Glitches are glitches.

177 replies to this topic
Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

The OP is kind of right. Both glitching and hacking ruins the game for other people. At the same time they are different in severity. Think of it in crime standards, because this is against the rules of the game w/e. Selling a small bit of cocaine will get you into trouble, selling a whole shipping container full of cocaine will get you into MORE trouble. So glitchers should be put in the cheaters pool for a WHILE, hackers should be terminated from the game full stop. I don't believe exploiting things in a game which the devs were too lazy to test warrants a perma ban, hacking isn't the same, hacking is using your own initiative to change things in the game, you don't deserve to play with people as a hacker, because you aren't a person. Harmful hackers shouldn't be classed as people, they are on the same level as paedophiles and should be treated as such. True story.

• iainspad likes this

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Mate, thank you for your profound treatise on the difference between glitches and hacking. I'm quite certain that this work of superior intellect has provided many insights that have never been heard on this forum before. I'm quite certain it will change the appalling, disgraceful behaviour that runs rampant on these forums and bring all people into line with your vision of the game.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by Malibu454, 12 January 2014 - 02:42 PM.

How do you get unlimited Cougars??

Do you mean the cat or Older Chicks looking to devour young men?

To OP.

Kindly remove the pole from your arse!

You might have to step down from your high mighty "I'm so legit" throne first, though.

• iainspad likes this

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Nonsense. Its not the same thing. Bottom line

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

good thread OP

those guys with masks AND glasses were really ruining my experience

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Oh and @speedfreak, simply because you found some way in which something is negative (wasting time? Like that happens for every single glitch) you can't justify all glitches are wrong. I think you're meant to be talking solely about exploits, which are actually deliberately done like what you're trying to say. Except if I dupe a car, I haven't wasted everybody's time...what twisted logic is that? That literally has no negative impact on anybody. 

If you read the thread, you will find that I was using the same definition as the OP.

If you dupe a car, then it devalues the effort put in by everyone else in the game who got that car legitimately. This is trivially obvious. 

• Jlogano22 likes this

Spiffy McNugget
  • Spiffy McNugget

Titled Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

This is all 100% correct. I can tell this as it is written 100% in bold and using bold makes posts seem much more authoritative.

No really sure what the point of this thread is but if you feel you needed to get that off your chest then I'm happy for you.

Nice contribution. There is no difference. It's like saying you shooting a guy in the leg is no worst then shooting a guy in the stomach. You still shot him.

Shooting someone in the leg is going to give them more of a chance to survive then shooting someone in the stomach.

Wearing a mask with glasses is no longer a glitch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch

Video game glitches:

"Glitches/Bugs are software errors that can cause drastic problems within the code, and typically go unnoticed or unsolved during the production of said software."

http://en.wikipedia....mer_subculture)

"A hacker is someone who loves to program or who enjoys playful cleverness, or a combination of the two.The act of engaging in activities (such as programming or other media) in a spirit of playfulness and exploration is termed hacking. However the defining characteristic of a hacker is not the activities performed themselves (e.g. programming), but the manner in which it is done: Hacking entails some form of excellence, for example exploring the limits of what is possible"

http://en.wikipedia....Hack_(falconry)

"Hacking is a training method that helps young falcons reach their hunting potential by giving them exercise and experience."

If I store a cop car in GTAO is that the same thing as training my falcon to reach its full hunting potential?

• who-dat, Zwenkwiel and StewNorth like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

What if you buy a shark card to buy said fancy car?
Does that ruin it for all the whiners?
Because you didn't grind away for it in game.
You had to work for it in real life.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

If I store a cop car in GTAO is that the same thing as training my falcon to reach its full hunting potential?

Yes. Yes, it is.

• Spiffy McNugget likes this

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

What if you buy a shark card to buy said fancy car?
Does that ruin it for all the whiners?
Because you didn't grind away for it in game.
You had to work for it in real life.

If you buy a fancy car with a shark card, that adds value to the effort everyone who grinded for that car put in. It means their time and effort spent in the game to acquire that car can be equated to the time and effort put in in real life to buy the shark card.

Which all goes out of the window as soon as someone dupes a car. Duping cars devalues both the above. Obviously.

• iainspad likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Se7en n9ne, on 12 Jan 2014 - 4:19 PM, said:

"Hacking is a training method that helps young falcons reach their hunting potential by giving them exercise and experience."

haha

this guy just won the thread

• Spiffy McNugget, Malibu454 and iainspad like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

This is all 100% correct. I can tell this as it is written 100% in bold and using bold makes posts seem much more authoritative.

