Quantcast

» «
Photo

Glitches are glitches.

177 replies to this topic
RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Rockstar's terrible programmers who created a game with an unacceptable number of glitches exploits and their failure to properly deal with it is what's really ruining all our experiences.  We shouldn't have to debate the degree's of severity for exploits due to a sloppily made game. 

Yes, because people who dupe vehicles for other people that are not normally online, such as the Epsilon colored vehicles, ruin other people's experiences. People who had cop cars in their garages ruined other player's experiences because they had a siren on their cars and other people didn't. While OP has admitted to using god mode, summoning UNLIMITED cougars, using the tow truck, and using a DNS, he comes here to compare the two things as being the same but splits them up into two categories when defining and giving examples. Sounds about legit....

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

I cant believe this thread has made it to 5 pages. Im thinking OP is just trolling. No one is that stupid are they?

They joined yesterday.. so,  :lol:

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Rockstar's terrible programmers who created a game with an unacceptable number of glitches exploits and their failure to properly deal with it is what's really ruining all our experiences.  We shouldn't have to debate the degree's of severity for exploits due to a sloppily made game. 

Yes, because people who dupe vehicles for other people that are not normally online, such as the Epsilon colored vehicles, ruin other people's experiences. People who had cop cars in their garages ruined other player's experiences because they had a siren on their cars and other people didn't. While OP has admitted to using god mode, summoning UNLIMITED cougars, using the tow truck, and using a DNS, he comes here to compare the two things as being the same but splits them up into two categories when defining and giving examples. Sounds about legit....

It's still the Devs fault they failed to keep players from exploiting the game.  I had to pay insurance for killing several players in cop cars so it did affect my game and wallet.  They weren't a vehicle I was supposed to get badsport points or pay for destroying.  I put in a ticket to Rockstar for that and the tanks being insured.  Duping cars while harmless to you and I it does affect microtransactions which unfortunately are what Rockstar was relying on to pay for updating and making free DLC for GTA.  I place 90% blame on Rockstar they should have done a better job with programing and the other 10% is just human nature. 

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

ltiching trough walls aint that bad sinc eyou mostly ruining your own game but besides that f*ck lcs glitch

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

OP you're an idiot alongside with these people that liked your topic. 

Think about it, with glitches we could just earn money and it didn't affect other people...Why? We aren't able to share cash from last job to other players.

You having more money than you should affects other people. Why are so many people here blind to this?

If you can buy something after glitching, like a car upgrade or extra rpg ammo, that you couldn't buy otherwise, then it affects other people.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

This whole argument about Rockstar leaving holes in the game which allow exploits means its Rockstars fault is like saying if your window-lock is faulty it is your own fault you got burgled.

No it isn't.

If you thought you locked the window, but the lock was faulty, and some low-life comes along and discovers they can get in through your window and steal your stuff, it is the low-lifes fault you got burgled. They should go to jail. They have no right to enter your house and steal your stuff, just because it was possible for them.

What is the world coming to?!

CrazyWeasel
  • CrazyWeasel

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

This is some nice logic OP...

Spoiler

That spoiler made me laugh soup out of nose you bastard. Lol
  • GTA-Freak-Vi and am30 like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Think about it, with glitches we could just earn money and it didn't affect other people...Why? We aren't able to share cash from last job to other players.

You having more money than you should affects other people. Why are so many people here blind to this?

If you can buy something after glitching, like a car upgrade or extra rpg ammo, that you couldn't buy otherwise, then it affects other people.

Perhaps in the same way the Moon effects the tides of the ocean on Earth.

Godmode users are more like a Tsunami.

See the difference? Tides don't do much damage, while a Tsunami wipes out everything in its path.

When looking at the the severity of a particular event, you must take into account the damages.

