58 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

It's just the way it is.

thats why we come here, to discuss the issue and hopefully get some answers or even have our input considered.

not just for the witty off topic one liners and random posts about nothing.... thanks for the opinion, even though it means nothing or helps the topic at all.

Speak for yourself. I'm here for the witty one liners

it shows.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's just the way it is.

thats why we come here, to discuss the issue and hopefully get some answers or even have our input considered.

not just for the witty off topic one liners and random posts about nothing.... thanks for the opinion, even though it means nothing or helps the topic at all.

Speak for yourself. I'm here for the witty one liners

it shows.

It also shows you are the only one being far to serious. Go see Dr.phil for your seriousness problems. This is gtaforums, not some british newspaper blog.

• _d3xt3r_ likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-35

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'm here for the witty one liners too

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-35

129157543070178916.gif

• A Maned Wolf likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

For Sale - Parachute. Used Once, Never Opened.

• Ninja_Gear likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 12 January 2014 - 09:07 AM.

serious because i made a couple of on topic posts? all well within logical reason and relative to everything the OP wanted to talk about? lol... i can see why so many people in this forum flourish in stupidity and meme's. great job making that point.....

oh, and besides being pulled into off topic trollism by the usuals who frequent here... my initial comment here also has the most likes.

maybe because its true... and not some dumbass funny attempt at trying to fake being smarter than most of you. sad but true... now... continue the off topic randomness. lets close this thread just because we dont agree with the logic provided here.

real smart ninja...

JC'
  • JC'

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

I don't mind it.. but I find something really wrong with a cop car pushing me 40 feet away by slamming me headfirst while i'm in a bus. Ok now that usually doesn't happen but it definitely happened to me yesterday.

I find odd things happening to me that I can't replicate, like one time I teleported when I tried to climb something.

• iiGh0STt likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

serious because i made a couple

Stopped reading there.

For Sale - Parachute. Used Once, Never Opened.

The condition seems almost beyond repair..i'm gonna have to call my expert on this.

I think the mass of the chute is critical in determining whether it opens correctly, or indeed, opens at all.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

My huge Sandking was being pushed away by a freaking Issi!

So yeah bigger vehicles should be heavier.

• iiGh0STt likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:45 AM Edited by OurJud, 12 January 2014 - 09:47 AM.

so you want bigger vehicles to be bigger?

Please excuse the 15 year old OP, he has no idea about physics.

OK, but only if you accept that we'll all have to forgive you and killzone for not knowing the difference between size and mass.

Also, sorry to break this to you, but it is you who doesn't understand physics if you think a bifta spinning out a sandking is acceptable.
  • darkwar854, Valdorien and iiGh0STt like this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 12 January 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I guess it's time to shift this conversation from physics to reading comprehension. 

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Happy Halloween !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

I guess it's time to shift this conversation from physics to reading comprehension. 

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

No, I want them to have more weight so they don't get spun out by a go-kart.

breh ignore these morons. the mass in this game is broke.

you cant even push a sedan with a firetruck. a dumptruck stops to a halt if it slams into a taxi.

the sh*t is broke and isnt getting fixed anytime soon. i have no idea how this turned out so horrible.

• XJpostman likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

OK, but only if you accept that we'll all have to forgive you and killzone for not knowing the difference between size and mass.

Also, sorry to break this to you, but it is you who doesn't understand physics if you think a bifta spinning out a sandking is acceptable.

Way to go retard, that was exactly the point I was making.

And please quote me where I said a bifta spinning out a sandking was acceptable.

It's reassuring knowing there are intelligent people in this thread. Thank you.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

People where whining about GTA IV's handling which was awesome IMO.

*So R* rips off Saints Row's handling and physics which are outdated even for a PS2 game*

GTA V now feels like saints row when it comes to vehicles.

People whine again.

--

People wanted $ to make a differance in the GTA world so R* implements $ systems in gta online.

People glitch cash to hell, people hack the game to hell and ruin it without even noticing. And whine about how R* broke the cash system.

--

People also wanted a reward system for playing GTA missions and unlock weapons/cars. R* add that option and it gets glitched to shreds, hacked to hell and back by the same people who wanted that system and whine that its broken.  

OP, i fully agree with you, the thing is... its again just one of those things the rotten community of GTA asked for and it turns out to suck, and we are the ones that have to suck it up.

At the end of the day Rockstar makes the decisions on what to implement and how/how well it is implemented.. so basically your rant falls flat.