No really sure what the point of this thread is but if you feel you needed to get that off your chest then I'm happy for you.

Nice contribution. There is no difference. It's like saying you shooting a guy in the leg is no worst then shooting a guy in the stomach. You still shot him.

There's a huge difference in fact.  You either get an injured leg or you suffer such damage to your vital organs that you bleed out and die a painful death.

Glitching is wrong, that is true but you cannot in all seriousness say that someone who took advantage of a loophole in the game is anywhere near as bad as someone who is altering game files and screwing the game up for everyone else.  If I had done the LSC glitch, who does it affect?  Me and me only.  I run around in Godmode blasting everyone and everything in sight, who does it adversly affect?  Everyone.  Huge difference if you look close enough.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Now, I dislike how this forum seems to think "Glitches" and Hacks are different things. They are the same.

If you have:

• Done the "LSC" Glitch
  • Duped a car.
  • Brought a car from single player in.
  • Used a wall breach glitch.
  • Worn a mask with glasses.
  • Stored cop cars.

You are no different then someone who has:

• Used Godmode
  • Summoned #UnlimitedCougars
  • Used the tow truck.
  • Used a DNS.

Glitches and hacks are the same thing.

People try to argue that glitches don't hurt people or ruin the gaming experiences.

The LSC could be argued that with unlimited sources of money, Adders arn;t a rare car. So people who worked hard to earn it have the thrill ruined for them. It's all the same sh*t. Anyone whose done anything that isn't allowed in the game or seems shady has no right to get on a high horse.

I must have really ruined someones life when I had that police cruiser in my garage.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by speedfreek67, 12 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

There's a huge difference in fact.  You either get an injured leg or you suffer such damage to your vital organs that you bleed out and die a painful death.

Glitching is wrong, that is true but you cannot in all seriousness say that someone who took advantage of a loophole in the game is anywhere near as bad as someone who is altering game files and screwing the game up for everyone else.  If I had done the LSC glitch, who does it affect?  Me and me only.  I run around in Godmode blasting everyone and everything in sight, who does it adversly affect?  Everyone.  Huge difference if you look close enough.

Who does the LSC glitch affect?

Everyone who races against you, when you are in a car that was modded using glitched cash. Everyone who you chase in a car in free mode where the performance of your car was increased with mods bought using glitched cash. Everyone you kill using bullets/grenades/sticky bombs/rpg's you bought with glitched cash.

If you can buy things that you would not have been able to buy without glitched cash, it affects others.

..if you look close enough.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Everyone who races against you, when you are in a car that was modded using glitched cash. Everyone who you chase in a car in free mode where the performance of your car was increased with mods bought using glitched cash. Everyone you kill using bullets/grenades/sticky bombs/rpg's you bought with glitched cash.

If you can buy things that you would not have been able to buy without glitched cash, it affects others.

Reasonable, yet, same logic can be applied to those players who purchase in game money with real life money no?

• StewNorth likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:53 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 12 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

Wore a mask with glasses = Used god mode?

That's like saying shooting at you with a nerf gun = shooting at you with the nuke launcher from Fallout.

By the way, I have worn a mask with hats and glasses. ;)

REPORTED!

• iainspad likes this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

No, they are not.

Glitchers merely used something already in the game, they did not modify it in any way. It was truly in R*'s game to begin with.

Modders modified the game to do something. They changed it themselves, not the default game that R* gave them like glitchers.

Both taking advantage? yes. But they are still two very different things that should be handled differently.

Exploit already in game=/=Mod

• StewNorth likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Glitching by duping cars?
It's in the game. have you not gone back where you were and seen your car there?
Modding cars from SP it's a gray area but its possible w/o outside manipulating. Haven't done it but its not a game breaker
But if you bring in the tow truck and it crashes the server? Well that kinda sucks and is not too cool.
Hovering your chopper for RP?
It's in the game. They'll probably fix that.
Changing DNS is manipulating the software and is not the same. That's cheater pool for them
But I appreciated the money gifts and enjoyed it and used it to help others when I can.
Who knew that so many self righteous nerds would play Grand Theft Auto!??

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Reasonable, yet, same logic can be applied to those players who purchase in game money with real life money no?

No. Grinding is legitimate. Buying cash cards is legitimate. Glitching is not legitimate.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Uhh...is this guy trolling or being serious? If you really think that duping a car or storing a police vehicle is akin to using godmode then you should be put down for soiling existence with your false logic.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Glitching by duping cars?
It's in the game. have you not gone back where you were and seen your car there?
Modding cars from SP it's a gray area but its possible w/o outside manipulating. Haven't done it but its not a game breaker
But if you bring in the tow truck and it crashes the server? Well that kinda sucks and is not too cool.
Hovering your chopper for RP?
It's in the game. They'll probably fix that.
Changing DNS is manipulating the software and is not the same. That's cheater pool for them
But I appreciated the money gifts and enjoyed it and used it to help others when I can.
Who knew that so many self righteous nerds would play Grand Theft Auto!??