If you can't distinguish the difference between having more money and being invincible, you are a retard who should stfu.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

Having a tank before level 70 is just as horrible as having a firetruck that fires RPGs imo.
  • maschil likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

Having a tank before level 70 is just as horrible as having a firetruck that fires RPGs imo.

what I want to know is...why is it not a cheat for single player

Spiffy McNugget
  • Spiffy McNugget

Titled Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

This whole argument about Rockstar leaving holes in the game which allow exploits means its Rockstars fault is like saying if your window-lock is faulty it is your own fault you got burgled.
No it isn't.
If you thought you locked the window, but the lock was faulty, and some low-life comes along and discovers they can get in through your window and steal your stuff, it is the low-lifes fault you got burgled. They should go to jail. They have no right to enter your house and steal your stuff, just because it was possible for them.

Rockstar made the game. Just like the manufacturer made the window lock. If you know you locked the window and its faulty then no it's not your fault. Its the manufacturers fault for not having proper quality control and selling you a faulty lock.

The analogy your using is saying its not the players fault if the game is broken and another player finds an exploit. Its the other players fault and the person who sold you the faulty game in the beginning has no accountability.

Yeah it's R* fault and its the exploiters fault also for taking advantage.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Perhaps in the same way the Moon effects the tides of the ocean on Earth.

Godmode users are more like a Tsunami.

See the difference? Tides don't do much damage, while a Tsunami wipes out everything in its path.

When looking at the the severity of a particular event, you must take into account the damages.

If you can't distinguish the difference between having more money and being invincible, you are a retard who should stfu.

And if you can't read my posts and understand that I AM NOT ARGUING THEY ARE THE SAME, I AM ARGUING AGAINST PEOPLE WHO KEEP SAYING GLITCHING AFFECTS NOBODY ELSE, then YOU are the retard who should stfu.

So stfu. 

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

This is your opinion, which is wrong :)

• Pixel S likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

This is all 100% correct. I can tell this as it is written 100% in bold and using bold makes posts seem much more authoritative.

No really sure what the point of this thread is but if you feel you needed to get that off your chest then I'm happy for you.

Nice contribution. There is no difference. It's like saying you shooting a guy in the leg is no worst then shooting a guy in the stomach. You still shot him.

There's a huge difference in fact.  You either get an injured leg or you suffer such damage to your vital organs that you bleed out and die a painful death.

Glitching is wrong, that is true but you cannot in all seriousness say that someone who took advantage of a loophole in the game is anywhere near as bad as someone who is altering game files and screwing the game up for everyone else.  If I had done the LSC glitch, who does it affect?  Me and me only.  I run around in Godmode blasting everyone and everything in sight, who does it adversly affect?  Everyone.  Huge difference if you look close enough.

Who does the LSC glitch affect?

Everyone who races against you, when you are in a car that was modded using glitched cash. Everyone who you chase in a car in free mode where the performance of your car was increased with mods bought using glitched cash. Everyone you kill using bullets/grenades/sticky bombs/rpg's you bought with glitched cash.

If you can buy things that you would not have been able to buy without glitched cash, it affects others.

..if you look close enough.

Doesn't affect me.  I've won races with a car without engine mods.  Just got to pick the right races and host them so you can disallow modded vehicle.  Me buying something with gifted cash does not affect others as they are things I'd have bought sooner or later and my rank is 100% legitimate so everything has been unlocked honestly.  Stuff that actually breaks the game like Godmode and tsunami hack are far worse.

But clearly you're going for a bit of drama and are missing the point you're trying to make.

I shouldn't have to pick races that disallow modded vehicles, I should only be in races with people who legitimately modded their vehicles. You buying car mods with LSC glitched cash DOES affect others as they are things you would have had later, rather than sooner.

Try actually reading what I wrote.  i gave you a solution but you clealry did not bother reading it.  You host the race and you can choose to not allow modded vehicles. 

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HOST MY OWN RACES TO AVOID PLAYING WITH GLITCHERS OR HACKERS OR MODDERS.

The solution is not to adapt the way that I play, but to eradicate the people who play illegitimately.

There is nothing wrong with racing against people with upgraded vehicles. But there is something wrong with racing with people who glitched money to upgrade their vehicles. See the difference here?

I did read it, thus why I was able to provide you with a solution.  you are moaing about something that we all have to put up with and will never be resolved.  The solution is simple.  I'm begining to wonder if you've actually played this game.

