Photo

Glitches are glitches.

177 replies to this topic
beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

We're not changing anything. We're both just using exploits in rockstars product.we changed anything in rockstar code. Just used it in the way we want.

giving a van helicopter blades and flying around is changing in my opinion

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

idk, a better analogy would be taking a school book and using it to hammer in a nail (glitch), changing the chemical property of the book to make it an explosive (mod), receiving said explosive book from modder and using it (dns)(leacher).

As far as the ethics are concerned, production's version of the game has only one avenue for justice, vigilantism, considering that form of justice has no appeals, I conclude all's fair in love and war.

We're not changing anything. We're both just using exploits in rockstars product.we changed anything in rockstar code. Just used it in the way we want.
and most online game companies will ban you for abusing such exploits.

Daisuke Jigen
  • Daisuke Jigen

Marksmen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

idk, a better analogy would be taking a school book and using it to hammer in a nail (glitch), changing the chemical property of the book to make it an explosive (mod), receiving said explosive book from modder and using it (dns)(leacher).

As far as the ethics are concerned, production's version of the game has only one avenue for justice, vigilantism, considering that form of justice has no appeals, I conclude all's fair in love and war.

I have 10 billion ion my bank and have given away over a hundred bill. And I'm not banned.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

To me, there certainly is a big difference between what anyone can simply start up the game to do, and what certain people will be able to do if modifying things prior to even running it.

It's just a little more like playing against the guy who can reprogram the game.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:33 AM Edited by MantisFang, 12 January 2014 - 08:38 AM.

Seeing monkey masked people in tanks battle elves in supercars is perfectly realistic to you.

But a mask with glasses could never happen in real life.

Troll?

so.. by your logic

if I am doing something that does not affect another players gameplay. WHATSOEVER.

It is the same as a dirty cheating godmode lobby hacker?

You tell me how someone with a glitched mask and hat messes up your day.

Tell me or forever be thrown into the nonsense pile.

It upsets me because it ruins the immersion into the game. You can't have a hat glitching through a mask it's unrealistic and ruins my game because of it.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Exploiting glitches* is no more justifiable than hacking. Undeniably the latter is 'worse', though of course. 

*Exploiting glitches in SP is a different story, as it doesn't effect anyone else, naturally.

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Oh no, people are wearing glasses over their masks... QUICK! CALL THE POLICE! THE CHAOS!!! THE ANARCHY!!!!

• MantisFang likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

This just in, if you get that upset at people using glitches, you're probably a pansy.

• s_aint likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

I have 10 billion ion my bank and have given away over a hundred bill. And I'm not banned.
I said most other...not rockstar.

eve policies
http://community.eve...banning-policy/

Gw2 exploit ban

http://www.pcgamer.c...-karma-exploit/

WoW

http://www.screwatta...d-loot-exploits

I could keep on going if you want.

Daisuke Jigen
  • Daisuke Jigen

Marksmen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

eve policies

Gw2 exploit ban

WoW

This is a discussion on GTA online, Please stay on topic.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

eve policies

Gw2 exploit ban

WoW

I am. What im saying is most other games would ban for such exploits, wether rockstar will, well I haven't read the ToS

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

I worn glasses with a mask but only for 1 minutes.

OH NO. This means I am just like someone who ruined the game by LSC Glitch or by modding!

Not.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

I worn glasses with a mask but only for 1 minutes.

OH NO. This means I am just like someone who ruined the game by LSC Glitch or by modding!

Not.

Reported for cheating.
  • miaumiau1 and Coin like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

But a mask with glasses could never happen in real life.

It's true. Every Halloween before getting contacts was a nightmare, can't believe I lived through it. 

• MantisFang likes this

JC'
  • JC'

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

I used to get tattooed cornrows on my head by putting on and removing masks, please punish me R* and never let me be able to unlock this exploit. If it's too late people would get chrome tattooed cornrows.

• MantisFang and Timely like this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Now, I dislike how this forum seems to think "Glitches" and Hacks are different things. They are the same.

No, they're not the same thing. The word 'glitch' has, for some unknown reason, been adopted by the GTA player and used to describe cheats and/or hacks.

glitch
glɪtʃ/

informal

noun
noun: glitch; plural noun: glitches

1. a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment.
    "a draft version was lost in a computer glitch"

verb (US)

1. suffer a sudden malfunction or fault.
    "the elevators glitched"

• NuklerGhost101838 likes this

Daisuke Jigen
  • Daisuke Jigen

Marksmen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Now, I dislike how this forum seems to think "Glitches" and Hacks are different things. They are the same.

