.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:05)
So you think when we die, our lives will be completely over and no afterlife? I don't wanna die then dammit!

That is exactly what i think, and yeah, i don't want to die either. I believe once you are dead, you no longer exist in a concious form, not capable of feeling anything or thinking anything, you'll just be worm food until even your physical body disappears.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

This.

Yes, you will die and your life will be completely over.

This is an example of why religious people are there, their minds cannot handle the basic idea of inevitable death so they desperately try to settle themselves with absurd reasoning. (e.g. god)

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:12)

This.

This is an example of why religious people are there, their minds cannot handle the basic idea of inevitable death so they desperately try to settle themselves with absurd reasoning. (e.g. god)

Ghosts exist at least. I mean we will still be able to roam around in ghost form. I believe this because I have seen ghosts before.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 23:14)
Ghosts exist at least. I mean we will still be able to roam around in ghost form. I believe this because I have seen ghosts before.

I believe you mean 'confused souls' bro in their ghost form.

Double L.
  • Double L.

I hate Trevor !!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

@Cosmic Gypsy : Okay, one example, think a computer. CPU, RAM, PSU, Graphics Card, all of them are working for one thing. And the most important thing is computers are made by people. You think a computer can desing itself ? And now think about World there is a lot of things, more advanced than computers, and you think all of them are a coincidence ? Think carefully ALL OF THEM. Human body, science, planets, universe, perfect calculations etc. People have got everything they need. One example foods. There is a lot of evindence not one. You can't see supernatural moments everyday. But this isn't mean your thought.

Why we are living in World ? Why it wasn't Mercury ? Why it wasn't Neptune or why it wasn't another planet there are billions of planets ? Why we have got right living conditions ?

You think we have billionth of a coincidence ? Sorry about spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:16)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 23:14)

I believe you mean 'confused souls' bro in their ghost form.

Well, I hope I am one of them when I die, just so I can still live!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Double L. @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:16)
@Cosmic Gypsy : Okay, one example, think a computer. CPU, RAM, PSU, Graphics Card, all of them are working for one thing. And the most important thing is computers are made by people. You think a computer can desing itself ? And now think about World there is a lot of things, more advanced than computers, and you think all of them are a coincidence ? Think carefully ALL OF THEM. Human body, science, planets, universe, perfect calculations etc. People have got everything they need. One example foods. There is a lot of evindence not one. You can't see supernatural moments everyday. But this isn't mean your thought.

Why we are living in World ? Why it wasn't Mercury ? Why it wasn't Neptune or why it wasn't another planet there are billions of planets ? Why we have got right living conditions ?

You think we have billionth of a coincidence ? Sorry about spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes.

That isn't actually evidence.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:14)

This.

No, you haven't seen a ghost. You've seen a crudely photoshopped picture or you just thought you have.

ThunderSt0rm
  • ThunderSt0rm

(CDC ftw)Do you think we could play another game?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

EVP is a proof that there isn't heaven nor hell. You just basically are an energy that just roams in this world.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:25)
Do I believe there is something more than this life, Yes. Do I believe in a divine entity, No. I do accept and respect everyone and don't judge on religion, skin color or anything similar. I acknowledge the possibility of there being something more. I'm not an Atheist I'm agnostic.

This is me as well.

Also I love how the militant Atheists come out of the woodwork when ever there is a discussion of religion or god. You guys are no better than the people you mock.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:22)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:14)

This.

No, you haven't seen a ghost. You've seen a crudely photoshopped picture or you just thought you have.

No, I have actually seen ghosts before. I have even talked to one before. (Yes I realize I will get flamed for this) I am not lying at all. If you don't believe in Ghosts/Souls, then you are an idiot.

Ed 
  • Ed 

Puusnofl

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • GTA Series Awards - Best Contribution 2009.
    Excellent GTAForums Contributor (carried over from misc. awards).

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm an atheist. I was taught Christian Ethics in Year 1 of school (basically, just listening to stuff about the Bible). Not sure if I believed in a God at any one point in time.

@Double L.: Pointing to various man-made and natural objects, occurrences in nature, etc. is not evidence. It's merely listing things that exist. By saying they can't be a coincidence, you're just stating your opinion that they had to be created by a higher power.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single solid piece of evidence that would suggest, that a God exists, in this topic or otherwise.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 02 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:24)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:25)
Do I believe there is something more than this life, Yes. Do I believe in a divine entity, No. I do accept and respect everyone and don't judge on religion, skin color or anything similar. I acknowledge the possibility of there being something more. I'm not an Atheist I'm agnostic.

This is me as well.

Also I love how the militant Atheists come out of the woodwork when ever there is a discussion of religion or god. You guys are no better than the people you mock.

It's not like i purposely look for any topic religion related, this was just at the top of the gen chat page, it interested me, i started reading then gave my 2 cents.

I'm not trying to change peoples beliefs. I'm just stating what i find most logical.

EDIT : Just to be clear, i have religious friends, they are casual, but still. I respect their views and admire their faith. They don't dismiss fact though, like many religious people tend to do. The religious friends i have embrace science and it's quest for knowledge.

The main problem i have with religion is the ridiculous guidlines a lot of them have, that just have no place in a civilized/modern society. Luckily my religious friends agree that some of these guidlines are total bullsh*t, and they ignore them.

ANOTHER EDIT : Most religious people i know where brain washed into being religious when they were young, either by their parents or by the schools. The school i went to, which was a state school, funded by the government, just an ordinary school, forced us to pray during asembly and before our lunch. Luckily this no longer happens in schools in the UK, partly due to the fact we have such a diversity of religion, and partly due to the fact its total brain washing, forcing beliefs onto young children.