It doesn't matter how someone has got their modded car.  Fact is you're still racing against a modded vehicle.  You're not going to know if a modded car is legitimate or not are you?  The only way round this is to host your own races.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by speedfreek67, 13 January 2014 - 07:39 PM.

This is all 100% correct. I can tell this as it is written 100% in bold and using bold makes posts seem much more authoritative.

No really sure what the point of this thread is but if you feel you needed to get that off your chest then I'm happy for you.

Nice contribution. There is no difference. It's like saying you shooting a guy in the leg is no worst then shooting a guy in the stomach. You still shot him.

There's a huge difference in fact.  You either get an injured leg or you suffer such damage to your vital organs that you bleed out and die a painful death.

Glitching is wrong, that is true but you cannot in all seriousness say that someone who took advantage of a loophole in the game is anywhere near as bad as someone who is altering game files and screwing the game up for everyone else.  If I had done the LSC glitch, who does it affect?  Me and me only.  I run around in Godmode blasting everyone and everything in sight, who does it adversly affect?  Everyone.  Huge difference if you look close enough.

Who does the LSC glitch affect?

Everyone who races against you, when you are in a car that was modded using glitched cash. Everyone who you chase in a car in free mode where the performance of your car was increased with mods bought using glitched cash. Everyone you kill using bullets/grenades/sticky bombs/rpg's you bought with glitched cash.

If you can buy things that you would not have been able to buy without glitched cash, it affects others.

..if you look close enough.

Doesn't affect me.  I've won races with a car without engine mods.  Just got to pick the right races and host them so you can disallow modded vehicle.  Me buying something with gifted cash does not affect others as they are things I'd have bought sooner or later and my rank is 100% legitimate so everything has been unlocked honestly.  Stuff that actually breaks the game like Godmode and tsunami hack are far worse.

But clearly you're going for a bit of drama and are missing the point you're trying to make.

I shouldn't have to pick races that disallow modded vehicles, I should only be in races with people who legitimately modded their vehicles. You buying car mods with LSC glitched cash DOES affect others as they are things you would have had later, rather than sooner.

Try actually reading what I wrote.  i gave you a solution but you clealry did not bother reading it.  You host the race and you can choose to not allow modded vehicles. 

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HOST MY OWN RACES TO AVOID PLAYING WITH GLITCHERS OR HACKERS OR MODDERS.

The solution is not to adapt the way that I play, but to eradicate the people who play illegitimately.

There is nothing wrong with racing against people with upgraded vehicles. But there is something wrong with racing with people who glitched money to upgrade their vehicles. See the difference here?

I did read it, thus why I was able to provide you with a solution.  you are moaing about something that we all have to put up with and will never be resolved.  The solution is simple.  I'm begining to wonder if you've actually played this game.

It doesn't matter how someone has got their modded car.  Fact is you're still racing against a modded vehicle.  You're not going to know if a modded car is legitimate or not are you?  The only way round this is to host your own races.

Of course I have played the game, since it was first released. Your solution would preclude me from using a car of my own that was modded legitimately, so it is no solution at all.

Your solution PROVES that people who upgrade their cars using glitched cash are affecting me.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

So if you have a modded car, what the hell are you complaining at?!

If you have a modded car it does not affect you.  I rarely race so it does not affect me.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

If you have a modded car it does not affect you.  I rarely race so it does not affect me.

You obviously don't do logic much, do you?

The more people who upgrade cars, the more cars in a race on average that my car won't outperform. So it is in my interest that the least amount of people are able to fully modify their cars. Cars upgraded with glitched cash skews the odds against me.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yes this extra money floating around will give those without it a disadvantage. That I will not argue. There is also no point having a sook about it on a forum though.

I do claim however that being gifted money does not make me a glitcher/hacker/modder. Clean as a whistle and there is no argument you can make to make me change my mind. If you think otherwise thats fine. You are entitled to your opinion. Even if in my opinion you are wrong.

