62 replies to this topic
gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

they ram into your tank like derps

unless they are doing major damage to the tank , i dont see whats so annoying about that. they kill themselves and youmove on

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

unless they are doing major damage to the tank , i dont see whats so annoying about that. they kill themselves and youmove on

every time they ram they explode it takes bout 10 cars to explode close to you for your tank to start beeping so yes every ram counts

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

every time they ram they explode it takes bout 10 cars to explode close to you for your tank to start beeping so yes every ram counts

still not very annoying since you can get another tank right after you lose it

Bad.Luck.Chuck
  • Bad.Luck.Chuck

Road Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

They send the equal opportunity hires in first :lol:

You could be in the adder f*cking top gear red lining your engine and some busted up cop car will be able to catch up to you to bump you off the road.

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

well yeah true but annoying when you are blasting another tank and these cops are getting in the way

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

well yeah true but annoying when you are blasting another tank and these cops are getting in the way

thats true . i have lost tank fights that way

bootswitdafur
  • bootswitdafur

They should all be destroyed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Fuc* the police coming straight from the underground

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

The thing I hate the most is that they never use these:

PoliceCruiser-GTAV-Front-Stanier.png

PoliceCruiser-GTAV-Front-Buffalo.png

UnmarkedCruiser-GTAV-Front.png

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

I'm dead serious, how is a light SUV in V going to be deadlier than a freakin' Armored Truck in IV? Heck, even the cruisers act like armored trucks judging by the way they ram you at 20 times the speed of light!

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

A bunch of good ol' boys just having fun killing each other in Free Mode.

Cops show up, taking the fun out of it. Who cares what AIs think?

I'd like the option to play on a server without cops, like GTA IV. Remember back to that game: did you ever choose to play with cops on for long? I know it was much more fun without them.

• halflegz likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I hate that their cruisers don't have bulletproof tires! You steal one to get away and they imediately shoot out your tires, c'mon the POPO should all have bulletproof tires!

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

It takes way too long for cops to f*ck off when you're out of sight. Seriously it should at least be cut down to half of what is is. And even when you're out of sight, they seem to always know where to look for you even if you're miles away from where you lost them. 

• Captain Revenge and kilopm like this

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

It takes way too long for cops to f*ck off when you're out of sight. Seriously it should at least be cut down to half of what is is. And even when you're out of sight, they seem to always know where to look for you even if you're miles away from where you lost them. 

Pretty sure they have some legit psychics directing them. We need an assassination mission to put a stop to it, lol.

XxNerdlesxX
  • XxNerdlesxX

Average Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

I hate when you dont have cops but your friends do and the cops are chasing your friend and they crash into you and you get cops :L

• Captain Revenge likes this

davec69
  • davec69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

What i hate the most is when you're in a one on one gun battle with another player and the cops show up and plant themselves right in the middle of the battle  The auto aim locks on every one of the cops before you get a lock on the other player. 

Zourin
  • Zourin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:03 AM Edited by Zourin, 17 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Police really should have four things changed:

1: Spawn limiter. Players should be able to gun off a rather tenacious cop and make an opening to dodge down an alley, especially for 1-3 star.

2: A termination point where they back off after you hit five stars and are still crushing the snot out of them with a tanks and attack helos.

3: A chance to miss. What's the point of armoring a car if they simply snipe me out of the chair anyway?

4: Fix the x-ray vision where they automagically know precisely where I am at all times on while foot. Stealth is the most useless skill EVER.

The whole 'shoot to kill' police action is the big reason why I always shoot the shop keepers after they hand over the money. I've already got a challenge getting away from the supercops to have to deal with some pissant derp I just robbed. I'm not getting a break, and there's no advantage to keeping them alive after their usefulness has passed.

Once you hit 3 star, suicide is the fastest way to wipe your wanted level.

• Trindalas likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

It seems after the latest Patch / R* Heist the POPO are a lot more agressive. They just chased me all the way to Paletto bay after I took the High Priority Vehicle from the Beach. Automatic 3 stars so Choppers are shooting too. 

I think R* has kicked up every way that they can get money back from you.   

Zourin
  • Zourin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by Zourin, 17 January 2014 - 12:26 PM.

It seems after the latest Patch / R* Heist the POPO are a lot more agressive. They just chased me all the way to Paletto bay after I took the High Priority Vehicle from the Beach. Automatic 3 stars so Choppers are shooting too. 

I think R* has kicked up every way that they can get money back from you.   

steal any vehicle (non quest)

Hop in mission vehicle, trigger police.

get out of mission vehicle, check stars.

3 stars-  suicide

1-2  stars, get back in 1st stolen vehicle

evade police

return to target vehicle and turn in.

You loose $500, but save yourself a TON of time and hassle (and at 3 stars, cheaper than Lester). Using a stolen vehicle to escape means that if you get wasted by police on a 2-star that there won't be an impound penalty, and you don't have to rely on the performance of the target vehicle.

craftyard
  • craftyard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by craftyard, 17 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

The other day I reached a crate drop, and some NPCs nearby just decided to start shooting me unprovoked. I killed them and got a 2 star wanted level. Self defense is apparently illegal in LS.

One thing in particular I don't like is that the cops don't seem to have any self-preservation instincts at all... This one time, in single-player, I was being chased and made it to the airport, and managed to steal one of those passenger jets.

