Do you believe in GOD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,149 replies to this topic
Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Gamelord, 15 April 2013 - 09:51 AM.

"You must know him. He is the one who created us. Everything in this universe happens according to him. You must worship him. And he is GOD."
You must have told something like this by your parents. I too was told and I believed it when I was a little kid. But now I think my belief is fading... So can I know
Do you believe in GOD? State the reason why. monocle.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

I used to. Until I realised that my belief in the Abrahamic God conflicted with my belief that I am God.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Just like yours, my belief started to fade over time too. This year's Easter brought it back a bit, I guess... Now, I may not be the best believer and I may not obey all of God's rules and laws, but I do accept him / her as the ruler of all. I'm not really sure about it, it takes time to develop an opinion on this and figure out whether you believe or not, I guess. I'm messed up lately, so I can't tell you for sure. confused.gif smile.gif

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Due to the fact that this will 100% guaranteed turn into a sh*tstorm and get locked, I'll get my 2 cents in before someone gets to it.

I do beleive that there is some type of devine power, but I don't have any set religion. Whether it be the Christian depiction of god, the Muslim interpretation of god or, heck, even the ancient Greek gods, I don't know.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm starting to doubt that god really exists.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yes, I do believe in God. Who do you think created us? smile.gif I have always believed in God since I was taught by my parents to do so.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I do not believe in god at all. Ever since i was a child i have thought the concept of god and religion is total bullsh*t.

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Of course there's a god Morgan Freeman

But for real, I do believe there's a god, but what kind, I just don't know myself. There are like millions of "gods" in the world that are told by our ancestors. Because of the stories that I heard from different countries, I believe there's a god.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

The idea of a God's irrational and pathetic, invented by humanity to protect their fragile little minds from the dark abyss that is death.
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod, heer and PsychoGamer3 like this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'd like to believe.

Who knows, really.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:43)
There are like millions of "gods" in the world that are told by our ancestors. Because of the stories that I heard from different countries, I believe there's a god.

Well, our ancestors always used gods to explain things they couldn't understand. Things like a lunar eclipse for example. So idk if you should put too much faith in the gods they've spoken of.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 13:50)
QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:43)
There are like millions of "gods" in the world that are told by our ancestors. Because of the stories that I heard from different countries, I believe there's a god.

Well, our ancestors always used gods to explain things they couldn't understand. Things like a lunar eclipse for example. So idk if you should put too much faith in the gods they've spoken of.

The whole thought or idea of a God or Gods is completely idiotic. Humanity needs to have a babysitter, nanny Jesus is a great example of this as humanity needs the thought of an omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent being to look after them. Pathetic.

God is a weakness, a weakness that shouldn't be tolerated. Religion in nearly all of its forms is a disease, and if I had the choice I'd see it ripped from the earth so we could begin anew. Unfortunately for humanity, I can not.
  • nobum62 likes this

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I do believe there is a God. I'm a christian(yeah I'll get flamed for this) but I don't do much christian stuff(like listening to praise and worship everyday, I do the opposite)
  • D3ADSH0T likes this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by GrandMaster Smith, 02 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

I believe in God as being the intelligent creative force behind the universe.

I know it's opinion, but things just make so much more sense from a designed perspective to me- biology and sciences altogether really. Organized religion, I'm not so sure I can agree with.. Definitely some things within it like Jesus' existence that I believe to be true though.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Don't know about other countries, I am talking about my country.
In my country there are many means many believers of god. They tell us that god is very very kind and gentle, but they sacrifice the innocent animals and say that it is a gift to god. God made those animals and will god accept if his creation is destroyed and is returned to him as a gift?
Not only this there are temples more than schools here! And in those those temples everyday lakhs of people offer god tons of food beverages and all that is either thrown away or is given to some houses. But there are poor people just outside the temples dying of hunger and no one cares for them. Will god accept it?
That's why my belief in him is gone forever...
  • nobum62 likes this

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I sort of believe there is a God out of this world.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Friedrich Nietzsche is our god so yes i believe in him.

Double L.
  • Double L.

I hate Trevor !!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Of course i believe. I have no doubt. There's a lot of evidences for proof.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:25 PM Edited by Raavi, 02 April 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Do I believe there is something more than this life, Yes. Do I believe in a divine entity, No. I do accept and respect everyone and don't judge on religion, skin color or anything similar. I acknowledge the possibility of there being something more. I'm not an Atheist I'm agnostic.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Double L. @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:25)
Of course i believe. I have no doubt. There's a lot of evidences for proof.

