52 replies to this topic
Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hoppl÷s Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the fix.

And I cannot believe that Rockstar haven't fixed this yet.. :( It sucks.

• lol232 likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for the temp fix, I just started playing this again a couple of days ago after about 2 months, never had any real issues up until 1.07, then when I installed 1.09 it just said loading main story when I tried to replay missions or start again.  I deleted the patch and replayed them as V1.00, no beach bum cars, no garage opening in Mikes house and no name upon entereing the ls auto.

• lol232 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Okay man, it was a miracle, can we leave now?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

It seems that this has moved on Xbox too. I re-installed the patches and when I tried to load the game, the artworks froze. Console did not crash but save never loaded.

Not exactly sure, this is a dumb question but... Have you tried disconnecting?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 26 January 2014 - 11:18 AM.

It seems that this has moved on Xbox too. I re-installed the patches and when I tried to load the game, the artworks froze. Console did not crash but save never loaded.

It works when I'm disconnected, just saying that the bug moved onto Xbox as well.

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

It works when I'm disconnected, just saying that the bug moved onto Xbox as well.

IIRC it was actually on both consoles.

Drojmab
  • Drojmab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

This game really bothers me. Starting in November, I always got the "The Cloud Servers are Unavailable" whenever loading up GTA Online. I tried everything people said fixed the issue, but none worked and they never came out with a Patch to fix it. Now I have this glitch where not only can't I be connected to the internet at the Artwork Loading Screen, but if I connect to online when my game is loaded, within 20 seconds, the whole game freezes. I know this isn't my disc as everything works perfectly when I'm offline. :/

benny_deuce
  • benny_deuce

aka Monsieur Dis

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

and guess what its still broke. as of 30/1/2014..

why would it be any fault of anyones ISP, router, settings, hardware.. its always gonna be at their end. just take look at the odds so far. its one thing after another since launch and im about done with it. just want to play the story at my own pace ( yes im old and slow - time poor ) and youre messing with my "offline" SP game now with another buggy "patch". Oh so maybe compensate me with another 500k in GTAO which i wont even likely use. how about some free psn R* classic game DLs. hows about that? no.. you just want more of our real money to buy GTA money with your Shark cards. Shame R* Shame....

so after troubleshooting all day with no clues from R* ( thanks again random interweb nerds ) i learn all you have to do is delete the latest update 1.09 in the game data folder on the XMB and im back to version 1.08 or whatever ( great "holiday gift" rockstar! ). this works for me now i can reload all my old saves right back to when franklin was just strapped with a golf club and couldnt even buy a lapdance. no eternal loading wheel ( just like my macbook ) and endless screen saver music and then quit game. now it seems i can keep playing and dying and reloading as normal as thats how i always play. call me obsessive but i like having 0 deaths and busted and lots of dead cops in the stats. cant sign in though as it will just ask to download update- which will take you back to square one. good one R*. so now all snapmatics and social club stats and sync are basically useless for me maybe until you decide to release another patch that wont fix the other patch that broke the other one. hey at least currently i can actually "play" the SP game i actually paid 90 bucks for last year. wow! cheers for that R*!!

pretty much over this game. theres other stuff out there.. hell im starting on the AC collection right now. and i got batman games to catch up on...farcry blood dragon. and its amazing when you just take a look around at all the boards and posts devoted to this stuff and kids spending all day wondering if its their fault, is it the tv, the console, the disc. its just not acceptable. if you think about it these hours should actually be spent enjoying the game we all paid for. i wonder why we all even bother. im an old skool R* fan from way back but that was before GTAV. as awesome as it is. its become a love hate thing now. maybe just maybe.. its just not worth it. 

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I hadn't played in a bit, so I hooked up to online last night - oh goody, an update! And then it went to the load screen... and stayed there. I guess I'll try it today without being online, but that was so annoying I ended up playing IV instead and had a blast.

gmansland
  • gmansland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:53 AM Edited by gmansland, 31 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

after a month of banging my head against the wall because the loading screen would get stuck and game freezing all the time. I tore the system apart and cleaned the dvd/blueray eyes with rubbing alcohol put it all back together and bamb its worked for a month now without on problem.

before I did this I tried every other fix I found on the net and nothing worked. almost gave up on the game. then to find out it was my system the hole time.  

frankfjm88
  • frankfjm88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

So when you are signed out, you can still load old saves and save them?

Yes.

Thankfully the save files seem unaffected & uncorrupted.

While signed out, you can load games, missions etc., pretty much play as you could before.

Downside is, no BAWSAQ, Snapmatic or RS social club access.