WhatThe?
  • WhatThe?

GTA V

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I believe there isn't a God, When you die you die it'll be like when you weren't even born remember? Exactly thought not. I believe in what I believe in and other people believe in what they believe in. I don't have a problem with that, just don't force it on me okay? Good. smile.gif

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Yes I do believe and respect him.

One thing that I hate about atheists is that they think that if you believe in God then you can't learn science, but if you look back the Arabs was advanced for their time, You don't believe me then watch some documentary about when Arabs conquered Spain.

Tyler
  • Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:24)

Here I am trying to be subtle about it and General just lays it out like it is. I'm agreed with this sentiment, to be honest. Then again I suppose I don't adhere to the idea that there's some perfect way that humanity should be edging along. If one had that kind of conviction in them, it'd be too easy to believe it was a good or that they knew what was best for those dumb, ignorant theists.

roebuck34
  • roebuck34

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I do not belive in god i do respect people who do if they respect that i don't else im gonna troll 'em devil.gif

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 10:39)
Yes I do believe and respect him.

One thing that I hate about atheists is that they think that if you believe in God then you can't learn science, but if you look back the Arabs was advanced for their time, You don't believe me then watch some documentary about when Arabs conquered Spain.

This exactly. I have always believed in God, Jesus as well. Nor have I ever doubted him when I have been down and out. You know that feeling you get when you go to Church and your heart is filled with Happiness and Love? (not the exact words but you get what I mean) Well I have always Respected God, and I always will! Nobody has a right to tell me to change my mind. I respect others views too, but to a certain extent.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I don't believe in God at all, don't think I ever did.

JVB
  • JVB

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Btw. I have a question for atheists. Are you people even aware of the fact that Jesus's God is not the God of the Bible/Old Testament? His God/Father has a lot more similarities with what is in the East called Brahman than with anything else.

„I am in the Father, and the Father in me.“
„'The Brahman is the same as the ether which is around us; and the ether which is around us, is the same as the ether which is within us.“

„I and the Father are One“
„The Self is Brahman“

There are a lot more quotes from Jesus and in the Upanishads that prove this.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Double L. @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:16)

What you are saying there is because there is a watch, there must be a watchmaker, and because there is a human something must have made the human.

Unfortunately this theory has long since been debunked by evolutionary biologists. It has taken billions of years of evolution by natural selection to arrive at the human being and the same amount of years to arrive at every living thing on the planet today - whatever size or complexity that being is.

That said, the complexity of the human species has in part evolved a way of transfering information from one individual to another. These packages of information are known as 'memes' - not to be confused with the funny pictures we see on the internet. They are meant as a way of changing another individuals behaviour.

Now some of these memes can take the form of the spoken word between one individual and another - they don't have to be true or factual. They do not exist in physical form, but they can and do transform the behaviour of another individual. One such meme is a belief in God - people pass this information around and alter behaviour according to what that belief entails.

This is the only way God exists - people try to convince other people to believe in God and those people accept it...or not. Because it is changing the way people behave, there is some validity (in my opinion) in saying it exists - just like we say justice, liberty and love exist. You cannot weigh these things, you cannot hold them in your hand, but the fact that they are ideas that influence what we do is an existence of sorts.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 15:25)
No, I have actually seen ghosts before. I have even talked to one before. (Yes I realize I will get flamed for this) I am not lying at all. If you don't believe in Ghosts/Souls, then you are an idiot.

You will get "flamed" for what you've said because it's by far the stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure of reading. First and foremost I will have to admit one thing, ghosts are real in a sense. It is possible for a person or creature (a cat or a dog) that has lived with you or around you for an extensive period of time to trick your mind for a few seconds and make you think that they're there but in fact they're not.

I myself have experienced this as when I was younger my mother owned a cat, a cat that had lived in my house since before I was born and when she finally passed at the age of twenty three I was so used to seeing her running around the house my brain would often get confused and make me believe that I'd see a small catlike creature run across the living room or kitchen when in actuality it was just my mind not yet ready to accept her death.

To this day I have issues like that when I'm in that house, I suppose it's the same as when you get lost for a short while when you're younger, you look all around for your parents and your almost certain that half the people you see are them but upon closer inspection it turns out that they aren't. It's the mind's subconsciousness not adapting as quickly as the rest of the person, momentarily fooling them into seeing something that isn't there.

The same rule can be applied to places feeling strange or what have you, I was told by my uncle (an Atheist) that when he visited Jerusalem it felt like there was a presence of God there. I can quite easily see why he would feel it, a good analogy to use in this situation would be to picture yourself doing something so incredibly stupid, you'd anger literally everyone around you. In a situation like that you can sort of feel the hate emanating from the people who dislike you, almost like a sixth sense and it works the same way in a religious location. If nearly every waking thought that people are having revolves around God or religion it's not too outlandish of a theory to claim that those thoughts are impacting and for lack of a better word infecting the world around them.

Anyway I digress, the fact that you've no proof to back up your supposed conversation with a dead being makes me think that you've made this up purely to garner attention. If you have indeed spoken to something or someone beyond the realm of death please tell me, what exactly was it that you talked with them about. From what I've seen of you around here (and yes I do realise that it's rather foolish to judge someone simply from their activity here but since it's all I know of you my assumption will be based solely off of that) you're not exactly the most interesting person, so it boggles the mind to think that of all the people this "exception that proves the rule" decided to speak with you.

In short you're not an idiot if you don't believe in ghosts and especially souls (considering that there's not a single ounce of proof that they exist, so to believe in them so strongly that you would ridicule someone who doesn't is in fact a much more idiotic thing to do) and if you really want people to take you seriously, bring some proof to back up this supposed conversation with an ethereal being.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users