Your second point is the least backed up, nonsensical statement I've heard on here so far. Money has always been a big thing in GTA, so it was bound to happen that Rockstar would add it to online and make it the main drive behind playing. Why else would there be cash cards? It would be stupid not to take advantage of money and turn it into potential profit. Rockstar tried to, but they just failed.

And for your third point, of course people hacked it. Rockstar made it so god damn easy. There are always hackers, you just forgot that they get fed up when it's been made too difficult and they give up. Instead Rockstar left the field of GTA full of dead, dried out brush just awaiting to be lit afire. And then when one person struck a match it spread because Rockstar didn't do anything to stop it until the fire was out of control. Hackers are something that will always exist, we can't eliminate them from the player base. What we can do though is set up walls so that they are barred to playing the game as intended. Rockstar just opened the gate and walked away crossing their fingers. You can't do that with any game, let alone one as popular as GTA with it's massive community.

Oh and by the way, sure, the driving physics were good in GTA IV... if you like driving ice-skate-mobiles.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by OurJud, 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

And please quote me where I said a bifta spinning out a sandking was acceptable.

How, exactly, was this the point you were making when you accused the OP of having no idea about physics because he doesn't think (and rightly so) that a Bifta should be able to spin out a Sandking??

You accused the OP of having no knowledge of physics, and by doing so proved that it is you who doesn't understand physics, because what the OP said was, in fact, correct.

On the other hand, if what you originally meant to say was "Please excuse the 15 year old, OP, he has no idea about physics."

Meaning that it was in fact Killzone you were accusing of having no knowledge of physics, then you need to brush up on your grammar. A correctly placed comma can make all the difference to the interpretation of a sentence.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

There's nothing worse than hitting a cardboard box and spinning out....

And I agree with the post above. AI cars are ridiculous on the road, sometimes even impossible to plow through.

aboslutely hate the cardboard

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 13 January 2014 - 08:57 PM.

How, exactly, was this the point you were making when you accused the OP of having no idea about physics because he doesn't think (and rightly so) that a Bifta should be able to spin out a Sandking??

You accused the OP of having no knowledge of physics, and by doing so proved that it is you who doesn't understand physics, because what the OP said was, in fact, correct.

On the other hand, if what you originally meant to say was "Please excuse the 15 year old, OP, he has no idea about physics."

Meaning that it was in fact Killzone you were accusing of having no knowledge of physics, then you need to brush up on your grammar. A correctly placed comma can make all the difference to the interpretation of a sentence.
While you make a good point about the use of commas, if you'd taken a split second to read the thread and my post you would have been able to easily see I was talktalking about killzone.
  • Thisguyherenow likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Mass is to size what density is to weight...

You better learn that...(ja rule voice)
  • iiGh0STt likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I would like if it made sense at least in the obvious parts. It feels random which vehicle is heavier.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 13 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

i was going to say f*ck off grammar nazi tool with no contributions

I would like if it made sense at least in the obvious parts. It feels random which vehicle is heavier.

and then i saw this. but seriously... teacher... no one cares.

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

what gtao isnt just like real life?

/mind blown

iHaznoNam3
  • iHaznoNam3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

There's nothing worse than hitting a cardboard box and spinning out....

And I agree with the post above. AI cars are ridiculous on the road, sometimes even impossible to plow through.

"down the drain" feels

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Completely agree with OP. Trying to push a small car out of the way it's the same thing.

Cop cars are made of lead or solid iron apparently.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Instead of 'this isn't Forza' we should be saying 'this isn't done as well as Forza.'

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I was driving my Sandking and it got stopped in its tracks by a normal sedan. Its mass is a joke among Big trucks. The patriot has more mass than it does. 

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by MeGusta90, 14 January 2014 - 12:54 AM.

I LOVE the car handling in this game, it's just mass of the vehicles is f*cked.

Ever dropped a tank on a dump truck?

OFF TOPIC: I will give the first person to post a picture of a bunch of cars in a church a cookie.

• WBaker likes this

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Lots of rage in this thread.

Anyway each vehicle does have a defined weight, for player vehicles this ranges from a slender 1000Kg Z-Type to the hefty 3500Kg Patriot. This does have a noticeable effect on vehicle interaction. If you want to demonstrate it try ramming things with a light and fast car such as the mentioned Z-Type and then try again with a car that is both heavy and fast like the Super Diamond.

In my experience the Super Diamond will fling an average car across multiple lanes and/or over a fence.

Racing is entirely different, think about it you are driving a lifted Ford Super Duty at 120 miles per hour probably on a dirt road. Or course any little tap on the back quarter is going to spin you out of control. Practice the same techniques to avoid this as you would in normal cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users