As I'm making a run up to take off, 3 cruisers decide that playing chicken with a freaking jumbo jet would be a fun way to pass the time.

Whenever I find a nice place to camp and try fending them off, they just keep spawning in infinite numbers. They're like a hive of angry hornets, except they never stop coming.

Also when you've escaped from them. They're not supposed to know where you are, but they blatantly do since they always always always zone in on your position. "Flee at high speed or lay low" my foot - you have to flee every time.

AAAAAND... When you've managed to get out of sight, you turn a corner (when there's nothing on the radar) but suddenly a cop spawns on the sidewalk before you have time to react and resets your stars... Sigh...

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

1: Spawn limiter. Players should be able to gun off a rather tenacious cop and make an opening to dodge down an alley, especially for 1-3 star.

2: A termination point where they back off after you hit five stars and are still crushing the snot out of them with a tanks and attack helos.

3: A chance to miss. What's the point of armoring a car if they simply snipe me out of the chair anyway?

4: Fix the x-ray vision where they automagically know precisely where I am at all times on while foot. Stealth is the most useless skill EVER.

The whole 'shoot to kill' police action is the big reason why I always shoot the shop keepers after they hand over the money. I've already got a challenge getting away from the supercops to have to deal with some pissant derp I just robbed. I'm not getting a break, and there's no advantage to keeping them alive after their usefulness has passed.

It would also be awesome if you could eventually kill ALL of them, at least for a while. Kill enough cops, none left, stars go away. Maybe a few days or so of no cops. ^.^

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

It would also be awesome if you could eventually kill ALL of them, at least for a while. Kill enough cops, none left, stars go away. Maybe a few days or so of no cops. ^.^

then you would complain how there is nothing left to do . 

DemMonkeys
  • DemMonkeys

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Cops. Where do I even begin?

I hate the way they spawn out of nowhere and ram into you forcing you to lose control. I mean, I have nearly perfect driving. But the cops, they trip me over!

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

The police helicopter are impossible to shoot down when your in the buzzard They never stay still!!!

I noticed that last night, I shot down 2, but third was circling around me!

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

then you would complain how there is nothing left to do . 

Not me, I hate the police in this game. Only time I enjoy them is if I get a lazer and blow them to hell. That is fun ^.^

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:59 PM Edited by MrCamo, 17 January 2014 - 11:59 PM.

The lack of force escalation is what bugs me the most. I would have liked to have seen something
Along the lines of billy clubs and tazers first, followed by appropriate force escalation. If you have no gun they should tackle the sheet out of you and beat your head in as opposed to shooting you on the spot. I also would have liked a warrant system that builds as you go about causing mayhem. This could allow for players to play as police like gtaiv. I think people would pay for a police officer upgrade pack.
  • Captain Revenge likes this

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

POGO The Wonder Monkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

Post 1st and read all the responses after :)

1 star they want to kill you, after a gang attack in East Los Santos i was just sitting in my car blowing the horn over and over, the security guard behind me looked as if it was bothering him. When i did it again he took out his gun and shot at me, DING 1 star wanted level, really?

Stealing cars for Simeon, the greatest car alarm in the world won't work that quick.

Losing them is another story, train or subway tunnels work great, sewer tunnel at North end of dry river basin channel, works geat, even the tank fits in there. In the steal the Cargo Boob missions i land there, run into tunnel until the wanted level is gone, then fly off after.

Checking my stats:

Cops killed by me 11,530

NOOSE killed by me  15,126

Cops cars blown up   8,042

Police helicopters blown up  1,927

Online rank 164

Time spent in online game  23days, 10h, 24m, 29s

My new active crew is called the LAPD Gumshoes, go figure.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

That they show up 10 seconds after you kill the only NPC in the middle of nowhere.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Am I the only one who finds them trivially easy to outrun? Their driving AI seems based entirely on kamikaze ramming, so if you dodge them they usually wreck and you can outpace them in a few blocks. I think it's stupid how they pull out the guns for everything, but this IS Los Santos, so I can't blame them. I'd like their pursuit tactics to be improved a little so I can have an entertaining chase for awhile, preferably without the helicopter shooting at me. 

Zourin
  • Zourin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

The Police AI, besides the Helos and roadblocks, want to be in two places: Immediately in front of you, and just inside your tailpipe.

They are also capable of outrunning nearly every ground vehicle in the game as well, so the best 'escape' vehicle isn't based on speed. The best escape vehicles are those with the best traction and turning control.

Motorcycles would make GREAT escape vehicles on paper, having a narrow profile that can go up stairs and other places police cars can't go, but they have too much speed and control, and turn too fast for your camera (resulting in derp crashes). You're also dead meat on straightaways when the police derp your back-end and send you airborne.

Generally speaking, if you can't turn at speed w/ no throttle without flying around the road, it's a bad getaway vehicle. That immediately rules out most SUV's.  That also means that for getaway vehicles, engine upgrades aren't as important as your transmission and suspension.

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

I recently found that if you hit massive jumps, such as driving up and over mountains at really high speeds, such as with a super car (infernus in my case) and land on your wheels, you will be fine, but the cop cars usually blow up on impact, lol. It is pretty hilarious driving off a huge cliff and the cops just follow right after.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users