But YOU KNOW it wasn't intended to be in the game, don't you?

It is in the game that you can sometimes accidentallly glitch behind walls where you can shoot out and kill people but those people cannot shoot in and kill you. This is detrimental to their game-play.

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Psycho-logist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

As long as it's not grieving other players glitching, I'd say using/highlighting glitches is for the good of the game industry. Pushes developers to make a better product to begin with.

I don't think anyone should change their opinion of the Adder just because lots of people have it. It's still a nice car/trophy and it's nice to be able to tell yourself you got it legitimately, if that's your thing.

Not my thing personally in this game, as I feel R* was being too greedy releasing cash cards among other things on an arguably, alpha/beta stage unfinished product on platforms that are also a breeze to hack in this day and age, but I almost always adapt the same, honest earning in other games out there that I'm a fan of, because it's more satisfying and fun to me that way.

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Uhh...is this guy trolling or being serious? If you really think that duping a car or storing a police vehicle is akin to using godmode then you should be put down for soiling existence with your false logic.

The OP is trolling.

I am not saying that glitching is the same as hacking. I am saying that both are wrong and both are detrimental to other peoples enjoyment of this game. Both glitching and hacking should be stopped. People who glitch and hack are adversly affecting the other players. Not by the same amount, no, but they are still wrong to do it.

The argument that glitching affects nobody else is patently false.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

OP, So when i put a mask on and the GAME doesn't take my hat or glasses of i deserve to be banned? 

And in this world people go and shoot up little children... Why couldn't it be you?

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

OP is an asshat that has an anime avatar AND sig!
Typically, anime avatars AND signatures are reserved for pre-teen through early teenage boys and grown men who have to pay for sex.
Wonder where the OP fits into that trend...

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

The OP is trolling.

I am not saying that glitching is the same as hacking. I am saying that both are wrong and both are detrimental to other peoples enjoyment of this game. Both glitching and hacking should be stopped. People who glitch and hack are adversly affecting the other players. Not by the same amount, no, but they are still wrong to do it.

The argument that glitching affects nobody else is patently false.

Well I never said that glitching didn't affect others. It does and there is no denying that, however those things are mostly Rockstar's fault for making a game with such glitches. Are we wrong for taking advantage? Perhaps, but why not use every advantage you can get while trying to win? Especially when pretty much everyone else has done it themselves.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Now, I dislike how this forum seems to think "Glitches" and Hacks are different things. They are the same.

If you have:

• Done the "LSC" Glitch
  • Duped a car.
  • Brought a car from single player in.
  • Used a wall breach glitch.
  • Worn a mask with glasses.
  • Stored cop cars.

You are no different then someone who has:

• Used Godmode
  • Summoned #UnlimitedCougars
  • Used the tow truck.
  • Used a DNS.

Glitches and hacks are the same thing.

People try to argue that glitches don't hurt people or ruin the gaming experiences.

The LSC could be argued that with unlimited sources of money, Adders arn;t a rare car. So people who worked hard to earn it have the thrill ruined for them. It's all the same sh*t. Anyone whose done anything that isn't allowed in the game or seems shady has no right to get on a high horse.

OP needs to learn what an opinion is, and why nobody cares.

• PerceusSOZ likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by iainspad, 12 January 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Despite using the LSC Glitch yet not in absurd amounts (burn me at the stake if you will), I completely agree with the OP. Some glitches are fun but either way, hacks and glitches == exploit.

I have not tried doing it since (because f*ck losing your favourite car by accident, as it happened to me and that's why I quit while I was ahead, that'll learn me), because some glitches, while not as extreme as hacking, are still using something for your own gain over others, while other glitches can harm the game.

Tow truck, anyone?

EDIT: you could argue that the little exploits here and there are the developer's fault, but that's not a rite of passage for you to use. That's your choice.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

This nerds name is some anime character, enough said. You're a loser OP.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

To be fair, the shooting metaphor doesn't really work for this case. If you shot someone in the leg it will be assault with a deadly weapon in my country, if you shoot them in the stomach it will be attempted murder with a deadly weapon. The punishments will differ greatly. Assuming the person survived. If they died it'd be murder flat out, 25 years, 5 for the gun and a year for every bullet in the clip. Ouch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users