That's funny if I sign out it takes me to the beginning of the game...

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

It does it with me, I signed out, tried to load and still it froze.

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Rockstar is slowly turning into EA and Activision. But at least those companies fix their games and don't preteen it's golden.

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Rockstar is slowly turning into EA and Activision. But at least those companies fix their games and don't preteen it's golden.

I agree, GTA V was a disappointment, to me at least, I find myself playing GTA IV more often, I am only playing V for the achievements now.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

fix the your goddamn game Rockstar!!

I've tried everything and still I can't load saves.

this is the worst game EVER !!

f*ck your dlc based games, I will never buy any dlc for any game anymore.

its ruining the game industry and f*cks with the pleasure people have with games.

• twocam16 likes this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

I was REALLY drunk when I did the SP up to 17%, and I don't remember any of it. I want to wipe all the saves and start over fresh and sober... or at least less drunk.

But I don't want to lose any of the progress of my online character, currently level 100.

I've tried following the intuitive R* menu options, but my system just freezes up.

I'll try disconnecting from the Internet, but don't have much hope.  I'm not going to take my PS3 apart, or uninstall patches for dang sure.

___infernus___
  • ___infernus___

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thanks I tried logging out of the PSN and I could load games.Annoying though,Hopefully they will fixt this soon.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Well this problem has been around since AT LEAST patch 1.07/"Christmas Gift" time... I dont recall having these problems before that. I went online once not long after having gotten the game the week of release. I had also signed in multiple times for snapmatic, I had no problems that I could tell w/ trying to reload saves etc. I hadnt been back online (for online gameplay) since then till at least after 1.07 when ppl starting raising a fuss about the loading screen freezing when trying to REload a save as the game loads fine on the initial load. I had seen that because I experienced the problem myself being signed in for snapmatic.

I remember we even thought, MAYBE this problem would go away (if it were the Christmas Gift) since the "Christmas Gift" was going away Jan 5. But apparently it did not happen. I have no idea where "DNS, OpenDNS" came from as some kind of solution, no way I'm switching over to them. DNS or Domain Name System/Service, is only something that is used to resolve IP addresses to domain names such as "www.cnn.com" how does that have anything to do w/ reloading a save game? I mean how would your save game in a SP (offline) game have anything to do w/ being connected to the internet and signed into PSN or Xbox Live?! Sounds like an attempt to transfer responsibility by that R* rep or maybe they didnt understand the problem.

Anyway, the problems still persist for me on Ps3, trying to reload a save whilst signed in to PSN, it will freeze. I figured hundreds would have already but I also submitted a support request proly 2 weeks ago to R* and still no response :rol:

Being SIGNED OUT of PSN WHEN I start the game, yes, it allows me to reload saves, no issue for me there. What may be happening is a lot of ppl never unticked their "auto-sign in" box on their consoles so when they start the machine, its "auto-signing" them in. Otherwise, yes IF you go online to play, you do have to sign in, thats a given BUT some of us (like in the professional photos topic) also like to use SNAPMATIC and we HAVE to sign in for that as well. Since R* didnt give us an option to save our photos to our console, an ext USB whatever, then we HAVE to sign in, just to use that feature, whats the point of taking pix if you cant save any of them?!

We could but shouldnt have to take our snapmatic sessions (nor should online plyrs that want to play SP and need to reload a save) and limit them to ONLY those where we're ok w/

1. Signing out of the network (signing out can be done before/after quitting, signing out in-game still doesnt fix it, have to restart)

2. Quitting the game

3. Restarting the game

--- just to play and be able to reload a save if we're wasted/busted w/out having to just quit the game and restart it again.

It makes no sense. R* needs to find the problem and fix it. Its not Sony or M$'s fault, I do not believe its Google fault or whoever's DNS settings you're using, its something in GTA V. If 9.5 out of 10 games *like* GTA V were having problems whilst signed into the networks, THEN I'd consider looking at the network.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

after patch 1.1 i can load saves now, tried it once and it did load.

I wasn't able to do before no matter what I tried.

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Well, this is fixed for me, what about you guys?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Fixed for me too :)

Just how long is Rockstar's finger?

Took em nearly a month and a half to pull it out and get this issue fixed.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity«

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

1.10 fixed it.
I can finally meet my Online character which i haven't seen since 5th of January.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Yep, I just posted about it too in Raavi's topic. I REloaded 3 saves whilst being signed into PSN, so far they load fine! Now onto the rest of the bugs ...

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Considering this is fixed, there no point of this topic, so I'll request a lock.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users