No, they're not the same thing. The word 'glitch' has, for some unknown reason, been adopted by the GTA player and used to describe cheats and/or hacks.

glitch
glɪtʃ/

informal

noun
noun: glitch; plural noun: glitches

1. a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment.
    "a draft version was lost in a computer glitch"

verb (US)

1. suffer a sudden malfunction or fault.
    "the elevators glitched"

I addressed this already. On this forum "Glitches" mean exploits.

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I love this game and I can stand all this small hacking problems... Sometimes I must to tell is not funny but... No. Wait! People wearing mask and glasses? This is more than enough! I move to another game and I will destroy my copy. XD

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

op... wow.

you forgot god mode you tool of a whining baby.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

eve policies

Gw2 exploit ban

WoW

I am. What im saying is most other games would ban for such exploits, wether rockstar will, well I haven't read the ToS

And you are. OP is trying to come to grips with himself by stating anybody who glitched is no better than him. In a way he is correct and in others he is not. In God's eyes all sin is equal, in the eyes of humans we judge people according to their transgressions.

Rockstar's legal dept judges you in what ever matter they see fit http://www.rockstargames.com/legal

CODE OF CONDUCT

The following rules, policies, and disclaimers shall govern and/or apply to your use of the Online Services.
You agree, by using the Online Services, that: (1) you will only use the Online Services for lawful purposes, in compliance with applicable laws, for your own personal, non-commercial use; (2) you will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Online Services (for example, by means of harassment, hacking or defacement); (3) you will not use the Online Services to create, upload, or post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, harassing, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of one’s privacy, in violation of any law, or is inconsistent with community standards; (4) you will not post, upload, or create any copyrighted material using the Online Services unless you own the copyright in and to such material; (5) you will not post, upload, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, timebomb, cancelbot, trojan horse or other harmful, disruptive, or deleterious component; (6) you will not post, upload, create, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights; (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services; and (8) you will not impersonate any other individual or entity in connection with your use of the Online Services. All determinations will be made by the Company in its sole discretion.
When we provide Online Services involving user-created content (“UGC”), we do not review every piece of UGC, nor do we confirm the accuracy, validity, or originality of the UGC posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of the postings, nor are we responsible for the content of any postings. We do not vouch for, nor do we warrant the validity, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any UGC. The contents of the postings do not represent the views of the Company, its subsidiaries, or any person or property associated with the Company, the Online Services, or any website in the Company’s family of websites. If you feel that any posting is objectionable, we encourage you to use associated report functions or contact us by visiting www.rockstargames.com/support. We will remove objectionable content if we deem removal to be warranted. Please understand that removal or editing of any content is a manual process and might not occur immediately. We reserve the right to remove (or not) any UGC or content for any (or no) reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for your UGC, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its agents with respect to any claim based upon the transmission of your UGC. Posting of advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitations, and the like, are inappropriate and forbidden on the Online Services (including bulletin boards and chat rooms).
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (including whatever information we know about you) without notice to you in certain circumstances set forth in our Privacy Policy. Please visit www.rockstargames.com/privacy for more details.

REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY

In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, the Company has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Company’s sole discretion, registered accounts deemed to be repeat infringers. The Company may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Online Services and/or terminate the account of anyone who infringes any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.

This last part in plain speak. Cheat once and you get a dunce cap keep cheating and we ban you.
In conclusion OP do not come back on this board when Rockstar bans your account saying well so & so did it too. Deal with your punishment if or when you get it. 

• NuklerGhost101838 and iainspad like this

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Someone who wears a mask with glasses is the same as a DNS godmoder? Ok man

0/10 thread

You serious! So that mask and glasses male me a god.mod user?

You ended this thread as soon as you posted

Vanquished
  • Vanquished

Super!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

20gy69t.jpg

• Sprue, Tehguy123, PerceusSOZ and 4 others like this

JC'
  • JC'

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Someone who wears a mask with glasses is the same as a DNS godmoder? Ok man

0/10 thread

You serious! So that mask and glasses male me a god.mod user?

You ended this thread as soon as you posted

He ended this thread as soon as he posted then you opened it again and unknowingly agreed with what he said in confusion, so the thread never ended in the first place.

Did I confuse you more?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:05 PM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 12 January 2014 - 12:05 PM.