Name 1 bit of evidence.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I don't believe in god, there's no evidence.
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod and PsychoGamer3 like this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm in between, my mom is Christian and 99% of my family... my dad is Athiest. I believe sometimes there is a God out there but other times when things don't work out in life no matter what I do I feel like it's just a huge lie.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 02 April 2013 - 02:46 PM.

QUOTE (RyujinXKaizer @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:00)
I do believe there is a God. I'm a christian(yeah I'll get flamed for this) but I don't do much christian stuff(like listening to praise and worship everyday, I do the opposite)

This.

Who cares really? Most of this forum has Atheists anyway, all the OP is trying to do is start a Religion war, and it won't end up well, I can tell you that.

And also, sometimes I wonder, if there is actually an afterlife or not, if i died, would my life be completely over and be nothingness? I'm kind of scared of this if its true.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (RyujinXKaizer @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 09:00)

This.

Who cares really? Most of this forum has Atheists anyway, all the OP is trying to do is start a Religion war, and it won't end up well, I can tell you that.

I don't want to start any war nor I mentioned any religion. I think there is one god for all religion just with different names(though I don't believe in god).

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 07:57)
The whole thought or idea of a God or Gods is completely idiotic. Humanity needs to have a babysitter, nanny Jesus is a great example of this as humanity needs the thought of an omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent being to look after them. Pathetic.

God is a weakness, a weakness that shouldn't be tolerated. Religion in nearly all of its forms is a disease, and if I had the choice I'd see it ripped from the earth so we could begin anew. Unfortunately for humanity, I can not.

Hear, Hear. This man is a voice of truth and reason in an otherwise ignorant world. Let his words shine on. Bask in them, thanking whomever gifted this wisdom to him. In times of our own falling, men like this are the true heroes that seek to guide us from the gutters and begin an Age of Reason wherein the truth, that is to say the real truth, is the only thing left. It is for him to decide what is weak, and for now, religion is weak. C'mon: everyone join together, collect your share of meaningful words and analogies. Disease? Yes! Religion is a disease now. Weakness? You bet your ass God is a weakness now. If we work hard enough, we'll be ones deciding what's what. That's what we want, isn't it?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I actually agree with Lightning Strike, religion is a disease that needs to be ended. It starts wars and holds back the progress of society in many places. Only religion i support is buddhism, and they don't actually believe in a god. Religion should have no place in a modern society.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I believe in god.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:51)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 07:57)

Hear, Hear. This man is a voice of truth and reason in an otherwise ignorant world. Let his words shine on. Bask in them, thanking whomever gifted this wisdom to him. In times of our own falling, men like this are the true heroes that seek to guide us from the gutters and begin an Age of Reason wherein the truth, that is to say the real truth, is the only thing left. It is for him to decide what is weak, and for now, religion is weak. C'mon: everyone join together, collect your share of meaningful words and analogies. Disease? Yes! Religion is a disease now. Weakness? You bet your ass God is a weakness now. If we work hard enough, we'll be ones deciding what's what. That's what we want, isn't it?

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Here is one thing I can't f*cking stand about some people, if you mentioned your religion and say you believe in god and yadayadayada, you will most likely get flamed and someone will say sh*t like: "Your a f*cking idiot, there is no God, get your head out of your ass!" sh*t like that pisses me off! Have some respect for other people's views! Not everyone is the same you know! One other thing, how else did we get here? Do you think we just appeared out of no where? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. The Universe isn't going to just go bang and pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all i'm saying.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:57)
Here is one thing I can't f*cking stand about some people, if you mentioned your religion and say you believe in god and yadayadayada, you will most likely get flamed and someone will say sh*t like: "Your a f*cking idiot, there is no God, get your head out of your ass!" sh*t like that pisses me off! Have some respect for other people's views! Not everyone is the same you know! One other thing, how else did we get here? Do you think we just appeared out of no where? What is this a fairy tale? Come on, get real. The Universe isn't going to just go bang and pop out of no where like that, someone had to create it right? Well that's all i'm saying.

If you want to know the origins of the universe then science is the only logical medium.

Science is happy to be proved wrong, religion however isn't. So religion is stuck in its own little fair tail world most of the time, unable to progress from its primitive concepts.
  • nobum62 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users