Either way though there is nothing anyone except R* can do about it. Hows those apples?

• MantisFang and am30 like this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

The more people who upgrade cars, the more cars in a race on average that my car won't outperform. So it is in my interest that the least amount of people are able to fully modify their cars. Cars upgraded with glitched cash skews the odds against me.

Still not reading what is put before you?  How is you hosting races and not allowing modded vehicles illogical?  By the sounds of it, you're moaning because you're not the only one who has a modded vehicle and you keep getting handed your ass in races.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Murdock fu*king rules.

Yes this extra money floating around will give those without it a disadvantage. That I will not argue. There is also no point having a sook about it on a forum though.

I do claim however that being gifted money does not make me a glitcher/hacker/modder. Clean as a whistle and there is no argument you can make to make me change my mind. If you think otherwise thats fine. You are entitled to your opinion. Even if in my opinion you are wrong.

Either way though there is nothing anyone except R* can do about it. Hows those apples?

• Headdogg81 likes this

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by speedfreek67, 14 January 2014 - 01:15 AM.

Still not reading what is put before you?  How is you hosting races and not allowing modded vehicles illogical?  By the sounds of it, you're moaning because you're not the only one who has a modded vehicle and you keep getting handed your ass in races.

*sigh*

Hosting races and not allowing modded vehicles is limiting my experience. And no, I do not keep getting handed my ass in races either. What you cannot seem to grasp is this is about the principle of the matter at hand.

The point I am making here, and have always been making here, is that glitched money does affect other players. Full stop. End of. There is no logical argument against this so why are you arguing?

You keep suggesting that I can sidestep the matter at hand by hosting races with no car mods, and each time you do this you are completely missing the point I have been making all along.

This isn't about the car mods themselves, this is about the FACT that glitched money (from the LSC glitch, which is what I have been arguing against) DOES affect others, be it through car upgrades, better vehicles, more bullets and bombs or whatever. That's it.

People who keep saying "My doing the LSC glitch affects nobody but me" are wrong. That's it.

Now can we please move along, and can you please desist from making asinine suggestions? 

You are quite correct here. Being gifted money does not make you a glitcher/hacker/modder. Your conscience is clear, even if you are howlin' mad!   :)

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

What you are not getting is that we just dont give a f** if glitch money affects you or not.

do some missions get some money level up get mods

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

No it isn't.

lol Rockstar knew the window was faulty and left it open for 3 months...If you did the same it would be your fault if a burglar opened your window and jumped right in :) though the burglar is guilty as well.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

What you are not getting is that we just dont give a f** if glitch money affects you or not.

What you are not getting is that I am only talking to the people who claim, wrongly, that glitching money affects nobody but themselves. As you are not one of the people who has been saying that in this thread, why comment?

I don't give a f*** that you don't care about it, some people care about it enough to claim their glitching money doesn't affect anyone else, when it obviously does. Get over it.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Weltschmerz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Daisuke vs, GTAForums! Lol. Anyways, he ..sort of has a point, but the execution was ALL. WRONG!

• I.haigh likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

What you are not getting is that I am only talking to the people who claim, wrongly, that glitching money affects nobody but themselves. As you are not one of the people who has been saying that in this thread, why comment?

I don't give a f*** that you don't care about it, some people care about it enough to claim their glitching money doesn't affect anyone else, when it obviously does. Get over it.

If anyone needs to get over anything it is you sir.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

LOL. That would only be true if the topic I am addressing was a matter of opinion.  :)

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

It's still the Devs fault they failed to keep players from exploiting the game.  I had to pay insurance for killing several players in cop cars so it did affect my game and wallet.  They weren't a vehicle I was supposed to get badsport points or pay for destroying.  I put in a ticket to Rockstar for that and the tanks being insured.  Duping cars while harmless to you and I it does affect microtransactions which unfortunately are what Rockstar was relying on to pay for updating and making free DLC for GTA.  I place 90% blame on Rockstar they should have done a better job with programing and the other 10% is just human nature. 

cop cars had $0 insurance costs but would give you bad sport, but I know what your getting at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users