20gy69t.jpg

Someone should use that pic as an avatar. I would but I'd feel uncomfortable not using mine to pay homage to my swagman roots.
  • miaumiau1 likes this

speedfreek67
  • speedfreek67

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

To all the people who are commenting who obviously have not read the whole thread - READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

The OP is a hacker and is trying to make a point by using a reverse argument. He is correct in one way, but incorrect in another. He is making the point because we think some glitches aren't a problem, and he wants to show how hacks aren't a problem either.

But... here is the real problem. All hacks and glitches/exploits, however small, do have a negative effect on other players, however small. So his main argument is wrong. Hacking is wrong. Glitching/exploiting is wrong.

If I see a player wearing a mask and glasses, and try it myself and find I cannot do it, I have wasted my time. If I try to hunt a player only to find he is glitched inside a building that is not an apartment and thus I cannot reach him, I have wasted my time once again. If someone simply dupes a car for someone else, and I have saved up for that car by doing missions, or searched for it to spawn, then I have wasted my time. If I have seen a car that has been brought in from SP and I have searched for that car online, I have wasted my time. See where I am going here?

If there isn't a level playing field, it has some effect on players. There is no hacking/glitching/exploiting action that doesn't have consequences.

So, the OP is correct in that hacks and glitches are the same in that they affect other players. But this means neither is acceptable, not both.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

So Daisuke is this year's new troll ?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Oh for christ's sake you people, you seriously can't be trying to justify that literally all glitches are equally as bad as literally all hacks? I've seen this said a few times here.

Example of a glitch: My front right tyre sunk in the ground for a fraction of a second whilst I was roaming around. Huh.

Example of a hack: I deleted all your cars, property and money and you're in a cheater lobby. Let's also freeze your console. 

Oh wait, let's do this the other way around.

Example of a glitch: Money glitches to negative $2.147b, and I can set large negative bounties on people because the game doesn't process negative money properly. Go around setting -$10m bounties on everybody, so when people kill them they lose $10m which could be all their  money.

Example of a hack: I stacked two pearlescents on top of each other.

You cannot treat them equally. Note, however, that glitches are seldom on the level of most hacks. 

Oh and @speedfreak, simply because you found some way in which something is negative (wasting time? Like that happens for every single glitch) you can't justify all glitches are wrong. I think you're meant to be talking solely about exploits, which are actually deliberately done like what you're trying to say. Except if I dupe a car, I haven't wasted everybody's time...what twisted logic is that? That literally has no negative impact on anybody. 

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Oh for christ's sake you people, you seriously can't be trying to justify that literally all glitches are equally as bad as literally all hacks? I've seen this said a few times here.

Example of a glitch: My front right tyre sunk in the ground for a fraction of a second whilst I was roaming around. Huh.
Example of a hack: I deleted all your cars, property and money and you're in a cheater lobby. Let's also freeze your console. 

Oh wait, let's do this the other way around.

Example of a glitch: Money glitches to negative $2.147b, and I can set large negative bounties on people because the game doesn't process negative money properly. Go around setting -$10m bounties on everybody, so when people kill them they lose $10m which could be all their  money.
Example of a hack: I stacked two pearlescents on top of each other.

You cannot treat them equally. Note, however, that glitches are seldom on the level of most hacks. 
Oh and @speedfreak, simply because you found some way in which something is negative (wasting time? Like that happens for every single glitch) you can't justify all glitches are wrong. I think you're meant to be talking solely about exploits, which are actually deliberately done like what you're trying to say. Except if I dupe a car, I haven't wasted everybody's time...what twisted logic is that? That literally has no negative impact on anybody. 

Reported for using the front right tyre sink glitch.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

If you have:

• Done the "LSC" Glitch
  • Duped a car.
  • Brought a car from single player in.
  • Used a wall breach glitch.
  • Worn a mask with glasses.
  • Stored cop cars.

You are no different then someone who has:

• Used Godmode
  • Summoned #UnlimitedCougars
  • Used the tow truck.
  • Used a DNS.

Whew. 
He didn't say anything about exploiting the Baggage Handlers helicopter RP glitch to gain 200 levels in one night.
I dodged a bullet there.

• PerceusSOZ likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

I addressed this already. On this forum "Glitches" mean exploits.

Oh, I see. I didn't realise people on this forum had the power to change the meaning of a word.

I'll throw my dictionary away and ask on here next time.
  • miaumiau1 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users